Follow

Young Justice

Team » Young Justice appears in 269 issues.

Young Justice started as another legacy team consisting of a generation of sidekicks younger than the original Teen Titans lineup. Like the Teen Titans, they would eventually increase membership beyond sidekicks and make a name for themselves beyond their mentors.

Young Justice 205/31 "Beneath" Discussion

• 133 results
    Exia009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Exia009

There are a few more females with more convoluted backstories that they can add into the mix, but that'd be detracting from the YJ storyline as a whole. I think for now, the Team's guy to girl ratio is great, I hope they don't go adding a bunch of members for no reason to ruin that dynamic.

@KainScion said:

miss martian is turning into a real psycho b!tch.

I thought for sure that the catatonic state thing would be permanent. It would've added more to the gravity of her problem. Then again, I figured, if a supervillain conglomerate couldn't figure out how to reverse that kind of thing, who could? :p

Also, I'm also noticing that Dick and Barbara are getting very little screentime of their own, which is ironic because I think they're the characters I would enjoy the most seeing interact. I had to rewind that quip between the two to watch Dick get flustered again haha. The characters I thought were fairly dumbed down and seemed rather flat in the premiere (Blue Beetle, Beast Boy, Wonder Girl) and who I felt were added for no other reason than fan service have definitely proven themselves to me since then, especially Jaime. Very interesting storyline for him, even if it was just because of the little undertones of maturity (dysfunctional families, domestic abuse, etc.) and I enjoyed watching him run around even though he didn't actually kick anyone's ass.

@notquitevarsity said:

Connor/Cassie is ideal, but I don't want the show to get too focused on relationships. They couldn't pair them up without hinting at something romantic. And personally I like how Conner still isn't completely over Megan.

Dick/Connor would be an unstoppable BAMF team.That would be awesome.

I don't know about Connor/Cassie, that seems like a far reach. Connor is supposed to be something like 21 internally and Cassie seems to be the youngest female of the group. Could be interesting, though.

Dick/Connor already proved themselves a BAMF team in the season finale. They just need to cement the badassery in this season. :p

ckenn99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By ckenn99

The whole kidnapping children thing reminds me of what Darkseid had his forces doing leading up to Final Crisis.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Skaddix

Darkside Club: Teen Hero Fights.

Avatar image for underachiever007
    Underachiever007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Underachiever007

@KainScion said:

miss martian is turning into a real psycho b!tch.

Heh, I think she's a cooler character this way. I mean, they hinted at some of the more disturbing aspects of her personality in season one, but I love how she's actually morally questionable now.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#55  Edited By KainScion

@Underachiever007: it wouldve made more sense for her to turn evil than aqualad. look at artemis she has both parents villains (one retired one active) and shes not evil.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By Bestostero

@KainScion said:

@Underachiever007: it wouldve made more sense for her to turn evil than aqualad. look at artemis she has both parents villains (one retired one active) and shes not evil.

I think both Miss Martian and Aqualad benefit from their changes...Aqualad looks pure badass, and Miss Martian lost her annoying HELLO MEGAN! personality... they both seem so much better now

Underachiever007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Underachiever007

@KainScion said:

Eh, I don't think it works like that. It's like when folks say "our kids are so spoiled. Look at those starving children in Africa, they don't complain about their trivial problems, and they have it way worse". People are unpredictable.

Aqualad's betrayal was a tad jarring, though. There were no shades of gray or ambiguity to his character. He was the most straight-shooting "nice guy" of the group.

Underachiever007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Underachiever007

@Bestostero said:

@KainScion said:

I think both Miss Martian and Aqualad benefit from their changes...Aqualad looks pure badass, and Miss Martian lost her annoying HELLO MEGAN! personality... they both seem so much better now

Yeah, I think Aqualad's more interesting this way as well. I do think his betrayal kind of seemed to come out of nowhere, though. Even with all the reasons laid out before me, I'm having a hard time imagining him going bad. I'm contradicting myself. Again.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#59  Edited By KainScion

@Underachiever007: aqualad ok i see your point, but i still think meggan is a psycho and about to burst. even the bad guys are afraid of her. i think she gets a more badass rep than batman and hes the dark knight!

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Bestostero

@Underachiever007: it is hard to believe because out of all the members from season one, he was the most grounded...but who knows what his true intentions are...i still believe there is still some good in him but we'll find out soon enough i guess...

@KainScion: when you say it like that, i agree because i dont believe for a second that she is more powerful than Martian Manhunter or whatever...but i still think she's better than she was last season...

