Young Justice Cartoon In The Works?

• 65 results
Posted by G-Man (30657 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's think about this, a Young Justice cartoon.  Is anyone intetested?  This could be a really cool show.  Is it too good to be true? 

Bleeding Cool stumbled across Stephanie Lemelin's blog stating the following: 

WOW. Ok… I am beyond thrilled to announce that I was recently cast in the new animated series, YOUNG JUSTICE LEAGUE, based on the famous (and awesome!?) DC Comics. I seriously could not be more excited about being welcomed into this amazing family… what a fantastic way to start the new year! I will be voicing the character of Arrowette (see ridiculously hot avatar below!!! um, could I love her anymore?) as well as several supporting cast members… Due to the extreme popularity of this series, however, that’s about all I can say… for now. So excited, this is really a dream come true for me, I have ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A SATURDAY MORNING CARTOOON!!! Woohoo!     

She even provided the following image: 

Arrowette?  Works for me.  What's weird though if you try finding this entry on Lemelin's blog, it's no longer found.  Maybe she jumped the gun in announcing it?  Also you'll notice she says "Young Justice League" but I think we can safely assume she means Young Justice.  Should we dare hope we'll see Robin, Impulse and Superboy?  I would've liked to see a return of the Teen Titans but if this is done right, I'll be there watching.
Staff
#1 Posted by Solar Orchid (224 posts) - - Show Bio

AWESOMENESS!!!!!

#2 Posted by terjitt (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell, yes.

#3 Posted by Omega The Supreme Being (139 posts) - - Show Bio

sweet i just hope they don't focus all the screen time on superboy and/or robin

#4 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG!!!
YAYYY.

Wonder Girl (Cassie)  has to have a main role in this show, or so help me god! ..... I will go psycho on their ass.

#5 Posted by Curleyman182155 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

heck yes! love young justice 

#6 Posted by Jimmy Olsen (1 posts) - - Show Bio

YEAH! I would love a show about the "Young Justice" boys! Sounds awesome. 

And hell yeah ... Cassie has to have a main role!
#7 Edited by Fastback (110 posts) - - Show Bio

"Also you'll notice she says "Young Justice League"  " This is exactly what I noticed, and for a second I feared it would be regular JL as kids, but Arrowette gave me a sigh of relief. I have nothing against the concept of JL as kids, but young justice was one of my favorite series. I hope they use the original 6 and Arowette never quits, fortunately the events forcing her to quit are a little too violent for a saturday morning cartoon. Please though, no shoving annoying morals down our throat. The only one I remember is "Hunters are evil!" but I believe there were others. Family Guy does it enough for me.

#8 Posted by cold_fuzion (167 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes! Where do I pre-order the fist season on DVD?

#9 Posted by danhimself (22292 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Justice is one of my all time favorite series and as long as they don't go the same route as they did with the Teen Titans cartoon then I will definitely be watching this....who am I kidding if it has Superboy in it then I'll watch it either way

#10 Posted by Amber (314 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be great, especially if it was on regular network tv. My friends and I seem to talk a lot about how much we miss Saturday morning cartoons.

#11 Posted by danhimself (22292 posts) - - Show Bio

so I decided to look around the internet for some more info and the one rumor I found said the line up will be Martian Girl, Aqua Lad, Nightwing, Arrowette, Impulse, and Connor Kent...it's just a rumor hopefully they go with the actual Young Justice line up

#12 Posted by bingbangboom (746 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks interesting and I am always up for more comic book cartoons. I never read Young Justice but always enjoyed the art on the book. Hopefully it is different than Teen Titans, not that I hated the show, just want something different. I wonder if it will have cameos from more "adult" heroes like Batman and Flash.

#13 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this show evolves into something like the Justice League Animated Series, I loved that show and it spanned many seasons. ^^ 

#14 Posted by sora_thekey (8153 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to se the SuperBoy and Robin (Tim) relationship on TV! 

and the Superboy/Wonder Girl relationship also!!! 

Sorry i just started reading Adventure Comics!
#15 Posted by buns134 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome i would love this!

#16 Posted by Namor1987 (1883 posts) - - Show Bio

who was in the young justice roster or their main team?

