Follow

Young Justice

Team » Young Justice appears in 269 issues.

Young Justice started as another legacy team consisting of a generation of sidekicks younger than the original Teen Titans lineup. Like the Teen Titans, they would eventually increase membership beyond sidekicks and make a name for themselves beyond their mentors.

what are your overall likes and dislikes about the show? And why?

wisesonAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By wisesonAC

it's always good to start positive.

A few things I like about young justice are:the story telling. It's like a narrative. I love how there's this big story in this new universe where the little things are interconnected and how it makes me feel connected to this new place ya know? Something else is the overall art direction. The art looks beautiful in HD I prefer this style to the blocky 3D style other shows are using. And lastly the introduction of new characters that aren't mainstream. It's really cool that some of the lessor known characters are getting put in the spotlight.

And now on to the bad: some of the character development for some of the lesser known characters is lacking in my opinion. Prime example is rocket(beauty,sharp wit,unique powerset,a personality that lept off the pages,and a dichotomistic relationship with icon all comes together for a great character.) Here's hoping we see more of her where theres actual character dev.same goes to all the other underused characters. Next thing is.... Wow i can't really think of too many things I don't like about the show... Wait lagoon boy... There we go those are my few gripes and grievances.

And lastly I what I would change I would just make the show an hour long show. I think it would be great for the ability to have character development and be able to do alot more with the show.

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By krspaceT

Its a good show that is just hated by the Network for some reason

Avatar image for invisible_witch
    Invisible_Witch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Invisible_Witch

I love it,What I dislike its the GAINT breaks in between seasons

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Invisible_Witch said:

I love it,What I dislike its the GAINT breaks in between seasons

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By SupBatz

I like almost everything about it. The show is not afraid to border on the fantastic in ways that a lot of its predecessors were. And it also feels like a developing show. I like seeing continuity between episodes and a changing, developing team. When you take other superhero shows such as Batman TAS and X-Men Evolution (both great in their own right) I didn't feel much of a sense of continuity between episodes. With Young Justice it's obvious that the characters are growing, changing, and learning as time passes.

As for dislikes, I have only three.

The first is the portrayal of villains. The show makes the heroes so interesting but all of the villains are either bland and evil for no apparent reason (i.e. Mr. Freeze, Queen Bee, Lex) or just portrayed in a horrible fashion (i.e. Riddler, Joker).

The second is the lack of development of certain characters. I feel like, while we've gotten to know many of the character very well, a lot of the character just sit in the background without purpose (i.e. Wonder Girl, Batgirl, Rocket, Bumblebee, Mal, Tim Drake).

And lastly, the damned breaks between new episodes!

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By r3d_rob1n

It is an amazing show. One of its greatest strengths is that it goes in depth into the DC Universe. However, this strength also leads to its greatest weakness, which is poorly explored and developed characters. The core 7 were shown in depth in Season 1, however as Season 2 has progressed development has slowed. Throw in there the 5 year time gap, and I feel like I now don't know any of the characters very well. What motivated Robin to become Nightwing, or Wally and Arsenal to retire, I also want to see more of Aqualad's break away from the team (even if it was all planned). The newcomers also fall plague to this, as we do not know much about Lagoon Boy, Tim Drake, Wonder Girl, or Batgirl.

Avatar image for georgewashington
    GeorgeWashington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GeorgeWashington

I don't even care about it one way or the other. I just don't really watch DC shows anymore. Just not interested.

Cole_Mercer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By Cole_Mercer

The dark & serious tone reminds of batman: tas & JL

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By colonyofcells

I like the original sidekicks like Dick, Wally West, etc. I don't like to age Dick and Wally West which happened in season 2. I would've preferred Dick, Wally West, Tim, Bart Allen, all to be about the same age and all younger than Bruce and Barry.

not2baad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By not2baad

great show nothing bad about it just cartoon network tends to have a fox attitude toward popular shows.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

It's the only serious show on CN, how they balance the screen time for characters, and how they nailed the characters' personality, is what I like. What I dislike is how it takes CN them so long to air the seasons.

tahmidk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tahmidk

too much bad boring teen soap opera, unlike spectacular spiderman which done it right and kept it interesting and well.

