Nightwing and Miss Martian (not promoting a relationship here:)

#1 Posted by vernierhawk001 (539 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey guys,

So I'm working on this Young Justice, Nightwing-centric fan fic that takes place in the time skip and basically tells a story through the eyes of the Team and other supporting characters. Establishing Dick's relationship (and , thus, how the different characters think about him) with most of the team hasn't been too difficult but I am really having difficulty with Miss Martian. Dick and Artemis are the depowered ones. KF and Dick: best friends. Kaldur: brother-type. Zatanna: flirty relationship. Miss martian keeps throwing me for a loop. And I keep referring back to "Performance." There were a few good moments in that episode between the two that really showed their concern for each other but I still have trouble trying to figure out why they would be close (aside from the constant life and death situations they are in as part of the Team:). Any thoughts?

#2 Posted by vernierhawk001 (539 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry....hit the "create topic" button twice. If anyone tells me how to delete one of the threads I will gladly do it

#3 Posted by CrimsonCake (2683 posts) - - Show Bio

@vernierhawk001 said:

Sorry....hit the "create topic" button twice. If anyone tells me how to delete one of the threads I will gladly do it

Go to your profile page and press "forum" to look for your subject and press "Delete".

#4 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

They're just friends, so they would pretty much act like that. I suppose he would act towards her the same way he acts towards Superboy, since they came in around the same time.

#5 Posted by vernierhawk001 (539 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

They're just friends, so they would pretty much act like that. I suppose he would act towards her the same way he acts towards Superboy, since they came in around the same time.

Superboy was actually another character I was having problems establishing Robin...er....Dick's relationship to: mainly because I didn't want to overuse the whole "brother/best friend" thing. But I think I found something that works for that situation.

In regards to M'gann, I agree. I never thought they were anything more than friends. I just found their interaction in "Performance" really interesting. Maybe it was just the writers trying to show Robin's growth or the growth of the Team as a whole in terms of looking out for each other

#6 Posted by vernierhawk001 (539 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

@vernierhawk001 said:

Go to your profile page and press "forum" to look for your subject and press "Delete".

Hmm....I tried that and it didn't work. Maybe I didn't do it right??????

#7 Posted by CrimsonCake (2683 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm...are you sure your other thread hasn't been deleted?Go look for it.

#8 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

@vernierhawk001 said:

@AweSam said:

Superboy was actually another character I was having problems establishing Robin...er....Dick's relationship to: mainly because I didn't want to overuse the whole "brother/best friend" thing. But I think I found something that works for that situation.

In regards to M'gann, I agree. I never thought they were anything more than friends. I just found their interaction in "Performance" really interesting. Maybe it was just the writers trying to show Robin's growth or the growth of the Team as a whole in terms of looking out for each other

Their relationship would be the most interesting since M'gann, Connor, and Artemis are the only ones Dick didn't, in a way, grow up with. That means, you have full control of their development. Since they don't interact much, you also have control of their relationships. I'm not sure if you're trying to stay on tune with the series or you're just turning it into your own thing (making it entirely unrelated), but if you post on Comic Vine, you can count me in as a reader. I'm a big fan of the series.

#9 Posted by vernierhawk001 (539 posts) - - Show Bio

I am trying to stay fairly close to the series ( building off of that) while incorporatig other elements from some of Dick's canon on....whatever earth most of that info comes from. It's a bit different writing Batman because he's more....likeable on Earth-16.

And I agree with you. I think that Kaldur and Wally take on a life of their own in relation to Dick. it's fairly well defined. There is also a lot of good stuff fr Artemis since they had the whole "save-the-team" epsiode. Plus both are depowered. And he knew about her background but didn't snitch.

Supes Jr. and M'gann were/are kind of the black holes

#10 Posted by vernierhawk001 (539 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake: Ypu. Just looked. It supposedly deleted the post but, since I started the thread, I think it keeps reviving itself. lol

#11 Posted by CrimsonCake (2683 posts) - - Show Bio

@vernierhawk001 said:

@CrimsonCake: Ypu. Just looked. It supposedly deleted the post but, since I started the thread, I think it keeps reviving itself. lol

A thread that keeps reviving itself?My God..

#12 Posted by vernierhawk001 (539 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake: Not sure what to do :\

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.