To save Young Justice, We have to not watch Beware the Batman!

• 56 results
#1 Posted by russia599 (93 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the only way. Petitions aren't gonna save the show we love, but if ratings are dropping then their only real option is either to cancel DC Nation, though you would imagine that this wouldn't be a very good move on Cartoon Network's part as it attracts both adult and younger views, or to give us Young Justice back (and GL:TAS)! Also buying the DVD's, Blu-ray and the merchandise, might prove to CN just how much we want Young Justice back.

#2 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio

Not watching the new Batman show won't help....in fact it likely hinder any chance of any comic show returning

#3 Posted by danhimself (22216 posts) - - Show Bio

unless you have a Nielson box then that does nothing....it's merchandise that matters

#4 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12402 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

Not watching the new Batman show won't help....in fact it likely hinder any chance of any comic show returning

this. people blaming the new shows is really getting annoying

#5 Posted by Icarusflies (12406 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@cattlebattle said:

Right. Not watching the show will just make the network think that comic shows don't sell. So...yeah.

#6 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

what new batman show?

#7 Posted by Cjjb95 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

@umbrafeline: 'beware the batman' watch the ads, it;s gonna suuuck

#8 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cjjb95: i havenot seen any ads, except for the new teen titans show

#9 Posted by russia599 (93 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: I'm blaming the new shows, I'm a huge fan of the original Batman the Animated series and I don't believe it will live up to the original's potential I was going to watch it anyway, but I think if it succeeds then Young Justice has no chance of returning.

#10 Posted by russia599 (93 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cjjb95: Agreed, I mean Katana rather than Robin, no Joker instead we get Professor Pig -_- Though I must admit I would defiantly watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=lTw2xfPFWes&feature=endscreen

#11 Posted by YoungJustice (6644 posts) - - Show Bio

Not like anyone was gonna watch it past the second episode.

#12 Posted by jasontodd7 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

teen titans go will do.. cause , clearly, they are a new version of YJ.

Thundercats, and now YJ ?

At least a dvd movie witch would conclude the story or bye bye new shows..

#13 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

I had no intent of watching !

#14 Posted by ccraft (5015 posts) - - Show Bio

More like Beware the 'new' Batman show :)

I'll probably gonna watch the 1st episode anyways, even though I will probably hate it.

Also if you guys want to help YJ spam Cartoon network with mail, not emails cause they can ignore it. So mail the crap out of them, I know i'm gonna mail them 5x a week.

Read this http://youngjustice.wikia.com/wiki/Young_Justice_Wiki:Save_Young_Justice

#15 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12402 posts) - - Show Bio

@russia599 said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: I'm blaming the new shows, I'm a huge fan of the original Batman the Animated series and I don't believe it will live up to the original's potential I was going to watch it anyway, but I think if it succeeds then Young Justice has no chance of returning.

i know what you're doing, your op kinda gave it away

#16 Posted by Fallen_Crippled (6412 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to watch it. If the first episode is good, then I will probably watch more.

#17 Edited by StrangeMan (407 posts) - - Show Bio

As said earlier, the new shows are not to blame, the only thing you'll be doing will be... nothing actually. The majority of fans of both YJ and GL were comic book fans or young adults/adults that became followers of the shows, Batman on the other hand is a household name, kids now the guy, kids will watch the show, he makes more money, it's as simple as that. Besides, if you love the shows so much, you could show it by not being a baby and support the creators, like Sam Liu, director for a large part of GL episodes that will be working on Beware The Batman. It was funny at first how the Beware The Batman haters had no good arguments on why they think that the show's gonna suck, but by now it's rather tiresome.

#18 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Beware the Batman looks ok with Alfred packing guns. Hopefully Alfred can also learn lots of kung fu like Kato. Maybe Batman will also pack guns every now and then. Katana as the female sidekick is also a good idea and is obviously a swipe of Hit Girl from Kick Ass. Both Teen Titans go and Beware the Batman look like good replacements for Young Justice and Green Lantern. We can be sure the toy sales for Batman and Teen Titans will be better and everyone will be happy.

