Follow

Young Justice

Team » Young Justice appears in 268 issues.

Young Justice started as another legacy team consisting of a generation of sidekicks younger than the original Teen Titans lineup. Like the Teen Titans, they would eventually increase membership beyond sidekicks and make a name for themselves beyond their mentors.

Should Their Be Another Time Skip in Young Justice?

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

Edited By Doctor!!!!!

Word is that Greg Wiseman, Co-Showruner for Young Justice, will do a another time skip for season 3. Greg has said that this season takes place between 6 months, just like season 1 did. If Season 3 happens what would you think would happen, or what do you think about the entire time skip in general? This will give us new characters, maybe Damian, Red Hood and Stephanie Brown as Robin and or Batgirl, Zachary Zatara, Lorena as Aquagirl, Mia Dearden(most likely with out the HIV's) or Connor Hawke, Iris West, and maybe Rose Wilson (you guys seem to love you some Ravager).

No Caption Provided

Now just think of all those new character designs and story lines that could start from this.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By rav4

@Doctor!!!!! said:

This will give us new characters, maybe Damian, Red Hood and Stephanie Brown as Robin and or Batgirl, Zachary Zatara, Lorena as Aquagirl, Mia Dearden(most likely with out the HIV's) or Connor Hawke, Iris West, and maybe Rose Wilson (you guys seem to love you some Ravager).

Yes. Please.

Though really they shouldn't need to do a time skip to add her... she and cassie are (supposed to be) the same age, and cassie is already there, so... then again ages don't mean much in this show.

YoggSaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By YoggSaron

Either keep on the same track as Invasion or do another time skip, just avoid jumping backwards. An entire season devoted to something where we already know the outcome is not something I really want to see.

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

@YoggSaron said:

Either keep on the same track as Invasion or do another time skip, just avoid jumping backwards. An entire season devoted to something where we already know the outcome is not something I really want to see.

Well that's what it sounds like what hes doing. Season 1 was independence, Season 2 was the Invasion, and three will be completely different.

MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

#4  Edited By MatKrenz

For some reason im thinking that Jason is gonna appear later this season. Honestly this is just wishful thinking.

Im thinking that the next season is gonna be about magic seeing as how we are doing sci-fi now. Hell we can introduce John Constantine and Swamp Thing, that would be epic.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I would like to see new characters like Stephanie Brown, Damian Wayne, Mia Dearden, Red Hood, etc. but I do not think I would want another time skip. Alot of fans still don't like the first time skip

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

@MatKrenz said:

For some reason im thinking that Jason is gonna appear later this season. Honestly this is just wishful thinking.

Im thinking that the next season is gonna be about magic seeing as how we are doing sci-fi now. Hell we can introduce John Constantine and Swamp Thing, that would be epic.

John Constantine would be just plain awesome!

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By krspaceT

A shorter skip of course, and as long as he keeps to work with lesser used characters, and making them better known. A Gen13 or newer TT, like Solstice or Bombshell, would be interesting.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By the_tree

No. I like where we're at.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Skaddix

Its not going to give us Red Hood. He should already exist.

As for Rose maybe but her and Cass Cain have the problem of being too similar to Artemis. Also they said they want to avoid Deathstroke but they might change their mind.

Still for Damian to show and build a reasonable supporting cast around they guy without heavy age retconning (only Beast Boy and Z have gotten that) requires about 15 Years. Lian Harper is a baby. Iris West does not exist yet. Throw in Chris Kent maybe. Animal man's daugther. So five right there. Assuming they don't kill Aquababy that is another. For 6. Rocket has a son in comics that gets you 7. Want 8 then age mod or heavily modify a character. But I would say save that for a Season 4 because I am not sure where you jump after that and Kids shows usually only last 3-5 seasons.

Now if we are talking 5 years or so that is a lot easier plenty of options. Based on who is not shown up yet. Supergirl, Cass or Steph as Batgirl, Mia or Connor Hawke, Kid Devil, Static, Aquagirl (Lorena), Bombshell (Greg is a big Cap Atom Fan), Mary Marvel or Ravager, Magic User in Black Alice, Zachary Zatara or Traci 13. Maybe some more obscure character likes Hotspot, Argent, Terra, Solstice, Son of Vulcan, JSA Legacies like Jade etc. Probably going to avoid Cyborg, Raven, and Starfire though. Although given Hotspot and Argent's origins they might be pretty good as opponents for the team during invasion.

