Kill off Megan

• 133 results
#1 Posted by ScionofBalance (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there anyway to contact the creators of Young Justice to convince them to kill off Megan? I know she is an integral plot device and such but overall I think her character just holds back the show. After watching the latest episode and watching Megan go through that "oh I could totally use my power in a good way to make up for the bad, but instead I'm going to be a prissy, whiny burden for no justifiable reason." Please let's start a petition to kill off Megan.

#2 Posted by dondave (38892 posts) - - Show Bio

@ScionofBalance: she only did beccause in the previuos episode, she mindr*aped Aqualad because she thought he killed Artemis, now she's scared to use her powers

#3 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont know about killing her off but she is annoying as hell. Maybe less screen time in exchange for giving someone else some shine...

#4 Posted by mfundo (1623 posts) - - Show Bio

Even more M'gann hate. Why did I even think that this sort of thing wouldn't happen? I'm such an idiot.

#5 Posted by SupBatz (1849 posts) - - Show Bio

Give her a chance. They're clearly on the way to making her redeem herself. She's definitely become more unlikeable as of late but any great character has to fall before he/she reaches greatness again.

#6 Edited by Black_Claw (3090 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't want her to be killed off but she has been annoying as hell lately. At least we're gonna get an episode of Black Manta kicking the crap out of her. Now THAT is gonna be satisfying. Besides, if anybody should be killed off, it should be Lagoon Boy.

#7 Posted by TheCannon (19422 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh. Flagged for trying to start a flame war.

#8 Posted by Oscars94 (2621 posts) - - Show Bio

She's from another planet, she's had to adapt to Earth's population, she was discriminated against on her own planet for being a White Martian so much that she changes her appearance to Green Martian to be more "acceptable" and she has a huge array of immensely destructive powers. I think if we look deep inside our Comic-Fan hearts we can try to relate to how she's feeling.

#9 Posted by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

@mfundo said:

Even more M'gann hate. Why did I even think that this sort of thing wouldn't happen? I'm such an idiot.

#10 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

Before yesterday: "OMG MEGAN IS SUCH A BITCH. SHE SHOULDN"T USE HER POWERS TO MIND CRUSH PEOPLE! EVEN HER ENEMIES!"

Yesterday: "OMG MEGAN WHY YOU NO USE YOUR POWERS TO MIND CRUSH YOUR ENEMY?! YOU USELESS BITCH!"

really people? I mean, really?

#11 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13629 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4 said:

Before yesterday: "OMG MEGAN IS SUCH A BITCH. SHE SHOULDN"T USE HER POWERS TO MIND CRUSH PEOPLE! EVEN HER ENEMIES!"

Yesterday: "OMG MEGAN WHY YOU NO USE YOUR POWERS TO MIND CRUSH YOUR ENEMY?! YOU USELESS BITCH!"

lol.It funny cuz its true.

#12 Posted by Oscars94 (2621 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: This ^

#13 Posted by ltbrd (562 posts) - - Show Bio

I like her character and the interesting debate on the use of her powers that the writers have brought up. I wish they hadn't pushed the "hello megan" so much but if that's what everyone is getting hung up on I would argue that you're being a bit picky when you consider you're watching a cartoon. At the end of the day Young Justice has had great writing and the debate of Megan's use of power has been a big part of that. Personally I'm more upset by the treatment of Superboy in season 2 than with the treatment of Megan. I had no problem in Season 1 that they didn't go the tactile telekinesis route as they already had a telekinetic with Megan and the comic book version of Superboy's use of TK (up till the new 52) was sporadic at best a not explained very well (again not talking about the new 52). However, the idea of him always being 16 and seemingly never getting a power increase I thought was a bad call. They should have let him age and given him flight by this point. No other powers. No heat vision or x-ray vision. Just show a natural age progression and allow him to fly. He'd still not be as strong as a pure blood kryptonian but his character seems to have received the least amount of character progression in the second season in favor of just leaving him the team punching guy.

Know this was a thread about Megan but I really don't think her character is bad and people make too much of a deal in regards to the "hello megan" than they should when, from a writing sense, her use of powers is definitely a nice touch to this season and fits in well with the darker tone of the team's plight.

#14 Posted by JohnnyGat (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4 said:

Well the threat that she was facing varied. In the situation against both Aqualad she could have used her telekinesis as a means to fight Kaldur then should the situation call for it and no other option is left then you go for more drastic approaches. Now in the situation of the Kroloteans they were defenseless, against Aqualad she used as an initial attack with the intent to do harm. Despero on the other hand just took out Captain Marvel and Zatanna and Superboy was barely leaving any mark on Despero, they were trapped within a field with no means of escape and the only person without any field experience is risking his life stalling. Using her powers then would be more appropriate given the situation.

