Follow

Young Justice

Team » Young Justice appears in 269 issues.

Young Justice started as another legacy team consisting of a generation of sidekicks younger than the original Teen Titans lineup. Like the Teen Titans, they would eventually increase membership beyond sidekicks and make a name for themselves beyond their mentors.

Who here think Young Justice could be as big as Justice League

soccersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By soccersss

When Young Justice initially came out i was very hesitant. This team is very different from the original young justice team.The characters weren't very similar to their comic counterparts. Superboy has no tactile telekinesis (my fav power of his). M'gann catchphrase and robins play on words got annoying pretty quick. Speedy annoying emo attitude in the earlier episodes. Nevertheless Speedy has truly grown into a superhero in his own right as he finally acknowledges and respect the team in episode 10. Nevertheless the introduction of Artemis really kick-started this show. Artemis as well as robin have proven to be the my favorite character in the show so far. She has a mysterious past that adds so much to the show and the recent revelation that Cheshire is her sister really got me hooked. Artemis and Robin's crowning moment of awesomeness was in the last ep when they were trying to survive a ambush in their cave that saw the other super-powered members captured. One particular scene impressed me and it really made me think the show can go on longer than Justice League

Artemis: What do we do now?

Robin: We save them. That's how it works.

Artemis: Maybe that's how it's supposed to work, but those robots already took out our four super-powered friends.

Robin: You seem distraught.

Artemis: M'gann is dying. We have no powers and I'm down to my last arrow. Of course I'm distraught!

Robin: Well, get traught or get dead.

Artemis: How can you be so calm?

Robin: Practice. I've been doing this since I was 9.

In this scene we see Artemis inexperience, (she does come up good in the end) as well as why robin even without any powers of his own can hold his own against the baddest villains. Then again he has been trained by the best Batman.

Apart from Robin and Artems the other Young Justice team members have come a long way. All the characters are being developed nicely. They have all had their moment in the sun. From Aqualad helping save Atlantis to kid flash putting on Dr. Fate's helmet. This is a positive sign as we get a feel that everyone is important and they can all pull their weight.

Another reason why this show would be awesome is its potentially amazing villains. So far we have seen glimpses of Lex Luthor, Ras Al Ghul that suggests they have a huge role to play in future episodes as well as other villains such as Cheshire, Amazo, Black Mantha, Bane, Brick etc. These villains have proven to be more than worthy opponents of young justice.

Although it took a lil while to get the show going, I'm totally feeling Young Justice and I'm finally relived that once again we have good superhero tv shows still playing on television.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BatteredArmor

It's good but not in Justice Leagues's......well......League

soccersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By soccersss

well obviously not yet but from what i am seeing in recent episodes. It has the potential to become just as big as Justice League especially if they get some cool new members like Wonder girl

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By cattlebattle
    @BlackArmor said:

It's good but not in Justice Leagues's......well......League

rubbish, its like comparing apples and oranges, JL was primarily an action show where YJ plays a lot on the characters, not just them as heroes but also them as teenagers adapting to a team enviroment
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BatteredArmor

@cattlebattle:

but other than the stereotypical Miss Martian having a crush on Superboy thing they haven't really talked about them being teenagers or have done anything other than in the first episode that an inexperienced adult couldn't be potrayed as doing without it being weird. their age hasn't been really all that important. Other than that it's just my opinion that its not nearly as good and the only reason i would agree that they can't be compared is because in my mind Justice League was just so much better

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By TheCrowbar

It's too soon to tell to be perfectly honest.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cattlebattle
    @BlackArmor said:

@cattlebattle:

but other than the stereotypical Miss Martian having a crush on Superboy thing they haven't really talked about them being teenagers or have done anything other than in the first episode that an inexperienced adult couldn't be potrayed as doing without it being weird. their age hasn't been really all that important. Other than that it's just my opinion that its not nearly as good and the only reason i would agree that they can't be compared is because in my mind Justice League was just so much better

Sure JL was an epic show, one of my faves, but its an entirely different kind of show than YJ is. Them being teenagers i most certainly a huge part of the show. The theme of the show thrives on them being quick acting, argumentative, inexperienced and emotional, much like real teenagers. It also keeps a more realistic and practical tone. JL was primarily about the heroes jetting off to fight evil with good character development but you never really felt sewn into these characters lives.
    Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I think Young Justice is a great show and you never know it could be on Justice League statis and the series goes on.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BatteredArmor

@cattlebattle:

I'm actually still in highschool and i know there are some kids like that and some that aren't and excluding robin who i believe has the charecteristics of someone in middle school (in a good way no insult to the charecter) I've also met adults and even college proffesors (dad works at a college) who share these traits. don't get me wrong they certienally do or at least can come off as tean agers alot of the time but have of the things you described could easily go for unexperienced superhuman adults who haven't had there powers for long. I do think it's a good show i do enjoy it but i certinally can compare it to Justice league (i'd like to review a couple episodes first to prepare a case) and it's just my opinion that it falls short in comparison theres nothing wrong with the show and i agree that they certinally diffrent but it just dosn't stack up in my eyes if it does in yours good for you but it doesn't for me

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Deranged Midget

Young Justice is a completely different show but I love them both so far.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cattlebattle
    @BlackArmor said:

@cattlebattle:

I'm actually still in highschool and i know there are some kids like that and some that aren't and excluding robin who i believe has the charecteristics of someone in middle school (in a good way no insult to the charecter) I've also met adults and even college proffesors (dad works at a college) who share these traits. don't get me wrong they certienally do or at least can come off as tean agers alot of the time but have of the things you described could easily go for unexperienced superhuman adults who haven't had there powers for long. I do think it's a good show i do enjoy it but i certinally can compare it to Justice league (i'd like to review a couple episodes first to prepare a case) and it's just my opinion that it falls short in comparison theres nothing wrong with the show and i agree that they certinally diffrent but it just dosn't stack up in my eyes if it does in yours good for you but it doesn't for me

You can compare it all you want, the only thing similar about the shows is that it has some of the same characters
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BatteredArmor

@cattlebattle:

that's your opinion and i respect it i just don't agree

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cattlebattle
    @BlackArmor:   :)
    tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By tonis

I 'hope' it is as big as the JL cartoon was. If not bigger.

It's definitely the best example of a team based super hero cartoon out there.

Can't really say how it relates to any comic version though as I haven't read anything on them but I do really like the tv series direction and how it's been handled there for sure. :)

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By PowerHerc

Not me.

I like the show but it'll never match, let alone top, Justice League.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By difficlus

@Deranged Midget said:

Young Justice is a completely different show but I love them both so far.

this

Roldan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Roldan

I hope people remember that Justice League didn't start of great. The first season was mostly hit or miss. It wasn't until we got in to the second season that we started to get great episodes. Yeah and that 6-month hiatus really ruined the momentum it was getting but as long as they keep showing out those episodes, I'm sure it can be just as great. Also we still haven't gotten to the episodes that Peter David wrote which i know will be the highlight of the season.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Manchine

I think its a lot better then Justice at least compared to its first season.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

it very well could be...if it stays strong, i think Earth's mightiest heroes could achieve JL status faster though

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#20  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Not yet. It needs to get more serious. 

@The Stegman said:

it very well could be...if it stays strong, i think Earth's mightiest heroes could achieve JL status faster though
    It has a loooooong way to go. Too kiddy.
    TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @The Stegman said:
    No it can't. It doesn't push on the censors as hard as JL did.
    the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @JediXMan:  

@TheCrowbar

well actually i think Avengers had a MUCH stronger start than JL did, the first season of JL was kinda weak imo, i think if Avengers keeps it up and stretches a bit more, it could do it
    JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#23  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
    @TheCrowbar said:
    @The Stegman said:
    This is really what it comes down to. Justice League was a show for teens/adults that kids could enjoy. Avengers is a show for kids which adults could enjoy. 

Justice League appeals to me much more.
    soccersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By soccersss
    @TheCrowbar

Young Justice is a relatively new show so it cant yet be compared to Justice League but to deny it has the potential to reach JL heights if not exceed is ridiculous. Another thing that should be taken into consideration is that Young Justice is a covert operation team not a public superhero team like Justice League so it def not going to be an all out action show like Justice League was. If you are looking for a good all action show currently on then Avengers: EMT is pretty good. Young Justice has already showed some encouraging plot telling something that took Justice League a while to find. Another thing that should be taken into a consideration is we are seeing the world through a bunch of super-powered or really skilled teenagers. As a result we are seeing their struggles as they grow up into full fledged superheroes as well as adults. Young Justice has shown its potential to appeal to a more mature audience as well as a younger audience. The whole Artemis struggling to fight for justice even though most of her family are criminals as well as Aqualad realizing the great possibility that there is a traitor among them are already developing into mature story lines, something that adults could easily follow and appreciate.