Now Personally, I think a roster of Supergirl, Aquagirl, Static, Kid Devil, Bombshell, Zachary Zatarra, Connor Hawke, and Cass would be great. I like that as the core 8.

Falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Falconer

We're not even half way through season 2, so I'll stick to waiting for all the cool stuff already in the pipeline.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rav4

@Skaddix said:

As for Rose maybe but her and Cass Cain have the problem of being too similar to Artemis. Also they said they want to avoid Deathstroke but they might change their mind.

A little in back story, sure, young half-Asian heroes with a bad guy father, but personality and character wise, they're completely different... Artemis was still a genuinely nice person, if a little insecure about her ability and family, but someone like Rose, say around her Teen Titans appearances, when she really started to gain popularity, and you have a wild, abrasiveness, disagreeable, snarky, sarcastic, and sometimes even sadistic little ball of mean with swords, though who still wants to make something better out of herself. Her conflicting personality is what works so great in team stories like Young Justice, because it's so different from most of the straight and narrow, goody-goody types. Plus, Artemis is retired now anyway.

And you don't even need to introduce Deathstroke as an actual character in the show to make her appear. He could simply be mentioned in passing when going over her backstory or something.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Skaddix

yeah personality wise she differs. although ability wise she is similar to arrows and bats but this show has 3 bats on the team so you can have her replace one of those spots on the team next season.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rav4

@Skaddix: How is she similar to arrows? she uses swords, not a bow. Nobody else uses swords... If you mean general martial arts, well yeah, a lot of heroes without more obvious powers utilize martial arts. As for bats, christ, I'm sure you could swap out one of them. There are like half a dozen at least.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cattlebattle  Online

The only time-skip I would accept is one that brings in Terry McGuiness, I find that unlikely and do not want another one otherwise

soccersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By soccersss

No we don't need another timeskip but I'd love to see Mia Dearden, and Rose join the roster. We don't need another timeskip for them to join. Another timeskip would just over-complicate things. We don't need another Robin or Batgirl. Tim and Babs are fine.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Skaddix

@cattlebattle said:

The only time-skip I would accept is one that brings in Terry McGuiness, I find that unlikely and do not want another one otherwise

Hmm maybe a season 5. With Season 6 skipping all the way to legion. Apparently Greg said he has 6-7 Seasons thought out.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Primmaster64

As long as Superboy looks like supes in the next one I'm up for it.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ReVamp

No. I want at least two seasons in the current timeline.

GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By GTG12

No, I don't really want another time skip.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ms__omega

If they do I hope Static shows up and the team would have to deal with the aftermath of the Big Bang and all the metahumans that come out of it. That would be awesome in my book :)

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

Well everyone, Greg has already put in that season 3 will have a time jump, but I don't know when it would jump too.

Avatar image for notquitevarsity
    notquitevarsity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By notquitevarsity

I'd love to see Damien, Static, Lian Harper as some kind of arrow, and Chris Kent. Plus they need to bring in Kyle Rayner and Captain Marvel Jr. Animal Man's daughter would be really cool too.

But honestly we don't need another time skip.

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By X9

Guys, we're not even in the fifth episode of Season 2. I'm sure a lot of heros are about to show up during the next episodes, even Kyle Rayner, Arrowette, Static or Supergirl. (who knows?)

So, if seeing new characters is the point of supporting another time skip, I say: wait a little bit and have fun with what we have.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Twentyfive

Skipping time was a bad idea in the first place. I am really not liking where this show is going. This show is just fanservice to me now, because the only enjoyment I get out of it is seeing my favorite characters in cartoon form (CASSIE!!! <3).

