New Young Justice Preview From Comic Con (Spoilers?)

  • 139 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

Words cannot describe:

We have...

Artemis as Tigress (and beating the tar out of Nightwing in the cave)

Deathstroke (the freck is with that ponytail, dude? Also, this means we might see ROSE! Please, please give us Rose. Only thing I want. Only. Effin. Thing! I will worship you, Weisman. I will worship you if you make that happen. PLEASE!)

Black Beetle

Static Shock

Tula (either her death was a ruse or it's a flashback and we'll see how she died maybe)

Speedy (firing a god dang RPG one handed)

Kaldur and M'gann coming face to face (uh oh...)

This just made the hiatus so much worse... so very much worse.

#2 Edited by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

DEATHSTROKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!exclaimationpoint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who was that teleporting kid? And was that Garth right before they showed Tula?

#3 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke is going to kick some butt!!!!

#4 Posted by Rixec (378 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Beetle! Oh yeah, lots of Reach and Blue Beetle time coming up!

#5 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12660 posts) - - Show Bio

#THISISSOEXCITING

#6 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

Cant wait for the end of the hiatus! Two moles in the Light's organization is sure to make things difficult for Nightwing haha. The one thing I'm sad about was no glimpse of Wally. I really hope that Artemis' "death" drives him out of retirement.

#7 Edited by CellphoneGirl (18764 posts) - - Show Bio

OH MY GOD DEATHSTROKE :D

I WANT ROSE AND TERRA please! lol

#8 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke! :D

And really cool to see Static too :D

#9 Posted by danhimself (22720 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4: thanks so much for posting this....I had heard absolutely zero DC animation news from the convention and this was very welcome news....can't wait for the show to come back!!

#10 Edited by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

...speechless,not a big fan of the ponytail...makes him look to much like a character from bleach..the big sword doesnt help,but its the right size...also i think when artemis was fighting nightwing it was part of the plan,or something...atleast we know that the partner is black beetle now...static shock,meh,never liked the show..where does mm and kaldur come face to face,i only see her in one part and beast boy is lunging towards some1,and kaldur is walking in a different scene...rpg roy...the real roy,uh oh...i love this show,dc does not fail when it comes to animation.........also no offense....but i hope they f*** up la'gaan......i understand that's his personality,but that doesnt justify things...he's an a**

#11 Edited by Bluefox170 (387 posts) - - Show Bio

@CODYSF said:

Deathstroke is going to kick some butt!!!!

#12 Posted by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh my goodness...

#13 Posted by TheCommissar (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell yeah! Static!

#14 Posted by Lvenger (21246 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Beetle was the guy in the shadows? No way! And Deathstroke is awesome news as is Static Shock! Damn this hiatus can't go any faster!

#15 Posted by ckenn99 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

So uh yeah...WHAT THE HECK IS UP WITH THOSE TANKS FIRING AT THE HALL OF JUSTICE!!!

#16 Posted by tamabone (120 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise: I think the "teleporting kid" was a new version of the Super Friends character El Dorado.

#17 Posted by tamabone (120 posts) - - Show Bio

Did anyone else catch the red guy with the third eye opening? Could this be Despero? Could he be the msyterious Big Bad of this season? I can't wait for this show to be back on!!!!

#18 Posted by Lvenger (21246 posts) - - Show Bio

@tamabone: I think it is Desparo now that I've rewatched it. Good spot!

#19 Posted by ckenn99 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@tamabone said:

Did anyone else catch the red guy with the third eye opening? Could this be Despero? Could he be the msyterious Big Bad of this season? I can't wait for this show to be back on!!!!

Ugh that has been bothering me all day! I've been trying to figure out who that was but just couldn't think of a name. Lol thank you for mentioning that.

#20 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Fix Superboy plz.

#21 Posted by Bestostero (5590 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks great! Good call to those who identified the partner correctly! Looks like Artemis is going undercover as Deathstroke's partner! Nice to see Roy Harper <3

#22 Posted by Falconer (156 posts) - - Show Bio

Avoiding spoilers like the plague. Could someone reply to me at let me know whether or not a date was released for when YJ will be returning? Please and thank you.

