Unused characters?

#1 Posted by batshrine (964 posts) - - Show Bio

So we have a lot of teen (and child) hero's that have appeared in the show, but how do you think they will be used or are they just there for the cameo appearance?

Here is a list of all said characters:

Garth (Tempest), Tula (Aqua Girl), La'gaan (Lagoon Boy), Barbara Gordon (Batgirl), Bette Kane (Flamebird), Karen Beecher (Bumblebee), Mal Duncan (Vox or Herald), Wendy Harris (Proxy), Marvin White, Garth Logan (Beast Boy), Cissie King-Jones (Arrowette), Rocket, Greta Hayes (Secret).

And any chance you think that these characters have potential for DCnU to create a team out of?

#2 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

@batshrine: Lagoon Boy will be in the next season along with Batgirl, we saw the origin of this show's Beast Boy so we might see more of him, Rocket will be a member of the team next season, and Secret was put to rest in the first episode she was in.

#3 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Barbara has been in one episode. But more of a cameo.

#4 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I'd doubt any of the new add ons to the team.

#5 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the team roster is almost doubling next season with the addition of Rocket, Blue Beetle, Lagoon Boy and possibly Batgirl. We saw Beast Boy's origin already, so he might show up.

Honestly, I couldn't care less if Arrowette shows up or not.

#6 Posted by batshrine (964 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt she will, she is way too young. Possibility for a spin off sequel though! Where is there news that Batgirl will show up? And which one, Barbara or Bette?

#7 Posted by Tunsieon (316 posts) - - Show Bio

Which episode was Barbra in?

#8 Posted by batshrine (964 posts) - - Show Bio

She showed up twice, once in Homefront welcoming Artemis (along with Bette), and another time in Misplaced comforting children with Bette

#9 Posted by X9 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

: It's been a while since DC has established that Barbara was the first Batgirl. (if I'm not mistaken)

So, if Batgirl is joining the team, it's Babs who will be behind the mask ;)

#10 Posted by papad1992 (6815 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9: I highly doubt that they would make Bette the Batgirl where Barbara is a more renown Batgirl. Plus I really don't see Bette turning into her Flamebird persona because she is like a branched out Batgirl!!

So the officially announced team for season 2 will be:

Robin, Aqualad, Superboy, Miss Martian, Blue Beetle, and Lagoon Boy... Rocket will join before the 1st seasons end so that means she'll obviously be in the 2nd season. That leaves Kid Flash, Zatanna, and Artemis in the dark!? Does anybody know what will happen to those three!? Because I haven't heard anything further!!

#11 Posted by batshrine (964 posts) - - Show Bio

As far I know the core 6 will stay, with the addition of Blue Beetle. Lagoon Boy might be a temporary addition. Nothing was announced that Kid Flash, and Artemis will not stay on. As far as Zatanna goes, its a coin toss. They don't seem to like using her that much on the field (same with Robin...but you can't have the show without him).

#12 Posted by Dernman (14049 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Garth (Tempest) did show up? Wasn't he in that Atlantis episode and the girl that Aqualad liked was in love with Garth instead?

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong it was awhile ago.

#13 Posted by batshrine (964 posts) - - Show Bio

Ya Garth, Tula, and Lagoon Boy all appeared in that episode. Lagoon boy only being a cameo

#14 Posted by X9 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

Was Lagoon Boy there?! Wow, I even noticed...

#15 Posted by RogueOracle (242 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want a Wonder Girl....But yeah, I want more Babs.

