Follow

Young Justice

Team » Young Justice appears in 269 issues.

Young Justice started as another legacy team consisting of a generation of sidekicks younger than the original Teen Titans lineup. Like the Teen Titans, they would eventually increase membership beyond sidekicks and make a name for themselves beyond their mentors.

Young Justice 207/33 "Depths" Discussion (Spoilers)

• 158 results
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Bestostero

@CrimsonCake said:

I think they kind of ruined the suspense by showing her Fake death at the beginning of the episode.

I don't think it did, it only made me more excited and i wanted to sit through the whole thing to see how it played out. This episode was so hype! I'm really surprised some people were turned off by it.

ckenn99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By ckenn99

I knew it was fake all along...did not stop me from tearing up when everyone was grieving. And even when Nightwing was looking at the picture and said "we'll laugh about this someday"

CFxRenaissance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By CFxRenaissance

I told myself that if she died I would be done with the show, I got really really sad. And then the part with Kaldur just blew my mind. Amazing episode, amazing show. YJ FTW!

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Bestostero

@ckenn99 said:

I knew it was fake all along...did not stop me from tearing up when everyone was grieving. And even when Nightwing was looking at the picture and said "we'll laugh about this someday"

good point, what was with that? why would he look at that picture if he knew it the death was fake...he didnt have to put on a show for anyone at that time lol

@CFxRenaissance: yeeeeah it is!!!

Avatar image for underachiever007
    Underachiever007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Underachiever007

@Bestostero: I suppose Nightwing has inherited his mentor's perfectionism.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By vernierhawk001

Wow...I actually was hoping Kaldur would actually be a legit bad guy. Explore territory that no other superhero show really has (a character we know and love can be corrupted). But I am glad Artemis isn't dead. I was imagining that whole Wally/Dick convo after that.....sheesh. And whay keep this from Miss M and Superboy?!

Accck....don't think I breathed that whole hour. Korra kicked butt,too

P.S. was i the only person excited to see Bludhaven as a location?

ckenn99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ckenn99

@vernierhawk001: No you were not! I saw Bludhaven and I was like-whats Nightwing up to now?

@Bestostero: Maybe it was just him feeling abd that he had to put her in all of this danger...idk but when he was looking at that I started to think maybe it is real.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By vernierhawk001

So....I'm a bonehead. I thought that the amulet let Artemis assume Cheshire's identity and Aqualad was taking her to help infiltrate the Light. Also, this might sound bad but I'm glad Lagoon Boy got captured.

He's just a arrogant pufferfish who keeps wiping his rship w M'gann in Superboy's face (guess who'd win between the two). And he's disobeyed Nightwing's orders.....twice! (if i recall correctly)

Underachiever007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Underachiever007

Nightwing's not going to be very popular with the team when the truth finally leaks out. M'gaan and Conner will probably be hurt they weren't let in on it. They were lead to believe that one of there teammates had turned evil and another was dead. His reputation with the team may become a little Batman-esque.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#60  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

WOW what an episode. This show get's better every week. I had doubts about season 2 but it's awesome now.
    Good that Artimis didn't die.
    huge twists.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Bestostero

I still can't believe Miss Martian wasn't let in, she is the telepath after all, I'm surprised she didn't sense anything when it happened. I guess mental blocks are in full effect.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By vernierhawk001

@Underachiever007 said:

Nightwing's not going to be very popular with the team when the truth finally leaks out. M'gaan and Conner will probably be hurt they weren't let in on it. They were lead to believe that one of there teammates had turned evil and another was dead. His reputation with the team may become a little Batman-esque,

Very good point....interesting to see how all of the relationships in the Team pan out. If I remember correctly, something similar happened when he became Batman for the first time and withdrew from the JLA or something like that. Then Troia confronted him....

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By Imagine_Man15

I haven't been all that "into" this season so far, but these last two episodes have been fantastic! I hope they can keep it up, because so far "Bloodlines" and "Depth" have been the two greatest episodes of this season, IMO.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#64  Edited By cameron83

again with dc,very intricate plots AND I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

the ending especially was amazing,AND I THOUGHT kaldur killed her,my heart dropped

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#65  Edited By rav4

@CFxRenaissance said:

I told myself that if she died I would be done with the show, I got really really sad. And then the part with Kaldur just blew my mind. Amazing episode, amazing show. YJ FTW!

