Follow

Young Justice

Team » Young Justice appears in 269 issues.

Young Justice started as another legacy team consisting of a generation of sidekicks younger than the original Teen Titans lineup. Like the Teen Titans, they would eventually increase membership beyond sidekicks and make a name for themselves beyond their mentors.

What do people think of the season 2 opening

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 202122

So the Young Justice episode Happy New Year aired on the night of the 28th

The episode takes place 5 years after the events of the first season

Characters introduced:

-Tim Drake

-Blue Beetle

-Beast Boy

-Bumblebee

-Lagoon boy

-Wonder Girl

-Batgirl

-Mal Duncan

I was wondering what others thought?

Who is your favourite new character?

Where is Artemis, KF. Aqualad and Red Arrow?

What are you looking forward to?

What do you think of Lagoon Boy and Ms. Martian?

Avatar image for notquitevarsity
    notquitevarsity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By notquitevarsity

It was pretty awesome. Dick as Nightwing was amazing but I hope this doesn't mean less screen time. He's relationship with Tim was pretty brotherly.

Lagoon boy was pretty awesome too. I'm glad he is with Megan. Hopefully we can see a Superboy Wondergirl thing soon. The only thing that bugged me was why does Dick look so much older? Everyone else looked the same except him.

If Wally is dead for some reason though, I might punch a hole in my TV.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ComicStooge

All of Gamma team are awesome. Wonder Girl seems pretty cool. The rest of the old Team are still good.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mega_spidey01

nightwing was cool and so was lobo. i need answers on the whole 5 years later thing and what happend to the other members.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By the_tree

@notquitevarsity said:

It was pretty awesome. Dick as Nightwing was amazing but I hope this doesn't mean less screen time. He's relationship with Tim was pretty brotherly.

Lagoon boy was pretty awesome too. I'm glad he is with Megan. Hopefully we can see a Superboy Wondergirl thing soon. The only thing that bugged me was why does Dick look so much older? Everyone else looked the same except him.

If Wally is dead for some reason though, I might punch a hole in my TV.

I easily will, too. He's been my favorite character since Coldhearted. I also hope that Aqualad doesn't turn evil, that'd just make me sad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By 202122

@Mega_spidey01 said:

nightwing was cool and so was lobo. i need answers on the whole 5 years later thing and what happend to the other members.

I assume pieces will be filled as the story continues

@The_Tree said:

I easily will, too. He's been my favorite character since Coldhearted. I also hope that Aqualad doesn't turn evil, that'd just make me sad.

Yeah i love Aqualad as leader if he's evil now i'll just lie on the floor and cry a bit

CorporalAtlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CorporalAtlas

Lagoon Boy, Mal Duncan, Beast Boy, and Batgirl aren't new, unless you mean with regards to the team.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By BatteredArmor

I think:

1. it was Awesome, best episode so far

2. Tim and Cassie should have been there from the beginning

3. You forgot Black Lightning, don't ever forget Black Lightning

4. If someone had to die I hope it was Artemis she's the only character on the entire show that I dislike

5. If Aqualad is evil or dead and he isn't in the comics soon so help me god there will be blood

6. This is at least the 4th thread made for this exact topic

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mega_spidey01

aqualad is a very good leader it suck that he only one episode focusing on him. what leader is aqualad most similar to from marvel universe.

but grayson is my favorite leader in DC besides batman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By 202122

Does anyone know Mal Duncan's importance i mean he's Vox in the comics and i love Vox but at the moment he kind of seems like he's just there

mfundo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mfundo

I already love Lagoon Boy and Miss Martian being together. She seems to be much happier to be with La'gaan than Conner. You go girl.

MB25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MB25

Great Episode as usual!! Cheesey Femm

bearsurvivor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bearsurvivor

Anyway, will the action, return to the present time? It's a little anoying that they show us the future instead of placing the action in the present. They could have also introduced the invaders in the present time. Or well the future is good but not so far, it would have been better for example one year later, but not five. And why the hell had M'gann left Superboy?

YoggSaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By YoggSaron

I didn't like it. The transition from past to future wasn't fluent, and this change probably isn't going to just disappear in a few episodes, but rather stick around for the rest of the season, if not beyond that. If it were temporary, I wouldn't mind the awkward shift from characters we know and have grown attached to throughout all of season one, to characters who, although we may love from the comics, we have no idea what they are about, what they're personalities are like, why they are the way they are, etc. Now, I may grow to like this season as it progresses and many of the multitudes of questions that have arisen are answered, and already a couple of the new characters look promising, but I am dissatisfied with the way this season has kicked off.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Bestostero

Q. I was wondering what others thought?

A. Really good. Better than season 1's premiere, and one of my favorite episodes so far.

Q. Who is your favourite new character?

A. Wonder Girl or Batgirl...or Blue Beetle...or Beast Boy...Lagoon Boy wait no, Black Lightning...nope. I can't decide.

Q. Where is Artemis, KF. Aqualad and Red Arrow?

A. Nobody knows yet, but I believe that Aqualad has gone undercover and joined up with Black Manta to try and retrieve and gather information on the real Roy Harper. (Aqualad did claim that Red Arrow was his best friend, and if you remember in the episode "Downtime" he wore one of black manta's men uniform to infiltrate the science lab, and that costume is almost exactly like the one he is shown to wear on the season 2 toy box) Red Arrow is probably somewhere being evil with Cheshire and Ra's. Kid Flash is probably mourning the lost of Artemis (i think she will be the one to die) and has since retired crime fighting because he feels guilty over her lost.

Q. What are you looking forward to?

A. Everything.

Q. What do you think of Lagoon Boy and Ms. Martian?

A. Time change, people change. get over it.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cattlebattle
    @bearsurvivor said:

I'm not watching this season at all! It's a piece of shit! They pulled out the nicest characters. The nicest couples are broken down. They should have made a continuation to season 1 plot, to keep fighting Vandal savage and others, and finding more secrets, getting new members and looking for real Speedy. They should have kept the action at the present time.

What i hate most:

1. They settled the action 5 yrs later and they turned Robin into Nightwing.

2. M'gann is not SB's girlfriend anymore. That sucks.

3. They possibly chose Artemis as the deceased member.

4. Were the fuck is KF. Is a total desolation without his personality around.

5. Were is Zatanna, Icon's sidekick and Aqualad?

I didn't think that they would turn the series that nasty. I hate the producers, the writers, and the directors of this season.

They plan to continue the Speedy story arc...it will be revisited, and from trailers, the Light is still very involved with season..

To further address your complaints, Zatanna and Rocket were in the episode, the only ones missing were Aqualad, Kid FLash and Artemis also, there is no new writers or producers...its still the same guys

@BlackArmor said:

as usual, I agree with almost everything you said, I still do not understand why you bring this up, this show is every bit Teen Titans as it does incorporate the actual Young Justice comics. Its basically a modern reimagining of the golden age, something Tim and Cassie were not present for, Superboy and Miss Martian were the only exceptions and originally, Wonder Girl was supposed to be used...there was a rights issue so they used Miss Martian. Frankly I am glad they id to diversify the power sets a bit more
    bearsurvivor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bearsurvivor

@cattlebattle:I noticed you know some more than I know. maybe, not only 'some'. Do you think that the storyline will return to present at some point? it would be nice. I mean some things would fit better in the present storyline.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cattlebattle
    @bearsurvivor said:

@cattlebattle: I admit I said some things I didn't have to say. I apologize to the insulted. I was a little angry for facing so many changes, all at the same time.

I noticed you know some more than I know. maybe, not only 'some'. Do you think that the storyline will return to present at some point? it would be nice. I mean some things would fit better in the present storyline.

I don't know yet, Its likely going to be explained at some point...I hope it is

I really didn't like the changes either, after building up the specific 7 characters then not using them...its a little drastic. I have complete confidence that no matter what changes the writers will deliver a good story fore the next twenty episodes
    X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By X9

You know, I liked it, but I understand the ones who didn't. It was a little rushed and most characters did...well, absolutely nothing important.

Sure, a five years jump is shocking, but I also think it gives a new rythm to the series. All main characters from season 1 are now young adults, so they got different behaviours, different issues to work on. At the same time, we don't lose the "teen atmosphere" completely cause there are younger characters in the main cast.

Though I gotta say I wasn't amazed by team Gamma. It was ok. Lagoon Boy is kind of the new Wally when it comes to comedy, but I was a bit like "Nice, they're trying to fill this gap with a droll character...nha, he's not like Wally". Anyway, I'm curious to see the other teams in action.

