What new tv show should we watch during the summer??

#1 Posted by RineUp (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know what tv shows to watch this summer

maybe Korra but I don't know if it will continue in the summer

tell me guys what are you watching

#2 Posted by cattlebattle (12989 posts) - - Show Bio

All shows with the exception of Avengers are over for the summer... if were talking cartoons

Breaking Bad returns July 15th, if we're talking those shows

#3 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing. There's absolutely nothing to watch now. Everything is on break lol

Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes will conclude soon with it's final season, i think its on break right now but it should return soon, and I think season two of Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated is gonna come up soon though, i think that will be the only thing i'll watch.

#4 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

Whatever you want. It's your summer

#5 Posted by _Zombie_ (10455 posts) - - Show Bio

Like Cattle said, if we're not talking just cartoons here, you're good. Alphas is returning on July 23rd, so I'm going to be watching that.

#6 Posted by cattlebattle (12989 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah, I forgot, Futurama returned for another season...

#7 Posted by cattlebattle (12989 posts) - - Show Bio
@ZombieBigfoot: what is Alphas??
#8 Posted by _Zombie_ (10455 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: Quoting the wikipedia, this is the basic description: "The series follows a group of people with superhuman abilities, known as "Alphas", as they work to prevent crimes committed by other Alphas."

It's a pretty good show. The first season was strong and fun to watch.

#9 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

Futurama! completely forgot about that,i watched the premiere too.

#10 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

there's also Tron Legacy, but I don't think anyone actually likes that...

#11 Posted by cattlebattle (12989 posts) - - Show Bio
@ZombieBigfoot said:

@cattlebattle: Quoting the wikipedia, this is the basic description: "The series follows a group of people with superhuman abilities, known as "Alphas", as they work to prevent crimes committed by other Alphas."

It's a pretty good show. The first season was strong and fun to watch.

Ahhhh....sounds like Heroes. I think I may have heard of it actually, what channel does it come on?
#12 Posted by _Zombie_ (10455 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: Syfy. And it's a lot more like X-Men, surprisingly enough.

#13 Posted by cattlebattle (12989 posts) - - Show Bio
@ZombieBigfoot said:

@cattlebattle: Syfy. And it's a lot more like X-Men, surprisingly enough.

Really?? Must watch then.....
#14 Posted by _Zombie_ (10455 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: From what I'm hearing, there'll be a timeskip, so even if you don't watch season 1 you probably won't be too confused. I'd still recommend trying to watch the first season, though.

#15 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot said:

Like Cattle said, if we're not talking just cartoons here, you're good. Alphas is returning on July 23rd, so I'm going to be watching that.

Oh yeah, I watched that for a while it was pretty good, I never caught the episodes and forgot it existed after a while though, I guess I have to catch up with it through the net.

@cattlebattle said:

What did you think of the first to episodes?

#16 Posted by cattlebattle (12989 posts) - - Show Bio
@ZombieBigfoot said:

@cattlebattle: From what I'm hearing, there'll be a timeskip, so even if you don't watch season 1 you probably won't be too confused. I'd still recommend trying to watch the first season, though.

Do you know where I can watch the first season on the internet?? because I doubt I be able will catch it from the beginning
#17 Posted by cattlebattle (12989 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor said:

@cattlebattle said:

I didn't see them unfortunately, I read some reviews that they were pretty good

#18 Edited by _Zombie_ (10455 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: I'd recommend it. It ends on a pretty epic note.

@cattlebattle: Can't say I do, sorry. I don't usually watch shows online so I'm not the person to ask.

#19 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@BlackArmor said:

@cattlebattle said:

I didn't see them unfortunately, I read some reviews that they were pretty good

It was two episodes, one where Bender has a kid with a soda machine and another where they poking fun of all the End of the World rumors, they were pretty good.

#20 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: I enjoyed them, the first one was more comedy centric and the second was really more focused on character development

#21 Posted by cattlebattle (12989 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor said:

@cattlebattle: I enjoyed them, the first one was more comedy centric and the second was really more focused on character development

I haven't really seen the show as much since it comes on Comedy Central, some people think it lost its magic.
#22 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: I'd say that it's not quite as funny and that they're not sure what to do with some stuff like they obviously don't know where to go with Fry and Lela's relationship but it's still pretty good, better than allot of other stuff on TV at least

#23 Posted by cattlebattle (12989 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor said:

@cattlebattle: I'd say that it's not quite as funny and that they're not sure what to do with some stuff like they obviously don't know where to go with Fry and Lela's relationship but it's still pretty good, better than allot of other stuff on TV at least

Yeah, well in shows like that they keep relationships and things like that open ended forever in some case, shows like Family Guy and The Simpsons have serious character development in one episode and then its like nothing happened a couple of episodes later...Futurama does have more continuity though
#24 Posted by X9 (765 posts) - - Show Bio

: It's summer, buddy, go have some fun outside. Why do you need to ask about TV shows when you have sun, beach, free days and friends?! Haha.

