Young Justice animated series

Posted by roxamilli (184 posts) - - Show Bio
  •   
  • New Series!
    Since hearing news of the Young Justice animated series in February, I've been waiting for to see viewers reaction to a new series, both people who know of the comic-book series, and people who don't know about it. This show really has the potential to have as much success as Teen Titans, Justice League, or even any of the Batman cartoons. It's good to know that DC is catching back up with Marvel when it comes to cartoon series, since DC's last effort was The Batman, while Marvel currently has Iron Man, Fantastic Four, and X-men. This series should be pretty cool though. 

• The main character line-up so far is:
  • Robin( of course)
  • Superboy (wearing cargo pants!)
  • Kid Flash(no, sadly not Impulse)
  • Artemis( instead of Arrowette, apparently)
  • Miss Martian( ? that's different, but interesting)
  • Aqualad( ??? that's very different, i don't think that's Garth)
  • It's nice to see that they are sticking with the three original characters from the group, but it's also cool to see a variation in the rest of the characters. Robin's still short like on Teen Titans, but he's probably Tim Drake or people would get the show confused with Teen Titans. Miss Martian is supposedly replacing Wondergirl due to some legal issues relating to any of the "Wonder" characters. I'm going to assume that's Bart Allen since he's currently Kid Flash in canon anyway, and that's probably Cissie but in a different costume as well. The only character i'm not sure about is Aqualad, I hope this is a completely new character, and not just turning Garth into the token african-american character. That would be weird enough, but to make it weirder he has blonde hair.

Well, I can't wait to watch the first episode to see how this all turns out. Especially, y'know: the blonde Aqualad and the non-Arrowette archer character.

•  
    see more info here:   

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/04/21/young-justice-animated-series-officially-announced/

#1 Posted by AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge (1221 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like an interesting idea, but something tells me that they will clash with older Titans...

#2 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge said:
" Seems like an interesting idea, but something tells me that they will clash with older Titans... "
that would make for some good episodes also if their mentore where in a few of the episodes but not enough to take the focus away
#3 Posted by rein (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

Wg Should Replace arrowette Other then that i like the line up.

#4 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@rein:  they mentioned some legal junk that isn't allowing WG or any of the other characters with strong ties to Wonder Woman thats why they have Miss Martian.
#5 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have liked to see Wonder Girl and Secret. :(

#6 Posted by rein (1330 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK: Yeah, It's just a matter of personal preference i Wasn't really taking Legality into the matter.
#7 Posted by roxamilli (184 posts) - - Show Bio
@rein:
Personal prefernece aside, i would still like to see Wonder Girl too.
#8 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@rein:  while for personal preferance i think they should change arrowette's costume and keep her original name instead of artimis, get rid of Miss Martian, i like her but this is supposed to be Yong Justice not the teen titans and have WG instead.
#9 Posted by rein (1330 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK: MM was on the young justice team (i also associate her more with YJ then The TT). But Why Is it that they changed arrowette's name? another legal issue?
#10 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34404 posts) - - Show Bio
@rein said:
" But Why Is it that they changed arrowette's name? another legal issue? "
I wouldn't know DC's reasons, but I think Artemis is just plain and simple a much better name than "Arrowette".
#11 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@rein:  I read all of YJ and i never saw MM on the team, as for changing arrowette's name i haven't got a clue but artimis was the god of hunting a sister of apollo and use a bow and arrow so thats where they got the name but i think it was stupid to change her name.
#12 Posted by rein (1330 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK: I swear i remember Seeing MM in young justice.
#13 Edited by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@rein:  that might of been secret, MM was created in 2006 by Geoff Johns and first appeared in teen titans #37 but only in one panel
#14 Posted by Raia (59 posts) - - Show Bio

i could do without wondergirl, im lovin seeing superboy put into animation i think this will b the 1st time seeing him in animated form, im sure its a first for some others but superboy was always a bigger character that should've been on tv a loooonnnggg time ago
#15 Posted by TimDrakeRedRobin (357 posts) - - Show Bio

thats deffinatly tim as robin! FINALLY no more stupid dick greyson wearing tims first suit and using tims staff crap. seeing as tim was the leader of young justice and is wearing his red costume. it looks good =) im excited to see it
#16 Posted by Tim_Drake4444 (1064 posts) - - Show Bio
@TimDrakeRedRobin said:

"thats deffinatly tim as robin! FINALLY no more stupid dick greyson wearing tims first suit and using tims staff crap. seeing as tim was the leader of young justice and is wearing his red costume. it looks good =) im excited to see it "

Sorry man we got screwed again, it's Dick. 

http://www.ugo.com/tv/comic-con-2010-young-justice    
#17 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter David will be writing a few episodes of the series! His first episode? The introduction of Secret

#18 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio

This actually takes place in the DC Multiverse cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.