Kyle Rayner?

#1 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2591 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone else think Kyle should be in the show? Now would be the perfect time to bring him in since most of the team is already in their 20's, and it'd do them good to have a Lantern on board.

#2 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

I suppose...but maybe just a cameo...

They already have John and Hal and have shown Guy in several instances...

They could do it I guess.

#3 Posted by Bestostero (5616 posts) - - Show Bio

They seriously need to have a Green Lantern on the team, Kyle would be great since he's already younger than the others, they could de age him a bit more or keep him the same age as you said, but I think it's better to enter young and grow up on the team than enter the team as an older character.

#4 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2591 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero: True, but I think he could be done like this. Basically Hal or Guy is reassigned to a different sector, so the Guardians send the newest Lantern from earth to take over. Enter Kyle Rayner. The reason he's on the team is because while he's had training on Oa, he doesn't really have any experience in the field.

#5 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4689 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#6 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally don't care much for Green Lanterns so I could care less.

Its highly likely he would show up, he is a popular character and he was a member of the Titans in the comics

#7 Posted by Bestostero (5616 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@Bestostero: True, but I think he could be done like this. Basically Hal or Guy is reassigned to a different sector, so the Guardians send the newest Lantern from earth to take over. Enter Kyle Rayner. The reason he's on the team is because while he's had training on Oa, he doesn't really have any experience in the field.

OH! That's a good point, especially since Hal Jordan, John Stewart, and Guy Gardner are all off for the trial of the six justice leaguers, they would need a new GL to guard the sector right? They could use that to have Kyle enter the series.

#8 Posted by Hunter114 (829 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I'd like to see him in the show... I think he'd be way too overpowered and overt, which is pretty bad, considering the nature of the show, which mostly has "the team" conducting covert missions... plus the JLA is currently off-world, so I don't see a way in until later in the show... personally though, I don't see it happening.

#9 Edited by Dernman (14611 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see it happen. Maybe power him down a tiny bit due to his younger age and being a rookie GL.

#10 Posted by Bestostero (5616 posts) - - Show Bio

They could depower him! They depowered a lot of characters already (Black Adam I'm looking at you).

#11 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2591 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero said:

OH! That's a good point, especially since Hal Jordan, John Stewart, and Guy Gardner are all off for the trial of the six justice leaguers, they would need a new GL to guard the sector right? They could use that to have Kyle enter the series.

Oh yeah, forgot the other earth Lanterns were gone! All the more reason for Kyle to come in!

#12 Posted by Bestostero (5616 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@Bestostero said:

Oh yeah, forgot the other earth Lanterns were gone! All the more reason for Kyle to come in!

Makes perfect sense to me lol

#13 Posted by X9 (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, he should!

It'd be fun to watch :)

#14 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2591 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's not forget people, if they brought Kyle in he'd obviously be a rookie Lantern. This means that they would probably have him only make simple constructs and fly. He would be able to do the high level stuff Hal, John, or Guy could do later on, it's not really de-powering him so much as him learning how to work the ring better and constantly getting better with it. No ones expecting him to go Ion the second he's on screen!!

#15 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12402 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#16 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@Bestostero said:

Agree, would be a perfect occasion :D

#17 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind it.

#18 Posted by Kweschun_Mark (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Joining the team full fledged? I dont know. Joining to help on a mission? Yes.

#19 Posted by Nighthunter (28578 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see Kyle

#20 Edited by SoA (4672 posts) - - Show Bio

how about Jade?

#21 Posted by CrimsonCake (2668 posts) - - Show Bio

Young justice could use more cosmic superheroes.

#22 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

No

your av just makes that no so much better...

#23 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2591 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA: They confirmed that most of the original JSA are either dead or retired. This means that no matter how you try to slice it, Jade would be too old to be on the Team and would be on the League if anything else.

#24 Posted by SoA (4672 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude: well, damn. that would make things awkward when kyle dates her

#25 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2591 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA: Alternate universe so nothing says that when/if Kyle shows up he has to date her. If they brought him in he'd probably be with Soranik if anyone.

#26 Posted by joshmightbe (24456 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Kyle better than Hal so yea give him a shot.

#27 Posted by SoA (4672 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude: thats true , shame about jade , having nightwing, red arrow/arsenal , and jade would be a nod to the outsiders

#28 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2591 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA: Would've been nice, but we can't have everything we want. I wanted Jason to be in the show before Tim, but it just didn't work out that way.

#29 Posted by SoA (4672 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude: wouldve been a way to introduce red hood, i find him overrated but to each his own , but if you look on the bright side there is a five year gap , who knows if they had try-outs before beast boy and the other recruits and jason was of them

#30 Posted by Redberry (797 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as the fridge also makes a cameo.

#31 Posted by ckenn99 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@Redberry said:

As long as the fridge also makes a cameo.

I could not stop laughing after reading this. And hey, at least some one on the show would actually be dead for once (until they reveal it was just an illusion conjured by Zatanna to make it seem like someone was dead in order to trick the bad guys and save the day).

#32 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll allow it.

#33 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

I personally don't care much for Green Lanterns so I could care less. Its highly likely he would show up, he is a popular character and he was a member of the Titans in the comics

THIS!

#34 Posted by Skaddix (3109 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@SoA: They confirmed that most of the original JSA are either dead or retired. This means that no matter how you try to slice it, Jade would be too old to be on the Team and would be on the League if anything else.

Not really change her into a grandkid or great grand kid.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.