#19 Posted by Cjjb95 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

@russia599: I KNOW RIGHT!!!!, that looked so cool and no one would expect it, plus it would suit to multiple demographics, the comics fans (both genders), the girls who always wanted a female batman equivalent and the boys who like batman, hell for that last demographic just the word bat would be enough

#20 Posted by danhimself (22216 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells said:

Beware the Batman looks ok with Alfred packing guns. Hopefully Alfred can also learn lots of kung fu like Kato. Maybe Batman will also pack guns every now and then. Katana as the female sidekick is also a good idea and is obviously a swipe of Hit Girl from Kick Ass. Both Teen Titans go and Beware the Batman look like good replacements for Young Justice and Green Lantern. We can be sure the toy sales for Batman and Teen Titans will be better and everyone will be happy.

how does that sound ok?

#21 Edited by csguterres (201 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@colonyofcells said:

how does that sound ok?

I think he was being ironic! xD

#22 Posted by Bogey (930 posts) - - Show Bio

OP is not going far enough. Maybe we should not watch anything on Cartoon Network, Let's get up front and personal. Set up picket lines in front of their headquarters.

#23 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman did use guns in his earliest days bec. that was the normal thing to do and the realistic thing to do. Maybe it will be more productive to just learn how to do your own animation instead of relying on cartoon network.

#24 Posted by modunhanul (398 posts) - - Show Bio

They are cancelling Young Justice and Green Lantern TAS because toys and DVDs were not selling much. It's not Beware the Batman's fault.

#25 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12402 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells said:

Beware the Batman looks ok with Alfred packing guns. Hopefully Alfred can also learn lots of kung fu like Kato.

Maybe Batman will also pack guns every now and then.

i doubt it. this ain't the 40s. Batman doesn't use guns anymore. Alfred's always been fine with using them so that's different.

Katana as the female sidekick is also a good idea and is obviously a swipe of Hit Girl from Kick Ass.

i wouldn't say a swipe, seeing as how they're next to nothing alike. DC is trying to promote Katana and her series and whatnot

Both Teen Titans go and Beware the Batman look like good replacements for Young Justice and Green Lantern. We can be sure the toy sales for Batman and Teen Titans will be better and everyone will be happy.

except for the people who liked Green Lantern and Young Justice

#26 Posted by frozenedge (1122 posts) - - Show Bio

If anything, not watching Beware the Batman or Teen Titans Go will just make Catoon network cancel DC Nation all together

#27 Posted by jasontodd7 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenedge said:

If anything, not watching Beware the Batman or Teen Titans Go will just make Catoon network cancel DC Nation all together

Maybe this way DC shows will have a place where good cartoons can have decent runs of the shows, like DCAU.

But since i'm not an us resident i don't really know what tv stations for cartoons are there beside cn, disney and boomerang ( cn owned station).

#28 Posted by mobilesleepy (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@modunhanul said:

They are cancelling Young Justice and Green Lantern TAS because toys and DVDs were not selling much. It's not Beware the Batman's fault.

Don't care. Probably will watch an episode out of curiosity.

These guys are out to make money, not art. No matter how good the show was, it's not coming back. It didn't sell toys, it didn't appeal to the target audience.

Look at Avengers and Ultimate Spider-Man. One had great stories and was very well done, the other was juvenile, ironic, and extreme. Which one was canceled? People protested, but in the end, no matter what, Ultimate Spider-Man is more popular, more profitable, and therefore keeps going. And sucking. Doesn't mean I have to like it. I don't have to support the brand.

Same thing with Young Justice and GLA. I saw the last episodes, and it's very annoying and disheartening seeing the directions they were planning to go but aren't because GL tanked at the box office and no one cares about teenage MetaHumans.. The shows that are replacing them just don't seem that good to me. They're going for the target audience because Batman and for the cool nostalgia kicks with the anime flavor. Maybe I'll change my mind, but it won't be out brand loyalty.