#16 Posted by batshrine (964 posts) - - Show Bio

I think if it would be cool if Babs and Bette form a psuedo gotham team, that helps out on occasion (well a lot of occasions). But maybe we can have the Happy Harbor kids form the teen titans in the show, idk, I just want to see them in their super hero forms

#17 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7622 posts) - - Show Bio

Realize that most of these characters are

1. One episode only

2. Not meant to be in the series

3. Have yet to debut

#18 Posted by joshmightbe (24106 posts) - - Show Bio

Garth and Tula were more than a cameo the were major parts of the episode they were in

#19 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

Garth and Tula were more than a cameo the were major parts of the episode they were in

But the episode was kinda Garth's powers origin(Miss Martian blood transfusion+Monkey bite), you know to explain a bit

#20 Posted by joshmightbe (24106 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedOwl_1: That's Gar as in Garfield(Beast Boy) I was talking about Garth aka original Aqualad

#21 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

As far as I know the whole team is back. Blue Beetle is joining and they will run in to a lot of other teens who try to get a shot on the team with some making the cut and the rest failing. Still depending on how big the roster gets it might be best to pull in X-men Blue and Gold. Have an Aqualad led Squad and a Robin Led Squad.

#22 Posted by X9 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

That could work...

#23 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7622 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix said:

As far as I know the whole team is back. Blue Beetle is joining and they will run in to a lot of other teens who try to get a shot on the team with some making the cut and the rest failing. Still depending on how big the roster gets it might be best to pull in X-men Blue and Gold. Have an Aqualad led Squad and a Robin Led Squad.

They're going to let Blue Beetle in. I think they need a Latino on the team.

#24 Posted by TheGremlin (58 posts) - - Show Bio

Well its titled "Invasion" so I'd be willing to bet money we'll get to see all the guys that have cameod so far show up for what could very likely be the most awesome battle in the history of cartoons.

#25 Posted by krspaceT (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGremlin: Lets hope so, Greg does a good job normally after all

#26 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tunsieon: she was in two but they were really minor roles

one was 'misplaced'

i think the other was 'home front'

#27 Edited by batshrine (964 posts) - - Show Bio

So as far as unused characters go:

Garth (Tempest) - will be in Young Justice: Legacy

Tula (Aqua Girl) - Still unused

La'gaan (Lagoon Boy) - Part of the Team

Barbara Gordon (Batgirl) - Part of the Team

Bette Kane (Flamebird) - She better come on the show

Karen Beecher (Bumblebee) - Part of the Team

Mal Duncan (Vox or Herald) - Part of the Team, though his superhero identity is still a mystery

Wendy Harris (Proxy) - doubt she'll show up again

Marvin White - same with him

Garth Logan (Beast Boy) - part of the team

Cissie King-Jones (Arrowette) - She's definitely gonna show up, 5 year skip...

Rocket - Joined the Team, then moved on to bigger and better things

Greta Hayes (Secret) - I think she was a one off... shame

Oh and bonus! We now how Tim Drake as Robin, Jaime Reyes as Blue Beetle, and Cassie as Wonder Girl.

#28 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see bart allen turn up in the show.

#29 Posted by batshrine (964 posts) - - Show Bio

Its possible! I Am still hoping we get an episode with Bette Kane as flamebird, Stephanie Brown as spoiler, and cassandra cain as black bat, teaming up with Barbara gordon!

Also when are they going to give Mal an alter ego! And love it how Snapper Carr is now their "den mother"!!! And I am expecting Arrowette to be showing up any day now....And there has to be a Tempest vs Black Manta Jr. fight! haha epic

#30 Posted by X9 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

: You know, with the 5 years skip Arrowette could show up sometime. Maybe not as a main character, but in a cameon, who knows? How nice would it be if Artemis gets to train her or be the reason why she became a hero? (she saved her father's life in season 1)

Bette Kane could also appear as Flamebird, but I don't think the Spoiler/Black Bat part is going to happen. I'd be too much, I guess.

#31 Posted by batshrine (964 posts) - - Show Bio

Ya I know hoping for a lot, but ultimately since we saw Bette and Cissie, I still hope we see them for reals. And for Mal to get some important role

#32 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

Totally forgot about Bette Kane! Would be awesome to see her again!!! Cissie Jones would be ok too, but I rather Artemis just comes out of retirement then bring Cissie in...but either way, both girls should be included... IF the alleged Super Friend members join the guys are gonna outnumber the girls!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.