YJ canceled after Endgame?!

#1 Posted by wessaari (612 posts) - - Show Bio

After 3/16/13's episode, and all of the future stories, and drama it entails, why would DC not listen to their fans and continue the show? Is money the only reason, or did Warner Bros wnat to shake up the DC nation line up. Are the new shows a welcome to the fans of YJ or Green Lantern for that matter. If Warner Bros really wanted to showcase their shows, I think they need to either play them more than once a week, especially after 9 am. Is Warner Bros unwillingness to spread their shows around the reason why the money isnt there, or is there something else to it?

Respectful comments only.

#2 Edited by CrimsonCake (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

For some reason, it said new episodes of Green Lantern and Young Justice will premiere next week. Did they forget to take that out?

#3 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (4905 posts) - - Show Bio

Who knows what's going on in their heads. Everyone prepare for Beware the Batman yaaaa I'm trying to get exicted about it.

#4 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2167 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

For some reason, it said new episodes of Green Lantern and Young Justice will premiere next week. Did they forget to take that out?

That just made the sting worse.

DC should just allow Weisman to continue in an Earth-16 book.

#5 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2310 posts) - - Show Bio
@ULTRAstarkiller said:

Who knows what's going on in their heads. Everyone prepare for Beware the Batman yaaaa I'm trying to get exicted about it.

lol I've tried but can't do it, the designs are so bad =_= 
#6 Posted by X9 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

You know why I didn't like that last episode that much...because it felt incomplete. There was definately a third season planned...without it, it was just like... "ok, stay tunned"

#7 Posted by jasontodd7 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9: yes, the producers told that they planned a third season..we can now go and start moaning in cn/dc facebook's and twitters.

I, a big fan of the bat family, don't wanna watch a new batman cartoon. Cause i don't want to remain with the feeling that the story wasn't fully told..

#8 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

This has been discussed in numerous Young Justice canceled threads. I don't think it was DC or WB's decision, it was Cartoon Network's

#9 Posted by jasontodd7 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

ok than.. go and f... cartoon network's facebook page and twitter.

#10 Posted by jon_n7 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

waaaaaaaallyyyyy!!! ;'(

#11 Posted by ptigrusmagus (455 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree about the feelings of a third planned seasons effecting the finale. Young Justice finale felt incomplete. Green Lantern finale felt rushed.

#12 Posted by danhimself (21898 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC said:

This has been discussed in numerous Young Justice canceled threads. I don't think it was DC or WB's decision, it was Cartoon Network's

Cartoon Network is owned by WB

#14 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@PrinceIMC said:

Cartoon Network is owned by WB

But I don't think WB gets to make decisions for the Cartoon Network. WB owns DC and Disney owns Marvel but they don't get to decide which books get published and which don't.

#15 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@ULTRAstarkiller said:

I hope it's sarcasm... I really hope so. With those graphics I'm just excited about when will it end XP

#16 Posted by russia599 (93 posts) - - Show Bio

I still don't get if they're cancelling Young Justice, why leave us with such a cliff hanger?

#17 Posted by naylor11 (57 posts) - - Show Bio

SAVE YOUNG JUSTICE

http://youngjustice.wikia.com/wiki/Young_Justice_Wiki:Save_Young_Justice

#18 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7622 posts) - - Show Bio

@russia599 said:

I still don't get if they're cancelling Young Justice, why leave us with such a cliff hanger?

