Young Justice Cancelled?

  • 70 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by CFxRenaissance (16 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Vincent92 (261 posts) - - Show Bio

@CFxRenaissance: This looks bad, but if it does get cancelled then it is CN's fault cause it dosen't respect one of its own properties

#3 Posted by jasontodd7 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

If they cancel this they are stupid. Period.

High ratings, good reviews,good storyline..

Only a foold would cancel this. But then again , what type of moves CN is doing lately?

#4 Posted by Black_Claw (3007 posts) - - Show Bio

It pisses me off that they treat young justice like crap but they keep promoting shit like Annoying Orange and Level Up. Especially the latter, why are they still thinking they can pull off live action? If anything they should cancel level up because the ratings for that show are piss poor in every way.

#5 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

WB did not say nothing so I'm not worried yet.

#6 Posted by callmecaptain (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't say that I would be surprised if they did cancel it. Cartoon Network is run by a bunch of shitheads; I mean, Annoying Orange, really CN, really??? I'd be pretty damn upset and angry if they gave Young Justice the axe. It's a great show and it's been getting such good ratings. Hopefully there's nothing to worry about.

#7 Posted by krspaceT (1493 posts) - - Show Bio

@CODYSF said:

WB did not say nothing so I'm not worried yet.

Agreed

#8 Posted by Lvenger (20643 posts) - - Show Bio

@krspaceT said:

@CODYSF said:

WB did not say nothing so I'm not worried yet.

Agreed

Seconded. And they'd be foolish to cancel such a popular show before bringing it to a suitable conclusion. There are loads more stories to tell in the YJ universe which hopefully WB will continue to do.

#9 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

:(

#10 Posted by Lvenger (20643 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Don't worry it hasn't been officially confirmed yet. Until then there's still hope. Though if YJ is cancelled I'll have to find another cartoon series to watch.

#11 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@sethysquare: Don't worry it hasn't been officially confirmed yet. Until then there's still hope. Though if YJ is cancelled I'll have to find another cartoon series to watch.

Im already watching GLTAS. I hope Beware the Batman would help. But I seriously don't care much about new teen titans or teen titans go. That series had its run and should leave peacefully.

Im hoping for a Superman CGI tv series or a Justice league standard animation

#12 Posted by JohnnyGat (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

Just the thought of Young Justice getting cancelled (just the thought I'm chalking this one up to rumor) just after the thing that just happened between Miss Martian and Kaldur makes me crazy man.

#13 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

WHAT! someone will DIE!!!!

#14 Posted by Deranged Midget (17712 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this based off of the series being pushed back until January?

Moderator
#15 Posted by Lvenger (20643 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: No I think it has something to do with one of the voice actors saying production for YJ finished after Season 2 had been recorded. If that's true, I'm gonna be mad.

#16 Posted by laflux (16770 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

Is this based off of the series being pushed back until January?

@Lvenger said:

@Deranged Midget: No I think it has something to do with one of the voice actors saying production for YJ finished after Season 2 had been recorded. If that's true, I'm gonna be mad.

Oh Dear Me :-(

#17 Posted by Deranged Midget (17712 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Ouch, if that's true, I'm betting it's because DC and WB might be planning a new Justice League show to coincide with the film (if one does become fully green-lit that is).

Moderator
#18 Posted by Lvenger (20643 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Another JL cartoon? Nothing comes close to JL and JLU IMO. If they get Bruce Timm or Paul Dini involved, it could be good.

#19 Posted by Deranged Midget (17712 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: It's a possibility that it could be another JL cartoon. Personally, I'd be interested in another Superman solo series considering how big of a year he's scheduled to have next year.

Moderator
#20 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen any new episodes, so I assumed it was cancelled.

#21 Posted by 18batman (36 posts) - - Show Bio

and the fact that we have to see reruns of the crappy dragon show is furiating

#22 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

It's returning in January

#23 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4236 posts) - - Show Bio

@Black_Claw: One of their live action shows was very good. It was called Tower Prep and was written by Paul Dini

#24 Posted by BlackWind (6747 posts) - - Show Bio

If this gets cancelled, I blame Cartoon Network.

#25 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't be surprised if it was because good cartoons get canceled all the time (e.g., Wolverine & the X-Men, Sym-Bionic Titan, Avengers: EMH) but I won't be worried until WB confirms it. Worrying does no good anyway, we're already giving the ratings. If they pulled the toys and therefore aren't getting the crucial-for-cartoons toy revenue that's their own damn faults.

#26 Posted by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

just because they wrapped the season doesn't mean they canceled the show, they could just be writing out impulse for all we know

#27 Posted by Lvenger (20643 posts) - - Show Bio

@queenfrost_ said:

It's returning in January

For a 3rd season or for continuing episodes of Season 2?