I was in the exact same boat. For a couple minutes there, I thought I was done with the show, then the reveal happened and I was like

No Caption Provided
    ckenn99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ckenn99

@vernierhawk001 said:

@Underachiever007 said:

Nightwing's not going to be very popular with the team when the truth finally leaks out. M'gaan and Conner will probably be hurt they weren't let in on it. They were lead to believe that one of there teammates had turned evil and another was dead. His reputation with the team may become a little Batman-esque,

Very good point....interesting to see how all of the relationships in the Team pan out. If I remember correctly, something similar happened when he became Batman for the first time and withdrew from the JLA or something like that. Then Troia confronted him....

Also, no one was happy about Aqualad hiding the fact that their may be a mole on the time. Now imagine how they would feel about finding out a dead teamate is really alive!

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Skaddix

@Bestostero said:

I still can't believe Miss Martian wasn't let in, she is the telepath after all, I'm surprised she didn't sense anything when it happened. I guess mental blocks are in full effect.

She is too emotional. I would definitely keep her out. Besides the smaller the circle the better it works, the more people involved the more likely someone slips up.

Nightflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Nightflash

another great episode

i was disappointed and happy when i found out Kaldur was a double agent. He is one of my favorite characters so i want him to be a hero but he is so badass as a "bad guy" Either way great episode

Underachiever007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Underachiever007

@Skaddix said:

@Bestostero said:

She is too emotional. I would definitely keep her out. Besides the smaller the circle the better it works, the more people involved the more likely someone slips up.

It may have something to do with her powers. As a telepath, she's more liable to get into psychic battles like the ones she's had with Psimon. She bested him, but there may be stronger telepaths out there. As such, any information in her head is probably at a greater risk of getting leaked than any of her teammates.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#70  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

I have to admit, finding out what Kaldur was really doing with Black Manta is a little easier to swallow than him suddenly pulling an Anakin Skywalker

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

This episode, like all the others, was fantastic, and man, Carol Ferris is one good looking animated character. 

Also, It's kinda messed up what MM did to Superboy...I'd break up with her too after that.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Bestostero

@Underachiever007: After thinking about it, its probably because they wanted as little as much people knowing. Kaldur and Nightwing have to know because they're orchestrating it. Artemis because it's her life they're taking. And Wally probably because he's with Artemis. The fewer that know, the more believable it is I suppose...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @Bestostero:  

@CrimsonAvenger said:

@Bestostero:

Bart is staying with Jay Garrick and his wife not Barry Allen.

Noted! thanks

Was that "noted" on purpose?? hmmm?? 

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Bestostero

@The Stegman: By Neptune's beard! You got me lol

Underachiever007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Underachiever007

@Bestostero: Those are the first reasons that came to my head too. I was just thinking up specific reasons MM shouldn't be let in on it. This was an excellent episode. It also kind of reminded me how great Artemis's voice actress is. I love the way she enunciates certain words. Also, I wonder what Dick meant by the "we have a history" line. Was he just talking about Zatanna being a close friend of his, or were they romantically involved at some point? That nudge Wally gave him right after he said it was certainly suggestive.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @Bestostero:  

@The Stegman : By Neptune's beard! You got me lol

Yeah, at first I missed it, but I was all like "hello St'egmann" and it hit me.
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Bestostero

@Underachiever007: Nightwing and Zatanna probably were romantically involved, throughout season one they were flirting with each other and at the end they kissed on new years. I'm sure they were dating during the time gap but I'm sure that's over now.

Underachiever007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Underachiever007

@Bestostero: Seems like there's minimal drama between them though, ahem, unlike a certain other recently broken up couple. Thank God. Dick and Zee are too cool for it.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By vernierhawk001

Speaking of Zatanna, I wonder if they are ever going to readdress teh Doctor Fate issue. It will be interesting to see if this season goes until November 6 in the show's timeline...

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Bestostero

@Underachiever007: of course, Dick and Zatanna are too classy B)

@vernierhawk001: I think he's bounded for good, it would be nice for them to touch on that though, but seeing how she's a Leaguer now and no longer part of the team, doesn't seem likely.

Avatar image for kj_contrarian77
    KJ_Contrarian77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By KJ_Contrarian77

This was a truly awesome episode. What twists. Exciting. Great way to go into the hiatus. This show is one of the best written on television. I was fooled multiple times.

