Young Justice Alpha Male

• 54 results
#1 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

While this episode was not as good as last week episode imo, it was still pretty good. 

The Young Justice team turned on their leader Aqualad when it was revealed that he knew there was a mole all along. It was fun seeing Captain Marvelous in this episode. It was his advice (inspired by Batman) that encourages Aqualad to take charge and complete his mission and eventually regaining the teams respect. Brain and Monsieur Mallah, provided a good enough challenge for the team and  they reminded me why i liked them on Teen Titans

All in all it was a fun episode and I cant wait for the next episode featuring the Injustice League.

#2 Posted by danhimself (22318 posts) - - Show Bio

Rob Lowe as Captain Marvel was brilliant!!!

#3 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:

Rob Lowe as Captain Marvel was brilliant!!!

I agree
#4 Posted by MrMazz (1159 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: OMG your right I thought he sounded familiar

Now that we have Superboy and MM together I have the sinking feeling we won't get any character developement for the rest of the team maybe artemis. Still solid anything that starts off with a gorilla using a minigun to murder 3 people is good in my book.

#5 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

''You Damn dirty ape!''

#6 Posted by Overkill (404 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a good episode and all but aren't Superboy supposed to be, I don't know, super strong and nigh invulnerable? I don't understand how bunch of wolves could give him a hard time.

#7 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

Aqualad and Captain Marvel made this epic.

everyone else made it good at best.

Superboy made this Terrible.

Overall grade= 7/10

#8 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor said:

Aqualad and Captain Marvel made this epic.

everyone else made it good at best.

Superboy made this Terrible.

Overall grade= 7/10

No. Wolf made this episode epic. Megan needs to die in a fire.
#9 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Overkill said:

It was a good episode and all but aren't Superboy supposed to be, I don't know, super strong and nigh invulnerable? I don't understand how bunch of wolves could give him a hard time.

I wondered that too.
#10 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar:

I didn't really like wolf the whole superboy trained him to stand menecingly next to him in 20 minutes thing really took me out of the episode wolf is one of the reasons i gave superboy a low grade. that plus the name wolf is incredibly generic. But we agree about the Martian

#11 Posted by SurelockeHomes (2195 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought this was great for an episode, although I must admit I was more focused on Captain Marvel than the team. I wanted to see how they would interact, since he's actually younger than they are. Honestly, I didn't really like the brain in Teen Titans, so I was dreading his appearance here, until 

1. I found out he was French

2. They were actually more likable here.

Loved the Captain bit at the end, although I wondered how he would change once he was inside. 

#12 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel at the end was hilarious when he reverted back to Billy...that made me laugh to no end.

I wonder if the Young Justice team knew if he was really a kid lol

#13 Posted by Kairan1979 (16712 posts) - - Show Bio

I expected more from Robin. With Batman's training he could figure out why Aqualad kept it in secret from the team.

#14 Posted by ComicStooge (12075 posts) - - Show Bio

Robin nearly soiled himself when Batman said: "I never joke about the mission." XD 

Also, did anyone else notice Robin and Artemis had eachother's backs through a lot of that episode?
#15 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicStooge said:

Robin nearly soiled himself when Batman said: "I never joke about the mission." XD Also, did anyone else notice Robin and Artemis had eachother's backs through a lot of that episode?

They've had it since last episode. I think (I hope) I'm seeing a romance starting! =)

#16 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@ComicStooge said:

Robin nearly soiled himself when Batman said: "I never joke about the mission." XD Also, did anyone else notice Robin and Artemis had eachother's backs through a lot of that episode?

They've had it since last episode. I think (I hope) I'm seeing a romance starting! =)

I see to too. There is definitely some chemistry growing between them. I'd prefer Robin + Artemis than KF + Artemis
#17 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@soccersss said:

@ReVamp said:

@ComicStooge said:

I see to too. There is definitely some chemistry growing between them. I'd prefer Robin + Artemis than KF + Artemis

Yeah, so do I, they have so much more Chemistry o.O.

#18 Posted by cattlebattle (12602 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
@Overkill said:

I wondered that too.
the wolves were enhanced by the Kobra Venom, if Mammoth could fight Superboy evenly, its not hard to imagine a pack of wolves could too.
#19 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

@xhavoc86 said:

Captain Marvel at the end was hilarious when he reverted back to Billy...that made me laugh to no end.

