Follow

Young Justice

Team » Young Justice appears in 269 issues.

Young Justice started as another legacy team consisting of a generation of sidekicks younger than the original Teen Titans lineup. Like the Teen Titans, they would eventually increase membership beyond sidekicks and make a name for themselves beyond their mentors.

Speculation on what will happen after the hiatus!!!!

srk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By srk12

Now that we have a regrettably long hiatus to deal with, I figure we might as well speculate on what will happen following the dramatic events of 'Depths'. So we have Artemis who is disguised and has gone under cover with Aqualad presumably to join Black Manta's organization. We have an entire team and the remaining members of the Justice League who are mourning Artemis' death. And then we have Nightwing and Wally who are in a precarious position of having to pretend to grieve and continue with their daily routine while really keeping the secret of Artemis and Aqualad from the rest of the team and the league. Then we have Lagoon Boy who has been captured and could become another specimen for the Light's partner as Kaldur put it even though he has promised to try and protect him. We also have other captured kids such as Longshadow who are also presumably specimens for for the Light and their partner. There is also Bart Allen and his apocalyptic future which could be connected to the Light and their partner's intentions. But it could be something completely different. And finally we have the core members of the league who are still absent and don't seem to be anywhere close to returning as far as we know.

I feel for Nightwing and particularly Wally because they are in a very precarious position. I mean in a way it is a betrayal of their friendship with the rest of the team to keep such a big secret from them, but the reason is important. I can easily imagine that Wally's going to have a tough time, especially if he continues to stay a civilian. He will have to go through a pretend grieving process while in reality be worried about Artemis' safety which he can do nothing about. I assume that he's going to return to the team because it will allow him to keep better track of what is going on with Black Manta, and also because he will know that Nightwing will need his help to keep such a massive secret from the rest of the team while still keeping their regular work going. I doubt we will see much of Aqualad and Artemis until the last quarter of the season since they are deep cover. Maybe once every 4 episodes. Meanwhile, Superboy and Miss Martian will try and search for Lagoon Boy and along with Blue Beetle attempt to find out what are the kidnapped 'specimens' being used for. There's obviously a lot more going on and a lot of characters who we haven't seen much in action. I presume there will be at least a few episodes after the hiatus where we will see some of the newer characters get some chance to show off their chops before the latter half of the season starts and things get dramatic again. I get the feeling that the season will end with the core six uniting and fighting again.

One of the things that I'm most curious about and have no idea how it'll go is Artemis' role as a mole. Since Kaldur is now a high ranking member in Black manta's organization, I'm wonder what use Artemis will be. Besides, it doesn't seem likely that Black manta will just randomly trust some new girl who has just joined their organization. It will be interesting to see how that is handled.

Kweschun_Mark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Kweschun_Mark

I know that Artemis got in the Manta Ship with Aqualad, but I don't recall them saying anything about her joining also going in as a mole. It was just left really cliff-hanger-y as to where she was going. I doubt she'll be joining Queen Bee's group as a mole there, since Psimon will be able to read her mind. Wonder where she went :/

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AweSam

@Kweschun_Mark said:

I know that Artemis got in the Manta Ship with Aqualad, but I don't recall them saying anything about her joining also going in as a mole. It was just left really cliff-hanger-y as to where she was going. I doubt she'll be joining Queen Bee's group as a mole there, since Psimon will be able to read her mind. Wonder where she went :/

I agree, I think he's just taking her to a safe location, away from the team. I don't think bringing her as a mole is wise, the only that's protecting her identity is the necklace. If she's discovered, her and Kaldur are done for. If Aquagirl really faked her death, maybe Artemis is being taken to the same location.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CrimsonCake

Lagoon boy is Killed and then fried to be eaten as a buffet for The light.

Impulse Joins the team.

TheCommissar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By TheCommissar

Hopefully Static will join the team, but I suppose there isn't a purpose for him just yet. As far as we know, at any rate.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Bestostero

@AweSam: I like this theory of possibly Aquagirl faking her death as well too and that Artemis is going to join her at an undisclosed location, but I think it's more likely that Aquagirl did die and that he's only taking Artemis to Tempest. If Aquagirl faked her death as well, it would just be too... repetitive I don't think the show's creators would be that redundant.

