Young Justice 205/31 "Beneath" Discussion

• 133 results
#1 Posted by Bestostero (5590 posts) - - Show Bio

Something has to be more deep rooted for the Miss Martian Superboy relationship break up, her mind fried victims seem to recover...so I'm not sure what the set up was...

love Wonder Girl in this, although Batgirl and Bumblebee still felt like background characters...

#2 Posted by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

I can only guess they're are going to use the kidnapped kids to use in the Reach army.

#3 Posted by Underachiever007 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

We need a Nightwing and Batgirl focused episode. And yeah, I liked Wonder Girl in this. Blue Beetle was pretty cool as well.

#4 Posted by Bestostero (5590 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoggSaron said:

I can only guess they're are going to use the kidnapped kids to use in the Reach army.

good point, forgot to bring that up, its looking very likely that reach is indeed involved.

@Underachiever007: Yes!!! I loved the banter between Nightwing and Batgirl at the mission briefing!

#5 Posted by krspaceT (1509 posts) - - Show Bio

LONG SHADOW! APACHE CHIEF! I SMELL SOMETHING INTERESTIN'!

#6 Posted by WZA (32 posts) - - Show Bio

This episode wasn't bad, it seems like it'll lead to bigger things later on. But I can't deny my excitement for next week's episode :D lol.

#7 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

Apache Chief/Longshadow!

#8 Posted by Bestostero (5590 posts) - - Show Bio

@WZA: yeah, should be good, im wondering if it will lead to Wally coming out of retirement or maybe introducing Bart into the fold.

#9 Posted by WZA (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Well according to the spoilers posted on this forum bart is suppose to join the team, and they haven't been wrong yet lol. *fingers crossed*

#10 Posted by MazeMaster (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Maze Master says they should totally bring in him as Long Shadow.

#11 Posted by krspaceT (1509 posts) - - Show Bio

I know Greg said he would use some TV only types, must be Longshadow he meant

#12 Posted by Bestostero (5590 posts) - - Show Bio

Long Shadow/Apache Chief is definitely an interesting choice...if he can make it, wonder if the Wonder Twins can as well lol

#13 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

@WZA said:

Well according to the spoilers posted on this forum bart is suppose to join the team, and they haven't been wrong yet lol. *fingers crossed*

I completely agree!

If people pay attention to my posts they probably know that Bart is my favourite character made!

#14 Posted by Bestostero (5590 posts) - - Show Bio

with all the talk of new possible additions (Bart/Apache Chief), none of them are females...other than Arrowette who else could be a new female addition?

#15 Posted by X9 (767 posts) - - Show Bio

That was a good episode, emphasis on Blue Beetle (what a friend) and Wonder Girl (I don't get how so many people here don't like her, she's such a lovely character). Plus, the interaction between Alpha's members was pretty cool. I hope we get to see more of it. And that these characters get the attention they deserve.

I also think that episode confirms (at least to me) that there isn't gonna be any fight between Cassie and M'gann. Miss Martian is kind of a guide to Wonder Girl and, as a team veteran, to the rest of Alpha as well.

Nightwing's words to Cassie were sweet too. He's kind of the nice leader who encourages everyone hehe.

: Agreed \o/

#16 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a good episode, my we still haven't seen Nightwing participate in a mission yet.

#17 Posted by krspaceT (1509 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam: Alienated?

#18 Edited by cattlebattle (13411 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice to see a villain team show up, they appeared to be this shows version of the Fearsome Five with Icicle and Devastation replacing Dr. Light and Gizmo.

It seems they will be pulling Blue Beetle into the forefront this season. good episode. 

Stealtha-Girl ftw.......

I think I spotted Virgil Hawkins at the end

#19 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

@krspaceT said:

@AweSam: Alienated?

Please, everyone went on that missions.

#20 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero said:

with all the talk of new possible additions (Bart/Apache Chief), none of them are females...other than Arrowette who else could be a new female addition?

Rose, damn it, Rose!

Hey, I can dream, can't I?

#21 Posted by Bestostero (5590 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4: oh man, if Rose came in too... Megan and Cassie lol.... although as someone mentioned, they didnt seem to be very catty with each other, but it also seems that Cassie and Connor haven't really connected either.

#22 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero: We need Rose to cause a little friction! Everyone is so goody goody and happy and friendly. Why not throw a wrench in all of that with someone like the explosive little ball of snark that is Rose? :) Would provide for some lovely entertainment.

#23 Posted by Underachiever007 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

I re-watched the episode online and I must say, I'm liking Cassie more and more. I never cared for her much in the comics . There was no hate there, but no love either. They did a great job with YJ Cassie, though. She could have been annoying but she came off endearing instead. Hoping to see more of her.

#24 Posted by Bestostero (5590 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4: i dont disagree lol

@Underachiever007: I love Wonder Girl in this episode! or any episode really (i love her moment with Wonder Woman in Alienated) Mae Whitman does a great job voicing her! i like her in the comics too lol

#25 Posted by cattlebattle (13411 posts) - - Show Bio
@YoggSaron said:

I suspect the four at the end will eventually become the Superfreinds ethnic characters...after all, it was Vandal Savages plan to "evolve" humanity...... so they could very well be experimenting on them.