And there'll be any animated series with new episodes till August, September. But you can still count on YouTube to check your favorite episodes so far :P

#25 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7906 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully I'll get around the Game of Thrones season 2 and The Avengers cartoons, only seen a handful so far

#26 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@BlackArmor said:

Yeah, well in shows like that they keep relationships and things like that open ended forever in some case, shows like Family Guy and The Simpsons have serious character development in one episode and then its like nothing happened a couple of episodes later...Futurama does have more continuity though

True, but at least Futurama tries, Family Guy blatantly ignores continuity with each new episode

#27 Posted by danhimself (22626 posts) - - Show Bio

you could go outside

#28 Posted by _Zombie_ (10455 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

you could go outside

Out..side?

#29 Posted by cattlebattle (12989 posts) - - Show Bio
@ZombieBigfoot said:

@danhimself said:

you could go outside

Out..side?

I think its that place on the other side of my door....not sure though
#30 Posted by _Zombie_ (10455 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: I think it's that evil place with the sunlight and the.. physical activity. *shudders*

#31 Posted by cattlebattle (12989 posts) - - Show Bio
@ZombieBigfoot: That sounds horrifying, thats why I keep the door locked and the windows blacked out
#32 Posted by _Zombie_ (10455 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: Sixteen bolts on each door and steel shutters on each window.

#33 Posted by cattlebattle (12989 posts) - - Show Bio
@ZombieBigfoot: yup, and I still think its not enough
#34 Posted by _Zombie_ (10455 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: I can only hope that it is.

#35 Posted by cattlebattle (12989 posts) - - Show Bio
@ZombieBigfoot: Underground bunker, next logical step
#36 Posted by _Zombie_ (10455 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: Indeed.

#37 Edited by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Dynamite and Watch the final season of Breaking Bad!

Your Summer is set.

#38 Posted by ckenn99 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to go through netflix and find some old stuff I loved as a kid. Spider-Man, X-men, maybe check out Avengers EMH.

#39 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Dynamite

#40 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

All shows with the exception of Avengers are over for the summer... if were talking cartoons Breaking Bad returns July 15th, if we're talking those shows

can't wait ! also so does leverage and alphas on july 20.

#41 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever said:

Black Dynamite

this until boondocks season 4 returns.

#42 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle:

So Korra finished... who else thought the finale was amazing!?!?

#43 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you get Primeval in America?

#44 Posted by cattlebattle (12989 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992 said:

@cattlebattle:

That finale was really amazing....I was kind of upset how everything wrapped up in a nice, happy way though.
#45 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@papad1992 said:

@cattlebattle:

That finale was really amazing....I was kind of upset how everything wrapped up in a nice, happy way though.

I know right... even Avatar The Last Airbender ended with some cliffhangfers and unanswered questions but this was so cohesive and tightly wrapped up! I love the Tarrlock and Noatak ending... I was surprised by the result and cried! And I wonder how Asami is gonna take all of this when book 2 comes out later on in the year! The way Korra got her bending back was a little too sudden but I don't care! She finally got her spiritual side down.

#46 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

All shows with the exception of Avengers are over for the summer... if were talking cartoons Breaking Bad returns July 15th, if we're talking those shows
#47 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mega_spidey01 said:

@menaceforever said:

Black Dynamite

this until boondocks season 4 returns.

#48 Posted by imranehsankhan (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero: Watched Avengers Earth mightiest heroes. It was opposite to young justice. Just smashing around without a plot or good dialouges. Hoping that the new Avengers will be better than the last one. Plus they wrapped up the second season in 2 months or so.

#49 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

@imranehsankhan said:

@Bestostero: Watched Avengers Earth mightiest heroes. It was opposite to young justice. Just smashing around without a plot or good dialouges. Hoping that the new Avengers will be better than the last one. Plus they wrapped up the second season in 2 months or so.

Unfortunately, quality dipped way low in the last few episodes...the voice acting is atrocious (Winter Soldier, Mr. Fantastic, etc) the storylines/episodes were pathetic, Galactus story lasted one episode, you had no sense of threat, no sense of fear, he was just there and it was over. They really rushed the last season and quality suffered. You didn't even get to see Vision all that much or Black Widow, Hank Pym, etc.

#50 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero said:

@imranehsankhan said:

Unfortunately, quality dipped way low in the last few episodes...the voice acting is atrocious (Winter Soldier, Mr. Fantastic, etc) the storylines/episodes were pathetic, Galactus story lasted one episode, you had no sense of threat, no sense of fear, he was just there and it was over. They really rushed the last season and quality suffered. You didn't even get to see Vision all that much or Black Widow, Hank Pym, etc.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.