SPOILERS! Did Anyone else catch tonight's episode of YJ?

Posted by Postacrat (496 posts) - - Show Bio

I have got to say the very small cameo's in this show stomp Avengers EMH. I mean pretty much every episode you see another member of the League, and they look great. I even saw Plastic man, Guy Gardner, Captain Marvel, John Stewart and even Icon! That last one I could not believe, they actually showed Icon for like half a second and it looked real good. Also the villain's picked for the episodes are a nice touch, and they are also drawn very well with interesting takes but nothing too extreme. I count the Joker, Poison Ivy, Black Adam, just to name a few and some magical power houses. This episode was a good one, actually most of them have been good. This show is shaping up to be a very engaging and entertaining show filled with surprises and unpredictability. The cameos alone with the JLA defending the world in the background of the whole young justice show really adds to it for me. But that's just my opinion anyone else agree in some way?

#1 Posted by danhimself (22578 posts) - - Show Bio

who was the chick that flew by right before Icon was shown....she went by so fast I couldn't see

also Guy Gardner's redesign for the show is awesome!

#3 Posted by Postacrat (496 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

who was the chick that flew by right before Icon was shown....she went by so fast I couldn't see

also Guy Gardner's redesign for the show is awesome!

No clue I'll have to catch it on demand or online, she was too fast and I blinked. Yeah I know Guy Gardner's hair cut is a big part of his image, but to be honest I never liked it. His redesign is very cool!

#4 Edited by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio
@Postacrat
When was Icon i missed about 5 minutes of this episode and apparently the part that would take this from a B to an A+ for me  
#5 Posted by Postacrat (496 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@Postacrat: When was Icon i missed about 5 minutes of this episode and apparently the part that would take this from a B to an A+ for me

He caught a helicopter saving the people inside, he had a serious look on his face too. I knew immediately who it was, I can't remember exactly when they showed him but it was brief. Actually i was about 5 minutes late too, so I think it was anywhere between 6-9 minutes in.

#6 Posted by Burnstar1230 (209 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

who was the chick that flew by right before Icon was shown....she went by so fast I couldn't see

also Guy Gardner's redesign for the show is awesome!

It was Rocket, another character originating from the MIlestone universe. I kinda want to believe that the kid with the dreads on the bus was a younger Static, but I highly doubt that. Anyways, it was a great episode.

#7 Posted by Postacrat (496 posts) - - Show Bio

@Burnstar1230 said:

@danhimself said:

who was the chick that flew by right before Icon was shown....she went by so fast I couldn't see

also Guy Gardner's redesign for the show is awesome!

It was Rocket, another character originating from the MIlestone universe. I kinda want to believe that the kid with the dreads on the bus was a younger Static, but I highly doubt that. Anyways, it was a great episode.

That was Icon's side kick rocket? Man it get's better and better!

#8 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio
@Postacrat
Went back and watched it and saw him also the woman who flew by that you can't see looks like Rocket
#9 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought I saw two of the Milestone characters. That was so cool to see Icon and Rocket.

#10 Posted by cattlebattle (12820 posts) - - Show Bio
@Burnstar1230 said:

@danhimself said:

who was the chick that flew by right before Icon was shown....she went by so fast I couldn't see

also Guy Gardner's redesign for the show is awesome!

It was Rocket, another character originating from the MIlestone universe. I kinda want to believe that the kid with the dreads on the bus was a younger Static, but I highly doubt that. Anyways, it was a great episode.

I thought that same thing!!
 
and I like to think Blue Devil showing up is a good indication Kid Devil might appear
#11 Posted by FridgeRaider (15 posts) - - Show Bio

The city that Icon and Rocket were shown, was that Dakota or Gotham?

#12 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

I was amazed to see Icon and Rocket make an appearance. We may see Static in the future. Stay tuned.

#13 Edited by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

I was amazed to see Icon and Rocket make an appearance. We may see Static in the future. Stay tuned.

Yeah, seeing Icon and Rocket was definitely a bonus. Looking forward for Rocket doing something with the team? But wait, you like Static? Could never have guessed, never figured you for a milestone kind of guy.