Aqualad has HARDLY gotten any time to shine in this show like the other cast members, and now he's switched alignments (ALTHOUGH, I must admit he was a straight up BOSS in that episode). I just wish they wouldn't've tried to make everyone fall in love with everyone the whole time.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By Deranged Midget

@ReVamp said:

Personally I wanted two seasons in the previous timeline considering this time gap explained f*ck all and was merely a lazy way to avoid add new characters.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BatteredArmor

@The_Tree said:

This except maybe with a narrower focus on the new characters

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By r3d_rob1n

@notquitevarsity: Are you talking like teenage Kyle with a power ring? Cuz that could be a very interesting change for his character. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there never seems to be any young Lanterns. Could pose some interesting story lines as his Willpower is distracted by his hormones

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#28  Edited By krspaceT

@Ms. Omega: Static's a season 2er

Avatar image for notquitevarsity
    notquitevarsity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By notquitevarsity

@r3d_rob1n: Yeah I am. I'm hoping that's what the writers for the show have in mind, since they didn't include him on the show yet. I've always really wanted to see a teenage lantern. I think they would be more out of control, with more raw power but more weaknesses than their adult counterparts. You know teenage angst and all that. Before the new 52 I was hoping they would make a teenaged Red or Blue lantern and have him as Kyle's or Hal's sidekick, but that was just wishful thinking.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#30  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @The_Tree said:

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Skaddix

@krspaceT said:

@Ms. Omega: Static's a season 2er

Actually they said Virgil so for all we know he might not have powers yet.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ReVamp

@Deranged Midget said:

@ReVamp said:

Personally I wanted two seasons in the previous timeline considering this time gap explained f*ck all and was merely a lazy way to avoid add new characters.

Yeah, I'm just saying that under these cirumstances that's what I want.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By Bestostero

i LOVE the current lineup, Blue Beetle, Batgirl, Wonder Girl, Lagoon Boy, Beast Boy, etc are all awesome! I LOVE the new characters.

even the changes on the previous characters are good, Aqualad looks SO much more awesome and badass...and Miss Martian lost the goofy annoying attitude...

i like how things are now, but i wouldnt mind another timeskip i guess, but i really prefer the current lineup, im not sure how they could top that...

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By Deranged Midget

@ReVamp said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@ReVamp said:

Yeah, I'm just saying that under these cirumstances that's what I want.

Fair enough.

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#35  Edited By RedOwl_1

If with that I get Damian, then JUST DO IT I would support it :D, I WANT DAMIAN THERE BADLY!!!

@Skaddix said:

@cattlebattle said:

Hmm maybe a season 5. With Season 6 skipping all the way to legion. Apparently Greg said he has 6-7 Seasons thought out.

oh oh OH OHYEEEEEEEEEEEEAH this is going to be SO AWESOME! but man I wouldn't support time skips at every season, that's just too much *faint*

Burnstar1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Burnstar1230

There was so much mystery and appeal to the first season since the young heroes became an official team and the questions that needed to be answered like who was the mole and who were the members of The Light, which intertwined nicely by the end of the season with a few surprises. Time-skip five years onto season 2 and you're dealing with six or seven new additions to the team, who have also worked together for awhile by the first episode and its another "superheroes deal with invading/infiltrating aliens". They don't need anymore time-skips. IMO, I would say they need another season that isn't years apart, but maybe a couple of months inbetween and focus more on the new guys, maybe make them deal with smaller situations like a Batman Villain or Flash's Rogues instead of worldwide threats. They don't need to confubble every single DC character into this series just because fans want to see how their favorite character that's not on the show already would look/act like in YJ.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Mega_spidey01

@Burnstar1230 said:

There was so much mystery and appeal to the first season since the young heroes became an official team and the questions that needed to be answered like who was the mole and who were the members of The Light, which intertwined nicely by the end of the season with a few surprises. Time-skip five years onto season 2 and you're dealing with six or seven new additions to the team, who have also worked together for awhile by the first episode and its another "superheroes deal with invading/infiltrating aliens". They don't need anymore time-skips. IMO, I would say they need another season that isn't years apart, but maybe a couple of months inbetween and focus more on the new guys, maybe make them deal with smaller situations like a Batman Villain or Flash's Rogues instead of worldwide threats. They don't need to confubble every single DC character into this series just because fans want to see how their favorite character that's not on the show already would look/act like in YJ.

Lt_Smash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Lt_Smash

yeah another time skip is kinda unnecessary unless they can really get something good out of it like the way they did in season one where you have foreshadowing for Hello Meghan in episode 2 if you pay enough attention and again in terrors but I don't feel as if I need to pay as much attention to this season as the end of season one did but we will see right?

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@ReVamp: I wanted 2 seasons in the first timeline. 5 years is too much already

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.