Young Justice 203/29 "Alienated" Discussion (Spoilers)

• 135 results
#1 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

Miss Martian is doing more of that brain frying thing to gather information...but it seems the League doesnt care as much as Superboy...

and holy crap, its Aqualad! with his father Black Manta! the comic book story with his family is a lie!!!

#2 Posted by WZA (32 posts) - - Show Bio

im not gonna lie, that was an epic moment when he took off the helmet lol.

#3 Posted by Ravager4 (1625 posts) - - Show Bio

As seemingly horrific as Miss Martian's interrogations are, it seems to be necessary. This is a war they're waging, and they need the information. The only other one capable of gaining that information telepathically, Martian Manhunter, had barely been able to even to achieve psychic translation between them during the entire time Miss Martian's team was on Rann. Superboy just apparently can't deal with the crippling side effects that her interrogations have on the victim, which most likely occurs because her psychic mind is so powerful.

#4 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

@WZA said:

im not gonna lie, that was an epic moment when he took off the helmet lol.

no doubt, that was pretty amazing...i hope we see some interactions between him and his old teammates!

#5 Posted by WZA (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone see that silhoutte type figure plant the bomb?

#6 Posted by AweSam (7110 posts) - - Show Bio

No! I read spoilers :( I'm trying to find the episode.

#7 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

@WZA said:

it was probably Aqualad, at first i thought it was him trying to sabotage Black Manta and the Kroloteans...but now im not so sure...

amazing episode, lots of good stuff happen in this one!

1. Aqualad's reveal

2. Black Manta is now a member of the Lights and has replaced Ocean Master

3. The big hitters of the league are now standing trial and will not be available to assist the team

and...of course Jaime still talks to himself, the scene with him and Bumblebee made me lol

#8 Posted by Owen_Porter (83285 posts) - - Show Bio

No I think Miss Martian's brain frying act is just the beginning of an underlining story. Her powers and how she uses them are going to become an issue. And Aqualad is the sh!t. He makes a perfect villain. Black Manta's are pimp.

#9 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3612 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved seeing all of the Big heros with their respective proteges and families especially the Bat Family and that scene between SuperBoy and Superman

#10 Posted by krspaceT (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero said:

@WZA said:

it was probably Aqualad, at first i thought it was him trying to sabotage Black Manta and the Kroloteans...but now im not so sure...

amazing episode, lots of good stuff happen in this one!

1. Aqualad's reveal

2. Black Manta is now a member of the Lights and has replaced Ocean Master

3. The big hitters of the league are now standing trial and will not be available to assist the team

and...of course Jaime still talks to himself, the scene with him and Bumblebee made me lol

What ever did happen to Ocean Master?

#11 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3612 posts) - - Show Bio

@WZA said:

That Silhoutte might have been some undercover agent.

#12 Posted by krspaceT (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder: Lets agree that Greg has surprises in abundance

#13 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3612 posts) - - Show Bio

@krspaceT: Agreed 100%. Too bad this season is only 20 eps though

#14 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio

Age Superboy, age!

Anyway, seems Aqualad is mad of the team because Tula died.

#15 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like The Light is playing both sides of the invasion, sending Aqualad to assist the Kroleteans in their escape while also helping out an agent of the 'Competitor' to plant a bomb in their hideout.

So who is The Competitor?  Khunds?  Dominators?  More Apokalyptians?

#16 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

I loved seeing all of the Big heros with their respective proteges and families especially the Bat Family and that scene between SuperBoy and Superman

don't forget Wonder Girl and Wonder Woman! They had a fun banter (Maggie Q is amazing as Wonder Woman)

@krspaceT: I think Ocean Master failed in some important mission that takes place during Young Justice Legacy which causes him to get replaced. It's fine by me though, Ocean master has no presence on the cartoon whatsoever and Black Manta is more notable and better anyways...again imo...

And hopefully this show will grow enough so that they'll have to do a season 3 and bring back the toyline lol

#17 Edited by ThexX (1529 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the silhouette figure might be Arsenal (The Real Roy is missing half his arm) not Red Arrow (REd Arrow is a Clone of Roy). But seeing Aqualad as a villain was awesome and seeing him one shot Superboy was great (not a big fan of the Superman Family). And as for Miss Martin interrogation technique I don't care.

#18 Posted by krspaceT (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrMiracle77: Reach.....

#19 Posted by WarGauntlet (34 posts) - - Show Bio

when I heard the voice i don't know it didn't phase me it seemed like the perfect fit. The once head straight leader turning bad. i still wonder what happened to artemis i just hope she's not dead.

#20 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThexX: omg, i didnt even think of that! GOOD call!!! I hope it is Arsena or whatever the REAL Roy Harper is calling himselfl!!!