I wonder if the Young Justice team knew if he was really a kid lol

Don't think they did. After all with Wally's refusal to believe in magic he would have at least brought it up.

#20 Posted by teamextrodinary15 (2218 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one that doesnt like Superboy and M'gann to be together? 

I wanted him and Wondergirl (if she will be on the show) to be together!....... 

Unless Wondergirl is going to be Donna Troy... o_0

#21 Posted by The Stegman (23242 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked the episode but i was so pissed on how the team treated Aqualad for keeping the mole a secret, obviously if he told them, he would also run the risk of alerting the mole as well, really they acted like a bunch of immature kids holding a grudge, he did the smart thing, i'm especially disappointed in Robin for not understanding, considering who his mentor is, and all the secrets HE keeps

#22 Posted by cattlebattle (12602 posts) - - Show Bio
@teamextrodinary15 said:
Am I the only one that doesnt like Superboy and M'gann to be together?  I wanted him and Wondergirl (if she will be on the show) to be together!.......  Unless Wondergirl is going to be Donna Troy... o_0
It's decent for now, They couldn't use Wonder Girl originally due to rights.......They are allowed to now and fully intend to use her, there is a teaser fro season 2 which has a character that could very possibly be her....and I believe it is supposed to be Donna Troy
#23 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Romantic relationship between him and Wolf? It'd be less creepy than him and M'gann.

"I love you Superboy... but in the field would you act less like a roid-raged abusive boyfriend?"
"I'm sorry baby I'll give you more space next time,"

#24 Posted by teamextrodinary15 (2218 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle
Cool do you know where I can see this teaser from season 2?
#25 Posted by cattlebattle (12602 posts) - - Show Bio
@teamextrodinary15 said:
@cattlebattle: Cool do you know where I can see this teaser from season 2?
possibly her on the left

#26 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
@teamextrodinary15 said:
possibly her on the left

Sweet. its about time Wonder girl joins the team. i see an archer so that means Artemis doesnt die which is good news
#27 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
i liked the episode but i was so pissed on how the team treated Aqualad for keeping the mole a secret, obviously if he told them, he would also run the risk of alerting the mole as well, really they acted like a bunch of immature kids holding a grudge, he did the smart thing, i'm especially disappointed in Robin for not understanding, considering who his mentor is, and all the secrets HE keeps
IKR. Robin wouldn't even tell his teammates his secret identity and he treats aqualad like crap for not telling them about a potential mole. I'd loved it if bats called him out on that earlier on in the cave
#28 Posted by cattlebattle (12602 posts) - - Show Bio
@soccersss: Judging by the short hair the archer has, I would be inclined to think thats Red Arrow
#29 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
@Primmaster64 said:
@Overkill said:

I wondered that too.
the wolves were enhanced by the Kobra Venom, if Mammoth could fight Superboy evenly, its not hard to imagine a pack of wolves could too.
Man...Superboy is really weak in this series.
#30 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
@teamextrodinary15 said:
possibly her on the left

Wait...Where's Superboy?
#31 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
@soccersss: Judging by the short hair the archer has, I would be inclined to think thats Red Arrow
 I think its him too. I'm just trying to convince myself Artemis doesnt get killed off which btw you're not helping. :P
#32 Posted by SurelockeHomes (2195 posts) - - Show Bio
@soccersss
Relax, they'd never kill off Artemis. At the very most the team finds out about her relation and think she may be the mole for a while, or they may say, "Don't worry. We don't blame you for what your family does."
#33 Posted by XLR87T3 (2393 posts) - - Show Bio

How many people would like Captain Marvel Jr. in Young Justice? I know I would:)

#34 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio
@SurelockeHomes
 I hope you're right
#35 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio
@XLR87T3 said:

How many people would like Captain Marvel Jr. in Young Justice? I know I would:)

Nah. Its better if he stays their baby-sitter
#36 Posted by cattlebattle (12602 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
@cattlebattle said:
@Primmaster64 said:
@Overkill said:

I wondered that too.
not exactly, Blockbuster was pretty strong and the Kobra Venom was supposedly more potent, considering that a regular wolf would be superior to a regular man it isn't hard to believe that they were a credible threat...I mean the elephants did knock around Captain Marvel.