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Or35ti

I wonder if anyone will actually die in this series. I love it but I believe something really dramatic needs to happen to shake it up some more.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bestostero

@Or35ti said:

I wonder if anyone will actually die in this series. I love it but I believe something really dramatic needs to happen to shake it up some more.

They did hype up a death ever since the first season, but nothing came of it. The closest thing was Kent Nelson passing on and Zatara taking his place. Tula is probably dead, but that happened off air.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Bestostero said:

@Or35ti said:

They did hype up a death ever since the first season, but nothing came of it. The closest thing was Kent Nelson passing on and Zatara taking his place. Tula is probably dead, but that happened off air.

They never hyped up anything...unless you mean the fans, thats where the "someone will die" theory came from

As far as we know Tula, Ted Kord and Kent Nelson are the confirmed casualties...and Artemis kind of...
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bestostero

@cattlebattle said:

@Bestostero said:

@Or35ti said:

They never hyped up anything...unless you mean the fans, thats where the "someone will die" theory came from As far as we know Tula, Ted Kord and Kent Nelson are the confirmed casualties...and Artemis kind of...

No, this comes from one of the old old old interviews where they mentioned that they are all young, and they are like horny teens (i seriously think thats what he described them as) and that not everyone is gonna make it.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Bestostero said:

@cattlebattle said:

\

No, this comes from one of the old old old interviews where they mentioned that they are all young, and they are like horny teens (i seriously think thats what he described them as) and that not everyone is gonna make it.

Yes... I know the interview

and no where in that interview does it say someone will die, just means not everyone will make it. The fans immediately delineated that as some sort of implication that someone dies, mainly Artemis
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bestostero

@cattlebattle said:

@Bestostero said:

@cattlebattle said:

\

Yes... I know the interview and no where in that interview does it say someone will die, just means not everyone will make it. The fans immediately delineated that as some sort of implication that someone dies, mainly Artemis

That makes sense, guess I bought into that hype, just found the thread I posted longgggg ago about this!

srk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By srk12

I still think Artemis is going under cover in some way. Towards the end of the episode Nightwing says "We're through the hard part. They are in." Wally responds "Who are you kidding! It only gets more dangerous from here." Now Aqualad taking Artemis to safety does make more sense but why would Nightwing say "They're in" and why would Wally speculate about the danger both will be in if Artemis wasn't also going under cover.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bestostero

@srk12 said:

I still think Artemis is going under cover in some way. Towards the end of the episode Nightwing says "We're through the hard part. They are in." Wally responds "Who are you kidding! It only gets more dangerous from here." Now Aqualad taking Artemis to safety does make more sense but why would Nightwing say "They're in" and why would Wally speculate about the danger both will be in if Artemis wasn't also going under cover.

Good point, that means she's still has some role in all this, and i THINK i know why!

They are gonna ship Artemis to the partners for experimentation so that she can figure out what is going on with the missing kids! Cause that's part of the reason why Kaldur joined in the first place, to get closer to the Lights and their partners.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cattlebattle
    @srk12 said:

I have a feeling Artemis will take on this identity  maybe even have something with Icicle

In action
    In action
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bestostero

@cattlebattle: I said that earlier in a different thread, but with Sportsmaster back with the Lights and Cheshire on and off...it doesn't seem like a good idea if she did join as a bad guy, especially using her old alias. I think her role as a fake specimen for the partners is more likely, they can see where the kidnapped kids are taken and what are done with them, they saw that they were abducting kids in Beneath so they probably want to know why.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Bestostero said:

@cattlebattle: I said that earlier in a different thread, but with Sportsmaster back with the Lights and Cheshire on and off...it doesn't seem like a good idea if she did join as a bad guy, especially using her old alias. I think her role as a fake specimen for the partners is more likely, they can see where the kidnapped kids are taken and what are done with them, they saw that they were abducting kids in Beneath so they probably want to know why.

