Young Justice: "Denial" Video & Images

Posted by G-Man (34236 posts) - - Show Bio

Warner Bros. has sent over some information about the next all-new episode of Young Justice. "Denial" premieres Friday, February 18, at 7:00 p.m. on Cartoon Network. The team investigates the disappearance of Kent Nelson (formerly Doctor Fate) and the scientific minded Wally West is forced to confront his disbelief in magic while battling Abra Kadabra and Klarion the Witch Boy for the ultra-powerful helmet of fate. 

Check out the video clip and images for the episode. 

== TEASER == 

Staff
#1 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

XD dr. fate has an awesome costume in the screen shot

#2 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

ooohhh

#3 Posted by CrazyAsAFox (298 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else reckon Aqualad's a fanboy of Dr. Fate by the way he reacted? :L

#4 Posted by kitsuneconundrum (208 posts) - - Show Bio

i can't stand superboy and miss martian in this series. angsty teen heartrob and a ditzy girl who doesnt seem to get much air time.

#5 Posted by cattlebattle (12774 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't using the term "sorcerer supreme" copyright infringement?
#6 Posted by tgaxgriffenx (20 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle:  Yeah i was a little shocked they went there. Now we need a Dr. Fate Dr. Strange face off to see who is the real sorcerer supreme and who is a fake.
#7 Posted by Midnight Monk (225 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, Wally not believe in magic even though people like Wonder Woman,Zatara,Zatanna,& Captain Marvel all are in that show? I said it before and I'll say it again everyone in the DCU is a high functioning retard except for the Bat Family. For some reason if your in the Bat family you are smarter than the average DCU hero and villain

#8 Posted by ltbrd (562 posts) - - Show Bio

agree with you there, looks pretty badass compared to other versions.

thought it was also funny that they through this title out given the wizard Shazam is at least equal if not more powerful than Dr. Fate.

@ kitsuneconundrm
agree with you on Miss Martian, though only when she's talking because in battle they do a good job portraying her powers. As for Superboy, I don't mind him right now based on the concept of this iteration. He's supposed to be angry, the dude was grown in a tube to kill the guy he wants to be acknowledged by. Not exactly easy going. Is it teenage angst and anger, sure.....but its not exactly the worst case of it in a show nor is it that unrealistic to what a real teenager would feel. If you were constantly being ignored by your "parent" I reckon you'd be pretty pissed off to. But the redeeming value for this character is that every episode we see a little change in him becoming more and more open to his teammates. Still has trouble controlling his anger, but at least he's beginning to get along with people. I'd expect to see more change and mellowing out from him as time goes by (at least until they follow the comics a bit and he goes evil from imbeded mental conditioning) though at this point I don't see any saving grace for Miss Martian.

#9 Posted by NXH (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

So, no Robin this week then? Damn!

#10 Posted by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish Kid Devil was on here, the last episode was sort of a snore fest the best parts had Spe.....Red Arrow in them. Oh and they need more scene's with Superman bailing at the sight of Conner 'priceless' XD

#11 Posted by Circe (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Superboy's nipples have gone

#12 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!!! ABRA KADABRA'S GONNA APPEAR IN THIS EPISODE!!! YA-HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D

#13 Edited by punisher1313 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the show is fantastic, it reminds me of Avatar the way they all interact with each other and I love Superboy and Miss Martian, heck I love them all..........Great show!!!!

#14 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

Kent Nelson does look good for his age.

#15 Posted by Icarusflies (12503 posts) - - Show Bio

Klarion?! YES!

#16 Posted by GOUKI (437 posts) - - Show Bio
@Midnight Monk:  for the most part, i agree lol
#17 Posted by sladewilson30 (219 posts) - - Show Bio

the player isn't on here

#18 Posted by NightFang (10065 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this clip would have work better. 

#19 Posted by mistersarcastic (324 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like this'll be a good episode. And it sucks that Robin will be absent...I was starting to get used to his humor. The "infiltrators have been out-filtrated" and all. But maybe that's a good thing. The Artemis can better find her place on a team and won't be a last minute backup plan or something. Looking forward to more Miss Martian and Artemis, Aqualad and Superboy team-ups. oh yeh.

