Should they have done Auld differently

#1 Posted by krspaceT (1509 posts) - - Show Bio

Recently when I was trolling Fanfiction, I found a few stories where Auld had a different ending, with the Justice League under the Light's control and the Team declared fugitives. Would that have made a better season 2 plot?

#2 Posted by cattlebattle (13401 posts) - - Show Bio

nope, I think season 2 is genius as it is

#3 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

#4 Posted by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

No it isn't. I protest it's existence.

#5 Posted by krspaceT (1509 posts) - - Show Bio

But it would have been such an interesting angle. Also, if they were on the run, Lagoon Boy would never join them!

#6 Posted by cattlebattle (13401 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

@ReVamp said:

LOL, why?? Butthurt over timeskip???
#7 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@ReVamp said:

I might have liked Season 2 to be in the same time period, but if its going to be 5 years after then its perfect as is.

#8 Posted by krspaceT (1509 posts) - - Show Bio

Season two is good, but could an angle of the team vs the league have worked?

#9 Posted by Sentinel373 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

season 2 is good but the team roster is too large for my taste, I liked the larger focus on individual characters in season 1. in the first episode you see a large portion of the team together but now were 6 episodes in and we still havent been introduced to several characters.

#10 Posted by Bestostero (5590 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

#11 Posted by krspaceT (1509 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sentinel373: We still have some time, after all it took nearly all season for a Robin episode

#12 Posted by X9 (767 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sentinel373 said:

season 2 is good but the team roster is too large for my taste, I liked the larger focus on individual characters in season 1. in the first episode you see a large portion of the team together but now were 6 episodes in and we still havent been introduced to several characters.

Yeah, I have to agree with that. Also, there are characters who still haven't interacted with each other. Like the majority of girls with the majority of guys :P

I think it's about to come, though. As the team is big, they have to divide it in smaller teams/squads, as it's supposed to be. So it's obvious that we won't get to see interaction between all the characters most episodes. Unless the story takes a new road, which I think is gonna happen.

But I'm loving season 2, I think it's better than the first one. I don't have enough patience for teen drama or too much of that teen atmosphere. It's tiring. Now the main characters aren't teenagers anymore and they make the others behave in a different way because of that.

So, no, I wouldn't change it.

#13 Posted by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@ReVamp said:

Yes... I hate the sudden lack of explanation for the various amount of added characters, ended friendships, trust gained, etc.

@ReVamp: *mutters incoherently*

#14 Posted by cattlebattle (13401 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

@cattlebattle said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@ReVamp said:

Yes... I hate the sudden lack of explanation for the various amount of added characters, ended friendships, trust gained, etc.

You must have hated Justice League Unlimited also, Its not really sudden as 5 years have obviously passed, its quite an ingenious way to advance a story......being its a cartoon which will only likely last a couple of seasons as opposed to a comic that could go on for decades
#15 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

@krspaceT said:

Season two is good, but could an angle of the team vs the league have worked?

I don't like the team vs the JLA, it's just so unoriginal. I like how the Light took the main guys out in a very uncommon way.

#16 Posted by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@cattlebattle said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@ReVamp said:

You must have hated Justice League Unlimited also, Its not really sudden as 5 years have obviously passed, its quite an ingenious way to advance a story......being its a cartoon which will only likely last a couple of seasons as opposed to a comic that could go on for decades

Honestly, as Justice League came out when I was younger, I cared little for it and thought it made more sense. In YJ, they established a far better story and relationships between the character and then all of sudden throw it out the window to merely add new characters. Not impressed.

#17 Posted by cattlebattle (13401 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

@cattlebattle said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@cattlebattle said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@ReVamp said:

Honestly, as Justice League came out when I was younger, I cared little for it and thought it made more sense. In YJ, they established a far better story and relationships between the character and then all of sudden throw it out the window to merely add new characters. Not impressed.

What did they throw out the window exactly, everything large like Aqualad going renegade will likely be addressed in a gripping episode, gives you something too look forward too. The timeskip shows the show is unpredictable and imaginative
#18 Posted by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@cattlebattle said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@cattlebattle said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@ReVamp said:

What did they throw out the window exactly, everything large like Aqualad going renegade will likely be addressed in a gripping episode, gives you something too look forward too. The timeskip shows the show is unpredictable and imaginative
  • How Kon-El and Superman built their relationship
  • How Dick became Nightwing and leader of Young Justice
  • Why Kon, M'gann and Dick all denied becoming Leaguers
  • Why Wally and Artemis quit the team
  • How Roy and Cheshire hooked up

Just to name a few.

#19 Posted by cattlebattle (13401 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

@cattlebattle said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@cattlebattle said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@cattlebattle said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@ReVamp said:

\
  • How Kon-El and Superman built their relationship
  • How Dick became Nightwing and leader of Young Justice
  • Why Kon, M'gann and Dick all denied becoming Leaguers
  • Why Wally and Artemis quit the team
  • How Roy and Cheshire hooked up

Just to name a few.

Almost all of these things are likely going to be addressed, you have to patient..

I personally think the it was a slick move, the second season would have been another six month time period of the team just fighting bad guys and gaining new members, skipping five years turned everything on its side and allows them to bring in more characters and deliver to the fans some very clamored characters (Dick as Nightwing)....It also makes everything seem more realistic as things like finding Roy and the missing 16 hours were discovered after a long time instead of conveniently discovered soon after they are brought up
#20 Posted by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: I have no doubt they'l be adressed but a single episode dedicated to explain doesn't make up for "5 years".

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.