Will the real Roy Harper become Arsenal in Young Justice?

#1 Posted by MichaelLight (5 posts) - - Show Bio

The real Roy Harper was saved in episode Bloodlines( ep 6), by Red Arrow and Cheshire. As he doesn't have an arm, do you think he will gain a cyborg arm as in the comics and become Arsenal? And do you think that if this happens, Cyborg is the one who gives Roy the cyborg hand, and so those two would eventually join the team?

PS: That would explain why the clone turned from Speedy straight to Red Arrow without being Arsenal first.

#2 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

The real Roy Harper is much younger than the clone and the rest of the original team at this point...my guess is that he would resume is identity as Speedy

#3 Posted by JohnnyGat (1561 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hoping he ends up more of a civilian though, YJ has more than enough archers.

#4 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyGat said:

I'm hoping he ends up more of a civilian though, YJ has more than enough archers.

right now they don't have any...Artemis and Red Arrow aren't on the team

#5 Posted by JohnnyGat (1561 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@JohnnyGat said:

right now they don't have any...Artemis and Red Arrow aren't on the team

I'm talking about the show in general not just the team. Red Arrow might not be part of the team but he still regularly shows up in episodes and gets significant screen time. As for Artemis she may not be using her archery anytime soon but she's still possibly going to have a role after that Depths episode.

#6 Edited by MichaelLight (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: This would be nice, to have a Speedy in the team, but the designers should change his outfit - the Speedy outfit from the first episode is way too outdated.

#7 Posted by MichaelLight (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: @JohnnyGat: Talking about Artemis, why do you think, that it was necessary to have another infiltrator in Black Mantha's organisation.

#8 Posted by cattlebattle (12284 posts) - - Show Bio

The poster that was released for the Inavasion arc would lead me personally to believe he just becomes Speedy, there is an archer in the group using a compound bow that is not Artemis. Although that poster is considered non-cannon

I suppose the next episode of Young Justice will deal with his fate

#9 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle: Maybe
#10 Posted by cattlebattle (12284 posts) - - Show Bio
@SandMan_ said:
@cattlebattle: Maybe
You know it will happen...stop being skeptical.
#11 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle: Who knows?
#12 Posted by cattlebattle (12284 posts) - - Show Bio
@SandMan_ said:
@cattlebattle: Who knows?
A time traveler I suppose....
#13 Posted by X9 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

The real Roy Harper is much younger than the clone and the rest of the original team at this point...my guess is that he would resume is identity as Speedy

I don't get it. I mean, he would continue to age, despite being kinda frozen.

Though it'd be nice (and less confusing) if he was younger. Clone Roy could finally stop his "I'm just a clone" atitude, as the real Roy would be quite different from him. Age changes interests, abilities, everything :P

And it'd be nice to have Speedy on the show ^^

#14 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda do and don't want him to be involved, he's one of my favorites but it would seem so redundant to have him running around when there's a clone doing the same.

#15 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9 said:

@danhimself said:

Though it'd be nice (and less confusing) if he was younger. Clone Roy could finally stop his "I'm just a clone" atitude, as the real Roy would be quite different from him. Age changes interests, abilities, everything :P

he was held in suspended animation which means no aging

#16 Posted by X9 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@X9 said:

@danhimself said:

Er... ok?

What the hell, I'm tired of trying to see any sienctific sense in comic books/ animated series. It kinda takes the fun away, actually, What will be will be.

#17 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9 said:

@danhimself said:

@X9 said:

@danhimself said:

Er... ok?

What the hell, I'm tired of trying to see any sienctific sense in comic books/ animated series. It kinda takes the fun away, actually, What will be will be.

That's your problem right there, you're trying to make sense of something that has alien beings and super powers and magic...lol

#18 Posted by CrimsonCake (2666 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero said:

@X9 said:

@danhimself said:

@X9 said:

@danhimself said:

Er... ok?