Underachiever007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Underachiever007

@Bestostero: There is some evidence to support that theory. Why hasn't Aqualad exposed Wally's real identity to the Light? Why hasn't he told them about Superboy's civilian name? Surely both those things would be useful to them. They could attempt some form of blackmail with the former, and the latter would lead them to Superman's real identity.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ms__omega

Any one notice at the end of the episode the last hostage in the pod kinda looked like Virgil Hawkins aka (Static)? I'm just saying....

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Bestostero

@Underachiever007: agreed, he could do a lot of damage with the information he knows, but he hasn't...

pharze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By pharze

How can they introduce the Black Beetle without first introducing Booster Gold or Ted? Why would they introduce Black Beetle as a main antagonist?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Bestostero: I got a better image of the the kidnapped kids, their color schemes are similar to the ethnic super friends characters...also, the asian looking character has his hair tied like Samurai...I am going with my theory. 

I am trying to post it but this site isn't letting me....yay comicvine :(
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Bestostero: here we go

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Bestostero

@cattlebattle: as long as Samurai stays a male, i'll be happy. i was hoping the Atom was Ryan Choi as well, but that was already proven to be Ray Palmer.

but anyways, while i like this idea of using the Super Friends characters, i just feel that JLU did it already.. plus I rather have Vixen, Dr. Light, Fire, Ice or whatever any day.lol

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Bestostero said:

@cattlebattle:

but anyways, while i like this idea of using the Super Friends characters, i just feel that JLU did it already.. plus I rather have Vixen, Dr. Light, Fire, Ice or whatever any day.lol

I would actually rather have them too, don't know about Dr. Light though, I would actually like for the evil Dr. Light show up, considering he was a prominent Titans villain..it would be interesting to see how they handle him.
    Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Didn't care for this episode much

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#70  Edited By papad1992

@Jnr6Lil said:

Why? It was really great! We got to see girl power... and when is that ever a bad thing!?

TheGremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By TheGremlin

That's definately Static and not African American Vulcan. Yeah...don't know how I feel about the Superfriends thing...it was definately my least favorite DC series...I guess if they added Marvin and all them it's inevitable that they're the four token minorities. Loved Nightwing and Batgirls interaction though. "Would you have to justify an all male team?" "...There's no right answer to that is there?" LOL.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72  Edited By TheCrowbar

Anyone want Darksied to just appear beat Wondergirl to death, bow and then leave.

Falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Falconer

@TheCrowbar: *blinks* .............. what.......... why?!

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#74  Edited By TheCrowbar

@MaskedFalcon said:

She's a fangirl, an inept one at that. She's automatically loved by everyone, she's superpowerful and her mistakes aren't mistakes there's little to no consequence to them.

Avatar image for jorok_goldblade
    jorok_goldblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By jorok_goldblade

I adjusted the image to take out the red hue over the prisoners.

No Caption Provided

They all definitely have the colors of the international superfriends- Brown/Red Apache Chief, Gold/Green Samurai, Red/Gold/Green El Dorado, With Blue/Black/Gold to Black Vulcan's Blue/Gold.

Thoughts:

Samurai as a female in interesting. Could she instead be Katana, since she was portrayed as a teen in Brave and the Bold and the upcoming Beware the Batman? or maybe an amalgamation of the two?

Not sure on El Dorado. He seems to me like the worst of the International Super Friends- with the most poorly defined powers and the worst of some already poorly fitting code names. I'm wondering if he could be another latino hero refitted for this role. Geoff Johns has taken an interest in Vibe, but the style on this kid is all wrong if that were the direction they were going. Or they could merely be taking El Dorado and fixing him up to be a more cohesive character.

Black Vulcan was a retooling of Black Lightning to work around legal disputes between DC and his creator (as was Static Shock's Soul Power) Since BL has made two non-speaking cameo appearances as a member of the League this season, it would be a poor fit. However, if the dreads suggest anything it's that they're probably gong with their younger and more popular electricity-wielding African American superhero dressed in blue, black, and gold- Static.

tamabone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 62

#76  Edited By tamabone

@cattlebattle: I totally agree.

tamabone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 62

#77  Edited By tamabone

@cattlebattle said:

@Bestostero: here we go

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Too funny.

Underachiever007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Underachiever007

@TheCrowbar said:

@MaskedFalcon said:

She's a fangirl, an inept one at that. She's automatically loved by everyone, she's superpowerful and her mistakes aren't mistakes there's little to no consequence to them.

That ... really doesn't make her a bad character. There are far worse on this team.

Blowout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#79  Edited By Blowout
    No Caption Provided

I really like the idea that these four are the Apache Chief, the Wonder Twins, and Static.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Bestostero

@Underachiever007 said:

@TheCrowbar said:

@MaskedFalcon said:

That ... really doesn't make her a bad character. There are far worse on this team.

Miss Martian was way more annoying in season 1...

