Jason Todd Role in YJ?

#1 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

You've all seen this pic.

We know that Robin is Jason Todd.

But do you think he will have a role in the show if so then what?

Write your theory below. I hope we see him as red hood and if he's in it they got to get JENSEN ACKLES to voice him because he was amazing.

#2 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think we will see anything this season. Jason's motivations would not work with the Light. His vendetta is against Batman and Tim, also Nightwing to a lesser extent. I would LOVE to see Jensen come back and voice him. UTRH is the best DC animated movie by far.

By showing Jason there they have set up all the necessary building blocks to bring in Red Hood, however the show has too large a plot this season to use 1-2 episodes focusing on the return of Jason. Especially when Artemis is not truly gone, and we have seen flashes of Tula. Somebody has to "hold down the fort" of fallen sidekicks, so to speak.

#3 Posted by britsera (204 posts) - - Show Bio

@r3d_rob1n said:

I don't think we will see anything this season. Jason's motivations would not work with the Light. His vendetta is against Batman and Tim, also Nightwing to a lesser extent. I would LOVE to see Jensen come back and voice him. UTRH is the best DC animated movie by far.

By showing Jason there they have set up all the necessary building blocks to bring in Red Hood, however the show has too large a plot this season to use 1-2 episodes focusing on the return of Jason. Especially when Artemis is not truly gone, and we have seen flashes of Tula. Somebody has to "hold down the fort" of fallen sidekicks, so to speak.

Exactly! I want them to do Jason, but I want them to do it well. The roster is already big (we're still getting to know everyone). I'll happy wait another season or two if it means were get a really good episode out of it.

Right now I kinda want him to be referenced here and there (that little line NW had to Tim early on was exactly how it should be handled for now), maybe have some hints of him starting trouble at the end of the season (assuming he becomes more important in season 3).

#4 Posted by The Lobster (1521 posts) - - Show Bio

Funny how Jason Todd didn't last long as a Robin. It's only been fives years since the end of season 1 and beginning of season 2. So I'm guessing he last a year or two at most. 

Makes sense though. An arrogant cocky little snot like Jason Todd wouldn't last long doing the stuff Batman does.

#5 Edited by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Lobster said:

Funny how Jason Todd didn't last long as a Robin. It's only been fives years since the end of season 1 and beginning of season 2. So I'm guessing he last a year or two at most. Makes sense though. An arrogant cocky little snot like Jason Todd wouldn't last long doing the stuff Batman does.

He died after walking into a trap to save his mother from the Joker. She betrayed him and callously watched him get beat to near death while smoking. Then the Joker tied her up and trapped her and Jason in a building with explosives set to blow. Jason got up, despite being grievously injured and untied her before collapsing. Building went ka-boom, end of story.

He didn't die as an arrogant, cocky little snot, Jason died as a hero. Writers may forever portray him as the Angry Robin, but their lack of understanding or research on the character is their problem.

#6 Edited by The Lobster (1521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shotgun said:

@The Lobster said:

Funny how Jason Todd didn't last long as a Robin. It's only been fives years since the end of season 1 and beginning of season 2. So I'm guessing he last a year or two at most. Makes sense though. An arrogant cocky little snot like Jason Todd wouldn't last long doing the stuff Batman does.

He died after walking into a trap to save his mother from the Joker. She betrayed him and watched him get beat to near death. Then the Joker tied her up and trapped her and Jason in a building with explosives set to blow. Jason got up, despite being grievously injured and untied her before collapsing. Building went ka-boom, end of story. He didn't die as an arrogant, cocky little snot, Jason died as a hero.

A hero in the new 52, but in the comic continuity before this....he was a cocky little snot who thought he could take on The Joker alone, and got beaten with a crowbar and blown up because of it.
#7 Posted by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Lobster said:

@Shotgun said:

@The Lobster said:

He died after walking into a trap to save his mother from the Joker. She betrayed him and watched him get beat to near death. Then the Joker tied her up and trapped her and Jason in a building with explosives set to blow. Jason got up, despite being grievously injured and untied her before collapsing. Building went ka-boom, end of story. He didn't die as an arrogant, cocky little snot, Jason died as a hero.

A hero in the new 52, but in the comic continuity before this....he was a cocky little snot who thought he could take on The Joker alone, and got beaten with a crowbar and blown up because of it.

He is an anti-hero. My previous reply was his pre-52 manner of death. Which was comic continuity.

#8 Posted by Skaddix (3117 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see him doing much in S2. Especially considering Bruce is off Earth.

#9 Edited by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Those Holograms are of people who died. Notice Ted Kord, Aquagirl and Artemis. Besides, Drake is Robin now. They won't do Red Hood.

#10 Edited by The Lobster (1521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shotgun said:

@The Lobster said:

@Shotgun said:

@The Lobster said:

He is an anti-hero. My previous reply was his pre-52 manner of death. Which was comic continuity.

Just re-read Death in The Family, My bad, you are correct. He went to save his mother. I've been watching Under The Red Hood for a while that the way they told a Death in The Family in that film must have replaced my thoughts of what actually happened.

However he was and still is a cocky little snot. He was still brash and impulsive (aka Cocky). He still viciously beat and (Although it's not certain) may have killed criminals (making him a snot).  In fact if it wasn't for him running off to find his mother because he thought he could do it on his own, instead of ask the worlds greatest detective (aka the man you work for) for help. He might not have died.

As for the anti-hero comment.....sure.....but that doesn't mean he wasn't an arrogant little snot. I love the character of Deadpool but that doesn't mean that I don't deny that he can be a bit of a prick sometimes. Him being a prick is one of the reasons I love him as a character. He's flawed. Same thing applies.
#11 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio

Um Jason Todd is dead judging by the pic

#12 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

Um Jason Todd is dead judging by the pic

Jason dies and comes back in his origin to become the red hood.