#19 Posted by csguterres (191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@russia599 said:

The creators of the show didn't know it was going to be cancelled

#20 Posted by Nightwing_Beyond (144 posts) - - Show Bio

There is hope. Jason DeMarco (CN resident $@Ck#$), confirms that DC still owns the rights to Young Justice so, the show can continue elsewhere and a movie to tie up loose ends is possible if CN refuses to pick up the show. Young Justice isn't technically cancelled. It can still be brought back so, the ball is in WB court now since CN doesn't have the balls to air quality programming and let a fanbase grow. Greg Weisman says that since the Veronica Mars movie was green lit, that sets a precident with WB that they approve of Kickstarter projects with their own IP's so, Greg and the rest of the Young Justice team are going to try and take this approach. They've been fighting hard for the show to come back and the best way to help them is to keep talking about the show and not let it fade away. Be sure to take the Christopher Jones' (YJ comic writer) survey found at the YJ wiki. It's official and may provide our beloved creators some much needed clarity to convince the big wigs to bring the show back.

#21 Edited by mikebowman27 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope the series will come back, Young Justice as much as Green Lantern, but the most I hope for Young Justice. My fellow fans, strongly believe that the series will be brought back. YJ is, in my opinion, the best animated series ever and not only in the DC universe. I disagree with the decision of canceling the series. I don't see any reason. It was well rated, had and still has thousands of fans, a great plot, and they even meant to take it to a third season. However, I think they will bring it back either due to the petition or due to the failure of Teen Titans Go. As much as I learned so far about TT go, the series won't consist of too much action, it will focus on the teenage problems of the team(it means it will really suck). The animation style will also suck. Look here's what I mean: teen titans go trailer. Oh God, it pisses me of. There's no way I could watch this series.

If there's going to be a third season of Young Justice, I think(I don't want to give spoilers), they will find Wally in another dimension. And they will bring him back to become the Flash. In that dimesion time might pass twice faster than normally, in order to make him old enough to become the Flash(Wally as the Flash is known in the comics as the fastest man alive, so it has to happen). The time of the action will be 2 or 3 years later than endgame. Nightwing will be back from his vacation, and there will also be Red Robin, and Red Hood and Cyborg and Starfire. There wil also be some flashbacks to the five-year and two or three-year gaps. They will say what happened to Jason Todd in the episode that will have Red Hood as main antagonist. We will see what happened to Tula and how Aqualad decided to becom a mole in Black Mantha's organization.

I've said to much :) !

Just hope I didn't bore you with such a long post.

#22 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Please DC don't cancel the series.....

It was so good overall.I 'll miss YJ.

#23 Posted by DeathandGrim (1928 posts) - - Show Bio

They better continue this series... lol no I'm not accepting Wally's death, that was bullshit, even though it happened to have impulse join permanently, but he left!

And then they showed Darkseid so why would it get cancelled like that? That was straight DBZ...

#24 Posted by xlab3000 (2769 posts) - - Show Bio

Summit is the best episode of Young Justice

Black Beetle: show the proper respect or suffer the consequences

Black Manta: no agreement exist that makes a slave of Black Manta

Black Beetle: no agreement exist that guarantee's the life of Black Manta

Black Manta: Manta guarantee's that himself

#25 Posted by papad1992 (6811 posts) - - Show Bio

There is hope. Jason DeMarco (CN resident $@Ck#$), confirms that DC still owns the rights to Young Justice so, the show can continue elsewhere and a movie to tie up loose ends is possible if CN refuses to pick up the show. Young Justice isn't technically cancelled. It can still be brought back so, the ball is in WB court now since CN doesn't have the balls to air quality programming and let a fanbase grow. Greg Weisman says that since the Veronica Mars movie was green lit, that sets a precident with WB that they approve of Kickstarter projects with their own IP's so, Greg and the rest of the Young Justice team are going to try and take this approach. They've been fighting hard for the show to come back and the best way to help them is to keep talking about the show and not let it fade away. Be sure to take the Christopher Jones' (YJ comic writer) survey found at the YJ wiki. It's official and may provide our beloved creators some much needed clarity to convince the big wigs to bring the show back.

This is good news!!

#26 Edited by SupBatz (1449 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there any word on whether or not the second half of season 2 is going to be released on DVD?
I have the rest of the series and would really hate to have an incomplete set.

#27 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7622 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Go! is on, so its official

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.