Kind of boring episode today

#1 Edited by srk12 (84 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess because we have been so starved of YJ episodes, I was hoping for more significant progress in the episode. But most of the episode was pretty filler. There was a little development on the Reach side, little bit with blue beetle, and little bit with miss martian but nothing significant. Despero's robot was pretty annoying, and the fighting was fairly unexciting. Also, Mal should really break up with Bumblebee because she doesn't even seem to want to spend time with him.

Actually the whole DC nation block was a little disappointing. The GL ep had a bit more character development of Razor and Aiya but overall was still mostly action.

#2 Posted by jasontodd7 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this episode opened dors for further developments of the characters.

Static showed a little piece of his power and black canary sow it.

The Reech plan is inteligent and strategically turning the justice league against the goverment and population ( or the other way around), blue beetle exposed himself in front of the leagues leaders and now impulse would have some questions to answer, as well ( if i recall correctly) at the end of the episode connor was going to talk with miss m and probably will find out why she had this drastic change of heart about brain atack on people.

Mal Duncan became Guardian, at least he will do something useful from now on.

Was a good episode who helped us remember where the team and the league is right now..let's see how robin's team would handle black beetle in the next episoded, i won't see nothing good happen to them if the big 10 who are gone from earth won't return soon.

#3 Posted by cattlebattle (12821 posts) - - Show Bio

Exactly, considering everyone saw "Before the Dawn" on Itunes, we haven't had any new material in 3 months, so....expectations were running high and this was more or less a respite episode with Despero being used to give it some action.

Not saying it was bad bu it felt like there was something missing

#4 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Justice was a bit stale, filler material for sure, but it wasnt a terrible filler...just not not the episode to return too ....technically the previous episode was the come back episode, and that was amazing, but because the whole leak situation...lol

it was alright.

#5 Posted by Voorhees100 (262 posts) - - Show Bio

I frackin' hate my DVR, had it set to record this episode, and it didn't...now i gotta try and find it online somewhere.

#6 Posted by SupBatz (1749 posts) - - Show Bio

I had the same impression. Not a bad episode, just nothing important actually happened. I'm cool with fillers but it was a bummer that there had to be one after a long hiatus.

#7 Posted by BlackWind (6498 posts) - - Show Bio

The show has lost momentum. These hiatus' are messing with the flow.

Bumblebee ignoring Mal with the constant "I'm busy" is getting on my nerves.

Despero's strength level was right, but him not speaking didn't help his appeal.

And moar Virgil.

#8 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Noticed that Black Lightning's lightning is also black like in the current comics.

#9 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

Call me dumb, but should Despero have walked all over Captain Marvel like that?

#10 Posted by jasontodd7 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

@spinningbirdcake: that was my thought too ..but after doing some research i think yes. Despero is just too powerful.

#11 Posted by danhimself (22578 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought that there was a good bit added to the plot of the season....the government now knows of the Team and the Watchtower..plus both the Hall of Justice and Mount Justice are now gone leaving them with a storage garage as a headquarters...Superboy and Miss Martian are possibly on the rebound while Mal and Bumblebee look to be on the outs

this is a 26 episode season right? so there's still 9 episodes left...a lot can happen in 9 episodes

#12 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

I just noticed the Young Justice John Jones is similar to the african american John Jones in the Smallville tv show.

#13 Posted by BlackWind (6498 posts) - - Show Bio

@spinningbirdcake: Yes, he has smashed Superman, Captain Marvel, and Wonder Woman at once.

#14 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind: Well dang. That triple eyed freak is a beast then.

#15 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Post-coie despero gained additional hulk powers so it does look like Despero can beat anybody.

#16 Posted by joshmightbe (24907 posts) - - Show Bio

Well in this episode the reach did show that they had the exact same idea as Cadmus in Justice League Unlimited, with the whole making the league look bad to aid their plan to bring them down.

#17 Posted by srk12 (84 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Yeah but we already knew that the Godfrey was turning public opinion against the JL so there wasn't really anything new in that regard. I think my complaint lies in the fact that that any development that happened was pretty much along expected lines. Most of the episodes do a pretty good job of giving us a surprise but this episode didn't have much juice. I think part of the problem also was that they gave Despero no personality outside of a mute brute who wants to fight. So that way the action scenes weren't much fun either. Easily the best part of the episode was with Canary talking to Virgil, BB, etc...

#18 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm honestly just waiting for Deathstroke to arrive. Everything else is just fluff in my opinion.

#19 Posted by joshmightbe (24907 posts) - - Show Bio

@srk12: Even the thing with Static was a bit flat, cliche' stuff with no big revelations since like half of last weeks episode was spent explaining what the league learned from it here. Despero was just a failure on all fronts, didn't even look cool.

#20 Posted by cattlebattle (12821 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

this is a 26 episode season right? so there's still 9 episodes left...a lot can happen in 9 episodes

Its only 20 episodes.

@joshmightbe said:

Well in this episode the reach did show that they had the exact same idea as Cadmus in Justice League Unlimited, with the whole making the league look bad to aid their plan to bring them down.

Discrediting the League was Luthors side project, Cadmus was just developing ways to physically oppose the League, I am not a big DC reader, but I think Luthor has had the idea of discrediting the League and Superman before in the comics......It was the point of storylines like "Public Enemies" wasn't it??

It could also be Luthors idea in Young Justice as well. The Reach has another goal in mind and The Light has already revealed most of their plot. The Reachs relationship with Luthor will be shown in the upcoming episode I suppose.

#21 Posted by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see the "real big" relationship development that the creator's said Mal and Bumblebee were gonna get real soon... seeing the reaction Karen gave to Mal regarding his sleeping arrangements was kind of awkward, especially for a couple that has been together since high school and through college!

#22 Posted by BlackWind (6498 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly Mal needs to tell Karen to quit ignoring him or bugger off.

#23 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7708 posts) - - Show Bio

@jasontodd7 said:

I think this episode opened dors for further developments of the characters.

Static showed a little piece of his power and black canary sow it.

The Reech plan is inteligent and strategically turning the justice league against the goverment and population ( or the other way around), blue beetle exposed himself in front of the leagues leaders and now impulse would have some questions to answer, as well ( if i recall correctly) at the end of the episode connor was going to talk with miss m and probably will find out why she had this drastic change of heart about brain atack on people.

Mal Duncan became Guardian, at least he will do something useful from now on.

Was a good episode who helped us remember where the team and the league is right now..let's see how robin's team would handle black beetle in the next episoded, i won't see nothing good happen to them if the big 10 who are gone from earth won't return soon.

And Superboy meeting up with Miss Martian

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.