Kudos to Bestostero and others who called Kaldur as a mole. What a great, satisfying ending for fans. Wally was funny in this one (Calls Nightwing a "dog" regarding Zatanna, tells Artemis "Don't say that". LOL LOL). Great stuff.

Boy, does M'gann have some major issues. I like the aspect of that story. Nightwing is right to keep her out of the loop. She is a very loose cannon.

ReclaimerM3GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By ReclaimerM3GTR

HOLY SHIT, it went dark. I was so worried they killed Artemis off. Lagoon Boy I could care less about. I also enjoyed the fact that Dick still has the picture from homefront, I hope they do laugh about it one day since that was 5 years ago

Underachiever007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Underachiever007

@KJ_Contrarian77: Don't forget "dude, why are you giving bling to my dead girlfriend?"

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

Nightwing's reaction:

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By vernierhawk001

@Bestostero said:

@Underachiever007: of course, Dick and Zatanna are too classy B)

@vernierhawk001: I think he's bounded for good, it would be nice for them to touch on that though, but seeing how she's a Leaguer now and no longer part of the team, doesn't seem likely.

Which is funny because that means she is now working with the entity that ensalved her father. Doesn't seem like a functional team to me...lol.

And I've heard some ppl mention the fact that they hope Dick and Babs get together....but idk. Thus far it doesn't seem like they have an kind of relationship beyond being teammates

Underachiever007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Underachiever007

@vernierhawk001: Well, even when they were in a relationship in the comics, Dick and Babs would just constantly exchange witty banter all the time. If they are attracted to each other in this show, it probably won't be too evident until they actually make an episode focusing on that.

Avatar image for kj_contrarian77
    KJ_Contrarian77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By KJ_Contrarian77

@Underachiever007 said:

@KJ_Contrarian77: Don't forget "dude, why are you giving bling to my dead girlfriend?"

LOL - That was hilarious.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#88  Edited By Primmaster64

So she's dead? Well...Sorry, but stay dead...or at least don't kill her off.

Underachiever007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Underachiever007

@Primmaster64 said:

So she's dead? Well...Sorry, but stay dead...or at least don't kill her off.

She isn't dead.

srk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By srk12

Loved the episode. My dislike for Lagoon Boy and Miss Martian heightened with this episode though. Lagoon Boy is still a childish arrogant idiot and I can't believe what Miss Martian did to Superboy. I have to say that I've started liking Connor a lot more this season now that he's calmed down and acts more mature. I like how he chewed out Miss Martian without having to yell at her. I knew Artemis wasn't dead the moment they proclaimed her death at the beginning of the episode. I mean if it was a real death than it would have occurred as a surprise at the end of the episode. I am happy to finally see Nightwing in action after being just the one who issues instructions. Also, I am glad Aqualad turned out to be a double agent because him being a villain never made sense to me. Wally was a scene stealer, inserting some much needed humor in the episode towards the end. Artemis was great too. I'm still not sure why Nightwing asked Artemis for this when he could have asked anyone else on the team. And what happened at the end? Why did Artemis go off with Aqualad? I'm assuming she will be another mole but I find it pretty weird that they would pick Artemis for it, especially when she was retired. I felt pretty sad that Wally and Artemis had to part. Their last scene together was pretty sweet. I wonder what will happen with Wally. He has to play the part of a grieving boyfriend. I assume they might have him take up the uniform and return to the team as an excuse to look for Kaldur while really helping Nightwing with the investigation. I shudder to think how the rest of the team will take it once they find out. Particularly Miss Martian and Superboy. I feel that they should have been included considering they were part of the original team. Would have made it look like that the senior members have complete faith in one another. Anyways, great episode though probably a touch too dark and sad from what I usually like.

Underachiever007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Underachiever007

@srk12: I don't think it's a question of faith. The team has repeatedly encountered mind control in multiple forms in the first season. Just having that information on too many minds is dangerous. Kaldur and Nightwing were the only ones supposed to know. They had to drag Wally and Artemis in so that Kaldur could prove his loyalty to Black Manta. As for why they chose Artemis, well, she was retired. If they'd chosen someone on the team, said person wouldn't be able to participate in field missions any more. It would also be less traumatic for the younger members if someone they were unfamiliar with was the one to "die". That's my two cents anyway.