I'll probably keep watching it, even because I need some answers and I've got some expectations about what might be happening from now on.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BatteredArmor

@BlackArmor said:

as usual, I agree with almost everything you said, I still do not understand why you bring this up, this show is every bit Teen Titans as it does incorporate the actual Young Justice comics. Its basically a modern reimagining of the golden age, something Tim and Cassie were not present for, Superboy and Miss Martian were the only exceptions and originally, Wonder Girl was supposed to be used...there was a rights issue so they used Miss Martian. Frankly I am glad they id to diversify the power sets a bit more

Okay fine, everything worked out for the better the way they did, the diversity of powers was good they had a good balance of personality, it allowed for setup for time skip episodes and tons of other advantages over a plain out YJ show. Your right, but I still stubbornly hold onto the thought that something closer to an adaptation would have been awesome, probably using the YJ cast with story lines from John's titans run and from the more serious YJ story lines could have been great. But I am satisfied with what we got (which was great). I still hope to see a different YJ show more similar to the comics somewhere in the distant future, I don't care if I'm watching it from a retirement home I'll keep waiting for that.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cattlebattle
    @BlackArmor said:

@BlackArmor said:

Okay fine, everything worked out for the better the way they did, the diversity of powers was good they had a good balance of personality, it allowed for setup for time skip episodes and tons of other advantages over a plain out YJ show. Your right, but I still stubbornly hold onto the thought that something closer to an adaptation would have been awesome, probably using the YJ cast with story lines from John's titans run and from the more serious YJ story lines could have been great. But I am satisfied with what we got (which was great). I still hope to see a different YJ show more similar to the comics somewhere in the distant future, I don't care if I'm watching it from a retirement home I'll keep waiting for that.

Actually a lot of the episodes were retellings of  comics

The very first two episodes were based on the very first Teen Titans story and the first Young Justice
     Coldhearted was basically taken straight from Flash Vol. 2 issue 1 
    The episode where Klarion separates the two worlds was based on the "Sins of the youth/world without grown ups" story arcs from the Young Justice comics
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BatteredArmor

@cattlebattle: I was more or less aware of both of those, what bothers me isn't that enough of it isn't adapted from comics, my problem is that there are a few key things namely the starting cast that wasn't adapted from certain comics. the YJ series is kind of like a Nightwing series starring Jason Todd, and no matter how great it is that will probably always bug me at least a little

Avatar image for purplefeather738
    PurpleFeather738

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PurpleFeather738

I think the Season 2 opener was great! The whole show was already amazing, but now with the whole cast of new characters it will be better than ever! I really like all the Season 1 characters being grown up(other than Kid Flash, Artemis,and Aqualad, but they will probably turn up sooner or later) especially Nightwing. He is one of my favorite characters and now he is in a show that portrays him good. I felt that the Batman animated series didn't make his character and costume look like it should. But I am also really excited to see that the whole team is gonna have to come together to fight a whole alien army. I think it a step in the right direction. Keep it up Young Justice!

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By r3d_rob1n

I am excited for the new season, yet at the same time wary of this new undertaking. I'm a little worried that with all these new characters the writers will have too many storylines going on to flesh out what really makes these new characters tick. For example, even with a smaller team last season, Aqualad got only one episode to really explore his background.

Also, does anyone else find Blue Beetle annoying. Most people can tell he is of Mexican heritage without him being a stereotypical every other word in spanish ese.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cattlebattle
    @BlackArmor said:

@cattlebattle: I was more or less aware of both of those, what bothers me isn't that enough of it isn't adapted from comics, my problem is that there are a few key things namely the starting cast that wasn't adapted from certain comics. the YJ series is kind of like a Nightwing series starring Jason Todd, and no matter how great it is that will probably always bug me at least a little

Jason Todd was never a Nightwing..I do get what your saying though.

Young Justice is only the title of the show, where in the comics, it was also their official team name. I don't really think any hero animated show has the actual starting roster, except maybe Avengers,..... X-Men Justice League, Teen Titans all had different rosters, and they were actually 100% based off the comic
    CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CrimsonCake

The fact that there introducing lesser known characters like Adam Strange is making me like this season even more.But still,the first episode just begs so many questions.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BatteredArmor