#28 Posted by Freddy_F_Freeman (47 posts) - - Show Bio

season 2 returns in january as of now (hopefully the petition changes that...hopefully) and no word on a season 3 but i really dont see any reason to cancel the show, if they did they would pretty much have to cancel DC nation

#29 Posted by CFxRenaissance (16 posts) - - Show Bio

I've heard that the possible cancellation is due to legal issues surround Static Shock's character in the show. I'll try and find a source.

#30 Posted by donaghey (23 posts) - - Show Bio

what has happened to CN over the past few years? i remember when they had good shows, they defended them and kept them going strong, now they just look for £/$

what shows are out there worth watching if it does go? :(

#31 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33879 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lvenger said:

@krspaceT said:

@CODYSF said:

WB did not say nothing so I'm not worried yet.

Agreed

Seconded. And they'd be foolish to cancel such a popular show before bringing it to a suitable conclusion. There are loads more stories to tell in the YJ universe which hopefully WB will continue to do.

It's like The Avengers EMH all over again 
#32 Posted by Lvenger (20643 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Lvenger said:

@krspaceT said:

@CODYSF said:

WB did not say nothing so I'm not worried yet.

Agreed

Seconded. And they'd be foolish to cancel such a popular show before bringing it to a suitable conclusion. There are loads more stories to tell in the YJ universe which hopefully WB will continue to do.

It's like The Avengers EMH all over again

It better not be.

#33 Edited by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@CODYSF said:

WB did not say nothing so I'm not worried yet.

Yeah CN are a bunch of stupid a**holes, but WB aren't they know when a good thing is good :D

@Lvenger said:

@sethysquare: Don't worry it hasn't been officially confirmed yet. Until then there's still hope. Though if YJ is cancelled I'll have to find another cartoon series to watch.

Arrow will help me as replacement for now, isn't animated, but the hell with that, he's just too badass

#34 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Lvenger said:

@krspaceT said:

@CODYSF said:

WB did not say nothing so I'm not worried yet.

Agreed

Seconded. And they'd be foolish to cancel such a popular show before bringing it to a suitable conclusion. There are loads more stories to tell in the YJ universe which hopefully WB will continue to do.

It's like The Avengers EMH all over again

This, Except this isn't being cancelled because the show isn't getting ratings.

#35 Posted by YoungJustice (6876 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

@Black_Claw: One of their live action shows was very good. It was called Tower Prep and was written by Paul Dini

That show was awesome.

It could be fairly called the best live action show in The Trio (Nick, Disney, CN)

#36 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4236 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice said:

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

@Black_Claw: One of their live action shows was very good. It was called Tower Prep and was written by Paul Dini

That show was awesome.

It could be fairly called the best live action show in The Trio (Nick, Disney, CN)

I agree it was awesome

#37 Posted by ArtGamer (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

@Black_Claw: @callmecaptain: wait, i didn't see a lot of TV nowadays , but annoying orange has a TV show? that's bad, omg CN has fallen under...

#38 Posted by X9 (763 posts) - - Show Bio

What I know so far is that YJ will return in January, but its production has already stopped, so NO third season.

#39 Posted by gerrylum (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9 said:

What I know so far is that YJ will return in January, but its production has already stopped, so NO third season.

It's a bit early to start production on a third season so that doesn't mean anything. All we know is that the second season has wrapped up production and we still are only halfway through the season in terms of episodes aired. Personally, I would be surprised if YJ DIDN'T get green lighted for a third season, but I bet there won't be any word on that until January or February of 2013 if not later.

#40 Posted by Mojo65 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

@gerrylum said:

@X9 said:

What I know so far is that YJ will return in January, but its production has already stopped, so NO third season.

It's a bit early to start production on a third season so that doesn't mean anything. All we know is that the second season has wrapped up production and we still are only halfway through the season in terms of episodes aired. Personally, I would be surprised if YJ DIDN'T get green lighted for a third season, but I bet there won't be any word on that until January or February of 2013 if not later.

This pretty much, just wait it out and chill, we won't know what happens till after it happens.

#41 Posted by vernierhawk001 (539 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9 said:

What I know so far is that YJ will return in January, but its production has already stopped, so NO third season.

Well....have they said YJ will come back? Or just DC Nation 0_0. They are planning to release all those new shows (batman and Titans) next year

#42 Posted by X9 (763 posts) - - Show Bio

@vernierhawk001 said:

@X9 said:

What I know so far is that YJ will return in January, but its production has already stopped, so NO third season.

