Follow

Young Justice

Team » Young Justice appears in 269 issues.

Young Justice started as another legacy team consisting of a generation of sidekicks younger than the original Teen Titans lineup. Like the Teen Titans, they would eventually increase membership beyond sidekicks and make a name for themselves beyond their mentors.

Young Justice Cop Out

FrankenKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FrankenKong

Is anyone else getting tired of all the "twists and turns" latley. The 5 year stretch was a big enough stretch as it is. Now it seems like every episode ends with the viewers finding out someone was a clone,not really dead,switched sides at a moments notice,was on the same side the whole time ect. Suspense is a lost art and it clearly shows. I wish they would keep us not guessing so much or making us "SAY WHAAAAAAAT?!" If Young Justice wants to survive keep the flip flop act to a minimum.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

agreed

I am usually positive towards the show and generally impressed but....

Only 2 members....2!! of the original group (including Roy and Red Tornado) have not falsely betrayed the team at one point...its a little much. 

I thought not having Aqualad truly become a bad guy was a missed opportunity, and killing Artemis off wouldn't have been such a crime...her story was tied up in the first season essentially

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Bestostero

To me the show has been incredibly well done and the twists and turns only makes it more intriguing, but everyone has their own tastes and opinions. I just think the show is doing a great job of keeping me on the edge of my seat in suspense.

Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Hunter114

I like what they've done with it... there are a lot of intricate plotlines, which will eventually lead to a climax... and to be fair, there are only a few big reveals, but there are little mini-reveals along the way, which are just meant to be cliffhangers.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Twentyfive

I agree to an extent that they are traveling lenghths for the wow factor. Sometimes they don't wow me, especially the missing 16 hours. We all knew what they did. Instead of 'wow', I said 'Really? You make me wait a week for that?' The only thing this show is good for now, is the character tributes, and inclusions. The show is actually boring to me.

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By X9

But that's what makes me think season 2 is way better than season 1...

TenEyedMen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By TenEyedMen

@cattlebattle said:

agreed I am usually positive towards the show and generally impressed but.... Only 2 members....2!! of the original group (including Roy and Red Tornado) have not falsely betrayed the team at one point...its a little much. I thought not having Aqualad truly become a bad guy was a missed opportunity, and killing Artemis off wouldn't have been such a crime...her story was tied up in the first season essentially

Except that Aqualad had a rather lame motivation to be evil in the first place. Not to mention people would have whined about Artemis being fridged anyways.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cattlebattle
    @TenEyedMen said:

@cattlebattle said:

agreed I am usually positive towards the show and generally impressed but.... Only 2 members....2!! of the original group (including Roy and Red Tornado) have not falsely betrayed the team at one point...its a little much. I thought not having Aqualad truly become a bad guy was a missed opportunity, and killing Artemis off wouldn't have been such a crime...her story was tied up in the first season essentially

Except that Aqualad had a rather lame motivation to be evil in the first place. Not to mention people would have whined about Artemis being fridged anyways.

Whats so lame about it...he was deceived and his child hood friend was killed in an as of yet revealed situation....there has been much worse motivations

People complain about all kinds of asinine things on this show...from a writing standpoint, Artemis' character arc was done in the first season, they could have killed her off.
    abeyance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By abeyance

I think it would have been edgier with Aqualad being a true villain and letting Artemis die. I mean there are other characters in the DCverse. Artemis' death would have been caused an outraged but people would have gotten over it. I'm just curious where she's going with Aqualad now that she's supposed to be dead.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I like everything except Aqualad being a double agent, and thus, Artemis not dying, I think it would make Aqualad more interesting if he was a villain, and be a larger impact (especially to Wally) if Artemis actually did die for good.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By ReVamp

I don't think its that bad.

@The Stegman said:

I like everything except Aqualad being a double agent

He is?

Serves me right for not watching this week's yet and coming to a YJ thread.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @ReVamp: ....awww crap, I should have put a spoiler alert on it but others mentioned it before me so I didn't bother...sorry Revamp. :(
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ReVamp

@The Stegman said:

@ReVamp: ....awww crap, I should have put a spoiler alert on it but others mentioned it before me so I didn't bother...sorry Revamp. :(

What? No no no. Its hardly you're fault. Its mine.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By dernman
    @The Stegman said:
    I like everything except Aqualad being a double agent, and thus, Artemis not dying, I think it would make Aqualad more interesting if he was a villain, and be a larger impact (especially to Wally) if Artemis actually did die for good.
    This and RV is used to me spoiling sh!t. :p
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ReVamp

@Dernman: -________________-

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CrimsonCake

@Twentyfive said:

I agree to an extent that they are traveling lenghths for the wow factor. Sometimes they don't wow me, especially the missing 16 hours. We all knew what they did. Instead of 'wow', I said 'Really? You make me wait a week for that?' The only thing this show is good for now, is the character tributes, and inclusions. The show is actually boring to me.

