Follow

Young Justice

Team » Young Justice appears in 269 issues.

Young Justice started as another legacy team consisting of a generation of sidekicks younger than the original Teen Titans lineup. Like the Teen Titans, they would eventually increase membership beyond sidekicks and make a name for themselves beyond their mentors.

Why is Wondergirl not in the Young Justice series?

star notes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By star notes

She's supposed to be one of the first 3 females to join the team.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By BatteredArmor

legal issues I think

saturnssailor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By saturnssailor

It isn't cannon. The other two main females aren't in YJ, They've switched Robin and KF to their predecessors, etc. As BlackArmor said it could be legal issues though. She was meant to Cameo in Teen Titans, but legal issues is why she didn't. That was about a decade ago though.

star notes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By star notes

@saturnssailor said:

It isn't cannon. The other two main females aren't in YJ, They've switched Robin and KF to their predecessors, etc. As BlackArmor said it could be legal issues though. She was meant to Cameo in Teen Titans, but legal issues is why she didn't. That was about a decade ago though.

I think the legal issues is just an excuse to exclude her from the show Artemis is basically Arrowette they basically want a diversity in terms of powers so they put Miss Martian. This also happened in teen titans we have Starfire instead of Donna.

tiger26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tiger26

the same reason she wasnt in the teen titans show legal issues they wanted her in but legal issue i forget why

MasterofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MasterofChaos

Various reasons, possibly. Maybe they just didn't want to. Could've been legal, like why beta ray bill was in planet hulk instead of surfer. Maybe they want her in later?

Afro_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Afro_Warrior

@star notes:

It's not an excuse. Their were legal issue's preventing her from being in the show, just like in Teen Titans.The exact reason for the rights issues are unknown. But she had been prevented from appearing in Teen Titans, Smallville, Batman Beyond and other show shows becuase of these issues.

However none of that really matters anymore, since Greg Weissman has since stated that those legal issues have been resolved, and that she is free to appear in the show. Whether or not she will appear this season or next is another question. Although it's unlikely she will appear this season, since numerous episodes of YJ had already been completed by the time the rights issues were resolved.

star notes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By star notes

@Afro_Warrior said:

@star notes:

It's not an excuse. Their were legal issue's preventing her from being in the show, just like in Teen Titans.The exact reason for the rights issues are unknown. But she had been prevented from appearing in Teen Titans, Smallville, Batman Beyond and other show shows becuase of these issues.

However none of that really matters anymore, since Greg Weissman has since stated that those legal issues have been resolved, and that she is free to appear in the show. Whether or not she will appear this season or next is another question. Although it's unlikely she will appear this season, since numerous episodes of YJ had already been completed by the time the rights issues were resolved.

I wonder what are those legal issues? Isn't she owned by DC why would they have problems with their own property.

Afro_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Afro_Warrior

@star notes:

Nobody can be quite sure, since nobody commenting on the issue works for DC and those who do probably aren't allowed to comment on legal precedings. But the general consensus appears to be that their was some obscure clause in her licensing agreement which prevented Wonder characters from appearing in any show where they were not the star character. They got away with it in Justice League by claiming she was the star in an ensemble.

To me that theory sounds likely since it explains the lack of cameo's for DC's third most famous character.

star notes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By star notes

@Afro_Warrior: Then they should make Wondergirl appear. I always had the feeling that DC is holding back the Wonder family all of the sidekicks of the Justice League had appeared except for WW and she doesn't even have a speaking cameo in the YJ series while Zatarra had.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Bestostero

Licensing issues...or so says wiki lol

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Hazlenaut

You would think they would try to promote Wonder Woman characters since they are obscure and they are in need of a reboot and depth big time.

ChadwickDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ChadwickDavis

@BlackArmor:

Actially from what I've read online, the legal issues have been lifted recently and Wonder Girl is "implied" to be one of the new team members.

Beast boy was also "implied" and Zatanna (teenage version) showed up in I believe episode 15 with a passive hint that she would be joining as well.

star notes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By star notes

@Hazlenaut said:

You would think they would try to promote Wonder Woman characters since they are obscure and they are in need of a reboot and depth big time.

Miss Martian and Artemis are obscure too they only become popular due to the show.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Not another Wonder Girl topic. People need to get over Wonder Girl because all the people who are begging for her to be on the show will complain if she's not what they wish for.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Jnr6Lil said:

Not another Wonder Girl topic. People need to get over Wonder Girl because all the people who are begging for her to be on the show will complain if she's not what they wish for.

I agree, I suppose when they do use Wonder Girl (I think they are going to) I hope its Cass, I feel like to many characters have black hair and blue eyes(Superboy, Robin,Zatanna)...Its like an emo convention or something
    Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Aero_gt

Oh well the show is by far the best in Dc cartoons featuring teens as the main protagonist.(Justice League/unlimited are still the best due to the length of shows, quality of known heroes/villians and quantity of non popular characters that got a chance to get in on the fun.) From what Zatanna brings to the team I'd rather have her than a boring wonder woman gimmick char.

