Who are the runaways?

#1 Posted by herrweis (433 posts) - - Show Bio

Besides Static..and Tye becoming "Apache Chief" who are the others?The way the last episode ended I almost want to call them the Outsiders.

#2 Posted by BlackWind (6351 posts) - - Show Bio

Virgil = Black Vulcan

Tye = Apache Chief

Eduardo = El Dorado

Asami = Samurai

They were trying to make them a less stereotypical version of those characters.

#3 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6898 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked them. Seriously, the writers know how to handle these unknown underused characters so much better than DC comics.

#4 Posted by SupBatz (1734 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind said:

Virgil = Black Vulcan

Tye = Apache Chief

Eduardo = El Dorado

Asami = Samurai

Virgil is just Static, no?

@MadeinBangladesh said:

I really liked them. Seriously, the writers know how to handle these unknown underused characters so much better than DC comics.

Agreed. They've had such little screen time yet I feel like I'm more acquainted with them than I am a lot of the team members introduced at the start of season 2.

#5 Posted by BlackWind (6351 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupBatz: Yes, but Virgil is meant to be a stand in for Black Vulcan. But he is indeed his own character.

Those characters were meant to add ethnic diversity to the show, but they ended up looking stereotypical.

#6 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind said:

Virgil = Black Vulcan

Tye = Apache Chief

Eduardo = El Dorado

Asami = Samurai

#7 Posted by JakeN7 (12451 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind said:

@SupBatz: Yes, but Virgil is meant to be a stand in for Black Vulcan. But he is indeed his own character.

Those characters were meant to add ethnic diversity to the show, but they ended up looking stereotypical.

I don't think I agree with you about Virgil being Black Vulcan. Black Vulcan himself was just a stand-in for Black Lightning on the Super Friends show (Black Lightning couldn't be used due to a legal dispute I believe.) Black Lightning and Static Shock are both different characters altogether. Virgil has the same name, color scheme, and powers as Static Shock. I realize that the other characters are teammates of Black Vulcan, but I think that's where the evidence of Virgil being a stand-in for Black Vulcan end. The only similarities the characters share are that they are both black, and have electricity or lightning based powers. But then again, Young Justice takes place in a continuity completely stand-alone and separate from the mainstream. Hell, they split up Red Arrow and Arsenal into 2 different characters! So maybe Virgil is more of an amalgamation of Black Vulcan and Static Shock.

#8 Posted by BlackWind (6351 posts) - - Show Bio

@JakeN7: No, what I meant was, Virgil is the stand in black guy with electric powers.

#9 Posted by JakeN7 (12451 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind said:

@JakeN7: No, what I meant was, Virgil is the stand in black guy with electric powers.

Oh ok. Yeah, that makes sense.

#10 Posted by herrweis (433 posts) - - Show Bio

Im not asking who they represent from the old superfriends cartoon,who are they?do they exist outside of the cartoon(not talking about static)

#11 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13157 posts) - - Show Bio

@herrweis said:

Im not asking who they represent from the old superfriends cartoon,who are they?do they exist outside of the cartoon(not talking about static)

not. they dont. some have analogues but thats it.

#12 Edited by Fallen_Crippled (6455 posts) - - Show Bio

They should be brought into comics. All of them. Not a huge fan of the teleporting guy, but I enjoy them all.

#13 Posted by Atari_Graphics (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fallen_Crippled: Are you kidding, when he went over the ledge on his skateboard and then teleported behind that group of guards and tossed them over was brilliant!

#14 Posted by Oscars94 (2519 posts) - - Show Bio

Virgil was Static Shock. Oh childhood, welcome back :)

#15 Posted by Fallen_Crippled (6455 posts) - - Show Bio

@Atari_Graphics said:

@Fallen_Crippled: Are you kidding, when he went over the ledge on his skateboard and then teleported behind that group of guards and tossed them over was brilliant!

I actually enjoyed that scene. However, I am just not a very big fan of him. I feel like everyone else has a power that can stand out, or is just unique with their personalities. Eduardo (I believe is the name of the teleporting guy) doesn't stand out as much as the others to me. I do like him, just not as much as the others.

#16 Posted by Black_Claw (2988 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see the runaways get their own comic, especially since Static's book got cancelled.

#17 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7705 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is the white bald guy that didn't want to escape the facility with them.

#18 Posted by Perfect 10 (1060 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil: neutron, the villain from the episode with the three flashes (impulse, flash, jay garrick)

#19 Posted by judasnixon (6584 posts) - - Show Bio

Joan Jett, Lita Ford, Cherie Currie, Sandy West, and Jackie Fox......

#20 Posted by not2baad (548 posts) - - Show Bio

@Perfect 10:four flashes you forgot Wally or kid flash @judasnixon said:

Joan Jett, Lita Ford, Cherie Currie, Sandy West, and Jackie Fox......

lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.