@cattlebattle: I'm pretty sure that Jason briefly used the Nightwing persona post 1 year later in order to hurt Dick's rep, which puts him in a better position than Dick Grayson, Wally West, Rocket, Aqualad, Zatanna, ms. Martian and Artemis who were never members of YJ. I know that shows usually don't copy and paste comic rosters and I'm glad that Aqualad was introduced but no one should have taken precedence over Tim, Bart, Conner, and Gretta, Wonder Girl is a special case so I ignore her absence but otherwise there was a not really excuse, even beyond those 5 there were tons of other members who not only should have been included but due to public obscurity needed inclusion before those they chose.Here is a long list of characters that I would have preferred that they used http://www.comicvine.com/young-justice/65-17733/characters/

Note that some have been added because they were in the show so ignore those

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cattlebattle
    @BlackArmor said:

@cattlebattle: I'm pretty sure that Jason briefly used the Nightwing persona post 1 year later in order to hurt Dick's rep, which puts him in a better position than Dick Grayson, Wally West, Rocket, Aqualad, Zatanna, ms. Martian and Artemis who were never members of YJ. I know that shows usually don't copy and paste comic rosters and I'm glad that Aqualad was introduced but no one should have taken precedence over Tim, Bart, Conner, and Gretta, Wonder Girl is a special case so I ignore her absence but otherwise there was a not really excuse, even beyond those 5 there were tons of other members who not only should have been included but due to public obscurity needed inclusion before those they chose.Here is a long list of characters that I would have preferred that they used http://www.comicvine.com/young-justice/65-17733/characters/

I completely get what your saying,You don't like that Young Justice didn't have the roster it had and followed events more closely to the comics.

I'm saying that the show takes place during the early days of  super heroes, so it is basically a modernized Teen Titans In fact Roy Harper didn't want to join  the Teen Titans at first and he actually did later on....just like the show. Just swap Wonder Girl for Miss Martian (which was actually the original plan) and you would have had the original 5 Titans all on team except for Aqualad, who was blatantly swapped fr Garth. This show..if Teen Titans would have never existed, would have been likely called that as it shares way more similarities to the Teen Titans comics then it does to the Young Justice comic,
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BatteredArmor

@cattlebattle said:

@BlackArmor said:

I completely get what your saying,You don't like that Young Justice didn't have the roster it had and followed events more closely to the comics. I'm saying that the show takes place during the early days of super heroes, so it is basically a modernized Teen Titans In fact Roy Harper didn't want to join the Teen Titans at first and he actually did later on....just like the show. Just swap Wonder Girl for Miss Martian (which was actually the original plan) and you would have had the original 5 Titans all on team except for Aqualad, who was blatantly swapped fr Garth. This show..if Teen Titans would have never existed, would have been likely called that as it shares way more similarities to the Teen Titans comics then it does to the Young Justice comic,

Yeah I understand that that's what they were going for, I didn't notice the original titans thing until now, but otherwise I get it. But when does this being the early days of Super heroes ever actually ever come into play, when was it necessary for Batman or Superman to be less experienced? It doesn't matter when this took place for sidekicks because during their early days all sidekicks are inexperienced but at what point in the story was it necessary for Wonder Woman or Martian Manhunter to have not seen and done it all, they knew who all the villains were and had encountered them before, they were famous and revered, they had 2 no 3 bases, plenty of members ,plans and protocols, back up plans and protocols, at no point has it actually mattered at what point in this existence of Superheroes that this took place. for all intents and purposes the Justice League could have been active for a week or 30 years. And by that logic all sidekick choices are valid and acceptable and that they went with the first gen because of there Titans theme not because it actually mattered who they chose. And since what their motivator seemed to be there first Titans theme then they should have just named the series Titans.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Primmaster64
    I did not like it
    I did not like it
    the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

it was  

MA 

ZING  
    !

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cattlebattle
    @BlackArmor said:

@cattlebattle said:

@BlackArmor said:

Yeah I understand that that's what they were going for, I didn't notice the original titans thing until now, but otherwise I get it. But when does this being the early days of Super heroes ever actually ever come into play, when was it necessary for Batman or Superman to be less experienced? It doesn't matter when this took place for sidekicks because during their early days all sidekicks are inexperienced but at what point in the story was it necessary for Wonder Woman or Martian Manhunter to have not seen and done it all, they knew who all the villains were and had encountered them before, they were famous and revered, they had 2 no 3 bases, plenty of members ,plans and protocols, back up plans and protocols, at no point has it actually mattered at what point in this existence of Superheroes that this took place. for all intents and purposes the Justice League could have been active for a week or 30 years. And by that logic all sidekick choices are valid and acceptable and that they went with the first gen because of there Titans theme not because it actually mattered who they chose. And since what their motivator seemed to be there first Titans theme then they should have just named the series Titans.

