Love Triangle

  • 61 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7760 posts) - - Show Bio

Love triangle between Nightwing, Zatanna & Batgirl?

#2 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope not. That cartoon has been way too focused on teenaged love in the first season. we do not need any more of that. Just focus on the dang story.

#3 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7760 posts) - - Show Bio

They are teenagers. At least now that they're 19, it wouldn't seem so petty.

#4 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the relationship between Nightwing and Zatanna has fizzled out in the time skip. I think Barbara the likely choice sort of.

#5 Edited by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

god no, we've had enough teenage BS with superboy, miss martian, artemis, kid flash. do some stories.

#6 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

Not even close. I figured that Dick and Zatanna had a short thing, then it ended. Him and Barbara look like they think of each other as just close friends, but there's an obvious flirtatious atmosphere between them.

#7 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7760 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

Not even close. I figured that Dick and Zatanna had a short thing, then it ended. Him and Barbara look like they think of each other as just close friends, but there's an obvious flirtatious atmosphere between them.

We don't know if it ended though

#8 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AweSam said:

Not even close. I figured that Dick and Zatanna had a short thing, then it ended. Him and Barbara look like they think of each other as just close friends, but there's an obvious flirtatious atmosphere between them.

We don't know if it ended though

He said they have history. HISTORY

#9 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7760 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AweSam said:

Not even close. I figured that Dick and Zatanna had a short thing, then it ended. Him and Barbara look like they think of each other as just close friends, but there's an obvious flirtatious atmosphere between them.

We don't know if it ended though

He said they have history. HISTORY

Yes, doesn't mean they broke up.

#10 Posted by X9 (767 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AweSam said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AweSam said:

Not even close. I figured that Dick and Zatanna had a short thing, then it ended. Him and Barbara look like they think of each other as just close friends, but there's an obvious flirtatious atmosphere between them.

We don't know if it ended though

He said they have history. HISTORY

Yes, doesn't mean they broke up.

In fact it pretty much says it's over. Personally, I believe whatever romantic thing they had is dead and gone. And Zatanna doesn't seem to be an important character this season anyway...

About Barbara, as far as we know she and Dick didn't have a relationship, but the series is hapening in a way that I'm pretty sure there will be sth between them. A love tension, two friends who find out what they feel for each other goes beyong friendship, sth like that. They're always exchanging glances and the fact that Batgirl likes to pull Nightwing's leg to me is more than just to tease a friend.

But I don't want a love triangle. A couple of misunderstandings or Dick acting as the player he is, fine. But a love triangle is just... meh. Perhaps a fake love triangle, with one of characters involved being mistaken... anyway, they're 18, 19 (Zatanna) I'm expecting sth more mature...

#11 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7760 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AweSam said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AweSam said:

Not even close. I figured that Dick and Zatanna had a short thing, then it ended. Him and Barbara look like they think of each other as just close friends, but there's an obvious flirtatious atmosphere between them.

We don't know if it ended though

He said they have history. HISTORY

Yes, doesn't mean they broke up.

In fact it pretty much says it's over. Personally, I believe whatever romantic thing they had is dead and gone. And Zatanna doesn't seem to be an important character this season anyway...

About Barbara, as far as we know she and Dick didn't have a relationship, but the series is hapening in a way that I'm pretty sure there will be sth between them. A love tension, two friends who find out what they feel for each other goes beyong friendship, sth like that. They're always exchanging glances and the fact that Batgirl likes to pull Nightwing's leg to me is more than just to tease a friend.

But I don't want a love triangle. A couple of misunderstandings or Dick acting as the player he is, fine. But a love triangle is just... meh. Perhaps a fake love triangle, with one of characters involved being mistaken... anyway, they're 18, 19 (Zatanna) I'm expecting sth more mature...

Love triangles are all ages. The Wolverine-Jean-Frost-Scott, love square was between adults.

Saying they had history doesn't mean they broke up, no proof to it,

#12 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@X9 said:

In fact it pretty much says it's over. Personally, I believe whatever romantic thing they had is dead and gone. And Zatanna doesn't seem to be an important character this season anyway...

About Barbara, as far as we know she and Dick didn't have a relationship, but the series is hapening in a way that I'm pretty sure there will be sth between them. A love tension, two friends who find out what they feel for each other goes beyong friendship, sth like that. They're always exchanging glances and the fact that Batgirl likes to pull Nightwing's leg to me is more than just to tease a friend.

But I don't want a love triangle. A couple of misunderstandings or Dick acting as the player he is, fine. But a love triangle is just... meh. Perhaps a fake love triangle, with one of characters involved being mistaken... anyway, they're 18, 19 (Zatanna) I'm expecting sth more mature...

