Petition to bring back Young Justice and GL

#2 Posted by Abigail_The_Magical_Person (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Sign it everybody and tell your friends!

#3 Posted by The_Tree (7235 posts) - - Show Bio

Signed it.

#4 Posted by IsmoOC (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I signed it. I have a question though. Has any online petition changed something ever?

#5 Posted by Nightwing4 (360 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably won't help but what the hey.

#6 Posted by TheCannon (17939 posts) - - Show Bio

@IsmoOC said:

I signed it. I have a question though. Has any online petition changed something ever?

This.

#7 Posted by cattlebattle (12586 posts) - - Show Bio
@IsmoOC said:

Nope...pretty pointless if you ask me.
#8 Posted by Metron144 (102 posts) - - Show Bio

won't help. YJ didn't get canned because of low ratings. It, like GL had high ratings. They got canned because there were no toys. Same thing happened to symboionic titan. CN isn't interested in actual good shows, they only want merch rights. The solution is to simply boycott the network. Stop turning to a station that calls itself "cartoon network" because they couldn't care less about "cartoons". Look at that "world of gumball" garbage. Look at MAD. Look at the droves of awful shows that continue to air. The only way a show won't get cancelled on CN is if there are merch and/or if CN owns the show directly. Thats why adult swim suddenly stopped playing anime and started running live action shows that are random as hell (for the people who smoke out). Tom and eric go see the mayor? wtf?! I suggest the Hub or some other network if you want quality animation. I'm done with CN though. Thank God Avatar is only on nickelodeon.

#9 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not going to happen.

Cartoons are short because they're used to drive the toy market. Paul Dini talked about this recently with Kevin Smith on an episode of "Fat Man on Batman" http://smodcast.com/channels/fatman-on-batman/

This is why the 90s Batman Animated series got a major "retune" after about 3 seasons and why Marvel has a brand new Spider-Man cartoon every 2 years now.

YJ in particular was a great show, but you're not going to get it back, I'm sorry.

#10 Posted by Reignmaker (2232 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't really watch either of these shows, but Beware the Batman looks god-awful. Really wish DC Nation would explore a different hero in the DC Universe (Shazam, Flash, Jonah Hex, etc.) instead of giving us another Batman.

#11 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crash_Recovery: You are well stated sir. Most if not all cartoons on TV are marketing points for goods and services. Its been that way since the 50's. It was a good show though...

#12 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

Great show, man. They took chances and actually moved characters forward. A rarity in cartoons, much less comics.

#13 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what I think will work better than a petition? Everyone who likes the show should go out and buy the DVDs. Not the stupid ones with only 4 episodes, but the half seasons. That might bring it back, it worked for Family Guy and Futurama.

#14 Posted by IsmoOC (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker:

I agree. DC needs to refresh their shows. They just need to get away from Batman, Superman and the Justice League for a while. Other less known DC characters are very interesting: Dr. Fate, Shazam, Blue Beetle, etc.

#15 Posted by xfactor26 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Bummed that they are canceling the show and hope that the petition can at least convince DC that a direct to video of young justice could be worth it after this season.

#16 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (20787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Metron144 said:

won't help. YJ didn't get canned because of low ratings. It, like GL had high ratings. They got canned because there were no toys. Same thing happened to symboionic titan. CN isn't interested in actual good shows, they only want merch rights. The solution is to simply boycott the network. Stop turning to a station that calls itself "cartoon network" because they couldn't care less about "cartoons". Look at that "world of gumball" garbage. Look at MAD. Look at the droves of awful shows that continue to air. The only way a show won't get cancelled on CN is if there are merch and/or if CN owns the show directly. Thats why adult swim suddenly stopped playing anime and started running live action shows that are random as hell (for the people who smoke out). Tom and eric go see the mayor? wtf?! I suggest the Hub or some other network if you want quality animation. I'm done with CN though. Thank God Avatar is only on nickelodeon.

I agree with this.

#17 Posted by Replicant0658 (85 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

Signed it.... Cartoon Network is run by @$$holes!

#19 Posted by PsychoJack (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@IsmoOC said:

@cattlebattle said:

@IsmoOC said:

Nope...pretty pointless if you ask me.

These but I admire you guys determination. I only seen one episode of that Green Lantern show but Young Justice is pretty tight.

#20 Posted by lilben42 (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kreature: We should petition to put DC Nation on a different channel.

#21 Posted by Kreature (184 posts) - - Show Bio

UPDATE: 23,000

#22 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7689 posts) - - Show Bio

@IsmoOC said:

This

#23 Posted by Fallen_Crippled (6436 posts) - - Show Bio

Signed.

#24 Posted by not2baad (530 posts) - - Show Bio

hope it helps

#25 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I signed it, and I don't want to sound negative, but I don't think online petitions really help. Honestly, at the end of the day, profit is a corporation's only concern, and if Young Justice/Green Lantern isn't turning over merchandise, I don't think there's hope from a business standpoint. I love both shows to death, but such is a bureaucracy...

That being said, I remain hopeful. Who knows, right?

#26 Posted by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

BUY EPISODES OFF ITUNES.

Srsly, if you owned YJ and it was probably making very little money would you keep it up? NO.

#27 Posted by Ace20XD6 (235 posts) - - Show Bio

@ismooc said:

Actually yes, a little girl petitioned for Seventeen magazine to have at least one photo that wasn't photoshoped. However getting enough signatures probably only give us an animated movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.