All in all is too early to claim Young Justice can’t be as good as Justice League especially with the huge potential it is showing.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By Hazlenaut

Justice league had batman the animated series and superman the animated series connecting with it. It also had Batman Beyond as well. That being said it is a little unfair for young justice since Justice League had continuity going for it.

not2baad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By not2baad

I hope it last longer Cartoon Network like Fox seems to cut a popular show really fast.

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Postacrat

@soccersss said:

@TheCrowbar:

Young Justice is a relatively new show so it cant yet be compared to Justice League but to deny it has the potential to reach JL heights if not exceed is ridiculous. Another thing that should be taken into consideration is that Young Justice is a covert operation team not a public superhero team like Justice League so it def not going to be an all out action show like Justice League was. If you are looking for a good all action show currently on then Avengers: EMT is pretty good. Young Justice has already showed some encouraging plot telling something that took Justice League a while to find. Another thing that should be taken into a consideration is we are seeing the world through a bunch of super-powered or really skilled teenagers. As a result we are seeing their struggles as they grow up into full fledged superheroes as well as adults. Young Justice has shown its potential to appeal to a more mature audience as well as a younger audience. The whole Artemis struggling to fight for justice even though most of her family are criminals as well as Aqualad realizing the great possibility that there is a traitor among them are already developing into mature story lines, something that adults could easily follow and appreciate.

All in all is too early to claim Young Justice can’t be as good as Justice League especially with the huge potential it is showing.

I agree with you totally, although I personally feel story wise and art wise it is superior to Avengers EMH. I enjoy the characters a lot more.

soccersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By soccersss
    @Postacrat said:

@soccersss said:

@TheCrowbar:

I agree with you totally, although I personally feel story wise and art wise it is superior to Avengers EMH. I enjoy the characters a lot more.

I agree character-wise and plot wise Young Justice is def superior but its not an all action show like Avengers EMH which is i why i prefer Young Justice to Avengers
    Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By Loki9876

it's fun but it's weird to see dick so young IMO but i like the cartoon there are two things that bugs me the robin-laugh and miss martian's catchphrase but that are details.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Loki9876 said:

it's fun but it's weird to see dick so young IMO but i like the cartoon there are two things that bugs me the robin-laugh and miss martian's catchphrase but that are details.

well, in all fairness Robin has been called a "laughing daredevil" so I think they are just playing up on that, Miss Martians Hello Meagan line is very important to her character as she based her whole identity off the Television show where the main character (Meagan) says it in the same manner (when something dons upon her) It is a bit overused though
    TheOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By TheOptimist

While I'd love to answer the question, I'm not really sure that I can say it with much personal authority... so much of my strong positive association with Justice League comics comes from the time at which it hit, both against my chronological age and the events of the time.

I think the real success and lasting value of opinions upon the show will come from those who are substantially younger than I am now.

I like it quite a lot, but I'm not at the proper point of development for the show to resonate optimally with me.

soccersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By soccersss
    @Loki9876 said:

Dont forget robin's play with words every episode
    Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Postacrat

@soccersss said:

@Postacrat said:

@soccersss said:

@TheCrowbar:

I agree character-wise and plot wise Young Justice is def superior but its not an all action show like Avengers EMH which is i why i prefer Young Justice to Avengers

Oh yeah and I like the guest appearances better too. Captain Marvel was in this recent one and it was cool, and it's always cool to see Batman. He's definitely like a boss in of the whole thing...

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@TheCrowbar said:

It's too soon to tell to be perfectly honest.
    Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@TheCrowbar said:

@The Stegman said:
    it very well could be...if it stays strong, i think Earth's mightiest heroes could achieve JL status faster though

Yeah JL & JLU were some deep shows, Shayera and John weren't that far from having sex (not literally)

KingofMadCows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By KingofMadCows

It's kind of difficult to judge since you can't really separate Justice League from the rest of the DCAU. When you're watching JL, you're always reminded of awesome things from Batman: TAS or Superman: TAS or Batman Beyond, especially if you grew up watching those shows and you have those voice actors ingrained in your mind as the voices of those characters.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jnr6Lil

It's too early to tlel if it can become as big as JL, We don't know yet if its ready to cross that line and go deep like JL did

Also Speedy isn't an annoying prick, Remember this is a guy who's spent years with Green Arrow, knows the ins, outs and secrets of the JL and is only given a tour of the Hall of Justice.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.