'Young Justice' And 'Green Lantern: The Animated Series' Delayed Till 2013

• 147 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Fans of DC Nation on Cartoon Network expecting to see new episodes of shows like Young Justice, Green Lantern: The Animated Series as well as DC Nation shorts starring characters like Amethyst will have to wait longer than they originally anticipated. Although new episodes were originally slated to return on the network October 13th, 2013; it seems they have been pushed back to January of next year. The question is, why?

The first question that comes to mind is whether or not production on these episodes have been completed. The fact that new episodes of both Young Justice and Green lantern were pushed to both iTunes and Amazon before quickly being pulled off both sites is indicative that they are, in fact, completed. So why the delay? Are these shows not popular enough? Is DC animation planning on ending these series?

== TEASER ==

If you've been a fan of the Young Justice animated cartoon from the start you may have noticed the sporadic release of new episodes all along, so the fact that there wasn't any new programming as previously indicated by Cartoon Network wasn't altogether that surprising. In fact, this isn't the first time that Young Justice fans have gone several months without a new episode mid-season. Some fans question whether the decision to pull the new programming is due to the appearance of characters like Stephanie Brown who aren't presently in the comics, however that reasoning seems unlikely since there are several characters that appear on the television show that aren't currently in the comics (Miss Martian is a great example, and Tim Drake as Robin is another). The decision to push back the release of these new episodes to January 2013 might have more to do with the release of two upcoming animated cartoons that will be added to the DC Nation block: Teen Titans Go! and Beware The Batman. Perhaps Cartoon Network wants to coincide the release of new Young Justice and Green Lantern episodes with the launch of their two new cartoon series.

Whatever the case may be as to why the release of these shows has been pushed back remains to be seen. What we do know is that producers of the respective shows as well as fans of the cartoons aren't too happy. What do you think is the reason why the new episodes were pushed to January, 2013? Are you disappointed that we will have to wait so long for the new season? Are you looking forward to

Source: Newsarama

#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34025 posts) - - Show Bio

I blame all the pepole that wanted Teen Titans back, that show was crap.

#2 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3954 posts) - - Show Bio

First ThunderCats, now this?! Well that Grinds MY Gears!!!

#3 Posted by k4tzm4n (49892 posts) - - Show Bio

Some people were speculating it's because of TMNT's success, but that wouldn't make any sense seeing as it starts when DC Nation ends (11am).  

Regardless, I was really enjoying s2 of Green Lantern so this seemingly random delay is lame.  You can't give us Ch'p and then take him away from us!  It's inhumane!  
Staff
#4 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

I admit i wasn't a fan of Green Lantern at first, but i got used to it and towards the end it got decent.

then in season 2 they kicked off with guy gardner and the anti monitor and so far season 2 has been GREAT! i would hate for it to get cancelled right when it was getting good..and ive only seen a cpuple episodes of Young Justice and that is a good show too! Im guessing because children today on saturdays wake up and play xbox live and stuff they arent interested in cartoons. cartoons are dying these days. I remember waking up as a kid every morning to see batman tas, detention, yugioh, superman tas. the good ol days...now days games are the onlly thing that is important. annd if kids are interested in watching cartoons theyll go on the internet and just stream the episode later. sad..but its the truth. television all together is dying.

#5 Posted by Deranged Midget (17740 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Yeah, that doesn't exactly make sense either considering Young Justice is arguably their most popular property right now.

#6 Posted by ballisticbread (35 posts) - - Show Bio

well this sucks, unfortunately i think the fans are used to this by now.

#7 Posted by keithmoon316 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern and Young Justice have been a nice Saturday morning watch for my wife and I last season. We really enjoyed the first two episodes of this season, and it is disappointing that they have pushed back the season with no real clarification as to why. It seems a move like this will only hurt the ratings for the shows? Will this affect the Green Lantern Animated comic?

#8 Posted by Herx (374 posts) - - Show Bio

YAAAAAAARG! Again! seriously why? It's just very annoying. :(

#9 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3954 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sooo frustrated right know, I need somebody to represent my rage. I mean, it's like somebody stole your Dragonball...

#10 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13473 posts) - - Show Bio

Son Of A Whore!!!!!!!!!

#11 Posted by Billy Batson (58209 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

I blame all the pepole that wanted Teen Titans back, that show was crap.