If anything, I'm hoping that Young Justice will continue on to Direct to DVD, Redbox, or streaming. That seems the only viable choice for them to continue, with. But other than that, I don't see it coming back.

#29 Posted by lordgawain (63 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenedge said:

That i do not wish to happen. Seeing these YJ and GLTAS shows cancelled upset me. But ill see how the new batman show is. If its good ill watch it.

@modunhanul said:

I understand why they cancelled the show, its a shame for us that the only reason they put a show on is to make money. But unfortunately that is the world works. Upsetting but reality.

Maybe if someone had some free maybe they could write a sequel for them.

#30 Posted by Superbat420 (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Beware the batman looks incredibly stupid and a slap in the face to batman fans

#31 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

The new titles will be:

Beware the Lack-Lusting Batman.

Teen Titans Go HOME!

#32 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992 said:

The new titles will be:

I wouldn't label it so quickly, one of the producers is Glen Murakami who worked on Batman Beyond and Teen Titans so its pretty obvious this guy is a fan of the comics. The show is also supposed to be based around the detective aspects of Batman.....so, its something a bit different.
#33 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@papad1992 said:

The new titles will be:

I wouldn't label it so quickly, one of the producers is Glen Murakami who worked on Batman Beyond and Teen Titans so its pretty obvious this guy is a fan of the comics. The show is also supposed to be based around the detective aspects of Batman.....so, its something a bit different.

I was throwing a joke out there because of the bandwagon appeals everyone on here has been emitting! But I don't judge until I experience it myself!

#34 Posted by SupBatz (1671 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm somewhat excited for Beware the Batman. Not watching it won't save Young Justice. And despite animation that is cringe worthy there are some big names attatched to the show that have me at least hopeful that I'll have something worth watching on future Saturday mornings.

#35 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12402 posts) - - Show Bio

@mobilesleepy said:

@modunhanul said:

These guys are out to make money, not art. No matter how good the show was, it's not coming back. It didn't sell toys, it didn't appeal to the target audience.

Look at Avengers and Ultimate Spider-Man. One had great stories and was very well done, the other was juvenile, ironic, and extreme. Which one was canceled? People protested, but in the end, no matter what, Ultimate Spider-Man is more popular, more profitable, and therefore keeps going. And sucking. Doesn't mean I have to like it. I don't have to support the brand.

Same thing with Young Justice and GLA. I saw the last episodes, and it's very annoying and disheartening seeing the directions they were planning to go but aren't because GL tanked at the box office and no one cares about teenage MetaHumans.. The shows that are replacing them just don't seem that good to me. They're going for the target audience because Batman and for the cool nostalgia kicks with the anime flavor. Maybe I'll change my mind, but it won't be out brand loyalty.

If anything, I'm hoping that Young Justice will continue on to Direct to DVD, Redbox, or streaming. That seems the only viable choice for them to continue, with. But other than that, I don't see it coming back.

it doesnt have anything to do with this either. both shows had great ratings. its crappy merchandise sales.

#36 Posted by russia599 (93 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Oops Soz meant to add 'not', sorry about that. I'm not trying to turn people against Batman, I just want Young Justice back and I'm trying to help. I'm sorry if I've offende you, but I and many others just want to help YJ

#37 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12402 posts) - - Show Bio

@russia599 said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Oops Soz meant to add 'not', sorry about that. I'm not trying to turn people against Batman, I just want Young Justice back and I'm trying to help. I'm sorry if I've offende you, but I and many others just want to help YJ

ok. sorry if i was a bit harsh.

#38 Posted by russia599 (93 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cjjb95: Ikr, Give us a villains we kinda know, Firefly and Batgirl appeals to both Guys and gals and if they retold her Year One origin story then I would watch the hell out of that show :)

#39 Posted by russia599 (93 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: No, no Don't worry about. I can see why some people disagree with my idea and that's fine. I'll probably see the first couple of episodes of the New Batman, but to be fair I'm not expecting much, I mean DC seem to be giving Katana a little bit too much hype. Also I don't get why they'd cancel the show on such a cliffhanger.