That's your problem right there, you're trying to make sense of something that has alien beings and super powers and magic...lol

That's whats fun!,poking holes in comic book logic and wondering how superheroes would be like if they adhered to real science and physics!Just kidding,All the things you see on these shows are scientifically plausible to an extent if not all the way.Being kept in a suspended animation is a legitimate reason for his lack of growth.

#19 Posted by JohnnyGat (1561 posts) - - Show Bio

@MichaelLight said:

@danhimself: @JohnnyGat: Talking about Artemis, why do you think, that it was necessary to have another infiltrator in Black Mantha's organisation.

I don't think it's specifically just inside Black Manta's organization but more on the Light's organization in general.

#20 Posted by vernierhawk001 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk.

1. I don't think everything is just going to be ok with Red Arrow now.

2. I hope he does become Arsenal....but I would want him to be a bad guy. Thye would have to explain him being 5 years younger than his peers at the time. uggh

#21 Posted by MichaelLight (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@vernierhawk001: The biggest problem will be when Roy awakes and realizes he had missed those years, when the clone was in his place. I think at beginning, just like Superman he will not suffer and he'll avoid getting around his clone. He'll have to deal with a missing arm. Perhaps he'll get a cyborg arm just like in the comics. I guess that for some episodes, until something important for him happens, he will be a little lonely and reserved towards his mates( if he'll be in the team). The most possible is that he will be Green Arrow's sidekick as he needs training.

#22 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

SPOILERS, JACK*SS

F*ck. 
#23 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Once wasn't enough.  

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!

#24 Posted by MichaelLight (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll pretend you didn't call me a Jackass, if this was for me.

#25 Posted by X9 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

@Bestostero said:

@X9 said:

@danhimself said:

@X9 said:

@danhimself said:

Er... ok?

That's whats fun!,poking holes in comic book logic and wondering how superheroes would be like if they adhered to real science and physics!Just kidding,All the things you see on these shows are scientifically plausible to an extent if not all the way.Being kept in a suspended animation is a legitimate reason for his lack of growth.

Hum, guys... I think you misunderstood me. I said that trying to find sientific logic in comics and animated series takes a bit of the fun away. Of course it's nice when I find out something I read in comics is actually possible in real life, but I don't mind the absurds, as long as they make sense in the story.

With 23 years-old or 16, Roy Harper is probably going to join the team and I bet it'll be great!

#26 Posted by papad1992 (6815 posts) - - Show Bio

How about the real Roy finds disgust in all of this, runs away, falls into the wrong hands, and then joins up with Match and becomes a villain!!

#27 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you mean current Arsenal or Arsenal from the Outsiders series?

#28 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd think the clone would become Arsenal to create his own identity separate from the real Red Arrow.

#29 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7622 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by soduh2 (856 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you think the relationship between the two Roys will be like? Especially since the real Roy (Arsenal) doesn't blame the clone (Red Arrow) for him being cloned.

#31 Posted by emad_ishtiaque (338 posts) - - Show Bio

It appears so.

#32 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7622 posts) - - Show Bio

He already did

#33 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1491 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: Your wrong bro:)

#34 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1491 posts) - - Show Bio

@soduh2: You should make that a thread.

#35 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7622 posts) - - Show Bio

Lock this thread

Roy became Arsenal

#36 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

@soduh2 said:

What do you think the relationship between the two Roys will be like? Especially since the real Roy (Arsenal) doesn't blame the clone (Red Arrow) for him being cloned.

Older Brother and Young Brother.

#37 Posted by _Lucifer_ (97 posts) - - Show Bio

In the latest episode he announces he's becoming arsenal.

#38 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7622 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Lucifer_ said:

In the latest episode he announces he's becoming arsenal.
#39 Posted by Crackdown (533 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there any concept art for Arsenal so far?

#40 Posted by darktiger (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah he will be on the team

#41 Posted by Supermansito (196 posts) - - Show Bio

He became Arsenal :)

#42 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7622 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supermansito said:

He became Arsenal :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.