If Young Justice continued in comic form would you by it?

#1 Posted by judasnixon (6228 posts) - - Show Bio

Just like Buffy and Smallville, would you follow the Young Justice story in comic form?

#2 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

the art would have to improve. Right now, it looks like the back of a cereal box and a shoddy attempt at the cartoon visuals. Either that or drop the price to $.99. Or have Earth-12 and 16 crossover for an event. Truthfully, there are so many stories that still need to be told that I'll take almost any closure.

#3 Posted by JohnnyGat (1561 posts) - - Show Bio

If the art becomes geared more towards the comic medium. As a cartoon the current art works on TV but as a comic it would look cheap.

#4 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know how legitimate it was, but when I heard about the cancellation of YJ and looked into, it said the comic was also cancelled.

#5 Posted by cattlebattle (12599 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Justice had a comic that was following the series and it was canceled.

#6 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle:

WHY?!?!?!?! Young Justice was good!!! No, it was great!!!! At least on par with Justice League and Justice League Unlimited!!!!

Green Lantern was good too!!! I KINDA see why they cancelled it as it was only made to tie into the movie which they thought would be a big hit. I enjoyed it, thought it was an okay movie, but it bombed so hard at the box office that they had to wait to put the show out and well....

Anyway, Green Lantern while I like it I can understand why it was cancelled better than I can Young Justice!!!!!!

(This is in reference to the shows, not the YJ comic which I didn't read to be clear)

#7 Posted by cattlebattle (12599 posts) - - Show Bio
@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@cattlebattle:

WHY?!?!?!?! Young Justice was good!!! No, it was great!!!! At least on par with Justice League and Justice League Unlimited!!!!

Green Lantern was good too!!! I KINDA see why they cancelled it as it was only made to tie into the movie which they thought would be a big hit. I enjoyed it, thought it was an okay movie, but it bombed so hard at the box office that they had to wait to put the show out and well....

Anyway, Green Lantern while I like it I can understand why it was cancelled better than I can Young Justice!!!!!!

(This is in reference to the shows, not the YJ comic which I didn't read to be clear)

It probably wasn't pushing merchandise. Cartoon Network is sponsored by candy and toy companies, and is primarily aimed at 6-12 year olds. If the majority of Young Justice fans are kids in their late teens or people in their twenties the end goal isn't reached. 

People keep saying things like "CN execs are evil Satan people" but the fact is they have a job to do, and if a show isn't pulling in what they need it to....its gone
#8 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I say they should shop it around as a new Justice League show. Keep the characters from the old Justice League cartoon still off in space (I don't think it was a coincidence that they were the ones who were pretty much removed this past season) and just have most of "The Team" graduate to the League.

#9 Posted by judasnixon (6228 posts) - - Show Bio

After seeing something like 300 people go ape #$%@ on monday when they found out that Young Justice was going to be cancelled. I was wondering how many of those people (if any) were willing to follow that story if it continued in a comic. Over and over I herd how it was their favorite show, the best thing on TV, the greatest thing that cartoon network ever put out, and so on. I just want to know if people really loved the characters and the story line or was it a bunch of empty melodramatic anger at nothing. Is it something that people are willing to spend three dollars a month on? or is it something you enjoyed to watch on TV, but you have no interest in reading it monthly, or is it something cartoon network already "ruined" for you forever. I know that Young Justice had a comic and it got cancelled because no bought it. If it came out again to fill the void the show left behind would people pick it, or would it be doomed to cancellation once again?

#10 Posted by Teerack (5418 posts) - - Show Bio

I would, but if it was in comic form I would like a boost to the art.

#11 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe it is just me, but I don't think the comic was nearly as good as the show. It was good to fill in gaps, but as a stand alone, I'm not sure how I'd feel about it. Not to mention, the appeal of a TV show is just plain higher than a comic book.

#12 Posted by TheCannon (17965 posts) - - Show Bio

Possibly, though I probably wouldn't. I'd probably find it an insult.

#13 Posted by Mojo65 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: I think the Toyline could have been MUCH more successful had it been handled better, as it was the figures were low quality for their price, came out months late and while the show wasn't airing anything new, and were hardly advertised. Really just a perfect stew for failure. Unfortunately Mattel is incompetent.