Superboy is definitely much weaker than his comic counterpart but he isn't completely weakened

@soccersss said:
@cattlebattle said:
 I think its him too. I'm just trying to convince myself Artemis doesnt get killed off which btw you're not helping. :P

Yeah, they did say all of the team would not make it, Artemis is very likely to be the one that dies..they spent a whole lot of time developing Superboy, Miss Martian and Aqualad.  Kid Flash and Robin are most likely exempt from being killed off due to their popularity and status in the comic world
#37 Posted by SurelockeHomes (2195 posts) - - Show Bio
@soccersss
Their very active baby-sitter, apparently. But yes, it would be a little unfair if the team had someone who can go toe-to-toe with superman on the team all the time. Unless they introduced a great many plot devices or something to take him out.
#38 Posted by cattlebattle (12602 posts) - - Show Bio
@SurelockeHomes said:
@soccersss: Their very active baby-sitter, apparently. But yes, it would be a little unfair if the team had someone who can go toe-to-toe with superman on the team all the time. Unless they introduced a great many plot devices or something to take him out.
they have to fight Black Adam this week so I imagine he will be very much needed
#39 Posted by SurelockeHomes (2195 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
@Primmaster64 said:
@cattlebattle said:
@Primmaster64 said:
@Overkill said:

I wondered that too.
not exactly, Blockbuster was pretty strong and the Kobra Venom was supposedly more potent, considering that a regular wolf would be superior to a regular man it isn't hard to believe that they were a credible threat...I mean the elephants did knock around Captain Marvel.

Superboy is definitely much weaker than his comic counterpart but he isn't completely weakened

@soccersss said:
@cattlebattle said:
Yeah, they did say all of the team would not make it, Artemis is very likely to be the one that dies..they spent a whole lot of time developing Superboy, Miss Martian and Aqualad.  Kid Flash and Robin are most likely exempt from being killed off due to their popularity and status in the comic world
Oh dear God please no! Don't kill someone!
#40 Posted by SurelockeHomes (2195 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle
Really? I guess he'll come in very much handy then. But what happens after Black Adam, whenever they do get done with him(not saying it'll happen this week, but whenever they do)?
#41 Posted by cattlebattle (12602 posts) - - Show Bio
@SurelockeHomes said:
@cattlebattle: Really? I guess he'll come in very much handy then. But what happens after Black Adam, whenever they do get done with him(not saying it'll happen this week, but whenever they do)?
They did say they will be rotating that position with different characters so it will be interesting to see what each character brings to the table if Red Tornado does not return  to his "duties" after they find out what the heck happened to him...which will be the episode after the next one
#42 Posted by SurelockeHomes (2195 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle
Yes, I'll be happy to see who they have in mind. It kind of makes me hope Red Tornado will stay gone for a small extended period.
#43 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked pretty much everything about this episode. Not in the least the John Stewart appearance.

#44 Posted by butterflykyss (3916 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes I thought the episode was pretty good, but I don't really care for the Meagan and Superboy pairing either for some reason. The fact the two are only concerned with each other and seem to neglect the well being of their other team mates could lead to issues down the line. But the episode was great, I liked it!

#45 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
@SurelockeHomes said:
@cattlebattle: Really? I guess he'll come in very much handy then. But what happens after Black Adam, whenever they do get done with him(not saying it'll happen this week, but whenever they do)?
They did say they will be rotating that position with different characters so it will be interesting to see what each character brings to the table if Red Tornado does not return  to his "duties" after they find out what the heck happened to him...which will be the episode after the next one
It definitely would be interesting to see who gets red tornado duties each episode. It might even be fun seeing Batman/Superman get to be their den-mother one episode
#46 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

it kinda sucked. marvel didnt do much. i know he has a mind of a child but c'mon. he's not a retarded child.

#47 Posted by XLR87T3 (2393 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion: I would think Billy turning into Captain Marvel would have maturity come with the package. That's what I thought.

#48 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@XLR87T3 said:

@KainScion: I would think Billy turning into Captain Marvel would have maturity come with the package. That's what I thought.

S for the Wisdom of Solomon

#49 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Billy hardly struck me as 'retarded.' He helped Aqualad with some sage advice and even when he bumbled into a trap, he did so because he wisely knew that the tiger was friendly, and that paid off.

#50 Posted by Kairan1979 (16712 posts) - - Show Bio
@XLR87T3 said:

After the JLU episode "Clash", I don't expect wisdom from animated versions of Captain Marvel.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.