Pffft “ヽ(´▽`)ノ”
BB

#12 Posted by thveej (203 posts) - - Show Bio

I would pay good money for Young Justice.... just sayin

#13 Posted by MisterKetch (253 posts) - - Show Bio

What I find confusing is that it was so sudden, my cable provider had the episode and summary listed on that time slot so I was quite confused when it wasn't on not to mention it was clearly advertised to be new as recent as the day before. I think the milestone comics theory is the most likely case because it seems like DC had to pull the emergency brakes on this show why they also pushed back lantern is a surprise to me if that's the case though.

If it is because of legal issues the tentative January return is not definite but probably WB's hopes that a legal settlement can be reached by then otherwise if/when this does come back it will suddenly be without Icon and Rocket with there wedding subplot vanishing.

#14 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

@keithmoon316 said:

Green Lantern and Young Justice have been a nice Saturday morning watch for my wife and I last season. We really enjoyed the first two episodes of this season, and it is disappointing that they have pushed back the season with no real clarification as to why. It seems a move like this will only hurt the ratings for the shows? Will this affect the Green Lantern Animated comic?

I hope that the steam lantern becomes popular enough for a comic appearnce in the DCnU lol

#15 Posted by The Stegman (25171 posts) - - Show Bio
Words cannot express how upset I am right now... Okay, some words can, but they're too vulgar.
#16 Posted by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it funny that the creators would still believe there are any fans of Young Justice anymore... That show has been on hiatus, 4 times now... I think!!!

#17 Posted by wisesonAC (162 posts) - - Show Bio

one of the best animated DC shows. top 3 for me. its sad to see a great show plagued with sparatic hiatus like this one is.

#18 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

I find it funny that the creators would still believe there are any fans of Young Justice anymore... That show has been on hiatus, 4 times now... I think!!!

Well if YJ didn't have any fans, then you wouldn't see people tuning back in every time it appears back on our screens.

#19 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@thveej: You can get it on itunes

#20 Posted by tahmidk (283 posts) - - Show Bio

just when Green Lantern overtook Young Justice in terms of my interest as well....steph, sinestro and larfleeze....abd now i must wait....im going to kill someone....preferebly the CN employee responsible for this, and dan didio just cause

#21 Posted by Aeroman (508 posts) - - Show Bio

the episodes have been leaked online

#22 Posted by CitizenJP (605 posts) - - Show Bio

D:

#23 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

God this totally sucks, this is the 3rd episode gap in young justice, it's one of the best shows on at the moment this should not be happening, really hope it doesn't go the way of Wolverine and the X-men or spectacular spidey, and just when Static was about to appear, really seems CN have a problem with him, still think it sucks that they cancelled his show especially when it was really only beginning with both him and Gear getting power boosts, well that's my rant over.

@MisterKetch: yo whats the Milestone Theory, haven't heard anything about that before

@The Stegman said:

Words cannot express how upset I am right now... Okay, some words can, but they're too vulgar.

same here dude

#24 Posted by JV (66 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoy watcing GL with my son on Saturday and I hope it does not effect the Comic as we read this together as well.

#25 Posted by Comiclove5 (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

This suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks!!!

#26 Posted by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

@Backflip said:

@papad1992 said:

Well if YJ didn't have any fans, then you wouldn't see people tuning back in every time it appears back on our screens.

I was merely trying to say that the creators put a lot of trust in us, hoping we'd comeback after months (on multiple times) and still loyal viewers. This is the fourth time its been on hiatus now... a little excessive for a successful show if you ask me!!

#27 Edited by Teerack (7170 posts) - - Show Bio

This is so moded.
#28 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Some people were speculating it's because of TMNT's success, but that wouldn't make any sense seeing as it starts when DC Nation ends (11am).
Regardless, I was really enjoying s2 of Green Lantern so this seemingly random delay is lame. You can't give us Ch'p and then take him away from us! It's inhumane!

I agree the last 3 episodes of Green Lantern have been better than all of season 1!

with the introduction of Antimonitor, manuhunters, the multiverse, Ch'p, Chaseleon, Guy Gardner and mention of Alan Scott had me setting my alarm to 7 in the morning, just so i could watch before going to work!

i just can't believe i have to wait till 2013 to see whats going to happen next!

#29 Posted by DoN`t_KrAnQ_jUsT_PsYcHoO (315 posts) - - Show Bio

please don´t do this to me .... hellooo i mean who needs teen titans go if you can get young justice? cause young justice is quite more serious than teen titans and it has more height than the new one .... a small example is even the ART ...... because i think the new teen titans is not well done and i don´t want to start at beware the batman ....... please please PLEASE CARTOON NETWORK DON´T DO THIS TO USSSS !!!!!!!!!

