Follow

Young Justice

Team » Young Justice appears in 269 issues.

Young Justice started as another legacy team consisting of a generation of sidekicks younger than the original Teen Titans lineup. Like the Teen Titans, they would eventually increase membership beyond sidekicks and make a name for themselves beyond their mentors.

"The Hunt" Talkback

Mojo65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mojo65

So thoughts on the most recent episode guys?

I personally thought it was quite good, hightlights for me were M'gann and Dicks little moment, that was some cute friendship stuff and it showed M'gann's character growth. And Arsenal just generally being really competent and really awesome.

Mongul Vs Black Beetle was cool from the bit we saw, I wonder who will win in the end there. Though I suspect that while Mongul could beat Black Beetle, Green Beetle and some other Reach minions will show up to help him beat Mongul and he'll be caged by next episode.

The Light is now fully screwing the Reach over and it is glorious.

speaking of glorious, Godfrey had a great moment telling off the Negotiator like that.

Dick at the end though, while I can see why Arsenal on the team is problematic butttt he did just save all their lives, more importantly he went about it in a horrible way, turning a bunch of potential new recruits against them.

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By marvel123

i thought is was pretty good, i liked seeing the runaways in battle............the kid who teleports is awesome (reminds me of nightcrawler). i'm inerested to see how they tie it all together.

jasontodd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jasontodd7

now it seams like the people are despiting the reach as they started to look at the justice league with caution..

The light's plan may be that they already have an alternative alrdeady?

Hmm..i can't follow what they've been up to.

Damn it..

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By colonyofcells

It does look like the Light is very smart in pretending to work with Darkseid, the Reach and they even convinced Mongul to visit the earth.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#5  Edited By TheCannon

I hated seeing Arsenal kicked off the team. He's accomplished more than the entire team put together this season. Why kick him out?

jasontodd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jasontodd7

@TheCannon: You are right on this point but two times he put he's team in danger cause of his inside demons..but i would've rather had nightwing took him to black canary's therapy session instead..

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Veshark

Random thoughts:

*Aw, I was hoping the Runaways would get cool costumes from Luthor. Pity we couldn't see Static in his longcoat getup.

*The Reach Ambassador should win the award for 'Most Annoying Animated Character Ever'. Seriously, his propaganda's about as subtle as a brick to the face.

*It was cool to see Arsenal in action; and him freeing Mongul was a smart plan. Red Arrow was one of my favorite characters last season, and his clone donor's no exception

*And it was sad to see Nightwing do so little - again.

Overall, it was cool to see the plot moving into action, and at least Mongul had some use beyond just being a one-shot villain. This was a satisfactory episode, and while it wasn't exactly stellar, considering the number of episodes left - anything that moves the storyline forward is welcome.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#8  Edited By Black_Claw

This was a cool episode. But the only nitpick I have is that this is possibly the only time in the season where Nightwing kicks some ass and he does it all offscreen :(

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome episode! I just wish the team and the Runaways would stay together! There's so many of them they could make their own league! Also when Arsenal went towards the containment fields I was thinknig "Come on Roy, just release the heroes, you're not that crazy". Aaaaand he frees Mongul! :D Black Beetle's fight against Mongul was awesome! Hopefully Aqualad, Wally and Artemis rejoin the team!

Exia009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Exia009

@Black_Claw said:

This was a cool episode. But the only nitpick I have is that this is possibly the only time in the season where Nightwing kicks some ass and he does it all offscreen :(

I thought the exact same thing. I was hoping that, since the rest of the team was captured, they'd throw the spotlight on Nightwing a bit. As "leader," he's taken the role of Batman more than just in that capacity in terms of plot; he also has less screen time and doesn't really feel as though he's apart of the team. I would love to see just one nice fight scene with him, but who knows with only three episodes left..

That said, I enjoyed this episode very much. Arsenal certainly seems to have a hot streak though, he's very volatile and I like that about him, but I'm not sure how much I buy it. I feel as though he attributes most of his actions to "the pod" incident and it's getting rather redundant, I think.

