Young Justice 119 "Misplaced" Discussion (spoilers)

#1 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

I really enjoyed this episode! first of all, HURRAY! Zatanna officially joins...although under not so good circumstances...

i was really sad at the end where all the kids reunited with all the adults they care for while Zatana lost hers...i really enjoy the episode, although the team's reaction to Captain Marvel being a kid was disappointing, i was expecting more, something amusing, but it felt rushed and unimportant...oh well, still a solid episode lol

#2 Posted by cracker_jack (220 posts) - - Show Bio

I was underwhelmed.

#3 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

119 O_0

#4 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a great episode, but having the Helmet of Fate as a backup for the second time was a bit of a stretch.  Were they planning to take it on every mission on the off chance they couldn't deal with the local matters?

That aside, the human-ness of the episode was great.  I love how they re-started the whole thing after the first commercial break from the adult perspective.  It kept the episode from turning into a variation of the JLU episode "Kid's Stuff".

#5 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Good episode, seeing the team interacting with littler kids was soooooooooooo CUTE and I cried at the end.

With the thing of Captain Marvel I laughed a bit: The team was like "WTF" and Billy was like "Deal with it b*tches" Also Billy looked extremely CUTE and SWEET

Oh sh*t I missed watching YJ SO BAD.

@cracker_jack said:

I was underwhelmed.

Exactly, mostly for the end look like they want free

and that's so scary. Also at the end was a guy who looked like The Riddler :S

#6 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by not2baad (548 posts) - - Show Bio

glad its back why Saturday morning instead of Friday

#8 Edited by PoachedPig (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow! The episode was awesome. But do they have to use Dr. Fate all the time? Like they used it twice already to save the day, that Helmet is so over-used!

Glad that Zatanna is now part of the team, but the was kinda sad.

----

I just noticed, the Young Justice font (the intro) looks odd...

#9 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah...im sure the helmet of fate will play some big role later...they keep hammering at it, it has to be important...well...it is already, it took Zatara away from Zatanna...

and that was definitely Riddler at the end, it has to be...question mark and green....right? i dont really like his design to be honest...but he's in it lol

and yes! Starro!!! tentacle!

#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33490 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish they had just killed him

#11 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thinking they'll deal more with the reveal of Capt. Marvel being a kid later, though would like to hear their thoughts on the fact that a 12 year old can kick all there asses if he wanted to

#12 Posted by cracker_jack (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedOwl_1 said:

Good episode, seeing the team interacting with littler kids was soooooooooooo CUTE and I cried at the end.

With the thing of Captain Marvel I laughed a bit: The team was like "WTF" and Billy was like "Deal with it b*tches" Also Billy looked extremely CUTE and SWEET

Oh sh*t I missed watching YJ SO BAD.

@cracker_jack said:

I was underwhelmed.

Exactly, mostly for the end look like they want free

and that's so scary. Also at the end was a guy who looked like The Riddler :S

Riddler needs to visit the dentist and get that gap in his teeth fixed.

#13 Edited by haydenclaireheroes (9073 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought this episode was a pretty good episode for the return of the series after so many months of hiatus

#14 Posted by Atari_Graphics (176 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it. I was thinking that the Helmet was a bit of a plot device too, they used it as a magic band aid at times but then again it didn't just fall into their laps, they earned it and why wouldn't you use it if you had it.

i could used more of the team, their wasn't enough Robin or Superboy I thought but solid appearances from Zatanna and Capt Marvel made up for it. Love the human stuff at the end. Written by Greg Wisemen so you knew he was gonna bring his A game. Can't wait til next week.

#15 Posted by Kairan1979 (16758 posts) - - Show Bio

@Atari_Graphics: I doubt they are going to use the Helmet of Nabu again since there is new host.

I'l looking forward to see Rocket again.

#16 Posted by X9 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

That episode sucked ¬¬. Captain Marvel saved it from being too desappointing. It was only useful for Shadows to recover that primitive creature... still, they could have come up with something better planned.

For me, that Helmet trade was just a stupid excuse to keep Zatanna on the team. Talking about her, what is she doing there anyway? Trying to be Robin's romantic partner? Trying to prove herself and "be as good as her father, as a way to get him back"? Cause for me she's doing any of this. The team was good without her and all the episodes she is in are a bit boring. SHE's boring.I guess DC just didn't know what to do with such a poor character so "hell, no one knows who's she, she does absolutely nothing important in comics, so let's put her in a TV series and see if people don't forget her name".