Other than that its all good, except the constant breaks and hiatus's mess up the tension and everything thats been built up

Mojo65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mojo65

The character Development for the main cast, they actually change significantly over time and grow as characters, as much as I love shows like BTAS, JLU and even TT they did not have much lasting character development even when they were being continuity heavy and I also actually like pretty much the entire main cast on at least some level, with my favorites being Miss Martian, Dick and Aqualad.

Unfortunately that good development does not extend to the supporting cast, so characters like Rocket, Tim Drake etc all have much less depth than the mains.

The time skip doesn't bother me, Weisman, Vetti and the writers wanted to tell a specific story and they don't know how many episodes they are gonna get, and Id rather get that full plot than have episodes expalining things like how Dick became Nightwing and the like.

The universe itself is super chohesive and Weisman does a great job of keeping continuity and honestly this is one of my favorite takes on the DCU, I wish the New 52 was more like this I think its a better modernization than it is.

Villains are a mixed bag, I like Lex, Black Manta, Queen Bee a lot and Vandal is pretty cool but most of the Batman villains are pretty eh and Ocean Master didn't get to do anything in the show and they did a bit too much "JUST AS PLANNED" in the first season.

Art and animation are fantastic.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@DarkKnightDetective said:

It's the only serious show on CN, how they balance the screen time for characters, and how they nailed the characters' personality, is what I like. What I dislike is how it takes CN them so long to air the seasons.

Spellca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Spellca

What do I dislike? The haitus and how political the show has become in the hands of CN and DC - hiatus, waiting etc. Unsure of its due to Milestone or Steph Brown or an anniversary, etc.

Overall, I love it. It reminds me of what I liked about the DC animated universe - Batman, Justice League. It was serious but made it clear that it is a comic/cartoon world. The stakes for the world, the characters and the relationships are all high as being a teenager, being a person and being a hero are all juggled on the edge of a blade.

Cole_Mercer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By Cole_Mercer

Dislike: Every episode features the JLA, i love the justice league & i know that they are mentors but it gets annoying sometimes

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Spellca said:

What do I dislike? The haitus and how political the show has become in the hands of CN and DC - hiatus, waiting etc. Unsure of its due to Milestone or Steph Brown or an anniversary, etc.

Overall, I love it. It reminds me of what I liked about the DC animated universe - Batman, Justice League. It was serious but made it clear that it is a comic/cartoon world. The stakes for the world, the characters and the relationships are all high as being a teenager, being a person and being a hero are all juggled on the edge of a blade.

This

Avatar image for deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7
    deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best representation of the younger generation of Heroes than Teen Titans. It's just a really cool show and it's not always about the JL.

BUT WHAT IS WITH THE BREAKS THEY'RE PROBABLY DONE MAKING SEASON 3 AND ALREADY HALF WAY THROUGH 4 BY NOW UGH.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By colonyofcells

Young Justice uses many characters not being used yet in the current post flashpoint reboots : Tula, Wally West, Tigress (formerly Artemis daughter of Sportsmaster, full name Artemis Crock), Icon, Rocket, Mal Duncan, bumblebee. In Young Justice, Ray Palmer is still Atom, Shayera Thal is a super hero, Red Tornado is in the Justice League. In the New 52, Shayera is now being used as a former girlfriend and villain. Katar Hol now has a new earth girlfriend similar to Barry having a new girlfriend rather than Iris. In the New 52, Red Tornado got dumped into earth 2.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#20  Edited By Joygirl

I hate the catchphrases. "Whelmed" was cute once or twice, "Hello Megan" was worth a chuckle once, "Souvenir" lasted a few times before I hated it, "Neptune's Beard" was intolerable from the get go... aren't there a few more, too?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By Gambit1024

The "whelmed" thing gets me angry as well.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Joygirl said:
    I hate the catchphrases. "Whelmed" was cute once or twice, "Hello Megan" was worth a chuckle once, "Souvenir" lasted a few times before I hated it, "Neptune's Beard" was intolerable from the get go... aren't there a few more, too?
    Beast Boy often says "noted", Impulse has a habit of saying slang from his timeline like "crash"

I would like to point out that the term "whelmed" is actually from a line from the movie "10 things I hate about you".
    Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Joygirl

Right! Yeah, totally crash. Crashity crash crash mode crash, isn't that crash? Mode is pretty crash. Man, I'm gonna crash your mode so crash, crashity mode crash mode. Crashhh.