Underachiever007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Underachiever007

@Bestostero said:

@Underachiever007 said:

@TheCrowbar said:

@MaskedFalcon said:

Miss Martian was way more annoying in season 1...

Yeah, she's better now, but gah, Lagoon Boy. He has yet to do or say a single thing that endears him to me.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Bestostero

@Underachiever007: really? i think he's ok...he does remind me of season 1 Miss Martian with his Neptune's Beard comments, but it isn't as bad as Hello Megan! come to think of it, they are perfect together, but look different and have strange catchphrases lol

Underachiever007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Underachiever007

@Bestostero said:

@Underachiever007: really? i think he's ok...he does remind me of season 1 Miss Martian with his Neptune's Beard comments, but it isn't as bad as Hello Megan! come to think of it, they are perfect together, but look different and have strange catchphrases lol

Well, "Hello Megan" got explained away with a good deal of pathos. I doubt they could do the same with "Merlin's beard". I think my problem is with Lagoon Boy's voice actor. I feel he makes the character come off as obnoxious.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#84  Edited By Deranged Midget

It was the most boring episode and possibly the worst out of the series so far.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Bestostero

@Underachiever007: aww i think Yuri Lowenthal is great!!!

@Deranged Midget said:

It was the most boring episode and possibly the worst out of the series so far.

wow i didnt think it was that bad lol

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Bestostero: It was by no means a horrible episode in itself, but compared to the rest of the series, it was lackluster at best.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Bestostero

@Deranged Midget said:

@Bestostero: It was by no means a horrible episode in itself, but compared to the rest of the series, it was lackluster at best.

i thought it had some great moments! Batgirl schooling Nightwing at the beginning was awesome! "Alpha is all girls because Queen Bee can control men" "So you have to justify an all girl team but not an all male team?" "derp" lol

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Bestostero said:

@Deranged Midget said:

i thought it had some great moments! Batgirl schooling Nightwing at the beginning was awesome! "Alpha is all girls because Queen Bee can control men" "So you have to justify an all girl team but not an all male team?" "derp" lol

It lacked any proper forwarding point in the plot and Blue Beetle's part of the episode was perhaps the saving grace.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Bestostero

@Deranged Midget said:

@Bestostero said:

@Deranged Midget said:

It lacked any proper forwarding point in the plot and Blue Beetle's part of the episode was perhaps the saving grace.

i think its the same plotwise as the Earthlings episode

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Bestostero: More or less, but honestly I'm just ranting. I personally HATE the 5 year gap they introduced in between seasons.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@papad1992 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Why? It was really great! We got to see girl power... and when is that ever a bad thing!?

Could care less about Blue Beetle's Native american past.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By papad1992

@Jnr6Lil said:

@papad1992 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Blue Beetle doesn't have a Native American past... he's Mexican! His friend was the one who was Native American.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@papad1992 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@papad1992 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Blue Beetle doesn't have a Native American past... he's Mexican! His friend was the one who was Native American.

Ah, see that confused me.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By papad1992

@Jnr6Lil said:

@papad1992 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@papad1992 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Have u ever heard of Blue Beetle before prior to the series!?

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@papad1992 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@papad1992 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@papad1992 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Yes but this series has it's own continuity.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By papad1992

@Jnr6Lil said:

@papad1992 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@papad1992 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@papad1992 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

I know that but the characters mainly stay the same, personality-wise and character-wise. But Blue Beetle has always been Mexican...

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@papad1992 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@papad1992 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@papad1992 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@papad1992 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

I know that but the characters mainly stay the same, personality-wise and character-wise. But Blue Beetle has always been Mexican...

Again how would I know that if this show has it's own continuity. Locations do change such as with Aqualad being from Atlantis.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By papad1992

@Jnr6Lil said:

@papad1992 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@papad1992 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@papad1992 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@papad1992 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Again how would I know that if this show has it's own continuity. Locations do change such as with Aqualad being from Atlantis.

I'm not talking about the locations or continuity... I'm talking about how the characters themselves haven't changed much from their comic-book counterparts, like their background, ethnicity, personality traits, costumes (changed a little), etc...

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@papad1992 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@papad1992 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@papad1992 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@papad1992 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@papad1992 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

I'm not talking about the locations or continuity... I'm talking about how the characters themselves haven't changed much from their comic-book counterparts, like their background, ethnicity, personality traits, costumes (changed a little), etc...

And I'm saying that it can change considering Artemis is half Vietnamese and sister to Cheshire.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By papad1992

@Jnr6Lil said:

@papad1992 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@papad1992 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@papad1992 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@papad1992 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@papad1992 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

And I'm saying that it can change considering Artemis is half Vietnamese and sister to Cheshire.

I said that they "mostly stay true to their comic book counterpart" but whatev.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.