I'm just waiting till Wonder Girl (one of the original team members) to show up. As well as Arrowette, the creators said she'd appear too.

Anyway, I just hope the next episodes lead the story to somewhere (what are villains planning afterall), without that Zatanna's drama. Artemis has a lot more issues to work on burt she's not annoying as the magician. And, please, I hope they cut a possible "I'm here for you" conversation between her and Robin. These forced coulpes are killing me XD

HOWEVER, two details caught my attetion: that heroine who stopped the school bus from falling from the bridge. Who's she? It's the second time she appears. Another thing is that Bette, Barbara and Comissioner Gordon are appering more often. Makes me wonder if they're gonna do someting bigger on the show, later on.

Well...let's wait.

#17 Posted by cattlebattle (12790 posts) - - Show Bio
@X9 said:

That episode sucked ¬¬. Captain Marvel saved it from being too desappointing. It was only useful for Shadows to recover that primitive creature... still, they could have come up with something better planned.

For me, that Helmet trade was just a stupid excuse to keep Zatanna on the team. Talking about her, what is she doing there anyway? Trying to be Robin's romantic partner? Trying to prove herself and "be as good as her father, as a way to get him back"? Cause for me she's doing any of this. The team was good without her and all the episodes she is in are a bit boring. SHE's boring.I guess DC just didn't know what to do with such a poor character so "hell, no one knows who's she, she does absolutely nothing important in comics, so let's put her in a TV series and see if people don't forget her name".

I'm just waiting till Wonder Girl (one of the original team members) to show up. As well as Arrowette, the creators said she'd appear too.

HOWEVER, two details caught my attetion: that heroine who stopped the school bus from falling from the bridge. Who's she? It's the second time she appears. Another thing is that Bette, Barbara and Comissioner Gordon are appering more often. Makes me wonder if they're gonna do someting bigger on the show, later on.

Well...let's wait.

Zatanna is a great character and quite well known among the DC universe and I for one find her to be an interesting member of the team........but, to each his own 

Wonder Girl couldn't appear because of issues with Wonder Woman rights...which have since been resolved, so she might show up in season 2. Where is the source in which you heard Arrowette would show up?? It seems they have too many archers on the show as is and they seemed to have based Artemis on her somewhat

The girl that caught the school bus is Rocket from Milestone comics (same as Static Shock) it appears she will be joining the team according to promo images...
#18 Posted by X9 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I disagree she's a great charater and her performance on YF still hasn't proved me the opposite. But, yes, this could be only my personal opinion speaking (though many agree with it)

I was aware of the issues with Wonder Woman rights, but they have been solved a while ago so I thought she'd appear sooner. About Arrowette, I saw it accidentally in the internet. A report on an interview with one of the show's creators. Artemis character was originally going to be Arrowette, but they chaged it at the last minute. That's why the uniform is similar. According to what was written, she'd show up only once. I read it on May, June of last year, I guess. Anyway, just checking :)

Oh yeah, Rocket! One more "what are you doing here" charater for the show hehe.

Anyway, thanks

#19 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7705 posts) - - Show Bio

Really liked Zatanna's role, and this was just overall a good episode

Marketing wise ti actually makes sense for it to be on Saturday Mornings. There's alot of shows on Friday Nights such as Smackdown, Disney Channel (boys do watch it), etc.

#20 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

SHAZAM!

#21 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

@cracker_jack said:

I was underwhelmed.

I was actually pretty whelmed.

#22 Posted by PrimeDirective (451 posts) - - Show Bio
@Imagine_Man15: Oh, I see what you did there... -_-
#23 Posted by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the part when Billy and "Amber" are flying a plane and Amber was like, "Oh, we'll get there shortly after midnight, which is in a few minutes" (or whatever she said) and then Billy was like "Wait u turn 18? And then she disappears!!" That was funny!!!!!

#24 Posted by RavenDesired (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like Zatanna as Robin's love interest... she's boring. Meh, we'll just have to see where it leads. I was hoping for Starfire to show up at one point. I now have my doubts.

#25 Posted by The Stegman (24481 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle:  

@X9  said: 

Well...let's wait.