Well....have they said YJ will come back? Or just DC Nation 0_0. They are planning to release all those new shows (batman and Titans) next year

It'll be back, but all indicates that a third season won't happen.

#43 Edited by haydenclaireheroes (9172 posts) - - Show Bio

Most tv networks care about their 18-24 ratings. if any show would give them that rating it would be Young justice. Cartoon Network should try to be more diverse with their ages. So, it be very stupid to cancel Young justice. It is one of their most popular shows

#44 Posted by vernierhawk001 (539 posts) - - Show Bio

@haydenclaireheroes: Agree completely

#45 Posted by tahmidk (283 posts) - - Show Bio

if young justice is cancelled, i hope they can finally finish superman the animated series. or just not cancel young justice...

#46 Edited by MisterKetch (253 posts) - - Show Bio

My cable provider is still listing Young Justice as airing today (currently as I type this)

ep 211 "Cornered" The team end up in a cage match against an alien gladiator.

On the one hand this seems to help the DC/WB/CN legal theory since CN obviously submitted its programming block quite awhile in advance (at least by an extra week or two) which coupled with how last minute the episode was pulled makes it look like events were taken out of CN's hands. Would they pull the show based on the WB or DC demanding it?

Legally I think they might be obligated to but on the other hand Im sure whatever contracts CN has with WB for the DC Nation block allow CN a degree of control over the programming since there the ones that suffer from ad revenue complaints (aka hasbro going wtf bro we paid premium ad time for a new episode of one thing).

However the article posted by @CFxRenaissance: also mentions the toy line being cancelled and even worse off the shelves. That is news to me and very very very bad. Cartoons, especially ones like these are created to sell toys. Ad revenue is great but the money made off of these is what keeps a show around. If we really like the show great, but DC wants the money from toy sales if we enjoy it that's just icing on the cake for them.

The ratings from what I've heard are phenomenal but its TV, and if the demographics aren't right then who knows. GL is done up in a more child like CGI with a simpler plot and easier to understand story lines (from a young kids perspective) that might be hitting the demographics CN/WB wants, I also point to the TT GO shorts (I love em because I loved TT's cartoon) also looks like it would appeal to a younger demographic, and the batman one looks like its going to be in the same cgi (which i personally hate the look of) as GL so to me YJ is the odd man out.

Best hopes?

1.) Season 2 was where the writers planned for it to end so maybe no cliffhanger in the final episode they then release the dvd's even if its cancelled, likely since its done and there ratings prove people do watch it even if its not the "right" people. This way we'll eventually be able to see it.

2.) Gets switched to toonami where theoretically the ratings would actually grow with the show's correct demographic. The detailed storylines and darker themes don't lend itself to a Saturday morning cartoon.

The worst thing I can think of about this being cancelled though is the cliffhanger they ended it on. The bad guys won. If this is the last episode aired on tv then all the kids who watched it (and weren't able to torrent the leaked episode or buy the dvds if/when they come out) will have in there head the good guy's base being destroyed with several heroes being captured. As someone who believes the tv we watch as kids can affect the adults we become that makes me really sad.

#47 Posted by cattlebattle (12962 posts) - - Show Bio
@MisterKetch said:

The worst thing I can think of about this being cancelled though is the cliffhanger they ended it on. The bad guys won. If this is the last episode aired on tv then all the kids who watched it (and weren't able to torrent the leaked episode or buy the dvds if/when they come out) will have in there head the good guy's base being destroyed with several heroes being captured. As someone who believes the tv we watch as kids can affect the adults we become that makes me really sad.

The episodes for season 2 are all finished. Even if the series does get canceled, "Darkest" was not the final episode.
#48 Posted by MisterKetch (253 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: Im aware of that as I mention it in my post. The issue is they might not get aired at this rate.

#49 Posted by cattlebattle (12962 posts) - - Show Bio
@MisterKetch said:

@cattlebattle: Im aware of that as I mention it in my post. The issue is they might not get aired at this rate.

I am pretty sure people will be able to watch it though, through the internet or however.......kids aren't internet illiterate. They will air in January anyways.
#50 Posted by MisterKetch (253 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@MisterKetch said:

@cattlebattle: Im aware of that as I mention it in my post. The issue is they might not get aired at this rate.

I am pretty sure people will be able to watch it though, through the internet or however.......kids aren't internet illiterate. They will air in January anyways.

That's true, but not all kids get internet, and while Im sure a number can torrent or has older siblings to do it for them there are plenty of kids who don't and might not be able to watch it if it doesn't air because that is not confirmed yet, CN's original tweet only said DC nation is coming back in January nothing specific to YJ.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.