Also, it seems that the show is going to have more than a few loose ends by the time the series ends (assuming CN doesn't by some miracle renew it), the most notable of which is all this Apokolips technology and Godfrey... I would've loved to see a grand interpretation of Darkseid as a major villain for a season.

Just as an aside, is anyone else as 'turbed' that the connection between Deathstroke and Dick was lost in this interpretation? :/

Dankeschoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dankeschoon

@blackclaw I think we'll see an awesome fight scene with slade and nightwing towards the end of the season. Hopefully they purposely put nightwing on the back burner for a huge payoff which would be him against death stroke IMO. I feel like they were gearing up for darkseid to be the big bad next season. Which we obviously won't see but I am hopeful that the light and reach storylines will get wrapped up at least. In general I think everyone needs to quit hating on the show until we see how it actually ends. There's still 3 episodes left and lots of time to wrap up the current storylines. I see a lot of posts about arsenal and him getting kicked off the team. IMO it's awesome!! How can you complain that they just set up the outsiders?? The only complaint I think is relavant is the fact that we aren't getting another season. I like how the comic book "started" the invasion storyline. But I am disappointed that it too is over. And kinda ticked that they pushed off the legacy game until September. But I'm sure it's worth the wait. With all that being said..I look foward to the last 3 eps.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ms__omega

I loved this episode great to see the "Runaways" get more screen time.

Atari_Graphics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Atari_Graphics

G. Gordon stole the episode with one scene.

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
    Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Fallen_Crippled

Nightwing needs more screentime. Other than that, this was a really good episode. I enjoyed Miss Martian and Nightwing's bonding moment. Arsenal was badass and the Runaways did a great job. I think the Runaways need to be brought into the comics (other than Static). Does anybody know if the other 3 characters have ever been introduced in comics? They were all in Super Friends, but with slight changes. Like Asami is based off a character named Samurai, but their is a gender change. I think that if there is a young justice comic spin off, the Runaways should be brought into it.

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arsenal gets his own team

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
    BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#16  Edited By BlueLantern1995

I felt horrible seeing Arsenal kicked off team and I wouldn't have done it myself. But still it was the right call.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By danhimself

I liked it but them teasing us with Nightwing's only fight scene taking place off panel sucks

also I don't like the Runaways as a team name....why not the Outsiders

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cattlebattle
    @TheCannon said: 

. He's accomplished more than the entire team put together this season. Why kick him out?

No he hasn't........

@danhimself said:

I liked it but them teasing us with Nightwing's only fight scene taking place off panel sucks

He had fight sequences in both Depths and Alienated
    TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#19  Edited By TheCannon

@cattlebattle: Yes he has. Freeing the team this past episode solos.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cattlebattle
    @TheCannon said:

@cattlebattle: Yes he has. Freeing the team this past episode solos.

solos what?
    Avatar image for bluelantern1995
    BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#21  Edited By BlueLantern1995

Arsenal didn't free the team. The Runaways did. Arsenal helped but they alone can get credit. Arsenal has not accomplished that much.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PassionFlower

I really liked the episode myself. I really enjoyed the Runaways and seeing G Gordon going in.

jasontodd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jasontodd7

@TheCannon: he wasn't really solo you know..he had the "misfits" with him and the previous experience with black bettle in lexfarms..

But he did manage pretty impressive things and the kick out wasn't really the best solution..

i guess that the writters wanted to live some doors opened for a possible season 3 when static, el dorado, samurai girl , long shadow and arsenal will formed they're own team..maybe a red hood joining too.

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
    Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Fallen_Crippled

G. Gordon pretty much owned this episode.

nmiller1939

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By nmiller1939

Can we just acknowledge that Dick didn't really kick Roy off the team? He told him that he's off the team until he proves he can be a team player. That sounds more like a suspension to me. Roy decided to leave.

pokemonmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By pokemonmon

@nmiller1939: exactly. he doesnt want him off the team. just to be a team player

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CrimsonCake

@danhimself said:

also I don't like the Runaways as a team name....why not the Outsiders

That could be a good idea and Nightwing could guide them.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.