Zatanna is a great character and quite well known among the DC universe and I for one find her to be an interesting member of the team........but, to each his own  

Wonder Girl couldn't appear because of issues with Wonder Woman rights...which have since been resolved, so she might show up in season 2. Where is the source in which you heard Arrowette would show up?? It seems they have too many archers on the show as is and they seemed to have based Artemis on her somewhat

The girl that caught the school bus is Rocket from Milestone comics (same as Static Shock) it appears she will be joining the team according to promo images... 
I agree with CattleBattle...Zatanna is my favorite female superheroine as well as being the second best girl on the show (besides Artemis) however now that she is officially apart of the team, she might eventually become more interesting than Artemis. Zatanna is a fantastic character.
#26 Posted by The Stegman (24481 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and by the way, the show itself was pretty darn good, finally Billy Batson gets his time to shine!

#27 Edited by Blowout (217 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: @The Stegman said:

@cattlebattle:

@X9 said:

Well...let's wait.

I agree with CattleBattle...Zatanna is my favorite female superheroine as well as being the second best girl on the show (besides Artemis) however now that she is officially apart of the team, she might eventually become more interesting than Artemis. Zatanna is a fantastic character.

I agree! Zatanna is an awesome addition to the team. The fact that she is the daughter of one of the Leaguers makes for a great storyline. There is a reputation he has on the team with his given specialty, which is difficult to live in the shadow of. She wants to prove herself but she is also young, scared, and insecure. Plus the fact that as her dad, he was disapproving and overbearing makes for an authentic and realistic storyline. AND she ends up loosing him because of her own actions. TRAGIC! I also love her powers. Backward spells sound and look really cool in this show. The episodes she has appeared have been some of the most interesting in the show to me. Red Tornado Family and Secret/Harm. Right out of the comics and with some really serious themes. I really like the creative approach Greg Weisman has taken with her character and the entire show. It is fresh. I agree her love story with Robin is kind of weak, but it is only the beginning. I want to see what happens between them.

I really want to see Wonder Girl in this show as well, but I also hope Zatanna stays for the long haul. The more female characters the better in my opinion!

#28 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

Capt. Marvel was the saving grace of this episode, and I was glad they finally gave CM more screen time in this episode

#29 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11637 posts) - - Show Bio

The best thing about YJ, besides the fact it's an awesome show and that Zatanna is joining, is that Wally still exists in this universe. Which leads me to wish for Wonder girl, Donna, to show up and join.

#30 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably S2.

#31 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

I LOVE Zatanna! She's my favorite female of the group by FAR! I've only recently started to warm up to Artemis, and i flat out find Miss Martian incredibly annoying HELLO MEGAN!... so finally, a female character i like that's on the team!

it also doesn't hurt that Zatanna is voiced by Lacey Chabert <3

#32 Posted by lordgman31 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

it was good but hows that black girl

#33 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordgman31: Rocket

Young Justice
With the team
With Rocket and Red Arrow
#34 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Really sad ending.

#35 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I liked it. I'm really looking forward to a whole episode where Justice Leaguers discuss letting Captain Marvel stay on the League now that they know he's a child. Honestly though I'd be so happy if he joined Young Justice....though they might not be able to get Rob Lowe that often. But with Zatanna now on the team who thinks that the rumors of Wonder Girl joining are not needed now. I like this team grouping. I could stand to see some more part time young heroes though, just so long as they don't join up.

#36 Posted by Joygirl (20003 posts) - - Show Bio

Zatanna is assuredly a fantastic character and always has been. She's funny and cool while still being human and subtle, not a charicature of any personality trait. And now that I know she's voiced by Lacey Chabert... there's just way too much sexy right there. I do wish Riddler sucked less -- the sideburns, gap teeth, and idiotic voice are just one more cruel kick to an already-abused character. YJ has done an even worse job with him than the whelmingly bad fiasco with Brent Spiner Joker. Anywho, good episode, glad to have my fix.

#37 Posted by cattlebattle (12790 posts) - - Show Bio
@Joygirl said:
  YJ has done an even worse job with him than the whelmingly bad fiasco with Brent Spiner Joker. Anywho, good episode, glad to have my fix.
Why is everyone always on about YJ's Joker?? He had like 8 lines in one episode........I get it, he's not Mark Hamill, but I also think it could have been a lot worse.
#38 Posted by gerrylum (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC: Actually, it looks like they sometimes get Rob's brother Chad to voice the character like they did in Secrets, and he's probably a little bit cheaper. ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.