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By sentryman555

@srk12 said:

Loved the episode. My dislike for Lagoon Boy and Miss Martian heightened with this episode though. Lagoon Boy is still a childish arrogant idiot and I can't believe what Miss Martian did to Superboy. I have to say that I've started liking Connor a lot more this season now that he's calmed down and acts more mature. I like how he chewed out Miss Martian without having to yell at her. I knew Artemis wasn't dead the moment they proclaimed her death at the beginning of the episode. I mean if it was a real death than it would have occurred as a surprise at the end of the episode. I am happy to finally see Nightwing in action after being just the one who issues instructions. Also, I am glad Aqualad turned out to be a double agent because him being a villain never made sense to me. Wally was a scene stealer, inserting some much needed humor in the episode towards the end. Artemis was great too. I'm still not sure why Nightwing asked Artemis for this when he could have asked anyone else on the team. And what happened at the end? Why did Artemis go off with Aqualad? I'm assuming she will be another mole but I find it pretty weird that they would pick Artemis for it, especially when she was retired. I felt pretty sad that Wally and Artemis had to part. Their last scene together was pretty sweet. I wonder what will happen with Wally. He has to play the part of a grieving boyfriend. I assume they might have him take up the uniform and return to the team as an excuse to look for Kaldur while really helping Nightwing with the investigation. I shudder to think how the rest of the team will take it once they find out. Particularly Miss Martian and Superboy. I feel that they should have been included considering they were part of the original team. Would have made it look like that the senior members have complete faith in one another. Anyways, great episode though probably a touch too dark and sad from what I usually like.

@Underachiever007 said:

@srk12: I don't think it's a question of faith. The team has repeatedly encountered mind control in multiple forms in the first season. Just having that information on too many minds is dangerous. Kaldur and Nightwing were the only ones supposed to know. They had to drag Wally and Artemis in so that Kaldur could prove his loyalty to Black Manta. As for why they chose Artemis, well, she was retired. If they'd chosen someone on the team, said person wouldn't be able to participate in filed missions any more. It would also be less traumatic for the younger members if someone they were unfamiliar with was the one to "die". That's my two cents anyway.

Adding on to these two. But Nightwing almost probably had to ask Wally and Artemis because it was mentioned at the beginning how short staffed the league is now without the actual main Leaguers there. So Nightwing probably can't afford to take anyone else off the team to do this.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By vernierhawk001

: excellent thoughts

srk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By srk12

and

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By sentryman555

@srk12 said:

and

I completely agree Wally definitely got the short end of the stick. Maybe Nightwing wants Artemis there because with Aqualand climbing higher up the latter things are bound to get more dangerous. I really hope they do use this as a pretense to get Wally back on the team though. He was my second favorite character behind Superboy. Plus Wally also seems to have mellowed down quite a bit. He's still cracking jokes but he seems calmer and not lot more put together. I'm hoping with Bloodlines its all a lead up to him becoming the Flash.

BatBen9135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By BatBen9135

Excited that both Artemis isn't dead and Aqualad isn't ruined as a character. So good, great way to end before a hiatus.

srk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By srk12

Yeah I agree with you about Wally. From the little we've seen of him it seems the writers have done a perfect job of maturing him without losing his essence which made him so lovable. I really hope the writers bring him back into the team so we can seem him more often. For one thing, I think this a pretty big burden for Nightwing to carry alone while the team is grieving. He'll probably need Wally's support. Plus, I'm sure it'll be incredibly hard for Wally to sit on the sidelines as a normal guy and not have clue what is going on while his girlfriend is out in the middle of the danger. I just hope Wally isn't too bitter towards Dick even though I would perfectly understand if he was.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Manchine

Have to say they keep making this better and better. I keep expecting to be let down and bam nope. Sure there is some dry runs for set up but I have to say this was the best episode of this season.

JSAVen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#99  Edited By JSAVen

Great episode, DC Animation RULES

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By sentryman555

@srk12: Thats true. Plus with everyone else thinking Artemis is dead I think it will be good for Superboy and Miss Martian to have an old friend like Wally come back on the team. I'm hoping the season finale will be the old team completely reunited for the final episode. With Red Arrow also putting himself back together for his kid, love that storyline too, he could be with them at the end. Having Nightwing, Superboy, Miss Martian, Kid Flash, Artemis, Aqualad and Red Arrow maybe Zatanna being the ones to beat the bad guys would be amazing. Especially because it would come full circle with Nightwing calling the shots cause of Aqualad telling Robin back at the beginning of the first season something like " I'll lead this team till your ready"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.