Love triangles are all ages. The Wolverine-Jean-Frost-Scott, love square was between adults.

Saying they had history doesn't mean they broke up, no proof to it,

No proof? I don't need proof. You have no proof they were together in the first place. And I agree with , a love triangle is dumb and immature. If Dick was with Zatanna, he wouldn't even think of going after Barbara, they're like family. But there does seem to be some sort of tension. The very tension that existed in the comics.

#13 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7760 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@X9 said:

In fact it pretty much says it's over. Personally, I believe whatever romantic thing they had is dead and gone. And Zatanna doesn't seem to be an important character this season anyway...

About Barbara, as far as we know she and Dick didn't have a relationship, but the series is hapening in a way that I'm pretty sure there will be sth between them. A love tension, two friends who find out what they feel for each other goes beyong friendship, sth like that. They're always exchanging glances and the fact that Batgirl likes to pull Nightwing's leg to me is more than just to tease a friend.

But I don't want a love triangle. A couple of misunderstandings or Dick acting as the player he is, fine. But a love triangle is just... meh. Perhaps a fake love triangle, with one of characters involved being mistaken... anyway, they're 18, 19 (Zatanna) I'm expecting sth more mature...

Love triangles are all ages. The Wolverine-Jean-Frost-Scott, love square was between adults.

Saying they had history doesn't mean they broke up, no proof to it,

No proof? I don't need proof. You have no proof they were together in the first place. And I agree with , a love triangle is dumb and immature. If Dick was with Zatanna, he wouldn't even think of going after Barbara, they're like family. But there does seem to be some sort of tension. The very tension that existed in the comics.

Honestly don't see how love triangles are dumb and immature when they happen naturally. And yes they were together, given that the kiss certified they were most likely, bf and gf.

#14 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil: It was New Years, everyone kissed someone.

#15 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7760 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam: Don't think they would kiss someone randomly?

#16 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AweSam: Don't think they would kiss someone randomly?

They obviously had feelings for each other, but it doesn't mean they acted on them.

#17 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7760 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AweSam: Don't think they would kiss someone randomly?

They obviously had feelings for each other, but it doesn't mean they acted on them.

She kissed him, she acted on it

#18 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AweSam said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AweSam: Don't think they would kiss someone randomly?

They obviously had feelings for each other, but it doesn't mean they acted on them.

She kissed him, she acted on it

I'm not even denying that they had a relationship, you just seem to think they still do.

#19 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7760 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AweSam said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AweSam: Don't think they would kiss someone randomly?

They obviously had feelings for each other, but it doesn't mean they acted on them.

She kissed him, she acted on it

I'm not even denying that they had a relationship, you just seem to think they still do.

Because them saying they had history doesn't mean they broke up.

#20 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AweSam said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AweSam said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AweSam: Don't think they would kiss someone randomly?

They obviously had feelings for each other, but it doesn't mean they acted on them.

She kissed him, she acted on it

I'm not even denying that they had a relationship, you just seem to think they still do.

Because them saying they had history doesn't mean they broke up.

It means they had something, but no longer have it. History meaning it's in the past.

#21 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7760 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AweSam said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AweSam said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AweSam: Don't think they would kiss someone randomly?

They obviously had feelings for each other, but it doesn't mean they acted on them.

She kissed him, she acted on it

I'm not even denying that they had a relationship, you just seem to think they still do.

Because them saying they had history doesn't mean they broke up.

It means they had something, but no longer have it. History meaning it's in the past.

It could mean they've been on alot of missions together.

#22 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate love triangles.

#23 Posted by vernierhawk001 (539 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been wondering the same thing. I think Zatanna and Dick are just friends and, to me, they don't seem to be hinting at too much between Babs and Dick. But I kind of feel like that fit with the tone of the season (a lot more focused on plot than personal stories).

#24 Posted by X9 (767 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AweSam said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AweSam said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AweSam: Don't think they would kiss someone randomly?

They obviously had feelings for each other, but it doesn't mean they acted on them.

She kissed him, she acted on it

I'm not even denying that they had a relationship, you just seem to think they still do.

Because them saying they had history doesn't mean they broke up.

It means they had something, but no longer have it. History meaning it's in the past.

This.

And, the Wolverine-Jean-Frost-Scott, love square sucks XP

Plus, the series already has a love triangle. MM, SB and LB. Yeey ¬¬

#25 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7760 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9 said:

@AweSam said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AweSam said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AweSam said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AweSam: Don't think they would kiss someone randomly?

They obviously had feelings for each other, but it doesn't mean they acted on them.

She kissed him, she acted on it

I'm not even denying that they had a relationship, you just seem to think they still do.

Because them saying they had history doesn't mean they broke up.