She never used that alias

They don't know where the abducted kids go...Aqualad isn't that far up the ladder yet. She may play up that lead...but why would she disguise herself then...there is a specific reason for that
    JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JohnnyGat

Willing to bet that there'll be an episode side story where Mal Duncan becomes the Guardian. I mean as far as side hinting goes his relationship with Bumblebee is strained because of her heroics and the fact that the creators felt the need to emphasize that interaction slightly at all. I mean chances are I'm over-thinking this but really it's just that I don't know his characters position in the team just feels unnecessary that they have to have a better purpose than having a regular guy being in the cast, I mean they could have used some smart guy but they chose him. Why?

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bestostero

@cattlebattle: But didn't she mention that in one of the episodes where she revealed that she and her family were all criminals at some point?

Exactly, they dont know where they go, that's why they want someone to see where. And I think Aqualad is that far up because he was able to spare Lagoon Boy by giving the excuse of handing him to the partners.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Bestostero said:

@cattlebattle: But didn't she mention that in one of the episodes where she revealed that she and her family were all criminals at some point?

Exactly, they dont know where they go, that's why they want someone to see where. And I think Aqualad is that far up because he was able to spare Lagoon Boy by giving the excuse of handing him to the partners.

Do you pay attention to the show LOL??.....just kidding 

Huntress was her mothers identity...just like in the comics, they showed a picture of her mother and Sportsmaster.  

No Caption Provided

Aqualad was upset that he had to hand over Lagoon Boy...it was either hand him over to the Light as a captive or kill him so he didn't blow his cover. Artemis as an agent of the Light will likely volunteer to oversee that end of the project, which will likely lead her to meet Icicle
    srk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By srk12

I honestly very seriously doubt that there will be any focused interaction between a disguised Artemis and Icicle. Its just not an important aspect and there's too much going on to waste time on something like that. Besides, Icicle is like a low level lackey for Queen Bee and I doubt Artemis will want to be anywhere close to Queen Bee considering she can read her mind. Like I said, we know nothing of what Artemis' undercover operation could be. I think it is likely that she will investigate what is going on with the kidnapped victims.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Bestostero

@cattlebattle: Well I never claimed to know everything about the show, so excuse me for being incorrect lol

but anyways, yes he spared his life by offering him up as a specimen for the partners, but he didnt give him up right then and there, he was taken in by his men and presumably still in his custody, he did say he would try and let Lagoon Boy go, so I'm sure he still has access to him. And even if Artemis joins as an agent of the light, she is new and WAY down the ladder, if you think Aqualad is low, she is even lower, she wouldnt be able to access anything that Aqualad hasnt already, but as a specimen she will get more intel on where the kids are taken and what is being done with them.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Bestostero said:

@cattlebattle: Well I never claimed to know everything about the show, so excuse me for being incorrect lol

but anyways, yes he spared his life by offering him up as a specimen for the partners, but he didnt give him up right then and there, he was taken in by his men and presumably still in his custody, he did say he would try and let Lagoon Boy go, so I'm sure he still has access to him. And even if Artemis joins as an agent of the light, she is new and WAY down the ladder, if you think Aqualad is low, she is even lower, she wouldnt be able to access anything that Aqualad hasnt already, but as a specimen she will get more intel on where the kids are taken and what is being done with them.

If he has him in his custody then he is gone, Aqualads cover will likely be questioned if he shows any leniency for Lagoon Boy, Artemis might disguise herself as one of Mantas foot soldiers, how can anyone tell them apart, Aqualad can jut tell Manta that she is his right hand man, and have her oversee the delivery of captives.

If she is a specimen how would she gain any intel. They are unconscious in the tubes. She will likely be playing another agent of the Light
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By cattlebattle
    @srk12 said:

@cattlebattle I honestly very seriously doubt that there will be any focused interaction between a disguised Artemis and Icicle. Its just not an important aspect and there's too much going on to waste time on something like that. Besides, Icicle is like a low level lackey for Queen Bee and I doubt Artemis will want to be anywhere close to Queen Bee considering she can read her mind. Like I said, we know nothing of what Artemis' undercover operation could be. I think it is likely that she will investigate what is going on with the kidnapped victims.

well, that made no sense....you said you doubt that Artemis will have any interaction with Icicle and Queen Bee...yet you think she will follow the kidnapped kids lead, which was overseen by.......dunh, dunh, duh!!........Queen Bee and her Fearsome Five, which included Icicle Jr.