All in all the real complaints against M'gann is not that she uses her brain crushing powers, the criticism is that she abused her power. She used it even when it could have been avoided and when desperate measures came she refuses to use it. It's as if she has a hard time grasping the differing factors of a situation.

Yes there was justification as to why MM mindf-ed the kroloteans and it was understandable why she wanted to do that to Kaldur but it doesn't make it any more likeable

#15 Posted by Bestostero (5590 posts) - - Show Bio

well least she didnt say hello megan once yesterday, that was pleasant lol

#16 Posted by X9 (767 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I have to say I have nothing against M'gann...but, yeah, I felt like shaking her in the last episode. Actually, Superboy just took the words out of my mouth.

But in the end she did what she had to do, so I was ok with it. Plus, she's certainly going to tell Conner about the plan she found out...nice

#17 Posted by mk111 (3139 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want her to die, but yeah, that whole thing has been annoying. I get that she would be scared to use her mind powers, but Despero is an evil alien warlord.

And when he was about to cut off Superboy's head, and she still couldn't do it....that was too much.

#18 Posted by SoA (5243 posts) - - Show Bio

@Black_Claw said:

I wouldn't want her to be killed off but she has been annoying as hell lately. At least we're gonna get an episode of Black Manta kicking the crap out of her. Now THAT is gonna be satisfying. Besides, if anybody should be killed off, it should be Lagoon Boy.
#19 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4 said:

Haha

#20 Posted by JamesKM716 (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be completely okay with killing her off.

#21 Posted by Oscars94 (2621 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716: And if they do J'onn will go completely insane with rage thus making the awesome reboot to MARS ATTACKS!

#22 Posted by JamesKM716 (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

@Oscars94: But seriously, that'd be an amazingly awesome episode.

#23 Posted by mfundo (1623 posts) - - Show Bio

@Oscars94: @JamesKM716: I so agree.

#24 Posted by mfundo (1623 posts) - - Show Bio

Lay off M'gann, she's just really misunderstood. I mean she thought she lost her Earth sister, somebody she bonded with for like 5 years and you're still bashing her. It's bad enough she's been discriminated against for the first 48 years of her life and just because she says "Hello Megan" lots of times does not come to the point where she must be killed. What I'm really hoping for is for her to die from saving the world or stopping the future big bad with her bad-ass mental powers just to show you bitches how far she'd go to protect Earth, a planet that she loves. This latest episode she didn't want to use her powers because of what she did. She's trying to own up and by telling Superboy is a really good step to her getting back to the M'gann who uses her telepathic abilities to a lesser extent. I mean seriously guys quit the BS!

#25 Posted by TheCannon (19422 posts) - - Show Bio

Several people have said my exact thoughts (like above). But I won't bother going over them.

Really, what does it take to get a thread locked?

#26 Posted by BlackWind (7195 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though Miss Martian's mmisuse of her powers on people, especially Connor and Kaldur are annoying to me, I don't want her dead. Her actions this latest episode were completely reasonable, she just realised that she did something she neve wanted to do: Hurt a friend. Her willingness to use mind rape as the answer to a problem has bit her in the ass after she was warned by Superboy and she has to deal with it.

She can still make up for what she did.

#27 Posted by nmiller1939 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say that she's my least favorite character, but that's from an "I don't particularly like her" stance rather than a "she's a bad character". Ultimately, even if I don't really like her personality, she's an integral part of the show and adds a lot to the dynamic. Killing her off would be a huge mistake.

#28 Posted by wisesonAC (162 posts) - - Show Bio

the honest truth. no matter how much you want they arent gonna kill her off. deal with it. she is a main character. its a kid sho. season 2 is already complete. and she is at a critical point in her character. she is developing.

#29 Posted by JasonTodd13 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

i would say kill her off, so Superboy can get together with Wonder Girl, but its unrealistic, the writers really enjoy pissing off Superboy/Wonder Girl fans, havent seen kon-el and cassie interact yet in the show...jerks.

#30 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

If they kill her off then they wasted my time given her absurd amount of screen time.

#31 Posted by YoungJustice (6919 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't lie, it is sort of realistic, but still..your ex is about to get his head cut off..

#32 Posted by TheMatch328 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you think the show is some kind of attempt to make Megan a more popular character for DC because its probably not and sorry for the Megan lovers shes an alright character but she is a plot device by the writers and if she was not they have some other character be her and do the same dam thing because thats how the writers wrote the show. Just stop watching the show we do not need haters of anyone on the Team.