It means they had something, but no longer have it. History meaning it's in the past.

This.

And, the Wolverine-Jean-Frost-Scott, love square sucks XP

Plus, the series already has a love triangle. MM, SB and LB. Yeey ¬¬

It sucks in your opinion, Doesn't suck since it's been going on for decades.

History doesn't necessarily have to do with relationship.

#26 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9247 posts) - - Show Bio

After the five year gap I don't think Zatanna and Nightwing are in a relationship anymore. So, I don't think there needs to be a love triangle if Nightwing and Batgirl get into a relationship

#27 Posted by X9 (767 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@X9 said:

@AweSam said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AweSam said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AweSam said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AweSam: Don't think they would kiss someone randomly?

They obviously had feelings for each other, but it doesn't mean they acted on them.

She kissed him, she acted on it

I'm not even denying that they had a relationship, you just seem to think they still do.

Because them saying they had history doesn't mean they broke up.

It means they had something, but no longer have it. History meaning it's in the past.

This.

And, the Wolverine-Jean-Frost-Scott, love square sucks XP

Plus, the series already has a love triangle. MM, SB and LB. Yeey ¬¬

It sucks in your opinion, Doesn't suck since it's been going on for decades.

History doesn't necessarily have to do with relationship.

Well, I know a lot of people who share my opinion, but, anyway, that's not the main point here.

Now you've confused me. I thought you were the one who was saying Nightwing and Zatanna not only had a relationship but also still together. As you've written a couple of times "Because they say they had history doesn't mean they broke up" and things like that. As far as I know, you don't break up with a friend, do you? (it's actually a question, I've never heard of this expression)

Of course they have a history as friends, as well as the rest of the team. To a love triangle, however, it means nothing.

#28 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7760 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@X9 said:

@AweSam said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AweSam said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AweSam said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@AweSam: Don't think they would kiss someone randomly?

They obviously had feelings for each other, but it doesn't mean they acted on them.

She kissed him, she acted on it

I'm not even denying that they had a relationship, you just seem to think they still do.

Because them saying they had history doesn't mean they broke up.

It means they had something, but no longer have it. History meaning it's in the past.

This.

And, the Wolverine-Jean-Frost-Scott, love square sucks XP

Plus, the series already has a love triangle. MM, SB and LB. Yeey ¬¬

It sucks in your opinion, Doesn't suck since it's been going on for decades.

History doesn't necessarily have to do with relationship.

Well, I know a lot of people who share my opinion, but, anyway, that's not the main point here.

Now you've confused me. I thought you were the one who was saying Nightwing and Zatanna not only had a relationship but also still together. As you've written a couple of times "Because they say they had history doesn't mean they broke up" and things like that. As far as I know, you don't break up with a friend, do you? (it's actually a question, I've never heard of this expression)

Of course they have a history as friends, as well as the rest of the team. To a love triangle, however, it means nothing.

I said they could be still together but him saying they had history doesnt mean they broke up or has to do with their relationship in general./

#29 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9: @Jnr6Lil: This argument's repetitive and it's going no where. Everyone has their own opinion, we'll just have to wait and see.

#30 Posted by X9 (767 posts) - - Show Bio

True

#31 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Zatanna and Dick's relationship was all that serious, it didn't last the time skip and I feel it was just young kids experimenting and having fun. Their relationship was no where near Connor/Megan or Wally/Artemis. They had a few moments together, but they never really went further than that.

Even Wally was a bit surprised when Dick mentioned him getting the charm for Artemis in Depth from Zatanna, which read to me that Wally didn't even know Dick and Zatanna had a thing. Granted Wally is a bit oblivious to relationships (he didn't even know Connor and Megan was dating until Artemis burst his bubble).

#32 Posted by Lian_Harper (4 posts) - - Show Bio

The exact manner of the wording "we have a history" doesn't necessarily imply that they are no longer together.

Example:

How did you get Red Sox season tickets?

I have a history with their assistant GM.

This implies I know the assistant GM of the Red Sox, this does not imply I am no longer well acquainted with him.

Anyways, beyond debating semantics. I kind of doubt Zatanna/Dick are an item anymore. Partially due to the fact that Zatanna hasn't had a speaking line since the first episode of this season, along with Rocket (and it is strongly implied that nothing happened between Rocket/Kaldur).

On a related note, it's still annoying how they have Zatanna and Rocket join the team and now they literally have done nothing this season. Zatanna more so than Rocket since Rocket was only in two episodes while Zatanna has been in quite a few and had her own character development arc (very protective father->Dr. Fate).

#33 Posted by X9 (767 posts) - - Show Bio

Nha, I don't miss any of them to be honest.

