Follow

Young Justice

Team » Young Justice appears in 269 issues.

Young Justice started as another legacy team consisting of a generation of sidekicks younger than the original Teen Titans lineup. Like the Teen Titans, they would eventually increase membership beyond sidekicks and make a name for themselves beyond their mentors.

Is Young Justice based after Justice League:Doom?

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've been wondering about this for quite some time. In Justice League: Doom Vandal Savage's face was scratched by Cheetah. In Young Justice he always appears to have claw-like scars on his face. Also the animation is quite similar. What do you guys think? If it's obvious don't be too judgemental. I love both the movie and the series. If it is in fact based after it , I think it'd be cool to see Cyborg as a member of the League in the final episode.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Veshark

I don't think that's possible, as Young Justice premiered in 2010 while Doom came out in 2012. If anything, Doom might have been inspired by Young Justice.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Oscars94 said:

I've been wondering about this for quite some time. In Justice League: Doom Vandal Savage's face was scratched by Cheetah. In Young Justice he always appears to have claw-like scars on his face. Also the animation is quite similar. What do you guys think? If it's obvious don't be too judgemental. I love both the movie and the series. If it is in fact based after it , I think it'd be cool to see Cyborg as a member of the League in the final episode.

Thats because the same artist and animation studio worked on both shows, they just probably favored the military dictator design he seems to have

The reason Savages face is scarred in YJ is due to him being clawed by a bear before receiving his gifts of immortality and healing in his caveman days.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Veshark: Maybe Doom's a prequel. They might've made it due to the success of Young Justice :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Thanks for the info on Savage! I'm more of a Marvel fan myself but DC animated films and Young Justice are making DC look very promising.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Veshark

@Oscars94 said:

@Veshark: Maybe Doom's a prequel. They might've made it due to the success of Young Justice :D

Not to my knowledge, I'm fairly certain that they're both in different universes. Still, it was an interesting observation on your part. I never even noticed that it was only Doom and YJ that gave Savage the sideburns-Wolverine look. Most of the time Savage is portrayed with a standard beard, like JLU or the comics. Definitely think he looks better with the sideburns, IMO.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By colonyofcells

Young Justice is getting cancelled so no room to bring in Cyborg or other characters like Starfire and Raven. Vandal Savage is an interesting villain since he has been around since the early days of humans and the only rival he has is Immortal Man. Maybe dc can use Immortal Man more as maybe dc's answer to Professor X.

Suprman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By Suprman

As far as I know, The same animation studio did both, Not that I'm complaining, it's a cool design. I believe the same studio also did Crisis on Two Earths, which to be honest I really like.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By colonyofcells

Young Justice was done before New 52 and its main influences are the pre flashpoint continuities where you have 4 generations of Flash : Jay, Barry, Wally, Bart. Justice League Doom got hit by the New 52 stuff so we have Cyborg in the Justice League. The Star Sapphire in Doom draws from both the silver age and the Geoff Johns revival of the Star Sapphire (before the switch from jewel to violet rings and the formation of the violet lantern corps).

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#10  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

No, they just have similar animation.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Oscars94 said:

too many differences for them to be set in the same universe. such as team roster, characterization etc

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By colonyofcells

Doom had Firestorm but I am not sure why the Young Justice's Justice League does not have Firestorm.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@colonyofcells said:

Doom had Firestorm but I am not sure why the Young Justice's Justice League does not have Firestorm.

no, Crisis on two earths had Firestorm.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@colonyofcells said:

Young Justice was done before New 52 and its main influences are the pre flashpoint continuities where you have 4 generations of Flash : Jay, Barry, Wally, Bart. Justice League Doom got hit by the New 52 stuff so we have Cyborg in the Justice League. The Star Sapphire in Doom draws from both the silver age and the Geoff Johns revival of the Star Sapphire (before the switch from jewel to violet rings and the formation of the violet lantern corps).

this more or less. even though Doom came out a few months before the New 52 hit.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By comicace3

@Oscars94 said:

I could've swore his scars healed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicace3: Oh...they did... almost straight away :D Well this is embarassing!

iBryanLon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94: i know right.. why can't marvel produce this kind on quality on the avengers earth mightiest heros.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ibryanlon: I liked The Avengers EMH. It had a cool, bright style with great character interaction and excellent stories. Avengers Assemble however...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.