Anyway yeah, I would gladly buy a comic book continuation of the series or really just a sort of anthology book set on Earth-16. if Weisman were writing it (or at least ploting it)like he wrote the tie-ins even better, actually was surprised that was canceled, usually those outlast the show they are based on and it was selling pretty good as far as tie-ins are concerned and well above the GL tie-in + it was gaining sales most months though it was still quite low.

Though some of the things in the Tie-in really should have been in the series proper, particularly the Lagoon Boy stuff in the current and final arc as some of those scenes make the guy a lot more sympathetic and make his relationship with M'gann make a lot more sense.

But yeah, I really love this version of the DCU so id be happy to see it continue in any form.

#14 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not the same.

#15 Posted by redhoodnet (153 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I really hope they do keep the Young Justice comic going and keep the story alive. For one thing we simply do not have enough good kids comic books. They cancelled Superman Family Adventures and if they cancel Young Justice (and for the matter Green Lantern the Animated Series) then they are really running out of good kids books.

#16 Posted by obscurefan (274 posts) - - Show Bio

Heck yes I would. That show was the only connection I still had to what was good about the Pre-New 52 DC Universe. They could continue it in comic strips inside packs of gum, I'd buy the crap out of it.

#17 Posted by cattlebattle (12599 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mojo65 said:

@cattlebattle: I think the Toyline could have been MUCH more successful had it been handled better, as it was the figures were low quality for their price, came out months late and while the show wasn't airing anything new, and were hardly advertised. Really just a perfect stew for failure. Unfortunately Mattel is incompetent.

I think they don't really care about the quality of the toys...which is unfortunate, but they just figure they are for kids. The TV show was marketed horridly though, if you look up the schedule of how often new episodes aired on wikipedia or something like that you will see that they would air like 9 episodes...go on hiatus for like 5 months, come back with like 5 episodes, then go off again. Not to mention they rarely plugged DC Nation. I am honestly surprised the show went past one season.

I always thought Mattel was pretty good to its buyers and companies, I think the He-Man collectors are pretty satisfied, although Mattel directly owns them unlike the DC toys which are just a license. I do think its a bit harsh to call a whole company incompetent because of one toyline that didn't preform well.
#18 Posted by Kreature (184 posts) - - Show Bio

They would need to have better art and write for teens and adults, not 9 year olds, but yeah, I would follow the story in comic form.

#19 Posted by papabearg4d (110 posts) - - Show Bio

Does the Young Justice comic book that is out now the same story with the show or not? I probably would if it is the same quality as the show, art and story wise.

#20 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon: I probably wouldn't because Dc would cancel it!

#21 Posted by TerryBogard2014 (480 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope.I liked young justice because it was a cartoon and a change of pace from the comics i already read.do not feel like adding yet another title to my pull list.Enough freaking books to keep up with as is :p

#22 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, if the "Young" part in the name was removed, and "League" was added to the end. Then a sub-heading was placed beneath the title saying "To replace everything else" and the cast was changed and it was written by Grant Morrison. Then I'd buy it.

#23 Posted by TDK_1997 (14474 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.I love the roster and a skilled writer is one the book then Hell YEAH!

#24 Posted by PassionFlower (960 posts) - - Show Bio

Id buy it if the quality was like the tv show I will miss these characters.

#25 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7689 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you mean by comic form?

The comics that are just used for merchandise.

Or like the legitimate DC Comics.

#26 Posted by serfdom (18 posts) - - Show Bio

i would

i already buy the comic and yes the art isnt that good but i like the story

#27 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

The comic would have to improve, and I'd rather a focus on the old team, but yes, I would buy it.

#28 Posted by Atari_Graphics (176 posts) - - Show Bio

If Greg Weisman and Brandon Vietti were still involved it would be my favorite book.

#29 Posted by camd (85 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes!

#30 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4644 posts) - - Show Bio

NO

#31 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6165 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really. It won't be the same..

#32 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

The comic is good, with better art I would make it a must buy, sadly is over as well :(

#33 Posted by Mojo65 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

They should like do something similar to what they did with the Beyond comics but with Earth-16.

#34 Posted by mk111 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio

Only if the comics got good reviews.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.