#17 Posted by Harlekin (680 posts) - - Show Bio
@Namor1987 said:

" who was in the young justice roster or their main team? "

Main Team - Impulse, Superboy, Robin, Arrowette, Wonder Girl and Secret.
#18 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes this some awesome words can't describe how awesome this is.

#19 Posted by danhimself (22292 posts) - - Show Bio
@Harlekin said:
" @Namor1987 said:

" who was in the young justice roster or their main team? "

Main Team - Impulse, Superboy, Robin, Arrowette, Wonder Girl and Secret. "
not really part of the main team but I'd want Slobo and Empress on the show to
#20 Posted by StaticJames (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Ever since Teen titans finished I've been waiting for something like this x)

#21 Posted by Harlekin (680 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself: I like Slobo too but Dan DiDio thinks he ruined Lobo.
#22 Edited by FoxxFireArt (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

This could have some potential. The art style seems interesting enough.
Arrowette seems to have Angelina Jolie lips. Which is a good thing.

The costume also looks far more practical.

#23 Posted by jefprice (878 posts) - - Show Bio

Great, another Young Avengers. Just what we need. 

#24 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

ARROWETTE!  Although... green?  It's really not her colour! 

I used to think it would be a perfect series for animation.  It would be brilliant if they did it in the Ramos style (JLA: World Without Grown-Ups)  

I hope this will be the 'real' Young Justice.  With Impulse... and not just some Teen Titans rehash.  Animated Impulse... just the thought of it makes me happy with a warm & fuzzy glow deep inside.

#25 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

See I've been wanting this not that anime-americanized Teen Titans version. I hope they bring in Slobo if this Young Justice happens.
#26 Posted by Namor1987 (1883 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" ARROWETTE!  Although... green?  It's really not her colour!  I used to think it would be a perfect series for animation.  It would be brilliant if they did it in the Ramos style (JLA: World Without Grown-Ups)  I hope this will be the 'real' Young Justice.  With Impulse... and not just some Teen Titans rehash.  Animated Impulse... just the thought of it makes me happy with a warm & fuzzy glow deep inside. "
So this is like the Justice League sidekicks team or what
#27 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard about this last night and was going to post something, have you heard about the Green Lantern CGI cartoon supposedly in the works G-Man?

#28 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio

Why didn't they just continue Teen Titans? I know this will be good though.DC is really good at animated series or well WB is.

#29 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

Never followed Young Justice but regarding an animated series, why not?  Sounds like a good idea.
#30 Posted by danhimself (22292 posts) - - Show Bio
@jefprice said:
" Great, another Young Avengers. Just what we need.  "
this isn't another Young Avengers....Young Justice was around a long time before the Young Avengers and was 100 times better than that series
#31 Posted by Jediknightjace (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy awesome! The Tim Drake robin hasn't been done justice (no pun intended) on TV yet. If he's in this, this jumps to near the top of my "must watch" list. If not... well, it probably still jumps to near the top of my "must watch" list.

#32 Posted by The_Crow4 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutley! Yeah shear awsomness!
#33 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

YAY!!!! i loved Young Justice! i heard rumors about this becoming a show the other day. 

Arrowette looks great! Maybe this'll give them an excuse to reuinte the classic Young Justice and being back Secret, Empress, and Arrowette.

#34 Posted by Raziel3024 (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently, Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) appeared in the comic so there's a slim chance she might get animated, even though it will most likely be focusing on the main members.

#35 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio
@jefprice said:

" Great, another Young Avengers. Just what we need.  "

Young Avenger is a total rip off of the Young Justice series/team that predated it.

YJ is a group of teen hero counterparts to the JLA.   YA is a group of teen hero counterparts to the Avengers 

YJ had Red Tornado, a cybernetic ex-JLAer as their mentor. YA had the Vision, a cybernetic ex-Avenger as their mentor 

YJ started off as a boys club and was penetrated by girls looking to join by the 2nd or 3rd issue. YA started off as a boys club and was penetrated by girls looking to join by the 2nd or 3rd issue.

YJ had Arrowette, a teen female archer. YA has Hawkeye, a teen female archer.

