I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT (spoilers about todays episodes)

#1 Posted by pokemonmon (47 posts) - - Show Bio

i remember one of my theories about the green beetle was that maybe he is the one who actually triggers blue beetle to go apocaolyptical by secretly making communicating with the blue beetle and i was right :D i cannot wait to see how the rest of this season will unfold. i knew there was something suspicious going on

#2 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, duh.

This season needs more Nightwing, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian, Aqualad and Artemis.

With only a few episodes left, I'd rather the time be spent on the core team than on these reach-activated metahumans.

#3 Posted by pokemonmon (47 posts) - - Show Bio

they already had their own season and its pretty obvious that when the season gets closer to ending they will all get their screen time so i would be too worred about that anyway. when you think about it, the are more or less still the main focus anyway with the other characters as a subplot

#4 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokemonmon said:

they already had their own season and its pretty obvious that when the season gets closer to ending they will all get their screen time so i would be too worred about that anyway. when you think about it, the are more or less still the main focus anyway with the other characters as a subplot

Yeah, true, but I wanted more! I'd love to see how different Dick is as Nightwing, explore how Superboy's changed and Miss Martian's abuse of her powers etc.

#5 Posted by Dankeschoon (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't quite get what happened with blue black and green beetle today. Anyone care to explain it to me? Haha

#6 Posted by Vitacura (78 posts) - - Show Bio

I love this show but it's getting ridiculous. With 6 episodes left they keep losing something new every episode.... and it doesn't look like it's going to get better in the next two.

And they keep adding characters and plot lines!

#7 Posted by radraversion2 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

poor blue beetle.....he was so scared about becoming the traitor that he allowed himself to be reprogrammed into one. looks like impluse failed his mission

#8 Posted by mobilesleepy (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm wondering what Luthor's angle is recruiting the runaways.

Is the Light going to turn on the Reach? Was this a recent thing? I don't understand why the Light would even ally themselves with the Reach in the first place. Vandal Savage's and the Light's philosophy of Mankind being a Superior Lifeform doesn't quite gel with the Reach's Galactic Dominance and aspirations to conquer Earth.

Another great episode, nonetheless. The Runaways are likable kids, and this show does a good job of treating it's character with dignity.

#9 Posted by BlackWind (6011 posts) - - Show Bio

It was kinda obvious Green Beetle was gonna f*ck Jaimee over.

#10 Posted by Oscars94 (2461 posts) - - Show Bio

After the emotional episode "The Fix" in which Aqualad was being fixed, I was sure Blue Beetle would have full control of his Scarab. However, although I enjoyed this episode when I saw Black Bettle I was thinking "OH $£@#!!!!" But Static Shock was awesome!

#11 Posted by X9 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

It's just a little ridiculous from the Runaways to accept Luthor's help.

Virgirl, you have a family, why don't you at least talk to them first?

Plus, as far as they know, Jaime could only be pretending to act in a cold way or whatever. It'd be better to trust the guy who rescued you then the one who works with the Reach. Especially when he's your best friend.

Last but not least....a Japonese with green eyes? Are you serious, YJ? Plus, which Japonese wouldn't speak English?! They're from the land of child prodigies. Ok, I could buy the last one, but the green eyes where killing me.

But anyway, I was kinda sad when I found out Green Beetle was a traitor, cause I liked him. And the Runaways are a pretty nice group.

#12 Posted by cattlebattle (12675 posts) - - Show Bio
@X9 said:

They addressed this when talking to Jamie. If they go to their families that puts their family in jeopardy from the Reach as well. In this universe, Luthor isn't a publicized villain....or even questionable as an upstanding citizen for that matter, the runaways have no reason to distrust....hell, I trust him  :)
#13 Posted by TheCannon (18276 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone knew it. It was too obvious.

#14 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love it if the runaways where an actual super team

#15 Posted by X9 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@X9 said:

They addressed this when talking to Jamie. If they go to their families that puts their family in jeopardy from the Reach as well. In this universe, Luthor isn't a publicized villain....or even questionable as an upstanding citizen for that matter, the runaways have no reason to distrust....hell, I trust him :)

He could use a cellphone, you know? Hehe.

Plus, I'd find it really weird that Luthor is still working with the Reach while "trying" to help my group.

#16 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe teens just have greater trust in a baldy like Lex or maybe the teens like the sexy secretary of Lex. Martian Manhunter will probably save Blue Beetle and Green Beetle from the Reach.

#17 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7693 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

Everyone knew it. It was too obvious.

Yeah, even Impulse was suspicious

#18 Posted by pokemonmon (47 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dankeschoon: basically when green beetle "gave jamie control" what he really did was gibe the blue scarab full control of jamie. so everything he did as of that moment was all blue scarab not jamie himself. the gang realized he had been taking over when he was being reckless during the battle (destroying buildings with people in them, willing to sacrifice his friends during a fight, etc)

#19 Posted by cattlebattle (12675 posts) - - Show Bio
@X9 said:

He could use a cellphone, you know? Hehe.

Plus, I'd find it really weird that Luthor is still working with the Reach while "trying" to help my group.

Virgil did call his family though, outside the train station. Everyone was mad that he did.
#20 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6097 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil: LOL i didn't suspect it till he almost sacrificed static and them

#21 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7693 posts) - - Show Bio

@ULTRAstarkiller: It seemed suspicious.

#22 Posted by jasontodd7 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokemonmon: jamie scarab was in full control when he first fighted black beetle and still didin't stand down..

I'm really sure that we haven't see the full story yet..

#23 Posted by pokemonmon (47 posts) - - Show Bio

@jasontodd7: well think about it: whenever jamie did something the blue scarab didnt approve of, it would butt in and try to get jamie to do something messed up. im guessing thats what happened here. jamie wasnt battling at the efficiency blue scarab wanted so at some point it took power.

#24 Posted by CrimsonCake (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

I would love it if the runaways where an actual super team

Marvel Comic's The Runaways is somewhat similar to them.

#25 Posted by Oscars94 (2461 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake: I was given The Runaways comic for Christmas :D It's one of my favourites!

#26 Posted by darkman97 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm so lost now. lol.

ok... so the Reach and the Light aren't together anymore? Cool I'm fine with that, but did anyone else get the feeling the "color beetles" are working together aside from the Reach? If Green Beetle was able to reprogram the Blue, why didn't they have him do it when the Reach had him captured?

#27 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6586 posts) - - Show Bio

Duhhhh Everybody knew Green Beetle was a bad guy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.