Young Justice Invasion "Depths" (Artemis is back!)

#1 Edited by King001 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

"Young Justice: Invasion

Saturday, June 9th, 2012 at 10:30am (ET/ PT) - "#33 Depths"

Artemis rejoins the team to defend a critical satellite launch. But will her first mission back also be her last?!"

It also looks like this will be the last episode of the summer as they will start re-airing episodes.

#2 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to her return, hope she has a new and better costume! I would be a little more cautious about the possible spoiler about her in the title, but I don't think it's that much of a big deal since she's already revealed to be alive and well, retired with Wally.

#3 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, last episode of the season? Or just a break?

#4 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

probably just a break, a hiatus, there's suppose to be 19 episodes for season two I think? originally it was just ten but then it got bumped for 19...i think...

#5 Edited by King001 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero: Yeah, I thought about that after posting. I don't think I can edit it out. I was too excited :)

@Deranged Midget: For break. It wouldn't make much sense if it was of the season.

I don't like how they tease "But will her first mission back also be her last?!" foreshadowing either retirement or death ;/

#6 Edited by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

We need more Aqualad episodes. It really is a shame that the creative team of this show failed to make the audience care who Aqualad is before they made him turn bad. He's still my favorite character, as well as Jaime, Babs and Cassi.

#7 Posted by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero: 20 episodes.

Unfortunately this solicit can serve only to bring back pointless death speculation.

#8 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero said:

probably just a break, a hiatus, there's suppose to be 19 episodes for season two I think? originally it was just ten but then it got bumped for 19...i think...

Last season had way to many hiatus'. I hope they don't do that again.

#9 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive: its still early, they still have plenty of time to address Kaldur's storyline, and I'm sure they will!

@YoggSaron said:

@Bestostero: 20 episodes.

Unfortunately this solicit can serve only to bring back pointless death speculation.

aw man, lets hope it doesnt come to that.

@AweSam: i hope they get it together this season, last season was awful, they should've learn better, but we'll see...

#10 Posted by X9 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh my... that's it, Kaldur will try to kill her :((

I don't think she'll die (I really wanna believe that) but I thik she'll get seriously hurt.

But I'm looking foward to see her again as... crap, her hero name is her own name. Still, Artemis, the archer :P

#11 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9 said:

I don't think she'll die (I really wanna believe that) but I thik she'll get seriously hurt.

But I'm looking foward to see her again as... crap, her hero name is her own name. Still, Artemis, the archer :P

now that you said that, its in my head now, i will be so sad if Kaldur attacks and kills or severely hurts Artemis... :(

#12 Posted by X9 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

: We're 2, buddy...

#13 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero said:

@X9 said:

now that you said that, its in my head now, i will be so sad if Kaldur attacks and kills or severely hurts Artemis... :(

I hope that happens. at least something will finally happen. Kaldur went nuts in that other episode. Loved it.

#14 Posted by cattlebattle (12694 posts) - - Show Bio

I am actually expecting Artemis to get some sort of protege in this episode. I don't know why....I guess the team feels like its missing an archer

I doubt they would kill her off after they blatantly tease it in the synopsis. I would be surprised if they did

#15 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

I am actually expecting Artemis to get some sort of protege in this episode. I don't know why....I guess the team feels like its missing an archer I doubt they would kill her off after they blatantly tease it in the synopsis. I would be surprised if they did

*Cough Arrowette Cough*

#16 Posted by KJ_Contrarian77 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

I am actually expecting Artemis to get some sort of protege in this episode. I don't know why....I guess the team feels like its missing an archer I doubt they would kill her off after they blatantly tease it in the synopsis. I would be surprised if they did

I agree - I just don't see how the overall plot would benefit by killing Artemis now. The preview is ominous, though. Maybe she is captured & then brainwashed by the Reach? That would give Wally incentive to join "The team" again - To find her. That would also be another reasonable B-plot to add to the mix. But kill her for real? Nah - Nothing for Weisman to gain by that creatively. Maybe we will be made to "think" she dies.

As to missing an archer, don't forget the "Young Justice - Invasion" poster. The archer in that poster has never been identified, and looks alot like Speedy with a funny looking right arm.....

#17 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt she dies. You don't spoil that is episode blurbs.

#18 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Again with the hiatus? WTF?

#19 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

@cattlebattle said:

*Cough Arrowette Cough*

Funny... but very possible!

#20 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

I would not dismiss the possibility that Artemis is getting a new protege, but because she's retired like Wally, I think what's gonna happen is she's gonna get "replaced" like Wally did.

In Bloodlines Wally basically passed the torch to Bart, so I'm thinking the next episode Artemis is gonna pass the torch to Arrowette. New Speedster, and new Archer on the team.

Now if only Zatanna can return briefly and pass the torch to Zachary Zatara as the new magic user on the team! (fingers crossed)

#21 Posted by X9 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

: Haha, I think you're pushing it too much with Zachary Zatara's part. The show already has too many characters to deal with. But who knows, maybe he'll make a cameon...