The relevance to them only being around for a short time is that the heroes are limited (it was) and there is not 3000 of them flying around and that the term sidekick is relatively new. Your right, the "super hero phenomenon" wasn't a particularly vital point to the show but it did make the series more plausible. They can explore the DC Universe as it expands

They didn't want the series to be compared to the Teen Titans show, hence they chose Young Justice, which is ONLY the name of the show...it is never actually spoken in the show. They also can draw stories from all over, as they taken stories and plot lines from the YJ comic, Teen Titans, and just  other stories from solo comics. If they have had chosen a Titans specific name, people would be complaining that Raven is not in it and so on.....they can do more with having the series be called YJ
    Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@X9 said:

You know, I liked it, but I understand the ones who didn't. It was a little rushed and most characters did...well, absolutely nothing important.

Sure, a five years jump is shocking, but I also think it gives a new rythm to the series. All main characters from season 1 are now young adults, so they got different behaviours, different issues to work on. At the same time, we don't lose the "teen atmosphere" completely cause there are younger characters in the main cast.

Though I gotta say I wasn't amazed by team Gamma. It was ok. Lagoon Boy is kind of the new Wally when it comes to comedy, but I was a bit like "Nice, they're trying to fill this gap with a droll character...nha, he's not like Wally". Anyway, I'm curious to see the other teams in action.

I'll probably keep watching it, even because I need some answers and I've got some expectations about what might be happening from now on.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BatteredArmor

@cattlebattle said:

@BlackArmor said:

@cattlebattle said:

@BlackArmor said:

The relevance to them only being around for a short time is that the heroes are limited (it was) and there is not 3000 of them flying around and that the term sidekick is relatively new. Your right, the "super hero phenomenon" wasn't a particularly vital point to the show but it did make the series more plausible. They can explore the DC Universe as it expands They didn't want the series to be compared to the Teen Titans show, hence they chose Young Justice, which is ONLY the name of the show...it is never actually spoken in the show. They also can draw stories from all over, as they taken stories and plot lines from the YJ comic, Teen Titans, and just other stories from solo comics. If they have had chosen a Titans specific name, people would be complaining that Raven is not in it and so on.....they can do more with having the series be called YJ

I don't know if it makes it more plausible, and I don't think that heroes being limited really aided the show as the missions involved were only stealth and not common knowledge so its not like that those other thousands of heroes would have intervened, but otherwise you are of course right. However people were and still are comparing it to TT and there are people who were complaining about the absence of Beast Boy, Raven, and Starfire, there are still a couple of people complaining about Starfire. And it's not like there haven't been a hundred shows named Spider-Man, the existence of X-men the animated series didn't interfere with X-men Evolution. Eventually the name Teen Titans and even just Titans will be used several more times in the future and they should have just gone with the name Titans if there goal was to make a Teen Titans Tv show, the fact that the name Young Justice is never used on screen just makes it that much more of a waste

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#35  Edited By papad1992

@Bestostero said:

Q. I was wondering what others thought?

A. Really good. Better than season 1's premiere, and one of my favorite episodes so far.

Q. Who is your favourite new character?

A. Wonder Girl or Batgirl...or Blue Beetle...or Beast Boy...Lagoon Boy wait no, Black Lightning...nope. I can't decide.

Q. Where is Artemis, KF. Aqualad and Red Arrow?

A. Nobody knows yet, but I believe that Aqualad has gone undercover and joined up with Black Manta to try and retrieve and gather information on the real Roy Harper. (Aqualad did claim that Red Arrow was his best friend, and if you remember in the episode "Downtime" he wore one of black manta's men uniform to infiltrate the science lab, and that costume is almost exactly like the one he is shown to wear on the season 2 toy box) Red Arrow is probably somewhere being evil with Cheshire and Ra's. Kid Flash is probably mourning the lost of Artemis (i think she will be the one to die) and has since retired crime fighting because he feels guilty over her lost.

Q. What are you looking forward to?

A. Everything.

Q. What do you think of Lagoon Boy and Ms. Martian?

A. Time change, people change. get over it.

I agree with all of this besides the "who will die part!" I think it will be Kid Flash to die and Artemis retiring or going solo to find the ones who killed him! Seems a better fit to me!