True,Anyone could have guessed what had happened in the 16 hours because that was way to simple.I still like this show and the writing is pretty good but sometimes the whole Twist and turns aspect of it is become extremely redundant.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pokergeist

Im glad Atrmetis didnt die and I love how Aqualad is not a traitor. The fact hes working with the orignal members of the team and only they know shows what a potential for disaster that Nightwing is treading.  

Wally and his Girl is a nice stable love intrest, I get so tired seeing love intrest get killed off or break up for whatever reason. Just because 65% of America is Divorced doesnt mean Heros cant be commited or live together till they grow old and die. 

This was a great episode in the fact it showed Nightwing and Aqualad are doing something very clever to reveal the Light. Wally and his Girl are getting dragged back into action. As well as the potential disaster that will come from this.
    krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#18  Edited By krspaceT

Its Greg's style. The world's a tad New 52ish....its almost a polar reaction to the campyness of Brave and the Bold (though they both are good with the obscure bettering)

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BatteredArmor

@cattlebattle said:

I thought not having Aqualad truly become a bad guy was a missed opportunity, and killing Artemis off wouldn't have been such a crime...her story was tied up in the first season essentially

agreed.....and I'm not just saying that because I dislike Artemis and think Aqualad was a bad@ss villain.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cattlebattle
    @BlackArmor said:

@cattlebattle said:

agreed.....and I'm not just saying that because I dislike Artemis and think Aqualad was a bad@ss villain.

Honestly he was working better as a villain, while I didn't dislike the characters his general passive mentality in the first season made no sense, usually a pacifist does not really favor violence...Aqualad seemed to have no problem getting into a fray., he also showed generally low personality for the most part.
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BatteredArmor

@cattlebattle said:

@BlackArmor said:

@cattlebattle said:

Honestly he was working better as a villain, while I didn't dislike the characters his general passive mentality in the first season made no sense, usually a pacifist does not really favor violence...Aqualad seemed to have no problem getting into a fray., he also showed generally low personality for the most part.

He wasn't really passive in season 1 just kind of excessively calm and composed, but I agree that he worked better as a villain

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cattlebattle
    @BlackArmor said:

@cattlebattle said:

He wasn't really passive in season 1 just kind of excessively calm and composed, but I agree that he worked better as a villain

I thought being passive was being calm and composed
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BatteredArmor

@cattlebattle said:

@BlackArmor said:

@cattlebattle said:

I thought being passive was being calm and composed

Well yeah but yo related it to being a pacifist. You can be as abrasive as Guy Gardner and be a pacifist and as Calm as Aqualad and be violent so I was really more responding to that assertion

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By cattlebattle
    @BlackArmor said:

@cattlebattle said:

@BlackArmor said:

Well yeah but yo related it to being a pacifist. You can be as abrasive as Guy Gardner and be a pacifist and as Calm as Aqualad and be violent so I was really more responding to that assertion

Aaaaah...I don't know, Aqualad was always kind of not wanting to fight....I guess in retrospect it was kind of dependent on who the opponent was though
    Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#25  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

One of the BEST comicbook cartoon

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BatteredArmor

@cattlebattle: eh, you could just chalk it up to him believing in diplomacy or something.

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By CellphoneGirl

I love this show so much. lol

However I have just never liked Aqualad ever since the first episode. I am in love with practically every other character in the show though.

Suprman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28  Edited By Suprman

I see where people are coming from and I while I understand how it wouldn't work for some people, it works for me. One of the reasons I think this reveal/twist works is because now the team, Nightwing, Kaldur, Wally and Artemis in particular are being forced into a situation they have never been in before and to be honest, I think they are going to be pushed past the breaking point. These twists are leading are leading to something big, duh, but I'm interested to see what they are leading up to. The twists keep me thinking and I love that about this show.

As to the time skip, it's a double edged sword for me. On the one hand, it was clear at the end of season 1 that the team had established itself as it's own group and that they could stand on their own with little to no help from the league. It was a good idea to jump ahead and see where the team was, how they had evolved, what changed, what stayed the same etc. On the other hand, I would have really liked to see that development take place and watch it happen as it was happening as opposed to just being told that it happened. I know they are releasing a game that will fill in the plot points but to that I'd rather have a mini-movie or a graphic novel. Overall I do understand where you are coming from, but it doesn't bother me that much.