Rocket is a nice character, but I won't lie and say it's not the same thing without her. About Zatanna, I think she's played her part in season 1. Mixing her magic issues with the alien theme of season 2 would be a little too much.

They may make a cameon though, especially Zatanna. Klarion is still around.

#34 Posted by vernierhawk001 (539 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lian_Harper: I agree with you, though about Zatanna...not really Rocket. But I'm also hoping to see more action with just the original Team in the second part of this season. Kind of sucks that we haven't seen them work together closely. But yeah, I too miss Zatanna :(

#35 Posted by Lian_Harper (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really miss Rocket either, considering the fact that we don't even know her character at all... Just saying it was sort of a contrived addition to the team in the first place... why bother putting her on for just two episodes? Just to have Aqualad have someone to kiss during new years? Or *gasp* be the diversity hire?

It's been confirmed on world's finest/toonzone that sometime in the second season there will be some kind of development on Zatanna relating to Dr.Fate/Zatara. Not sure if she'll get much spotlight past that though.

#36 Posted by vernierhawk001 (539 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lian_Harper: Lol...her addition was kind of random and.....pointless. It really might have just been for the new years kiss like you said. lol

Good! Glad I will get to see more of Z. It will be interesting to see how things play out

#37 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

No more love triangles. Lagoon Boy is a reason why.

#38 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7760 posts) - - Show Bio

@vernierhawk001 said:

@Lian_Harper: Lol...her addition was kind of random and.....pointless. It really might have just been for the new years kiss like you said. lol

Good! Glad I will get to see more of Z. It will be interesting to see how things play out

I think it was just to balance out the males and females.

#39 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think they would have pawned Zattana off to the JL if they wanted to develop any relationships with her.

#40 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7760 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever: Maybe it'll just be Nightwing & Barbara

#41 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Speedy and Wonder Girl will start something up. They gave Cheshire to clone Red Arrow, and Speedy and Wonder Girl did date, although it was Donna and not Cassie...but...eh lol

#42 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7760 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lian_Harper said:

The exact manner of the wording "we have a history" doesn't necessarily imply that they are no longer together.

Example:

How did you get Red Sox season tickets?

I have a history with their assistant GM.

This implies I know the assistant GM of the Red Sox, this does not imply I am no longer well acquainted with him.

Anyways, beyond debating semantics. I kind of doubt Zatanna/Dick are an item anymore. Partially due to the fact that Zatanna hasn't had a speaking line since the first episode of this season, along with Rocket (and it is strongly implied that nothing happened between Rocket/Kaldur).

On a related note, it's still annoying how they have Zatanna and Rocket join the team and now they literally have done nothing this season. Zatanna more so than Rocket since Rocket was only in two episodes while Zatanna has been in quite a few and had her own character development arc (very protective father->Dr. Fate).

This

I think they are still together since they kissed on his birthday.

#43 Posted by vernierhawk001 (539 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Lian_Harper said:

The exact manner of the wording "we have a history" doesn't necessarily imply that they are no longer together.

Example:

How did you get Red Sox season tickets?

I have a history with their assistant GM.

This implies I know the assistant GM of the Red Sox, this does not imply I am no longer well acquainted with him.

Anyways, beyond debating semantics. I kind of doubt Zatanna/Dick are an item anymore. Partially due to the fact that Zatanna hasn't had a speaking line since the first episode of this season, along with Rocket (and it is strongly implied that nothing happened between Rocket/Kaldur).

On a related note, it's still annoying how they have Zatanna and Rocket join the team and now they literally have done nothing this season. Zatanna more so than Rocket since Rocket was only in two episodes while Zatanna has been in quite a few and had her own character development arc (very protective father->Dr. Fate).

This

I think they are still together since they kissed on his birthday.

Huh? On his birthday? Was this in the comics? I personally dont think they are together anymore, just good friends. but we shall see

#44 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7760 posts) - - Show Bio

@vernierhawk001: Never mind it was his 14th birthday.

#45 Posted by vernierhawk001 (539 posts) - - Show Bio

In the comics?

#46 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7760 posts) - - Show Bio

@vernierhawk001: No series

#47 Posted by vernierhawk001 (539 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@vernierhawk001: No series

I don't remember that in the episodes

#48 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7760 posts) - - Show Bio

@vernierhawk001: It was

#49 Posted by X9 (767 posts) - - Show Bio

Nha, I think the only love triangle we're having for the time being is SB - MM - LB, possibly a love square, adding Wendy to the mess.

Unless the comics come up with sth new...that's all.

#50 Posted by vernierhawk001 (539 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@vernierhawk001: It was

Hmm....can you list which one? I read on the wiki that that occurred in the Young Justice comics but I thought the first time we saw any kiss on screen was at new years. We are talking zatanna and Grayson, right?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.