Follow

Young Justice

Team » Young Justice appears in 269 issues.

Young Justice started as another legacy team consisting of a generation of sidekicks younger than the original Teen Titans lineup. Like the Teen Titans, they would eventually increase membership beyond sidekicks and make a name for themselves beyond their mentors.

Young Justice Canceled

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SUNMAN
    The Team circa season 2
    The Team circa season 2
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

well the writings been on the wall for a while. I don't know the specifics but the show has not been renewed for a third season. And if it had we would have heard it by now.

Maybe it was all the hiatuses or simply poor toy sales (Toy deals are the banes of a lot of cartoons), but regardless looks like this shows axed. So enjoy this season looks like its all we are going to get

sources:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/01/28/dc-nation-gets-a-shakeup-in-new-cartoon-network-schedules-young-justice-and-green-lantern-nixed/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/120250-green-lantern-the-animated-series-young-justice-canceled.html

Thoughts?

At this point I'm not sure if there is anything that can be done to save it. Maybe some massive fan outcry and petitions, but it would have to be a lot and I mean a lot to even hope of getting the networks attention in a meaningful way.

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By MrShway88

Figures, nothing good last for long.

Manhunter2070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Manhunter2070

I think the poor toy sales has more impact then people realise. Still, I'm hoping there is still a chance for it to come back. 

I guess its possible it could go to another network, but I'm not sure what other cartoon stations WB owns, or if they would even allow it.  Maybe they could re brand it as a Justice League cartoon and keep the same universe going.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SUNMAN

more info from the World's Finest website:

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/2013/01/28/cartoon-network-2013-2014-upfronts-press-release-lists-new-and-returning-network-shows/

Cartoon Network has issued a press release overview of the network’s 2013-2014 upfront presentation, citing new programming initiatives and returning titles. The release below confirms a Summer 2013 debut for the new CGI-animated series Beware the Batman and an April 2013 debut for the new Teen Titans GO! comedy cartoon series, both additions to the weekly DC Nation programming block which airs Saturdays at 10:00am (ET/PT) on Cartoon Network. Additionally listed, current DC Nation titles Young Justice: Invasion and Green Lantern: The Animated Series are both absent from the “returning shows” list featured in the press release. Please note no production information or confirmation on status from the network on either series has been released.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

Maybe ratings and toy sales would improve if CN would stop pulling the damn show, its been on the air for three years now and we haven't finished season 2 yet

JSAVen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JSAVen

the name of the game is MONEY, toy line didn´t sale well, end of story.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SUNMAN

@JSAVen said:

the name of the game is MONEY, toy line didn´t sale well, end of story.

I don't know why shows make these toy deals. Yeah it helps cover expenses. But Static didn't have a toy deal and gave us 4 seasons, and brought in Wrestling type ratings. But your right end of the day this is a business and thats how the system goes

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Inverno

I KNEW THAT WOULD HAPPEN!! I JUST KNEW IT!!!

Though I don't really watch Young Justice that much, I really really love the Green Lantern cartoon. But I knew it would get cancelled very soon.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By colonyofcells

It was abvious from the many unexpected breaks in the airings which surprised even the creators of the show.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SmashBrawler

@CaioTrubat said:

I KNEW THAT WOULD HAPPEN!! I JUST KNEW IT!!!

Though I don't really watch Young Justice that much, I really really love the Green Lantern cartoon. But I knew it would get cancelled very soon.

Oh man, I thought I was the only person who preferred GLTAS to Young Justice.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.