Suprman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Suprman

@cattlebattle: I thought that Aqualad had always wanted to use fighting as a last resort or step of the plan. What I mean by that is He always seemed to want to get the information first and then use fighting if it was necessary. This doesn't make him a pacifist, just a good strategist. Although when he first showed up, I knew he was undercover in some way, he's probably fought Manta multiple times over his career and it just seemed strange that he would switch sides on a whim. However instead of him going undercover, I thought it would've been a little more interesting if Manta was responsible for Tula's death and he joined the organization to get revenge. Just my opinion though.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mega_spidey01

@Bestostero said:

To me the show has been incredibly well done and the twists and turns only makes it more intriguing, but everyone has their own tastes and opinions. I just think the show is doing a great job of keeping me on the edge of my seat in suspense.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Suprman said:

@cattlebattle: I thought that Aqualad had always wanted to use fighting as a last resort or step of the plan. What I mean by that is He always seemed to want to get the information first and then use fighting if it was necessary. This doesn't make him a pacifist, just a good strategist. Although when he first showed up, I knew he was undercover in some way, he's probably fought Manta multiple times over his career and it just seemed strange that he would switch sides on a whim. However instead of him going undercover, I thought it would've been a little more interesting if Manta was responsible for Tula's death and he joined the organization to get revenge. Just my opinion though.

Yeah, I just found him to be more collective and not really wanting to fight earlier in the first season, but when I think about it, the guys he was against fighting were brainwashed heroes, like Guardian and Superboy. 

I had also suspected Aqualad was really working undercover, there were some hints

Your last sentence would have been bad ass, him with his own agenda...I just thought overall Aqualad was one of the more boring characters personality wise (physically he was awesome...how could you not like liquid swords?) he was predictable in his responses, I just thought him as a villain would have made him more interesting...honestly, although a ploy, I found him impaling Artemis and saying "welcome back" to be one of the most vicious things I have ever seen in a cartoon
    Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#32  Edited By Teerack

I think the story is fine. The entire show is based around uncovering the plans of the secret organization know as the light. It wouldn't have a very relevant story if they didn't keep revealing parts of their plot. And if you thought Kaldur being undercover was surprising you just didn't see all of the obvious clues.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Teerack said:

I think the story is fine. The entire show is based around uncovering the plans of the secret organization know as the light. It wouldn't have a very relevant story if they didn't keep revealing parts of their plot. And if you thought Kaldur being undercover was surprising you just didn't see all of the obvious clues.

I think the OP means that its overkill, if you watch some current shows like Korra and Thundercats......sometimes, the episode just ends, every episode of YJ ends like Inspector Gadget, with the Light or someone revealing something shocking......."hey, you thought it was this....but it was really this!!"

Its a Twist!!!
    Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Obtrusive

At least this show can hold a little mystery, unlike avatar, legend of korra, where any mystery is dispelled later that episode.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vernierhawk001

@Suprman said:

I see where people are coming from and I while I understand how it wouldn't work for some people, it works for me. One of the reasons I think this reveal/twist works is because now the team, Nightwing, Kaldur, Wally and Artemis in particular are being forced into a situation they have never been in before and to be honest, I think they are going to be pushed past the breaking point. These twists are leading are leading to something big, duh, but I'm interested to see what they are leading up to. The twists keep me thinking and I love that about this show.

As to the time skip, it's a double edged sword for me. On the one hand, it was clear at the end of season 1 that the team had established itself as it's own group and that they could stand on their own with little to no help from the league. It was a good idea to jump ahead and see where the team was, how they had evolved, what changed, what stayed the same etc. On the other hand, I would have really liked to see that development take place and watch it happen as it was happening as opposed to just being told that it happened. I know they are releasing a game that will fill in the plot points but to that I'd rather have a mini-movie or a graphic novel. Overall I do understand where you are coming from, but it doesn't bother me that much.

I think I would have liked this past timeskip (i've heard chatter that there may be another?) would have worked a little better for me if they had spent more time this new season focusing on the old Team and their development. But I understand that the writers had a story they wanted to tell and that required the story to advance rapidly....I guess. Anyway, Season 1 was addictive after the last hiatus so I have high expectations for September!

And what do you mean by Nightwing et al. being pushed part the breaking point?

Suprman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Suprman

@vernierhawk001: Well, what I meant is that I think that Nightwing, Kaldur, Wally and Artemis are going to be forced to make more and more difficult decisions that will affect them and the team on a more personal level. Eventually it may reach a point where one, or all of them can't deal with the hard choices they will have to make. They've already made mistakes in this undercover plan and they could very easily make more. They are still young and may not be able to cope with it. Does that make more sense?

Also Yeah, the writers do only have a limited amount of episodes to work with and they also have new characters to set up and they need to be able to grow like the old team did. Finally, according to Greg Weisman, they will likely do another time skip if the show gets picked up for a third season.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vernierhawk001

Ahh. Cool theory. I'm hoping it won't break the Team apart but I kinda feel it will. I figure Tim would stand by Nightwing, M'gann might be PO'd, Superboy is gonna be hurt.....a lot, Gar is prob gonna go with him. Just hope M'gann doesn't blast anyone's brains in the mean time

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.