Intervention: a good episode but worrying signs....

#1 Posted by srk12 (84 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought overall that the episode was quite good. Jaime's talkback to the scarab and the Reach was pretty funny. The action scenes were pretty cool. Also, it was really nice to see Zatanna's power. It was also the first time since 'Satisfaction' that we saw Rocket so that was good. However, it did seem to me that the pulled the beetle cure out of thin air. Maybe my memory is failing me but I don't remember Batgirl taking holographic images of the temple walls in 'Beneath'. It did feel like a quick fix solution and just seemed a bit too easy for my liking. Unfortunately, I'm not that surprised. There is still a ton of plotlines to be resolved with only about 45 minutes of the show left so you can be sure that there will be aspects of the last two episodes that will feel very rushed.

PS: Can someone explain why Black Beetle is so much more powerful that Blue or Green Beetle? The team took out Blue and Green fairly easily but they were completely outmatched by Black Beetle before.

#2 Posted by Theorder14 (1446 posts) - - Show Bio

@srk12: well, Black beetle never fought against leaguers before

#3 Posted by cattlebattle (12694 posts) - - Show Bio
@srk12 said:

I thought overall that the episode was quite good. Jaime's talkback to the scarab and the Reach was pretty funny. The action scenes were pretty cool. Also, it was really nice to see Zatanna's power. It was also the first time since 'Satisfaction' that we saw Rocket so that was good. However, it did seem to me that the pulled the beetle cure out of thin air. Maybe my memory is failing me but I don't remember Batgirl taking holographic images of the temple walls in 'Beneath'. It did feel like a quick fix solution and just seemed a bit too easy for my liking. Unfortunately, I'm not that surprised. There is still a ton of plotlines to be resolved with only about 45 minutes of the show left so you can be sure that there will be aspects of the last two episodes that will feel very rushed.

PS: Can someone explain why Black Beetle is so much more powerful that Blue or Green Beetle? The team took out Blue and Green fairly easily but they were completely outmatched by Black Beetle before.

We have seen Rocket several times since Satisfaction....she protected Dr. Fate in the episode "War"

There is not a "ton of plotlines"....why do you keep saying that??  There is only the Reach story and Aqualad and Artemis undercover mission...which seems like its going to be wrapped up...

They used the weaknesses of Green and Blue to overcome them, whenever the team battled Black Beetle, they didn't have the adequate members or abilities to take him. Plus, its very possible he was extremely strong and durable before he had a scarab
#4 Posted by srk12 (84 posts) - - Show Bio

#5 Posted by not2baad (530 posts) - - Show Bio

great episode I think because Blue and Green were being controlled vs Black using his powers on his is why it was easier to defeat them or just hold them at bay.

#6 Posted by nmiller1939 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@srk12 said:

I feel like the Light's plan is pretty clear, though never explicitly stated. Vandal Savage wants to enhance humanity at any cost, so they arranged for aliens to come to the planet, bringing tech and data on the metagene. Then, they can use that tech and research to build superhuman weapons, and have all the increased power and influence that causes.

#7 Posted by Fallen_Crippled (6448 posts) - - Show Bio

I do agree with the beetle cure. Where did that come from? That was definitely a quick change to something that had so much buildup throughout the season.

#8 Posted by Oscars94 (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@srk12: Well Green Beetle and Blue Beetle may be powerful but they are a martian and a human. The Reach probably wanted Black Beetle to be the most powerful because he is of the Reach. Also they wanted them to be controlled meaning Green Beetle's telepathy must have been supressed somehow. Black Beetle had no such restrictions and can fight as ruthlessly as he wants. I'm so glad Blue Beetle's back on the team! Love this show!

#9 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Shame the show met a premature end. Light takes too long to sneeze.

#10 Posted by Vitacura (78 posts) - - Show Bio

The more episodes the show advances the more it seems like the Light is going to come out on top.

#11 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7704 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vitacura said:

The more episodes the show advances the more it seems like the Light is going to come out on top.

#12 Posted by darkman97 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@srk12 said:

We have seen Rocket several times since Satisfaction....she protected Dr. Fate in the episode "War" There is not a "ton of plotlines"....why do you keep saying that?? There is only the Reach story and Aqualad and Artemis undercover mission...which seems like its going to be wrapped up... They used the weaknesses of Green and Blue to overcome them, whenever the team battled Black Beetle, they didn't have the adequate members or abilities to take him. Plus, its very possible he was extremely strong and durable before he had a scarab

don't forget about the huge plotline with the league on trial. but yeah i just made myself believe that Black beetle is stronger because it's a Reach body working with the Reach tech. maybe they work better together. i do however agree that this did seem rushed though. still loved the episode.

#13 Posted by Captain13 (3318 posts) - - Show Bio

Rocket and Zatanna are like chocolate and peanut butter. I cannot believe i never thought to put those two together! I hope to see them work together in the comics.

#14 Posted by pokemonmon (47 posts) - - Show Bio

im surprised nobody has said this: everyone is making a big deal about blue beetle being the one to take over the world... so doesnt that technically mean hes stronger? why is black beetle the stronger one then?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.