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By CrimsonAvenger

@star notes:

She might be in Season Two but as for season one, she will not be in it due to legal reasons. They already have all the episodes for Season One completed and all the scripts were completed when the character was unavailable. However soon after the show went on the air, she was able to be used but they already wrote all the scripts so they ended up not being able to user her. As for whether or not she will ever be on the show; that has yet to be announced.

YoggSaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By YoggSaron

@cattlebattle: Well black hair and blue eyes is pretty much the most popular hair/eye color combination in comics. :P Which is strange because black hair isn't a very common hair color among white people in real life.

I also hope it's Cassie that will show up. Especially since there seems to be some Jean Grey-ish plot going on. Miss Martian might not live to see season 2.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cattlebattle
    @YoggSaron said:

@cattlebattle: Well black hair and blue eyes is pretty much the most popular hair/eye color combination in comics. :P Which is strange because black hair isn't a very common hair color among white people in real life.

I also hope it's Cassie that will show up. Especially since there seems to be some Jean Grey-ish plot going on. Miss Martian might not live to see season 2.

Yea, LOL, I guess it is pretty common in comics, more so in DC I think than Marvel.....Hell, the whole Bat family (males primarily) look like their related...even my avatar :)

The Jean Grey comparison has been made after the recent episode.....I think its cool, funny, thing, from what I understand they originally wanted to use Wonder Girl, they couldn't, so I think Miss M was her substitute...I am starting to believe, like you, there maybe a Phoenix Saga like storyline ending with her death.
    Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21  Edited By Hazlenaut

@star notes: true, they also have allot to work with using Miss Martian and Artemis.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I heard she might join the team later on in the series.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PowerHerc

I don't know, but she should be.

LightBright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24  Edited By LightBright

I honestly can't see Cassie fitting into this incarnation of Young Justice. She was a great addition in the comics, but without Arrowette (the real one) to be her bestie and foil, she'd stick out painfully. Her character from the comics has kind of been folded into Miss Martian (though Megan is far more ditzy). At this point I'd prefer Zatanna to join the team full time. 

Cass was innocent and charming in that way. She was the heart of the team in the comics and I just don't see her needed in the show. Her position has been filled and other than some fan service, she wouldn't really improve on anything that's already there. Love her to bits, but she's not necessary. 

star notes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By star notes

@LightBright said:

I honestly can't see Cassie fitting into this incarnation of Young Justice. She was a great addition in the comics, but without Arrowette (the real one) to be her bestie and foil, she'd stick out painfully. Her character from the comics has kind of been folded into Miss Martian (though Megan is far more ditzy). At this point I'd prefer Zatanna to join the team full time. Cass was innocent and charming in that way. She was the heart of the team in the comics and I just don't see her needed in the show. Her position has been filled and other than some fan service, she wouldn't really improve on anything that's already there. Love her to bits, but she's not necessary.

They should add cass how will any of WW sidekicks be popular if none of them appear in other media.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By XLR87T3

@LightBright: I agree, though I would rather replace Captain Marvel with Captain Marvel Jr., and fix Superboy's abusive tendacies. :D

LightBright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27  Edited By LightBright
    @star notes: I'm not sure how that relates to my point. I don't doubt adding Cass would make her popular, I just don't see where she fits into the show at the moment. The dynamic of the team in the comics worked, and so does that of the team in the show. They're just built differently. 

@XLR87T3: I love Billy so much, though! He's adorable. xP
    Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@LightBright said:

I honestly can't see Cassie fitting into this incarnation of Young Justice. She was a great addition in the comics, but without Arrowette (the real one) to be her bestie and foil, she'd stick out painfully. Her character from the comics has kind of been folded into Miss Martian (though Megan is far more ditzy). At this point I'd prefer Zatanna to join the team full time. Cass was innocent and charming in that way. She was the heart of the team in the comics and I just don't see her needed in the show. Her position has been filled and other than some fan service, she wouldn't really improve on anything that's already there. Love her to bits, but she's not necessary.
    Evil_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Evil_Dog

Wondergirl should appear in other episodes helping the team in their missions but not as a full member.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Afro_Warrior said:

@star notes:

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By feargalr

More then likely legal issues.... on one hand Im like there should be a young version of batman, superman, flash, wonder woman and green lantern (but thats not going to happen) on a young justice team but on the flip side with wonder girl and superboy they'd be a pretty powerful team...

I wanna see more of the grown up justice league in this universe and what they're up to... hopefully if the show is successful this could be the beginning of a whole new DCAU :)

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Well Kyle Rayner could be a kid GL

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.