#40 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

@modunhanul: When was this said?

#41 Posted by SoA (4673 posts) - - Show Bio

i was not planning on watching ti , i got like 5 shows i watch on tv , so i see it as i just knocked down to 3 , one show is on hiatus and i havent caught up on another so i am down to 1 it seems lol

#42 Posted by tgoldberg (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Refusing to watch the new shows because they replaced ones you liked isn't going to help. Face it, YJ and GL:TAS were unpopular and throwing a great big tantrum over it won't bring them back.

#43 Posted by Suprman (442 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not blaming Beware the Batman or Teen Titans Go for the cancelations of Young Justice and Green Lantern. I blame the execs at CN for time slot changes and long unnecessary hiatuses. One of which CN executed without telling the show creators.

#44 Edited by mobilesleepy (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@mobilesleepy said:

@modunhanul said:

it doesnt have anything to do with this either. both shows had great ratings. its crappy merchandise sales.

Please check the beginning of my rant.

Gl did tank at the box office, whatever franchise ideas there were went down the drain with the movie-cartoon included.

Young Justice sounds like it had good ratings. But again- brand recognition. Yes, most of us know of the Justice Leauge, but some folks- myself included, did not know of about Red Tornado or Amazo, or Vandal Savage. I gave it a chance, but I don't collect toys. WB and CN are not interested in viewers like me. I just consume the cartoon.

In any case, the only viable future I see for Young Justice is DVD/Streaming movies/specials.

#45 Posted by joshmightbe (24465 posts) - - Show Bio

I already planned to not watch the new Batman show but YJ has nothing to do with that

#46 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

I already planned to not watch the new Batman show but YJ has nothing to do with that

#47 Posted by BlackReaper (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@cattlebattle said:

Right. Not watching the show will just make the network think that comic shows don't sell. So...yeah.

Unless we send them a letter explaining why we didn't watch it.

#48 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12402 posts) - - Show Bio

@mobilesleepy said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@mobilesleepy said:

@modunhanul said:

Please check the beginning of my rant.

Gl did tank at the box office, whatever franchise ideas there were went down the drain with the movie-cartoon included.

Young Justice sounds like it had good ratings. But again- brand recognition. Yes, most of us know of the Justice Leauge, but some folks- myself included, did not know of about Red Tornado or Amazo, or Vandal Savage. I gave it a chance, but I don't collect toys. WB and CN are not interested in viewers like me. I just consume the cartoon.

In any case, the only viable future I see for Young Justice is DVD/Streaming movies/specials.

there was no movie-cartoon. they weren't connected. i still say franchise for GL can be built.

#49 Posted by darkman97 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

my plans are to not watch the teen titans show at all. maybe to see if it's like the dc shorts. if they are, then i know it won't spark my interest at all.

i will check out the first show of batman. not that i don't like seeing new villains, but i think it may be a mistake not including batman's more popular ones. plus the villains they chose have very adult like gimicks. how will the make it a kid show without makinging it stupid and juvenile. will prof. pyg be his insane self trying to drug people or will he be running around making pig noises and doing swine themed crimes? i'm worried.

if i end up not liking either, i honestly won't watch CN at all. call it a boycott or whatever you want, i don't think not watching will automatically bring back YJ, but i do think if ratings are worse, they will bring in a show worth watching.

#50 Posted by mobilesleepy (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: So it's just a coincidence that a Green Lantern cartoon premiered right around the time a Green Lantern movie came out? Doesn't have to be connected, story wise. The Batman cartoon coming out isn't going to be a dark Nolan fantasy with themes about Class inequality or Man's struggle between Anarchy and Control starring the Joker and Bane, but it's Batman. A recognizable name with a somewhat successful franchise behind it. Green Lantern swung out. Why do you think the cartoons replacing them are familiar and tested properties?

I liked the Green Lantern cartoon, almost as much as Young Justice, but I seriously doubt it will be resurrected.

It'd be really cool to have a GL sequel to the first DVD only release tho. Loved the Training Day vibes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.