#21 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3612 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero said:

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

don't forget Wonder Girl and Wonder Woman! They had a fun banter (Maggie Q is amazing as Wonder Woman)

@krspaceT: I think Ocean Master failed in some important mission that takes place during Young Justice Legacy which causes him to get replaced. It's fine by me though, Ocean master has no presence on the cartoon whatsoever and Black Manta is more notable and better anyways...again imo...

And hopefully this show will grow enough so that they'll have to do a season 3 and bring back the toyline lol

True very true cant forget about them or the standoff between the Aquaman family as well. Wonder what happened to Tula though

#22 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder: judging by what Nightwing/Aqualad said to each other, she probably sacrificed herself to save a mission... Nightwing said they were on a mission and she knew the risks, but Aqualad wasn't having it...

...but i think he isn't so far gone yet...cause he didnt seem to happy to hear that all the Kroloteans died because of the bomb at the end?

#23 Posted by gerrylum (25 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved that Superman called Superboy "little brother" and "Kon-El". I hope they go into how Superman gave him that name and don't just have it as a throwaway line, but with so few episodes this season, I fear that might be the case.

#24 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3612 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero said:

@redbird3rdboywonder: judging by what Nightwing/Aqualad said to each other, she probably sacrificed herself to save a mission... Nightwing said they were on a mission and she knew the risks, but Aqualad wasn't having it...

...but i think he isn't so far gone yet...cause he didnt seem to happy to hear that all the Kroloteans died because of the bomb at the end?

True then there's th cae of how Nightwing got there so fast like he knew where Cal was going to be and yes he seemed very happy at least to me. Then there's always that mysterious figure that planted the bomb and plus theres still no sign of Garth either

#25 Posted by krspaceT (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

em....anyone else notice that Captain Atom's talking more.....wonder if he's now in charge?

#26 Posted by gerrylum (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@krspaceT said:

em....anyone else notice that Captain Atom's talking more.....wonder if he's now in charge?

I think he's in charge of military tactics or something... kind of like how Batman gives YJ the team missions (or at least used to).

Anyway, some guesses as to who the figure in the shadow was who was placing the bomb: Red Hood or Deathstroke? Either one would be cool, but probably pretty unlikely.

#27 Posted by CrimsonCake (2666 posts) - - Show Bio

Aqualad said that tula died.Maybe she joined the team at one point or maybe they were on a mission to atlantis?

#28 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder: very good point, Superboy too managed to get there faster... it makes me think that the shock Aqualad gave to Superboy was actually some sort of intel that they were just acting out, but who knows...

@krspaceT: well Captain Atom had more presence on the comics, i think that now that the main leaguers are out of comission, someone has to take over... you would think Aquaman/Flash would take this role since he's a founding member that isn't on trial...but Captain Atom is awesome too

#29 Posted by MrMazz (976 posts) - - Show Bio

OK so M'gaan is brain smashing without having to concentrate much now...and Manhunter didn't seem to notice (though he was busy). Maybe she is just brute forcing it to much?

I totally forgot Ocean Master was part of the Light. New insane theory: Aqualad isn't really evil but a mole so that Batman can get someone close to the light. Maybe he "kills" Artemis (who sounds a lot like the secretary at the Hall of Justice) to get in good with dear old dad and only Batman knows since he is the schemer of the group.It is a long shot but I really wish they could of gotten Billy Dee Williams to voice Black Manta imagine it.

Neptune's Beard Lagoon Boy! You ruined an good scene with your over dramatics...not that Superboys reunion special wasn't over dramatic as well.

It was cool seeing the Superfamiles team up. Seriously though A good chunk of the League going off world gee that sounds like something Savage has planned for.

#30 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7622 posts) - - Show Bio

Turns out Aqualad joined his father after angry at Tula dying on a mission and Aqualad never telling him who his father is

#31 Posted by StarKiller809 (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved the episode and I hope the some of the other missing characters are still alive and hopefully good guys still. In the preview for next week, there was a woman who looked like Wonder Woman Artemis. Red hair, and a pony tail. I was kinda worried but I think we're good because that would be one good guy to bad guy to much right after each other. 

Really loved the episode. I really liked seeing the mentors with their protege. I really am starting to like the voice actors in their roles and I think that I'm getting over this whole, time jump.

#32 Posted by krspaceT (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrMazz: Possibly he did......@Bestostero said:

@redbird3rdboywonder: very good point, Superboy too managed to get there faster... it makes me think that the shock Aqualad gave to Superboy was actually some sort of intel that they were just acting out, but who knows...