The mistake people are making is that's NOT Jason Todd, that's Tim Drake's backstory they're memorializing.

#13 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: That wasn't Tim Drake's backstory, That pic was a memorial of the dead heroes.

#14 Posted by cattlebattle (12977 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:

The mistake people are making is that's NOT Jason Todd, that's Tim Drake's backstory they're memorializing.

Elaborate.....
#15 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil: @cattlebattle: I was making a joke about the death of Tim Drake backstory in the New52. That the Robin hologram was a memorial to the now defunct previous origin of Tim Drake.

#16 Posted by cattlebattle (12977 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:

@Jnr6Lil: @cattlebattle: I was making a joke about the death of Tim Drake backstory in the New52. That the Robin hologram was a memorial to the now defunct previous origin of Tim Drake.

Aha...I am not a big DC follower, so...over my head at first. It is pretty funny though now I know what you are referring too.
#17 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: Oh

#18 Posted by X9 (765 posts) - - Show Bio

The way Tim was looking at his hologram with that whole predecessor/mentor conversation in the background... it's not the last time we're hearing Jason's name...

#19 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9: Wasn't that Beetle.

#20 Posted by BlueArrow (256 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason and Arsenal are going to Team-up for sure. them vs Red arrow and Nightwing. It's gonna be epic

#21 Posted by X9 (765 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@X9: Wasn't that Beetle.

No, it was Tim, while Beetle and Bart were talking :)

At least Tim is gonna tell somebody how he feels about replacing Jason and so on...

#22 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9: I don't remember any convo with Tim talking.

#23 Posted by X9 (765 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@X9: I don't remember any convo with Tim talking.

He didn't talk, he kept staring at Jason's hologram the whole time Beetle and Impulse were talking

#24 Posted by Mutant God (3048 posts) - - Show Bio

I know its Artemis and Ted Kord, so thats Jason Todd right? and whos the fourth hero

#25 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14943 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Mutant God (3048 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective: oh thanks

#28 Posted by vernierhawk001 (539 posts) - - Show Bio

@britsera said:

@r3d_rob1n said:

Exactly! I want them to do Jason, but I want them to do it well. The roster is already big (we're still getting to know everyone). I'll happy wait another season or two if it means were get a really good episode out of it.

Right now I kinda want him to be referenced here and there (that little line NW had to Tim early on was exactly how it should be handled for now), maybe have some hints of him starting trouble at the end of the season (assuming he becomes more important in season 3).

I agree. The story is too big right now and Todd wouldn't really fit with the plotline UNLESS: they do something where the Light or the Reach mess with his body and reanimate him in that manner.

#29 Edited by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9: Exactly

#30 Posted by Nightflame (26 posts) - - Show Bio

@vernierhawk001
That COULD work...although it wouldn't go completly with Jason's history. I guess since the show is set on Earth 16 (correct me on that if I'm wrong), a little artistic license would be okay. Plus, I REALLY would like to see Jason make an appearance, if not become a regular...and it would also be really cool to see how his reappearance would play out with the Bat Family, especially if Batman is gone while he appears...I can see some interesting prospects coming on. Very whelming...I hope he comes soon.

#31 Posted by vernierhawk001 (539 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightflame said:

@vernierhawk001:
That COULD work...although it wouldn't go completly with Jason's history. I guess since the show is set on Earth 16 (correct me on that if I'm wrong), a little artistic license would be okay. Plus, I REALLY would like to see Jason make an appearance, if not become a regular...and it would also be really cool to see how his reappearance would play out with the Bat Family, especially if Batman is gone while he appears...I can see some interesting prospects coming on. Very whelming...I hope he comes soon.

It would be interesting, perhaps, but, like I said, I think it would take away from the main storyline too much. Jason Todd brings so much drama into anything (especially with his cult-following) that we would have a rehashing of Under the Red Hood and all focus on the Light and the larger Invasion plotline would be thrown to the wind. lol. Lokk at how much buzz was genereated over like a 30 second shot of him....and he wasn't even talking!

#32 Edited by MisterKetch (253 posts) - - Show Bio
http://www.comicvine.com/young-justice/65-17733/no-red-hood-in-young-justice-season-2/92-697793/#34

If you haven't checked out this other thread regarding Jason/Red Hood in Young Justice it answers the question for now at least

#33 Posted by LipstickZombie (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueArrow said:

Jason and Arsenal are going to Team-up for sure. them vs Red arrow and Nightwing. It's gonna be epic

Totally!!!!

#34 Posted by Crackdown (605 posts) - - Show Bio

As the voice for Batman seems to be the same, I like to believe that Under The Red Hood is in the same universe

#35 Posted by DMXN (93 posts) - - Show Bio

They could remove Jason, but they didn't, the creators still made Jason's hologram and this foreshadows that we might see The Red Hood soon.

#36 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13400 posts) - - Show Bio

@DMXN said:

They could remove Jason, but they didn't, the creators still made Jason's hologram and this foreshadows that we might see The Red Hood soon.

not really. not everything is foreshadowing. maybe they just wanted to give fans a reference.

#37 Posted by DMXN (93 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Every one of the holograms has his role to play.

Tula changed Aqualad, maybe he didn't change the side but he still isn't full on the Team's side.

Artemis, well atremis is alive and she still take a big part in the story of the Team.

Ted Kord is the previous Blue Beetle, Jaime looks up to him, and regrets not having a mentor, Ted influences Jaime to be who he is.

And Jason hologram cant be just standing there.

#38 Posted by LipstickZombie (91 posts) - - Show Bio

I was SO excited when I saw Jason Todd! I would love it is he came back (as he did in the comics) and him and the original Roy Harper (not Arsenal) and become the angry duo on YJ.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.