#20 Posted by sweatboy (810 posts) - - Show Bio

So no Robin huh? i'ma gonna catch this one! SO EXCITED! "Black canary taught me that," oh wow, really? no kidding? cos the last episode you couldn't do that and you talked to Canary,... and no one else helped you out (not cool we know, but...) so i'm saying, it's kinda obvious saying that, i mean we saw Canary use it herself too so,...just saying

#21 Posted by Darkmount1 (1276 posts) - - Show Bio

Madame Xanadu???!?!? They have Cree Summer as Madame Xanadu?!?!?!? Wow, this is pretty much her first animated appearance, and they make her a fake medium??!?!?? What gives?????? And it does look like Jeff Bennet reprises Abra Kadabra, but that begs the question-who voices Kent Nelson and Klarion?
#22 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
" Isn't using the term "sorcerer supreme" copyright infringement? "
I don't think it's actually been copyrighted
#23 Posted by KZR (487 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies:  The person I'm looking forward to see the most in this episode.
#24 Posted by thecheckeredman (398 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad they're using Kent Nelson.

#25 Posted by LordTaronji101 (277 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the Tv shows coming out recently. This show like the new avengers show is very expansive. I love how there are tons of characters introduced that the general populace does not know. I loved how in the pilot episode of these series they show the justice league flying in. It was pretty cool and there were a lot of characters. I have high hopes for the years to come involving these shows.

Lord taronji has spoken

#26 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

More Superboy please

#27 Posted by Z3RO180 (6549 posts) - - Show Bio

i like super boy but miss martian need to be shut up if i hear hello megan agin im going to cry
#28 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9064 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr Fate......This is good stuff. 

#29 Posted by SladeRogers (291 posts) - - Show Bio

First off, Wally not believing in magic is understandable. I mean he's probably already came up with his own reason as to how the other magic-weilders use their powers. For example, he could think Wonder Woman's gear is just extremely advanced tech that doesn't really look advanced or something.  

No, Robin in this episode is kinda disappointing. His take on words make me think, heck I've used friggin' whelmed several times!!! Anyway, I mean I guess it's to give Artemis some time to show her skills to the team with out the other person with impressive tech weapons beside her. 

This episode being about Doctor Fate is kinda nice for me. I've never really thought they'd bring the Justice Society in the series. Now, if they only give Black Cat a spot to help Black Canary train the team and Jay Garrick an episode where he and Wally bond, I'll be a happy guy. 

One last thing, anybody else notice that this whole series is like Degrassi a bit? Superboy and Ms. Martian's relationship is kinda Degrassi-style dontcha guys think so? He's the misunderstoo, hardcore guy with father issues and she's the cheerleader that's actually smart, but gets swept up in the moment. Aqualad is (of course) the black guy that's always calm and doesn't really get into many uncontrollable situations. Wally and Dick are the best buds, one whose kinda perverted and the other that makes fun of him as well as outs him on it. And Artemis is easily the troubled girl that ends up unintentionally hurting her friends at one point or another. 

Sorry about rambling. :)

#30 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@SladeRogers: lol Superboy is awesome
#31 Posted by SladeRogers (291 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64:
He is, but you gotta admit they made the team stereotypical to high school teenagers in every aspect?
#32 Posted by Darkmount1 (1276 posts) - - Show Bio
@SladeRogers:
Don't you mean Wildcat instead of Black Cat? 

And something tells me that given the chance, we could see the first animated appearances of Terry Sloane as Mr. Terrific and maybe the Starman legacy. Who knows, maybe even more of Kyle Rayner and Ray Terril. A Freedom Fighters episode, of course!
#33 Posted by Suigetsu (1720 posts) - - Show Bio

So is superboy going to make out with black canary or something?