@krspaceT: well Captain Atom had more presence on the comics, i think that now that the main leaguers are out of comission, someone has to take over... you would think Aquaman/Flash would take this role since he's a founding member that isn't on trial...but Captain Atom is awesome too

Um.......Flash as leader.....no. As to Aquaman.......he's a king. He has other problems.

#33 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

@krspaceT: Barry is a very sensible and smart guy, why not?

#34 Posted by krspaceT (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero: The Flash.....has never really shown true leadership capabilities. Look at him with Captain Cold in the first episode. In a more peaceful time, perhaps he could be leader, but with the Light at war with them, you need a tougher leader like Batman or Captain Atom.

Also, catch the Justice League's origins in this episode?

#35 Posted by gerrylum (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@StarKiller809 said:

Loved the episode and I hope the some of the other missing characters are still alive and hopefully good guys still. In the preview for next week, there was a woman who looked like Wonder Woman Artemis. Red hair, and a pony tail. I was kinda worried but I think we're good because that would be one good guy to bad guy to much right after each other. Really loved the episode. I really liked seeing the mentors with their protege. I really am starting to like the voice actors in their roles and I think that I'm getting over this whole, time jump.

The chick with the red hair is Whisper Adaire, who was in an episode last season. She works for Bruno Mannheim.

#36 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

@krspaceT: I definitely give Captain Atom points for being more of a military strategist and tactician due to his background, but Flash is a seasoned member of the League with more field experience.

Godfrey did mention how the league came together didnt he? i think it was similar to the current situation of an alien invasion no?

#37 Posted by WZA (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry hasn't been showed in a while. I wonder why? Makes you think the writers are saving him for another episode and BAM then they suprise us with Wally as the new flash

#38 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

@WZA: eh, i dont know, a lot can be said about the other league members (Dr Fate, Black Canary, Green Arrow, Captain Marvel, etc)

#39 Posted by MasterofChaos (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew Aqualad would be a villain. And really, I don't know if I'm buying the whole "Hid my father's identity from me" thing, but I suppose it's a little better that they added the whole dying thing.

Now, Artemis and Wally.

#40 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterofChaos: And real Roy Harper. lol

#41 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3612 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero: i think that Cal maybe working as an inside man due to the hold setup of trying to figure out just who the Light is

#42 Posted by MasterofChaos (1153 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrMazz said:

OK so M'gaan is brain smashing without having to concentrate much now...and Manhunter didn't seem to notice (though he was busy). Maybe she is just brute forcing it to much?

I totally forgot Ocean Master was part of the Light. New insane theory: Aqualad isn't really evil but a mole so that Batman can get someone close to the light. Maybe he "kills" Artemis (who sounds a lot like the secretary at the Hall of Justice) to get in good with dear old dad and only Batman knows since he is the schemer of the group.It is a long shot but I really wish they could of gotten Billy Dee Williams to voice Black Manta imagine it.

Neptune's Beard Lagoon Boy! You ruined an good scene with your over dramatics...not that Superboys reunion special wasn't over dramatic as well.

It was cool seeing the Superfamiles team up. Seriously though A good chunk of the League going off world gee that sounds like something Savage has planned for.

I don't the theories are too far-fetched, but they've been known to throw curve-balls in the past, think you uncovered a secret conspiracy, get everyone behind it, then--wait, wrong?

I think MM did. Didn't you see the way he glanced outside when the thing started drooling. It took a while, but I think he noticed.

#43 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3612 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrMazz: Wll it seems to me that John and Bats did notice what M'gaan did but just didnt care. Aside from that Lagoon Boy with his whole "angel fish" nickname for her is irritating me

#44 Posted by MasterofChaos (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. And real Roy Harper.

#45 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

If you pay attention, it was pretty much revealed that the "competitor" is The Reach. When the Kroloteans were talking about the "competitor," one of them said that he was attacked by a Competitor Agent earlier. We can guess that this was the same Krolotean who was chased by Bumblebee and Blue Beetle. Since Blue Beetle's scarab is Reach tech, it makes since that the Krolotean would believe Beetle was an agent of The Reach.

#46 Edited by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder: thats a possibility, i said before that i thought he was just infiltrating the bad guys to gather intel on the real Roy, but that seems highly likely as well

@Imagine_Man15: very attentive!!

#47 Posted by Lt_Smash (44 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero: he is talking to his suit bro it is sentient

#48 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3612 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero: Agreed

#49 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lt_Smash said:

@Bestostero: he is talking to his suit bro it is sentient

oh i know that, but i think its hilarious that everyone else on the show is like wtf lol

#50 Posted by RogueOracle (242 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved Wonder Woman. Especially that smile when Wonder Girl brought down one of the machines.

And someone seriously needs to tell Roy that his husband is misbehaving.

Still waiting for Artemis and Wally to show up *taps foot impatiently*.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.