#30 Edited by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by TitanTempest (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: I loved the Teen Titans Show, but this isnt even going to be in the same continuity. Same characters and voices but it will be totally different. I dont like that : [

#32 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15068 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by TitanTempest (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: Hehehehe, "Like"

#34 Edited by ArtisticNeedham (2284 posts) - - Show Bio

Why? GRR! I guess I can wait, as long as the shows are not getting canceled.

The suddenness does confuse me. I have a recording on my DVR that says Young Justice but is actually How to Train Your Dragons. Haven't checked the Green Lantern yet. But it was so sudden the network didn't change the program listings so the DVR reordered what it thought was Young Justice.

#35 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

Cartoon Network is exploiting the "Young Justice" fan base to draw viewers to their new programming. This is new for them.

#36 Posted by RedHood1110 (42 posts) - - Show Bio

YJ is sorta like the Firefly of Cartoon Network. There's a diehard fanbase who are sick of seeing the network kick the hell out of the show and then act surprised when viewers speak up in its defense.

#37 Posted by 18batman (36 posts) - - Show Bio

leave it to cartoon network to make a stupidass decision like that and now we have to put up with the crappy dragon show

#38 Posted by danhimself (22651 posts) - - Show Bio

Cartoon Network has stated that it's because of their 20th Anniversary plans....the whole Milestone speculation was because of some off the cuff comment that Lobdell made at the Vegas Comic Con about not being able to use Static in Teen Titans because of legal issues which many speculate was an over statement and that he really meant that he wasn't allowed to use him because of other plans for the character...either way there has been no other mention of any legal issues involving the Milestone characters and the fact remains that they've been pushing the fact that Static would be appearing on the show by putting him in the trailers so if there were any kind of legal issues then you would think that they would have known about them way before saturday morning when the episodes were to air and would have contacted iTunes and Amazon and told them not to release the episodes...the sporadic nature of the pull leads me to believe that it was a last minute decision on Cartoon Networks part and not because of the legal issue conspiracy theory

#39 Posted by danhimself (22651 posts) - - Show Bio

also just want to point out that producers on both shows had no idea about the pull until Saturday morning so this was definitely something on Cartoon Network's side

#40 Posted by Freddy_F_Freeman (47 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah it wasnt about rights to characters most likely, just CN being jerks. i really hope this show doesnt get the spectacular spidey treatment

#41 Posted by GBrutality (194 posts) - - Show Bio

i read somewhere that it has to do with the fact that some DC characters that are in the show got purchased or something of the like by another company (like Icon and Rocket) and they didn't want to have to pay that company or something? i don't know, i just hate that this channel treats their fans like utter shit.

#42 Posted by judasnixon (6710 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard that the DC block was getting replaced by Storage Wars the Animated Series!

#43 Posted by Darth Paul (273 posts) - - Show Bio
@MisterKetch: Yeah, that's what happened with me too, since I set my dvr to record these shows and then watch them later. Everything was listed as being new episodes for both of them, but when I went to watch the recordings it was that "Dreamworks Dragons" show instead which I have no interest in whatsoever. Well, at least now I know what the reason behind the change was.
#44 Posted by sora_thekey (8180 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool! Gives me enough time to catch up... cause I've only watched 3 episodes of YJ.

#45 Edited by Spideycap (212 posts) - - Show Bio

Very disappointed.... Hope they at least have a decent reason.

#46 Posted by beveri8469 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

man imo, CN died along time ago.

it seems they dont know how to run the network. back in the day, it was awesome. and im very dissapointed bout both shows being on hiatus til jan. YJ is freaking great and enjoy watching on sat or anyday for that matter. GL was awesome too and loved the direction they were taking the show.

#47 Posted by ScreamingGhost (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucy = CN Scheduling

#48 Posted by Blackmoonrose13 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the young justice thing and everything. But they do this so often I have no idea what cartoon network is thinking.

I think Cartoon network is making big mistakes and everything. The network has been going down latley they get some good shows and then this come I have hope and they treat it badly. Sad world we live in

#49 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

D: This is soooo bad I'm really upset, I have waited so much for this!!!

@papad1992 said:

I got on the show after first hiatus, so with this I've been through three, still is worth it.@Aeroman said:

the episodes have been leaked online

Really? How many?

#50 Posted by Novemberx2 (465 posts) - - Show Bio

saw the latest episode on iTunes... mega disappointed that its the Reach trying to invade earth instead of Darkseid :(

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.