Avatar image for omegathedestroyer
    OmegaTheDestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Joygirl said:

"Whelmed" was amusing during the first season and it should have ran it's course.

"Hello Megan" has always gotten on my nerves, I very greatly dislike this one.

I do like them taking souvenirs for some reason.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cattlebattle
    @OmegaTheDestroyer said:

@Joygirl said:

"Whelmed" was amusing during the first season and it should have ran it's course.

"Hello Megan" has always gotten on my nerves, I very greatly dislike this one.

I do like them taking souvenirs for some reason.

I find it funny a number of you have cited "whelmed" as being overused although I cannot remember many instances of it being said....and believe me, I have seen each episode way too many times. Robin uses it in the premiere episode several times and says to Artemis to "stay whelmed" in the episode where they are attacked by the Reds also, Superboy states that he's "whelmed" sarcastically in one ep. Other than that....can't remember it being said that often.
    Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Joygirl

Just happened recently in s2, he was like "alright, everyone stay whelmed". It happens from time to time, he also did similar word deconstructions for a while. Was pretty crash while it lasted.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By danhimself

I love the show but I feel like they made a mistake by introducing so many characters

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Joygirl said:
    Just happened recently in s2, he was like "alright, everyone stay whelmed". It happens from time to time, he also did similar word deconstructions for a while. Was pretty crash while it lasted.
    Neptunes Beard!!, how did I miss that, I guess it sneaks in there sometimes, like a silent letter. I guess they had to give Dick Grayson something else because people didn't gush over him enough...he also had to invent his own words.
    Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Joygirl

Hello Megan! I just noted how crash Neptune's beard is. I'm so whelmed I'm gonna take it as a souvenir!

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By colonyofcells

The cartoons tend to have too many characters such as the final season of Teen Titans and Justice League Unlimited and Legion of Super Heroes. The new meta characters are mostly based on old super friends characters like Apache Chief and El Dorado plus they also threw in Static. They also allowed the Justice League to grow real large.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Joygirl said:
    Hello Megan! I just noted how crash Neptune's beard is. I'm so whelmed I'm gonna take it as a souvenir!

-mindblown-
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#32  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Joygirl said:

IM GONNA CRASH YOU IN THE FACE AND THEN ILL CRASH YOUR BODY WHILE YOU'RE UNCONSCIOUS!!!!!

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BlackWind

@Joygirl said:

Is this even legal?

Mojo65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mojo65

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Joygirl said:

IM GONNA CRASH YOU IN THE FACE AND THEN ILL CRASH YOUR BODY WHILE YOU'RE UNCONSCIOUS!!!!!

O my, that sounds pretty hot.

Honestly though the catchphrases while frequently pointless are like what a second out of a 22 minute episode I am not going to let myself get annoyed that easily nor will I let them ruin my enjoyment of the characters.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#35  Edited By TDK_1997

I love it and it is really interesting.I don't have major dislikes.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I love everything about the show, my only dislike would be that it is constantly put on hiatus.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Joygirl said:

whoa, whoa, calm down buddy, you seem disturbed when you should try being more turbed. 
    nmiller1939

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By nmiller1939

I'm going to say that one of the best parts of the show that I don't hear brought up all that often is the way the characters are portrayed in fights. A lot of times in season one, they were completely overwhelmed, they couldn't really keep up with some of the heavy hitters. They got smacked around pretty badly by the Injustice League, for instance, but they also managed to complete their objective. It adds a lot of tension to the fights when they're going up against heavy hitters like Black Adam, and they're obviously outclassed. The fights they win rely heavily on teamwork and hit and run tactics, not just punching people in the face until they fall.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.