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By cattlebattle
    @BlackArmor said:

@cattlebattle said:

The relevance to them only being around for a short time is that the heroes are limited (it was) and there is not 3000 of them flying around and that the term sidekick is relatively new. Your right, the "super hero phenomenon" wasn't a particularly vital point to the show but it did make the series more plausible. They can explore the DC Universe as it expands They didn't want the series to be compared to the Teen Titans show, hence they chose Young Justice, which is ONLY the name of the show...it is never actually spoken in the show. They also can draw stories from all over, as they taken stories and plot lines from the YJ comic, Teen Titans, and just other stories from solo comics. If they have had chosen a Titans specific name, people would be complaining that Raven is not in it and so on.....they can do more with having the series be called YJ

I don't know if it makes it more plausible, and I don't think that heroes being limited really aided the show as the missions involved were only stealth and not common knowledge so its not like that those other thousands of heroes would have intervened, but otherwise you are of course right. However people were and still are comparing it to TT and there are people who were complaining about the absence of Beast Boy, Raven, and Starfire, there are still a couple of people complaining about Starfire. And it's not like there haven't been a hundred shows named Spider-Man, the existence of X-men the animated series didn't interfere with X-men Evolution. Eventually the name Teen Titans and even just Titans will be used several more times in the future and they should have just gone with the name Titans if there goal was to make a Teen Titans Tv show, the fact that the name Young Justice is never used on screen just makes it that much more of a waste

I would say the limited league is a factor. For instance the plant monster episode wouldn't even of mattered if there was 500 heroes flying around, it wouldn't even of been a challenge. Another factor behind the early days of super heroes is of course The Light, one of the reasons they are such a potent threat is the fact that super villains have never banded together before in this universe, otherwise, if super heroes and had been around and doing this for so many years they would have figured out their plans and dismantled them by now. I think in this earth, Superman has only been around for 5 years, and the League for only 2 or so..... In addition, the Lights plan was very much to advance the species, which is no doubt going to give birth to a lot of heroes, so If they had all the heroes from later generations already present, the show wouldn't be able to introduce any new ones

They wanted to use stories from all over the DC universe, not specifically Teen Titans or Young Justice.....how do i put this......I guess they would feel more obligated to use Teen Titans characters and stories if they named the show that, Young Justice is more a...vague, as it was a comic that didn't last very long...X-Men Evolution was yet another show that didn't have the original roster from the comics....It had Nightcrawler and Kitty who were a much later generation of X-men..similar to what this show did
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BatteredArmor

@cattlebattle: Sorry for taking so long to reply, my keyboard does this thing that resulted in my entire rebuttal being replaced with the letter n

I'll give you the plant thing but as for the light I disagree, no matter how many times super villains team up the heroes never become adapt enough to just instantly figure out there plans and membership, there have been tons of super villain team ups with the same members and everything and even Batman has stayed in the dark about there plans for months. The name Titans would not limit there focus or membership to any degree, almost every teen hero in DC comics has been a Titan of some type and every teen character on the show except Rocket and Aqualad has been a Titan so the name wouldn't limit them at all. As for stories I don't see why naming the show Titans would restrict them to do solely TT stories anymore than the name Young Justice forces them to make the first episode about The Mighty Endowed. About your X-men Evolution point, sure Storm, Wolverine, Spike, Shadowcat, and Nightcrawler weren't original members but they were members what the YJ guys did was like putting Captain America and Hulk on the team. I don't mind Nightcrawler replacing Iceman just like I wouldn't mind Cass Cain replacing Tim because at least Cass was a member of the comic version of YJ however briefly

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cattlebattle
    @BlackArmor said:

@cattlebattle: Sorry for taking so long to reply, my keyboard does this thing that resulted in my entire rebuttal being replaced with the letter n

I'll give you the plant thing but as for the light I disagree, no matter how many times super villains team up the heroes never become adapt enough to just instantly figure out there plans and membership, there have been tons of super villain team ups with the same members and everything and even Batman has stayed in the dark about there plans for months. The name Titans would not limit there focus or membership to any degree, almost every teen hero in DC comics has been a Titan of some type and every teen character on the show except Rocket and Aqualad has been a Titan so the name wouldn't limit them at all. As for stories I don't see why naming the show Titans would restrict them to do solely TT stories anymore than the name Young Justice forces them to make the first episode about The Mighty Endowed. About your X-men Evolution point, sure Storm, Wolverine, Spike, Shadowcat, and Nightcrawler weren't original members but they were members what the YJ guys did was like putting Captain America and Hulk on the team. I don't mind Nightcrawler replacing Iceman just like I wouldn't mind Cass Cain replacing Tim because at least Cass was a member of the comic version of YJ however briefly