For instance.....from left to right Long Shadow (obviously Apache Cheif), Samurai, Maybe Static in favor of Black Vulcan and El Dorado......or Maybe, the two in the middle are the Wonder Twins and Static is at the end

#26 Posted by sentryman555 (826 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm waiting for the Superboy/Robin/Wondergirl centered episode. It has to happen! Or Superboy/Nightwing/Wondergirl episode. =D

#27 Posted by Bestostero (5590 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: oooh good eye. I think its Apache Chief, Samurai, El Dorado, Black Vulcan. I guess it could be Static with the shows own creative liberties...cause that looks like a female in the second from the left.

#28 Posted by ReclaimerM3GTR (38 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed Babs being a hard ass to Dick, it was quite funny. A Nightwing/Batgirl Episode would be very nice. I really interested to see what Bloodlines is gonna be about now. I'm still waiting for Garth to appear and I wish Donna was in the show, but I like Cassie's enthusiasm she's hilarious

#29 Posted by cattlebattle (13411 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bestostero said:

@cattlebattle: oooh good eye. I think its Apache Chief, Samurai, El Dorado, Black Vulcan. I guess it could be Static with the shows own creative liberties...cause that looks like a female in the second from the left.

I'm guessing perhaps they will make Samurai a girl or maybe she ine half of the Wonder Twins
#30 Posted by Bestostero (5590 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: i really hope they dont go with making Samurai a female...he's one of the very few notable(i use that term lightly here) asian male heroes there is!

#31 Posted by notquitevarsity (157 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really hoping for a Dick/Cassie team up. Also I'm liking Blue Beetle more than I thought I would.

I love how the show subtly adds spoilers to keep us guessing. I really hope they bring in Static.

#32 Posted by The Stegman (26114 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how bloodthirsty Blue Beetle's Scarab is, it's hilarious. 

Great episode, as usual. 

#33 Edited by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4 said:

@Bestostero: We need Rose to cause a little friction! Everyone is so goody goody and happy and friendly. Why not throw a wrench in all of that with someone like the explosive little ball of snark that is Rose? :) Would provide for some lovely entertainment.

Well Lagoon Boy and Superboy have some friction no doubt. As for right now they seem to only grab heroes connected to League Members.

As for who they are Apache Chief and as for Static, well does not look like that to me. Besides he does not fit the MO, they grabbed runaways. Static is never been that and that would be a major change.

Scarab's oveerraction is great though.

#34 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix: Eh, that's mostly relationship friction over Megan, and it's mild at best... not even close to the same thing.

#35 Posted by X9 (767 posts) - - Show Bio

: I don't see the need of a conflicting character on the team. The show already has too many characters to develop and let's not forget that even "goody goody" friends have their bad days, as we've seen in season one. It's so true that Aqualad, the calmer member of the team, turned evil and thirsty for revenge.

#36 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9: Quiet you, and let me have my fantasies of my favorite character actually appearing in animation.

And no that horrendous alternate version of her in that movie that will not be named does not count.

#37 Posted by X9 (767 posts) - - Show Bio

: Hahaha, ok then

#38 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

blue beetle is pretty cool character on the show. he reminds me of peter parker.

#39 Posted by X9 (767 posts) - - Show Bio

: Yeah, a little bit :)

#40 Edited by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice episode, we MUST have a Nightwing/Batgirl episode, their dialogue make me LOL

#41 Posted by The Stegman (26114 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mega_spidey01:  

blue beetle is pretty cool character on the show. he reminds me of peter parker.

Honestly, to me, Blue Beetle and Static are probably the closest thing DC has for Spider-Man, I personally love all three of em!
#42 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

@notquitevarsity said:

I'm really hoping for a Dick/Cassie team up. Also I'm liking Blue Beetle more than I thought I would.

I love how the show subtly adds spoilers to keep us guessing. I really hope they bring in Static.

I'm actually hoping for a Connor/Cassie team up. Or Dick/Connor

#43 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@Mega_spidey01:

Honestly, to me, Blue Beetle and Static are probably the closest thing DC has for Spider-Man, I personally love all three of em!
#44 Posted by notquitevarsity (157 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

@notquitevarsity said:

I'm actually hoping for a Connor/Cassie team up. Or Dick/Connor

Connor/Cassie is ideal, but I don't want the show to get too focused on relationships. They couldn't pair them up without hinting at something romantic. And personally I like how Conner still isn't completely over Megan.

Dick/Connor would be an unstoppable BAMF team.That would be awesome.

#45 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@Mega_spidey01:

yeah to bad DC went all dark on their new 52 solos. Seriously some fun would be nice.

#46 Posted by papad1992 (6793 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero said:

Empress

#47 Posted by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

Apache Chief!

#48 Posted by War Killer (20294 posts) - - Show Bio
@Underachiever007 said:

We need a Nightwing and Batgirl focused episode.

Agreed! ^_^
#49 Posted by mfundo (1623 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved this episode, it totally had the words "Girls Night Out" written over it.

#50 Posted by KainScion (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

miss martian is turning into a real psycho b!tch.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.