#23 Posted by Ms. Omega (4543 posts) - - Show Bio

STATIC!!!!!!!!

#24 Posted by jack16ichigo (479 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait ! seriously I want it now....

#25 Posted by Bestostero (5590 posts) - - Show Bio

@Falconer: No date unfortunately.

But it looks like the time slot changed again? Saturdays at 10:00am EST, which is half an hour earlier than before no?

#26 Posted by The Umbra Sorcerer (8149 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh!

#27 Posted by jorok_goldblade (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Also- looks like the Ethnic Super Friends theory is correct:

Hard to tell what the asian girl's power is, but it could be a form of Samurai's wind/fire manipulation

Latino kid's power is teleportation, the most consistent of El Dorado's "Make it up as we go along" powers

The energy giant seems to have Ty "Apache Chief" Longshadow at his core. An interesting reinterpretation of his powers

Static takes the place of Black Vulcan, since the real Black Lightning is already in the JLA

#28 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero: They probably want to put YJ first in the DC Nation block because it has the largest fan base. Their hope is that those watching will then stick around for the next half hour, rather than tuning in half-way through the block just to see Young Justice

#29 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCommissar said:

Hell yeah! Static!

Best new addition imo. He, and WG, and Blue Beetle are the best!

#30 Posted by ichthy (4 posts) - - Show Bio

This hiatus is killing me.

#31 Posted by vernierhawk001 (539 posts) - - Show Bio

YAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Excuse me as I do my fanboy dance

#32 Posted by vernierhawk001 (539 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero said:

@Falconer: No date unfortunately.

But it looks like the time slot changed again? Saturdays at 10:00am EST, which is half an hour earlier than before no?

Thought I heard something about September 29

#33 Posted by Bestostero (5590 posts) - - Show Bio

@r3d_rob1n: I will never stick around to watch that awful eyesore CGI Green Lantern show! yuck! But I do like some of the shorts...The Atom short is really good, i think its still ongoing?

@vernierhawk001: I remember hearing that too somewhere but i forgot where, but either way, the break is sooooo awful...

#34 Posted by vernierhawk001 (539 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero: You know they are using that same CGI for a new Batman show, right? "Beware the Batman." If you ask me, worst artistic decision for Bats since that tradgedy back in 1997. Even if the story is good, not sure I will be able to overlook the CGI.

And apparently it was posted on the YJ facebook page. I think that's where I saw it

#35 Posted by Bestostero (5590 posts) - - Show Bio

@vernierhawk001 said:

@Bestostero: You know they are using that same CGI for a new Batman show, right? "Beware the Batman." If you ask me, worst artistic decision for Bats since that tradgedy back in 1997. Even if the story is good, not sure I will be able to overlook the CGI.

And apparently it was posted on the YJ facebook page. I think that's where I saw it

as much as i hate CGI, i will watch Beware the Batman. But it better be REALLY good for me to stick around, like you i really dont know if i can get over the fact that its CGI. CGI is just awful imo.

#36 Posted by vernierhawk001 (539 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero said:

@vernierhawk001 said:

@Bestostero: You know they are using that same CGI for a new Batman show, right? "Beware the Batman." If you ask me, worst artistic decision for Bats since that tradgedy back in 1997. Even if the story is good, not sure I will be able to overlook the CGI.

And apparently it was posted on the YJ facebook page. I think that's where I saw it

as much as i hate CGI, i will watch Beware the Batman. But it better be REALLY good for me to stick around, like you i really dont know if i can get over the fact that its CGI. CGI is just awful imo.

Agreed on basically all counts. I am/used to be a pretty big Star Wars fan but I haven't really seen too much of the CGI Clone Wars (that was also partly due to what I know of the story). Oh well, at least we get Teen Titans back

#37 Posted by Bestostero (5590 posts) - - Show Bio

@vernierhawk001: I'm on the fence about Teen Titans returning, I loved it back then, but I read that the show is gonna be more comedy oriented. The old series had funny moments too, but it also had a storyline and it progressed. My wish is for the Terra storyline to be resolved, but i dont know if that will happen if they're focusing on comedy...