YJ had Cassie Sandsmark/Wonder Girl. YA has Cassie Lang/Stature.

am i forgetting anything?
#36 Posted by AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge (1221 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Justice was no match for Teen Titans in the comics (and I understand that members went into the team in the new book and all)....I'm kinda undecided about the whole idea....but the Arrowette pic looks nice.

#37 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry but I have to ask

Will Mighty Endowed be making an appearance? lol
#38 Posted by Crazy Pan (708 posts) - - Show Bio

*foams at the mouth* YAAY! Although she looks like a cross breed of Mia and Cissie...

#39 Posted by superboy12 (255 posts) - - Show Bio

i cant wait for the show! The only thing that's gonna make it better for me is if bart allen, tim drake, superboy, and wonder girl are in it
#40 Posted by crazed_h3ro (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally something Cool on Television LOL XD

#41 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4613 posts) - - Show Bio

ill def. watch it if Lil' Lobo is there...

and ahhh...

id also like to see

Impulse
Conner
Kid Devil
& a Robin(Tim Drake? Damian?)

#42 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8897 posts) - - Show Bio

I will defenitly watch this this.

#43 Posted by Comiclove5 (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, Yes Finally the real Tim Drake in a cartoon not a Jason/Tim combination.

#44 Edited by NightFang (9904 posts) - - Show Bio

This is so awesome.

#45 Posted by grimreaper1980 (619 posts) - - Show Bio

what channel will it be on

#46 Posted by greenenvy (634 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrowette is my only fav because I am fan of green arrow and so a green arrow teen chick will do it for me. so far she is probably the only member I will like. Is this on cartoon network or what?
#47 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2771 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
"OMG!!!
YAYYY.

Wonder Girl (Cassie)  has to have a main role in this show, or so help me god! ..... I will go psycho on their ass. "

I so totally agree with you!
#48 Edited by jefprice (878 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself:  @Mbecks14: I like how you both assume I'm speaking of the comics. Lol  I'm also aware of those facts.

Personally, I didn't care for ether in the comics very much, both felt like cheap "Hey lets make kid versions of the real heroes" to me. However in this case I wrote the wrong thing, I was referring to Next Avengers or whatever it was called, the Marvel Cartoon that came out a few years back, which was ok, but no where nearly as cool as the animation projects that preceded it.  

I know that the sales were awful for Next  Avengers, because at the time I was still in Retail, and the Number one thing we heard was, why are they doing this? we want more of .... 

I know when I was talking today to some people they had the same reaction to this as me, Great another kid thing.  

I say give us Superman/Batman Vol 2 "Supergirl" and do it right, don't give us a watered down 60 min full price DVD. Give us another GLFF Full length  DVD that was done well. Or even something like Kingdom Come, or Long Halloween, All Star, Justice, or any other number of the GOOD DC stories. Heck a Teen Titan follow up even, but do we really need another kid cartoon? Which is what this will most likely be.  (Yes I know this is a TV show)  

Can;t we get another all ages TV Show that at the very least is as good as Batman Beyond or JLA or Batman or Superman? I watch through the whole series of each of these almost every year. 

I'm also one of the people who wants to see more Kevin C Batman, and less Brave and the Bold crap with hippie AM. But that's for another rant Lol  

I would love to see DC and Marvel put out a cartoon that does justice to the books it's based on. But sadly, it seems the best days of DC/WB TV is in my youth, and that this stuff is the wave of tomorrow. 
#49 Posted by pentagram (312 posts) - - Show Bio

i wanna see it

#50 Posted by danhimself (22292 posts) - - Show Bio
@jefprice:  sorry for assuming

I agree...I don't want another kiddie cartoon either...I hated the Teen Titans cartoon and I can't stand the Brave and the Bold...but right now all we have to go by is the image in the OP and just off of that image I can say that I don't believe this is going to be a kiddie cartoon...the style of that picture looks way to adultish for it to be a kiddie cartoon....if this is done half as well as the comic book that it's based on then this is going to be a great cartoon....I really hope it is since Young Justice and the Teen Titans book that followed it are 2 of my all time favorite series.....nice rant

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.