#14 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Static Shock said:

I was amazed to see Icon and Rocket make an appearance. We may see Static in the future. Stay tuned.

Yeah, seeing Icon and Rocket was definitely a bonus. Looking forward for Rocket doing something with the team? But wait, you like Static? Could never have guessed, never figured you for a milestone kind of guy.

-Static looks at his user name-

LOL.

#15 Posted by cattlebattle (12820 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:

I was amazed to see Icon and Rocket make an appearance. We may see Static in the future. Stay tuned.

mmmm....I would love to see Static and some other Milestone characters
 
Headmaster was reported on television as being apprehended by Martian Manhunter in the episode Terrors,
#16 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7708 posts) - - Show Bio

If Static is used in the show then the type of characterization for him should be the same one used when he had his own tv series.

#17 Posted by Postacrat (496 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

If Static is used in the show then the type of characterization for him should be the same one used when he had his own tv series.

Yeah and he'll probably be drawn way better too!

#18 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

with the theme of sidekicks maybe if static shows up he'll be hardwares sidekick or black lightnings (which would be awesome)

#19 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

Static in Young Justice?

That'd make way too much sense to happen. It'd be awesome though, for sure.

#20 Edited by Postacrat (496 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

with the theme of sidekicks maybe if static shows up he'll be hardwares sidekick or black lightnings (which would be awesome)

That would be a good idea, but I think his age should qualify him. He's similar to Spiderman in the sense that they both started young and nether of them were ever sidekicks. Now rocket would be an interesting addition.

@Adnan said:

Static in Young Justice?

That'd make way too much sense to happen. It'd be awesome though, for sure.

Agreed it would be awesome, after all he is a teen and goes to highschool just like them. however it would be too much like the cool thing wouldn't it?

#21 Posted by Postacrat (496 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor:You know what? Static being a black lightening sidekick or protoge really would be too awesome.

#22 Posted by Ms. Omega (4479 posts) - - Show Bio

@Adnan:

I so wish they would put Static in the show.

#23 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio
@Postacrat
yeah i'm still upset they picked hardware over Black Lightning in his new titile but hopefully YJ will rectafy this error if static ever shows up
#24 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7708 posts) - - Show Bio

@Postacrat said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

If Static is used in the show then the type of characterization for him should be the same one used when he had his own tv series.

Yeah and he'll probably be drawn way better too!

He wasn't bad in the SS Cartoon, graphic wise

#25 Posted by Postacrat (496 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Postacrat said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

If Static is used in the show then the type of characterization for him should be the same one used when he had his own tv series.

Yeah and he'll probably be drawn way better too!

He wasn't bad in the SS Cartoon, graphic wise

I didn't care for the WB drawing style much, like batman when it first came out he looked like a bunch of squares. I felt the same way about Superman, they just had really boxy physiques to me and square chins. Static had a pointy chin, I juust like DC movie style of art better. For instance Batman under the red hood looked excellent to me, and YJ reminds me of it a lot!

#26 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7708 posts) - - Show Bio

@Postacrat said:

@BlackArmor:You know what? Static being a black lightening sidekick or protoge really would be too awesome.

Agreed@Postacrat said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Postacrat said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

If Static is used in the show then the type of characterization for him should be the same one used when he had his own tv series.

Yeah and he'll probably be drawn way better too!

He wasn't bad in the SS Cartoon, graphic wise

I didn't care for the WB drawing style much, like batman when it first came out he looked like a bunch of squares. I felt the same way about Superman, they just had really boxy physiques to me and square chins. Static had a pointy chin, I juust like DC movie style of art better. For instance Batman under the red hood looked excellent to me, and YJ reminds me of it a lot!

So like the Bruce Timm drawings? I see what you mean.

#27 Posted by DemonicBlade (164 posts) - - Show Bio
Icon on Young Justice
#28 Posted by Metatron_Da_Don (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

@DemonicBlade said:

Icon on Young Justice

aappeared as a photo Superman nominated him to help expand the JL

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.