Queen Bee cannot effect womens minds btw, and whether Psimon would read hers unless he had reason too is the real question
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Bestostero

@cattlebattle said:

@Bestostero said:

If he has him in his custody then he is gone, Aqualads cover will likely be questioned if he shows any leniency for Lagoon Boy, Artemis might disguise herself as one of Mantas foot soldiers, how can anyone tell them apart, Aqualad can jut tell Manta that she is his right hand man, and have her oversee the delivery of captives. If she is a specimen how would she gain any intel. They are unconscious in the tubes. She will likely be playing another agent of the Light

Well he's a mole, he wouldn't downright say, ok you're free to go, he would probably make it look like Lagoon Boy escaped through one of his lackeys mishaps or something.

They could sabotage a pod and make it appear as if she was in hibernation, they did recover a plane full of these pods, they could've fiddle around with one and given it to Kaldur, or figure out how they work and prepared Artemis for everything she needs to know to escape one once in place.

There's a lot of possibilities and what if's, it could go either way.

srk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By srk12

Well Queen Bee is not the only one who seems to be doing kidnappings. Its clear that Black Manta's organization is doing the same. I think Artemis will try to find a lead through Black Manta's end while Aqualad deals with higher end information regarding the Light.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Bestostero said:

@cattlebattle said:

I am sticking with my original theory, that she goes by Tigress and works as an agent of the Light, otherwise...what would be the point of changing her appearance if she could have just dressed up in Mantas armor
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bestostero

@cattlebattle: I don't think you understand what I said, but that's ok, lets not argue, like I said, lots of possibilities and what if's. Not worth fighting over.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By cattlebattle
    @srk12 said:

@cattlebattle Well Queen Bee is not the only one who seems to be doing kidnappings. Its clear that Black Manta's organization is doing the same. I think Artemis will try to find a lead through Black Manta's end while Aqualad deals with higher end information regarding the Light.

It seems they are gathered before delivery to Queen Bee as she had to instruct the "partners" if they messed up a delivery, any number of agents can do the actual kidnapping, I just think that they wind up in Queen Bees care before being finally shipped out.

I understand what you said about having Icicle and Artemis be a useless sub plot, but the show does love to to have "shouts" to the comic, in the comics, they are famously a couple. The fact that Artemis appearance was altered leads me to believe that she will don the Tigress identity
    Kweschun_Mark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Kweschun_Mark

@cattlebattle said:

@srk12 said:

@cattlebattle Well Queen Bee is not the only one who seems to be doing kidnappings. Its clear that Black Manta's organization is doing the same. I think Artemis will try to find a lead through Black Manta's end while Aqualad deals with higher end information regarding the Light.

It seems they are gathered before delivery to Queen Bee as she had to instruct the "partners" if they messed up a delivery, any number of agents can do the actual kidnapping, I just think that they wind up in Queen Bees care before being finally shipped out. I understand what you said about having Icicle and Artemis be a useless sub plot, but the show does love to to have "shouts" to the comic, in the comics, they are famously a couple. The fact that Artemis appearance was altered leads me to believe that she will don the Tigress identity

As fun as seeing Artemis pick up the Tigress identity as a hint to comic fans would be. I don't know how well it would play out. Especially with Sportsmaster still in cahoots with the light. I believe Artemis said that her mother took both names of Huntress and Tigress. (I'll have to rewatch that part to make sure, but I thought I heard both names used). So if that is true, I think Sportsmaster would be intrigued to see some random chick using the name, and having a similar fight style as his daughter. He'd catch on way too quickly if they took that angle.

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By RedOwl_1

@CrimsonCake said:

Impulse Joins the team.

Yay, fried b*tch :D

Impulse may join at the end of season, but is just a feeling.

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By X9

@RedOwl_1 said:

@CrimsonCake said:

Impulse Joins the team.

Yay, fried b*tch :D

Impulse may join at the end of season, but is just a feeling.

