Jaime and Bart: Earth 16's version of "Blue and Gold"?

#1 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2519 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one that gets a strong feeling that Jaime and Bart being put together as friends is a slight nod to Ted Kord and Booster Gold? Jaime is Blue Beetle and Bart is a time-traveler and has the one-piece goggle/visor thing Booster has. Or am I just reading a little too much into this?

#2 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio
@Smart_Dork_Dude: Nice thought!
#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11732 posts) - - Show Bio

They are shaping up to be best friends. I wouldn't call them Blue & Gold though.

#4 Posted by X9 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha, they're besties, that's for sure.

#5 Posted by cattlebattle (12275 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say your onto something....I think the introduction of the Time Stealers, or at least some of them may lend more credibility to this notion

#6 Posted by Nightflame (26 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting...VERY interesting...

#7 Posted by serfdom (17 posts) - - Show Bio

no your wrong (at least i think so)

i thought it was pretty clear hes getting close to Blue because he has forewarning of the reach invasion... and thats where his suit/thing came from

ie he wants to be close to help jaime not be taken over by reach or to deal with the problem if he cant help him..rem that high spirited personality is all fake

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.