#34 Posted by Nic_tarik (48 posts) - - Show Bio
@Darkmount1:  ummm, definitely not Cree's first.. just Wikipedia her or imdb.
#35 Posted by Darkmount1 (1276 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nic_tarik:
No, not Cree's, Madame Xanadu's. This is the first time Madame Xanadu's been animated, and they made her a fake medium. Outrageous!
#36 Posted by The Stegman (24407 posts) - - Show Bio

ha sorcerer supreme, take THAT Strange!!

#37 Posted by gonman (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Something tells me Kid Flash and Artemis are going to be arguing again.

#38 Posted by Beast_in_the_Shadows (430 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still on the fence with this series.  I love the direction of the show and production quality is amazing.  However alot of the characters have some major problems with them...

For Robin, i can't stand how in every episode he is picking apart some suffixed word: Overwhelmed, disaster, infilltrae and I forget the other two.  It would be something he he did a bunch in one episode and that was it, but one in every show is really annoying.

I can't stand Superboy's attitude of  "I'm angry and awkward so I'm gonna punch something really hard" However, as Conner has always come off a a jerk to me, then I guess it's staying true to his character.

M'gann is doing allright,  but much like Robin's overly formulaic word play, they really need to stop her "Hello, Megan!"  And maybe it's because I really like her and don't care for Conner at all, but I really don't like the implied romance between the two of them in this show.

All the other characters are doing pretty well, except for the fact that both Robin and Kid Flash are portrayed far more like Tim and Bart so I don't know why they figured they neede to make them Dick and Wally.

Anyway, I'm liking the show enough for all the villians who make surprise appearances like when Mammoth and Shimmer were in the bane episode.

Now if only Roy would form this universes verion of the Titans, then I'd let everything else slide.

#39 Posted by TenEyedMen (212 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who doesn't let Robin's suffix quirk or Megan's catchphrase ruin the enjoyment of the show? I didn't even noticed them last week until someone pointed them out.

#40 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

He~llooooo Megan! :D

What?!
You guys hate quirks, epxressions and catchphrases? We all got those. I'm sure the ones who complaint actually have annoying tics in real life anyway :P

#41 Posted by DKing_CiCADA (340 posts) - - Show Bio
@gonman: It's only cause they like each other =P
#42 Posted by Nic_tarik (48 posts) - - Show Bio
@Darkmount1:  OH!! LOL, i'll go sit in the corner now
#43 Posted by mistersarcastic (324 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to admit, this was my favorite ep so far. I loved we got to see even more of Artemis and how well she reacts with the team. She's almost found her place in the team if she hasn't already! Artemis, Aqualad, Me'gann, and Superboy are my favorites. Oh yeah, and of course Roy.

#44 Posted by gonman (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Am i the only one that noticed that when Artemis introduced herself she called herself Artemis? Hint hint

#45 Posted by TenEyedMen (212 posts) - - Show Bio
@gonman: 

Not to mention she used a crossbow. Gee, I wonder who else has used a crossbow before?
#46 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
" Isn't using the term "sorcerer supreme" copyright infringement? "
Or just plain out of bounds on this one?
#47 Posted by Atari_Graphics (176 posts) - - Show Bio
@mistersarcastic said:
" I have to admit, this was my favorite ep so far. I loved we got to see even more of Artemis and how well she reacts with the team. She's almost found her place in the team if she hasn't already! Artemis, Aqualad, Me'gann, and Superboy are my favorites. Oh yeah, and of course Roy. "

This was actually my least favorite episode so far.  

It seemed disconnected with the overall narrative. I dont remember seeing anything from The Light and Robin wasnt even in it. 

I dont like Artemis period and I think it was silly of Wally to be skeptical of magic when as a commenter already stated earlier, a guy like Capt Marvel is in the League. 

Overall I still enjoyed watching though and my favorite part was getting to actually see all the souvenirs Wally has been collecting so far. 
#48 Posted by mistersarcastic (324 posts) - - Show Bio
@Atari_Graphics: Lol, well to each his own? But I do agree, the whole bit about Wally not believing in magic was a little crazy to me as well. 

Anyone know when they'll post clips for this week's upcoming episode?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.