I would have laughed if you would have just had an n.....you sure its not the site?..this site does all kinds of weird crap with my computer...yet here I am...addiction baby

I think if the there had been dozens of united villain groups before the Light it would have been a little less probable to swallow that the League is in the dark about the Lights plans, after they caught the Injustice Gang, they had assumed they were the ones behind everything...they had no reason to even believe they were just the fall guys because it isn't likely that this stuff would happen very often....as it is apparently the first time it occurred. Do you remember the Justice League episodes with united villain groups, the League would immediately deduce there was a group of them if they saw two in the same place after the first time they encountered Lexs' group. I am saying they have no reason to suspect or link any of them together if the villain team ups are a new deal in this universe...it just more believable, at least I think it is

They wouldn't have to do Titans stories of course, but there would be expectations, Young Justice was a limited series that many people aren't even aware existed, so I think they have a bit more leeway with it, and not have to worry about Titans fans criticizing the hell out of it. The fact is its based off of both with original material, and they used Dick and Wally as opposed to their successors because they were the first ones to be sidekicks, and Wondergirl couldn't be used due to a rights embargo that is now obviously over.

I see your point with the X-Men evolution comparison, whats so different about it though?? X-Men Evolution retold the formation of the X-Men somewhat, and had different founders due to the need to diversify the team and that its a modern telling of the age of mutants, Young Justice tells the formation of a non specific sidekick team that has just as much in common with Teen Titans as it does Young Justice and has different founders and members due to fact that its at the start of the super hero age and to diversify the team
    xerozeven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By xerozeven

I loved the new episode. ^_^ It wasn't perfect, but I'm still excited about the new season.

I love that they're showing more of the Bat family, although it's kinda weird that Nightwing is so grown up compared to the others, especially since he's still got his 13-year-old Robin voice. I'm glad it's still the same voice actor, but he needs to sound a bit older. I love the new voice additions too: Tim Curry as Godfrey, Mae Whitman as Wonder Girl, and Alyson Stoner as Batgirl.

This show's gonna be awesome if this basically becomes a newer, younger version of Justice League: Unlimited. I don't really care whether or not they follow the comics (after all, this is Earth-16; they should do what they want), as long as it's entertaining... and as long as they continue portraying the Bat family at varying levels of awesomeness. :D

Avatar image for kalthehokage_2007
    KalTheHokage_2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm disappointed because they totally abandoned the original team. I'm more interested in learning what became if the original Team than meeting a completely new Team.

Shaanyboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Shaanyboi

I thought it was rad. I like the sudden change up. Nightwing had an awesome take on his costume. Lagoon Boy and Blue Beetle were both really cool.

I'm sure all the "missing" characters will show up in some form or another. My bet is that Red Arrow is now Arsenal, Aqualad is either in Atlantis, or he and Artemis are both dead. Kid Flash is probably now just... Flash.

And about Superboy and Miss Martian? Whatever. How many 16-year old couples do you know that are STILL together 5 years later? I'd be more shocked if they WERE still a couple. If anything, that'd be the unrealistic part...

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By htb106

@notquitevarsity: since I don't watch YJ on my tv.

IF WALLY'S DEAD I MIGHT PUNCH A HOLE IN THE WORLD AND SAY SHAZAM TO DESTROY EVERYTHING!!!

maybe I overeacted a tiny bit.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By htb106

I like how beast boy's just a little kid. It'd make the team interaction very different.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

#44  Edited By Delphic

Question: Why does everyone want Artemis to die?

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Skaddix

I don't want Artemis dead. I think she is most likely.

Superboy, Nightwing, Miss Martian, Rocket, Zatanna are all safe.

Leaves Red Arrow, Artemis, Kid Flash and Artemis. YJ Legacy videogame says one falls, one rises and one dies. Artemis is the least well known of the bunch. Next rumors of a Flash Family Episode and a toy in the cancelled toy line up mean Wally is fine most likely. Aqualad on the same toy box was rocking some new armor and dead characters don't get put on boxes in brand new costumes. Red Arrow based on interviews is still looking for Roy so by process of elimination Artemis is most likely to die. Personally, I rather Red Arrow die trying to save Speedy but based on the info. Artemis is most likely to bite the bullet.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.