#33 Edited by gridde (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously she won't get killed off. The writers have some kind of heroic endgame in mind her, otherwise she wouldn't be doing all this stuff (like someone else said, characters like her need a fall before becoming truly great). The only issue, I think, is that even if she ends up sacrificing herself to save the world, she may have been written as too unlikeable for too long such that a lot of fans are never going to enjoy the character now.

@mfundo said:

Lay off M'gann, she's just really misunderstood. I mean she thought she lost her Earth sister, somebody she bonded with for like 5 years and you're still bashing her. It's bad enough she's been discriminated against for the first 48 years of her life and just because she says "Hello Megan" lots of times does not come to the point where she must be killed. What I'm really hoping for is for her to die from saving the world or stopping the future big bad with her bad-ass mental powers just to show you bitches how far she'd go to protect Earth, a planet that she loves. This latest episode she didn't want to use her powers because of what she did. She's trying to own up and by telling Superboy is a really good step to her getting back to the M'gann who uses her telepathic abilities to a lesser extent. I mean seriously guys quit the BS!

I can understand people opposing the OTT hate, but I do not understand at all how others think she deserves a free pass. Other members of the team have had equally traumatising histories (Dick's parents died, Connor came from a petri dish, Flash's was raised during an apocalypse, etc etc), but none of them use that to justify bad actions or go about doing whatever they want.

I'm not really fussed with some of the stuff she's done that people seem to hate (such as getting with Lagoon Boy, "Hello Megan" and her erratic behaviour in the latest episode); it's purely the abuse of power that annoys me a great deal. Responsibility and restraint are among the most fundamental themes of modern comics, but she disregards these quite flippantly because it's easier and simply because she can. The fact that she continues abusing her power after what happened with Connor and that she hides it from everyone else is very troubling as well; it's simply villainous behaviour, and she has no justification for it at all.

#34 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4 said:

Indeed, she is annoying as hell. She was annoying since Hello Megan. This season shes just either destructive or useless.

#35 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Oscars94 said:

@JamesKM716: And if they do J'onn will go completely insane with rage thus making the awesome reboot to MARS ATTACKS!

gawd i seriously can't stand the martians. they're so freaking annoying.

#36 Posted by atomicfist (23 posts) - - Show Bio

more kidflash and less miss m

#37 Posted by TheCannon (19422 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm flagging this again. When will it be locked?

#38 Edited by eternalnature (364 posts) - - Show Bio

#39 Posted by gridde (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

Why does this thread merit being locked?

I'm kinda new; are we not allowed to express negative opinions about characters on this board?

#40 Posted by TheCannon (19422 posts) - - Show Bio

@gridde said:

@TheCannon said:

Why does this thread merit being locked?

I'm kinda new; are we not allowed to express negative opinions about characters on this board?

You can say you don't like a character (I make my hatred of the Guardians of the Galaxy very public), but you shouldn't make threads like this trying to start Flame Wars.

Welcome to the Vine BTW.

#41 Posted by Atari_Graphics (171 posts) - - Show Bio

MM is one of my favorite characters on the show. I also thinks she one of the shows deepest and realest characters. Wanting to cover up who you really are because you think people wouldnt except the real you is a very powerful human emotion and its one that the show is very brave to try to tackle. It's what separates YJ from regular kiddie shows I could care less about.

#42 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (7559 posts) - - Show Bio

I like her character. I don't think she should be killed off. I also think a lot of YJ fans would be in an uproar if they killed her off. Also its a kids show I don't think they are killing anyone off

#43 Posted by Ben836 (42 posts) - - Show Bio

No, I kinda like her as a character. Sure, she may seem annoying now. But Superboy came off the same way to me before. There is always that one guy, who tries to be the tough guy who doesn't need any help, or doesn't want to share his past. Its was just super irritating at first.

#44 Posted by Suprman (442 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't agree with killing her character. Although from the very start, she has been my least favorite member of the group. I'd be ok with her fading to the background for a few episodes to sort out her issues and then return when she's back to normal, at least normal for her.

#45 Posted by michaelthemighty17 (237 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@Oscars94 said:

lol

#46 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13629 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@Oscars94 said:

someone is sipping that haterade XD

#47 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@sethysquare said:

@Oscars94 said:

LOL. Still not a fan. On a side note, Jonn does look much better in purple.

#48 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

Getting straight to the point with the title alone, but I say keep her. I'm pretty neutral towards her.

#49 Posted by Target_X (379 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Ravager4 said:

lol.It funny cuz its true.

This.

Also:

I think M'gann is pretty integral to the show and probably one of the most well-rounded and deepest characters personality-wise. <.<

#50 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13629 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@sethysquare said:

@Oscars94 said:

LOL. Still not a fan.

oh well, cant please everybody am i right?

On a side note, Jonn does look much better in purple.

and pants. I like that they moved his symbol from his belt to his chest too.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.