#38 Posted by vernierhawk001 (539 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero: Yeah, I doubt it. Just read that DC cancelled an animated adaptation of Judas Contract. WHYYYY!!!!! *tear

#39 Edited by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero: I'm not a fan of the crappy CGI styling of the GL show. But the show itself is pretty entertaining and it kinda feels like they are setting up a Blackest Night storyline

#40 Posted by ckenn99 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@vernierhawk001: That was actually cancelled a long long long time ago.

@Bestostero: There's not even gonna be a story to tell really. Its just going to be all comedy, with no continuity from the last show besides characters. Not really what I'm looking for in a show.

@vernierhawk001 said:

@Bestostero said:

@vernierhawk001 said:

@Bestostero: You know they are using that same CGI for a new Batman show, right? "Beware the Batman." If you ask me, worst artistic decision for Bats since that tradgedy back in 1997. Even if the story is good, not sure I will be able to overlook the CGI.

And apparently it was posted on the YJ facebook page. I think that's where I saw it

as much as i hate CGI, i will watch Beware the Batman. But it better be REALLY good for me to stick around, like you i really dont know if i can get over the fact that its CGI. CGI is just awful imo.

Agreed on basically all counts. I am/used to be a pretty big Star Wars fan but I haven't really seen too much of the CGI Clone Wars (that was also partly due to what I know of the story). Oh well, at least we get Teen Titans back

Yeah I really hate CGI too, but I actually kinda like the Green Lantern series. And I checked out Star Wars just for Darth Maul and thought it was actually pretty good.However Beware the Batman does not sound like a show I wanna check out based on what I read today.

#41 Posted by Bestostero (5590 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckenn99: and that's definitely what i'm worried about, im all for some laughs and fun, but i also want progressive storytelling, if the show is all laughs, i dont know if ill enjoy it like the original series.

#42 Posted by vernierhawk001 (539 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckenn99: whatdid you read today? Or were you referring to what you read on this forum?

And, yeah...Judas Contract was cancelled back in '07, right? Shame. I think they have a big enough following and enough interersted ppl (with YJ, Teen Titans, etc) to do the movie, now

#43 Posted by stormphoenix (947 posts) - - Show Bio

Awsome can't wait.

#44 Posted by srk12 (84 posts) - - Show Bio

The footage is awesome but it only enhances my fears about this season. This season looks like its going to become more convoluted and overcrowded with more new characters and some of my favs like Wally aren't going to get much screen time. I hope I'm wrong.

#45 Posted by Vincie_Pooh (109 posts) - - Show Bio

I really enjoy the voice acting in this series. The voice actor for Black Beetle aka The Partner Kevin Grevioux. Its so fits. Now we get Static Shock? Sweet. Can't wait how he will sound like. And also glad to see a character from the great mind of Dwayne McDuffie. (RIP)

Slade... so freaking sweet. Just what is up with the super saiyan hair? LOL

I wanna see Cyborg, Raven, Starfire in the show... AHEM! Teet Titans (LOL)

And seeing Black beetle at the end? Wow!

thanks for the posting. Can't wait for some Young Justice alter this year.

#46 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

omg omg Deathstroke. omg omg.

#47 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@r3d_rob1n said:

@Bestostero: They probably want to put YJ first in the DC Nation block because it has the largest fan base. Their hope is that those watching will then stick around for the next half hour, rather than tuning in half-way through the block just to see Young Justice

Actually ratings for green lantern is higher than young justice.

#48 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought that Deathstroke was Rose with the ridiculously long hair.

I'm glad that Artemis will be more important in the second part of this series, she didn't show up enough in the first part.

I'm happy to see Static finally showing up in the show.

But my favourite thing from the trailer is definitely...

More Impulse!

#49 Posted by _Zombie_ (10448 posts) - - Show Bio

Freakin' trolls!

#50 Edited by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is the guy with purple glow at 1:21?

Also who is the guy that teleports at 1:25?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.