Young Justice: Legacy Video Game Announced

Posted by G-Man (30333 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Justice has been a hit. We all just wish it had a more consistent schedule. New episodes are on the way Saturday, March 3, as part of Cartoon Network's DC Nation programming hour (more information on that can be found here).

If that wasn't good enough news for you, it turns out there is a video game in the works as well.

Little Orbit, a worldwide game publisher, has announced that it has entered a licensing agreement with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and will be releasing a Young Justice video game. Young Justice: Legacy is scheduled to ship in early 2013 for PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Nintendo's Wii(TM) system, and the Nintendo DS(TM) hand held system.

The game will feature an original storyline set in between the first and second season (we're still on the first season) and will be written in collaboration wit show writers Greg Weisman and Brandon Viette. The game will feature fan favorite playable characters, cameo appearances by popular Justice League heroes and villains and include online multiplayer as well as local multiplayer modes.

Matt Scott, CEO of Little Orbit, issued the following statement:

The TV series is a fantastic combination of compelling writing, witty humor, iconic art, and exciting action sequences. The creators have done an amazing job blending over 180 DC Comics characters into their show filtered through a new, youthful perspective. The new video game contains a slew of cool features and a large playable cast of familiar heroes, but our core mission is to create a unique experience that fits seamlessly into the world of the show and offers a new way to interact with these popular DC Comics characters.

We'll be keeping our eye out for more information. For now, you can check out the official website, www.youngjusticelegacy.com.

Staff
#1 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

I want this show back!!!

#2 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

please dont let it suck like all the other dc tv show games.

#3 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

I want the show not this. This will probably suck hard.

#4 Posted by RoboShark (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be sweet to have another decent Super hero game on Wii besides Shattered Dimensions.

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32200 posts) - - Show Bio

the show will come back, air three episodes then go on a year brake before season 2 starts

#6 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

I recall having fun with the Teen Titans game. So hopefully I will with this one as well.

#7 Posted by Atary77 (76 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool that the show is still going. As for a game if it's at least fun that's all I'll be worried about.

#8 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9317 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

the show will come back, air three episodes then go on a year brake before season 2 starts

Sadly, I can see this happening.

This show is like the HunterXHunter of tv shows

#9 Posted by NightFang (9819 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

the show will come back, air three episodes then go on a year brake before season 2 starts

Sadly, I can see this happening.

This show is like the HunterXHunter of tv shows

Yeah, and that's what could get it canceled if they didn't get there act together.

#10 Posted by MetallicMercury (82 posts) - - Show Bio

It is ridiculous how irratic the airing schedule is for this show. But a video game? They better not ruin this for me.

#11 Posted by KidSupreme (824 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it will be good!

#12 Posted by DreamerOfEden (26 posts) - - Show Bio

@KidSupreme: Agreed! Please let it be good!

#13 Posted by NXH (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: LOL I really hope not.

#14 Posted by Lvenger (17897 posts) - - Show Bio

The dekays for this show have been really annoying given the high quality of it. Aside from the comic book fantasy action and espionage it's like a teeny soap opera that's actually done right. And this is coming from a guy who hates teen dramas! Take notes Skins and 90210!

#15 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8844 posts) - - Show Bio

I would get this game. I think it could be interesting.

#16 Posted by danhimself (22217 posts) - - Show Bio

I read the title and cringed....I hope this is good but I'll keep my expectations low

#17 Posted by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

Why isn't anyone just whelmed about this game?

#18 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they don't crap it, because I'm very EXCITED about it

#19 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10916 posts) - - Show Bio

GIVE US THE SHOW! THATS THE PRIORITY!

#20 Posted by sora_thekey (8150 posts) - - Show Bio

@blur1528 said:

I recall having fun with the Teen Titans game. So hopefully I will with this one as well.

Same here!

#21 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

Why isn't anyone just whelmed about this game?

I'm barely whelmed. The last time they put out a Justice League, it was lackluster. I don't expect this to be any good.

#22 Posted by Demonturtle (455 posts) - - Show Bio

my daughter just had a heart attack reading this!

#23 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, well I'll withhold judgement on the game until I see some action. Otherwise, I say full steam ahead with it!

#24 Posted by redhood21 (772 posts) - - Show Bio

I WANT THIS to not suck :/

#25 Posted by garrettsgonewild (75 posts) - - Show Bio

This will be cool! I don't know if it'll be great but having a game is better than nothing! plus this show is so awesome!

#26 Posted by Bestostero (5616 posts) - - Show Bio

this game will almost definitely tank unfortunately...love the show though lol

#27 Posted by 00 Raiser (441 posts) - - Show Bio

@redhood21: AGREED!!!!

#28 Posted by Bluefox170 (382 posts) - - Show Bio

@Demonturtle said:

my daughter just had a heart attack reading this!

You should probably do something about that.

#29 Posted by ninjasquirrel0 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, at least the game'll have good writing. Guess we'll have to wait and see as far as the gameplay goes.

#30 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

a game based off a tv show... i think i know exactly where this is headed.

cmon people, we all knew a young justice game would be in the works but we also know it wont be good..or i should say it wont be GREAT. itll be good for fans of the show to play as their favorite character(s) but gameplay will definitly be generic beat'em up and every character will maybe have their own stats and special move/ability. i can already see the gameplay being just like the justice league game, coopoerative action with the birds-eye comaera view, beating up pointless henchmen, collecting tokens, to unlock content, then a boss at the end that could be beaten by just normal punches. we've seen this with all comic book game based off tv shows (justice league, teen titans, marvel ultimate aliance, even some of the older batman games.)

usually on video games i state my prethoughts then play the game then write if i was wrong or right, this however is my beggining and ending statement for this game im SURE it will be in the $20 bin at walmart within 3 months, that is all

#31 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe now Psimon can finally take control of the Team, and Miss Martian in particular!

#32 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh. I'll wait till some gameplay footage before I get whelmed.

#33 Posted by The Impersonator (4923 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

please dont let it suck like all the other dc tv show games.

#34 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@blur1528 said:

This about sums it up

#35 Posted by Maki_P (275 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to Ask Greg about this

#36 Posted by _Quickster_ (1531 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's hoping for goodness.

#37 Posted by notoriousmistersims (91 posts) - - Show Bio

this is a great show but i think there trying to kill it have it on every week not a week here n a week there looking forward to it coming back :)

#38 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

ill get the game

#39 Posted by krspaceT (1462 posts) - - Show Bio

So...does this imply no mole exists? Or is the mole just so well hidden that while we will know the mole's identity but the characters will not?

#40 Posted by CrimsonCake (2668 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope we'll be able to play as there mentors because I want to play as green arrow.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.