Hey, how funny would it be if Arrowette and Impulse had the same "I don't like you" relationship that Artemis and Wally had? Repetitive? Maybe, but it could last only for one episode, I wouldn't mind. It doesn't have to lead to a romantic involvement. I guess the speedster + archer thing has really grown on me :P

#22 Posted by ReclaimerM3GTR (38 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero said:

I would not dismiss the possibility that Artemis is getting a new protege, but because she's retired like Wally, I think what's gonna happen is she's gonna get "replaced" like Wally did.

In Bloodlines Wally basically passed the torch to Bart, so I'm thinking the next episode Artemis is gonna pass the torch to Arrowette. New Speedster, and new Archer on the team.

Now if only Zatanna can return briefly and pass the torch to Zachary Zatara as the new magic user on the team! (fingers crossed)

I'd rather see Mia, the Arrowette personally.

#23 Edited by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9: Zachary is just awesome. He deserves more exposure lol

@ReclaimerM3GTR: Wouldn't it be crazy if it is Mia, and then she babysits for clone Roy and Cheshire's kid. lol

#24 Posted by X9 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

: It'd make more sense if real Roy babysits for the ones who saved him then anyone else. Not happening, of course. Hehe.

Yeah, nth against Zachary. What's up to him in the New 52 anyway?

#25 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9: you tell me! lol

i dont think he made an appearance in the new 52 yet, if he did i missed it, i dont read everything so i dont know. wished he was in something though.

#26 Posted by X9 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

: From what I saw in the internet, he hasn't shown up yet.

But I'll ask it in his forum. It's better :)

#27 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9: Unfortunately, I dont think many people post on obscure character forums, but wouldnt hurt.

it would just be so awesome if he was on the show...Zatara brought in Zatanna, Zatanna brings in Zachary, perfect! family tradition, works out perfectly in my mind lol

#28 Posted by mfundo (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for this episode. Yesterday's one and the week before that one I loved. Can't wait to see Artemis again. I also hope they bring in Zachary too.

#29 Posted by X9 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

: They answered :P

He hasn't shown up yet.

#30 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

@mfundo: high five, knew i couldnt be the only one who wanted him!

@X9: kinda figured, i would've known if he had! lol

#31 Posted by xfactor26 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

I must say that I would rather they stop phasing out the original season one members with all of the new characters. Don't get me wrong, I like most (not all) of them but I have gotten attached to the season one characters (especially Wally and Artemis) and I want to continue following their story lines instead of leaving them and picking up handful of others.

I totally agree that Mia would be a great addition over arrowette.

#32 Posted by wonderW (134 posts) - - Show Bio

Well i think she dies in the new 52 so it would not be a shock she was never a hero in the comics

#33 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

not her again, I like her better when she's retired and I don't have to watch her on a regular basis

#34 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually really looking forward to seeing the interaction between artemis and Bart because Wally must have told her about him.

#35 Posted by X9 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

@htb106 said:

I'm actually really looking forward to seeing the interaction between artemis and Bart because Wally must have told her about him.

I wonder how it might feel if Bart look at Artemis and don't recognize her. "We'll be together forever" fail XD

#36 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Hiatuses suck.

#37 Posted by Underachiever007 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Artemis is supposed to die here, but Bart, knowing what's going to happen, prevents it. I dunno. I could see them killing Artemis off, but it wouldn't make much sense.

#38 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's to say Bart knows or not, he only came for Barry Allen, and he said before that he didn't know everything about the team's history when Beast Boy questioned him.

#39 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9001 posts) - - Show Bio

I am very happy to hear that Artemis is back, but I really hope that the Hiatus will not be too long

#40 Posted by Underachiever007 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero said:

Who's to say Bart knows or not, he only came for Barry Allen, and he said before that he didn't know everything about the team's history when Beast Boy questioned him.

Eh, I think he'd at least know if someone so important to Wally was dead, but hey, you maybe right. This is all assuming she dies, of course.

#41 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

@Underachiever007 said:

@Bestostero said:

Eh, I think he'd at least know if someone so important to Wally was dead, but hey, you maybe right. This is all assuming she dies, of course.

To me, her death would be just like any other person's death, a sad thing but not relevant (to Bart that is). The only thing that ties her to Bart is her relationship with Wally. I don't think that would impact him as much as Barry, but I guess it could.

#42 Posted by mfundo (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder what's happening next week

#43 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero said:

he might have been lying. he is not going to spill the beans totally.

#44 Posted by srk12 (84 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest, we have no idea whether anything Bart says is the truth or not. Take for example what he said in Bloodlines. He mentioned something about how he wanted to hug Barry without the fear of hurting him, or how he learned the wind funnel trick from his dad who in turn had learned it from Barry. Now if Barry died by Neutron's hands in the original timeline, then that means Bart was definitely lying because the Barry in the original timeline would never live to teach his son the wind funnel trick and never see Bart as his grandson. The only thing we conclusively know about him that he's Barry and Iris's grandson through DNA evidence. Therefore we really don't know if Wally or Artemis even survived in the original timeline to make any impact on Bart's life.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.