No, Impulse is a nice guy. Lagoon Boy, on the other hand... and now that he's gone the team has a room to one more hero... Static/Kyle/real Roy...

And it's funny that you call male characters bitches... makes me laugh XD

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bestostero

I don't think Lagoon Boy will be offed, at least I hope not...

poor Lagoon Boy getting not love anywhere, that's ok cause I like him :(

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

#34  Edited By krspaceT

@CrimsonCake: I read that on a fanfiction once

@TheCommissar: Same here

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CrimsonCake

@krspaceT said:

@CrimsonCake: I read that on a fanfiction once

@TheCommissar: Same here

Someone wrote a fan fiction where they cooked and ate lagoon boy?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By cattlebattle

Lagoon Boy hate reminds me of early Superboy hate.......ironic considering both of them have a relationship with M'gann, and apparently they don't get along

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By krspaceT

@CrimsonCake: Well, the Light did anyway. To be specific; Vandal Savage, Ocean Master and Klarion....its a fic written in a world where Red starroed Aqualad yet the others escaped.

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#38  Edited By Imagine_Man15

I think the Competitor will be confirmed the be The Reach, the shadow figure hanging out with Sportsmaster will turn out to be The Negotiator, Cheshire is going to learn that her sister was "killed" and want revenge on Aqualad, and clone Roy will help her, and they'll attack him throwing a huge wrench in the plan. Mal Duncan will become a hero, real Roy will become Arsenal, Superboy and Miss Martian will end up back together, and something will drive Wally to the brink and he'll surpass Bart in speed.

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By krspaceT

@Imagine_Man15: He does sort of look the part, ze negociator.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Imagine_Man15 said:

I think the Competitor will be confirmed the be The Reach, the shadow figure hanging out with Sportsmaster will turn out to be The Negotiator, Cheshire is going to learn that her sister was "killed" and want revenge on Aqualad, and clone Roy will help her, and they'll attack him throwing a huge wrench in the plan. Mal Duncan will become a hero, real Roy will become Arsenal, Superboy and Miss Martian will end up back together, and something will drive Wally to the brink and he'll surpass Bart in speed.

I agree with all this except I think The partner will be Black Beetle, Negotiator is always kind of depicted as a smaller guy, the Partner looks rather massive
    Avatar image for wcantthecomicsbgood
    wcantthecomicsbgood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's my speculation on Lagoon Boy...

With the show's obsessions with cloning and with intertwining the Fourth World into the story, I'll assume that either The Deep Six will be created from his DNA, or he'll be revealed as a Deep Six clone originally created to undermine Atlantis/The JLA.

(He Just really looks like The Deep Six guys, is all.)

No Caption Provided
    Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#42  Edited By Teerack

The original speedy will probably get the gold robot arm and go by the name Arsenal.

The justice league is probably in some space jail.

I doubt it, but i'd really like to see Garth become aqua lad or Tempest.

Considering they have Tim Drake a robin and Dick garrison as Nightwing. I really hope they have an episode with Jason Todd as the Red Hood.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Skaddix

@Teerack said:

The original speedy will probably get the gold robot arm and go by the name Arsenal.

Considering they have Tim Drake a robin and Dick garrison as Nightwing. I really hope they have an episode with Jason Todd as the Red Hood.

Pretty Sure Garth is already called Tempest by this point.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Teerack said:

In the Young Justice video game, which takes place between seasons, Garth is a part of the team and goes by Tempest. Which sucks because I would have liked to see him join the current team.
    X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By X9

I don't know, focus on my favorite characters, less useless ones. After all the rush/random scenes and episodes, I wish they take one step at a time and slow things down a little bit. Cause all that "wow, new stuff. what now?!" is cool, but leads nowhere.

And I believe the story should take a clear direction, now that it's going to be in the 8th episode out of 20.

Dhor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Dhor

how long is the hiatus?

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By X9

Till September...

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By cattlebattle

I am starting to think that maybe we will get to see an episode where Nightwing, tim and Babs have to defend Gotham while Batman is gone...just seems like a good plot to center around Nightwing while they show his decision to become Nightwing

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.