Finally, an animated Nightwing that actually looks badass.

• 58 results
#1 Edited by Underachiever007 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, how long did we have to wait for this? This series really has very good art direction. There is an occasional dud design here and there, but it hits far more often than it misses. Just compare some of the animated Nightwings we've seen thus far with the Young Justice one (couldn't find a good pic for DCAU Nightwing):

#2 Posted by Ms. Omega (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

Your right I love the way he looks in Young Justice.

#3 Posted by Kavahaden (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea he does look really cool in the show

#4 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a huge fan of YJ but I agree, his new costume looks sick.

#5 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah he looks tight in YJ

#6 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Gross, was the first one from Teen Titans?

And where was the second one from?

#7 Edited by Underachiever007 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

That awful 2004 Batman series. The Batman, I think it was called.

And yes, the first one was from Teen Titans.

#8 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

Not a huge fan of YJ but I agree, his new costume looks sick.

#9 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing looks in Under the Red Hood is good...its not an animated series, but its animated nonetheless lol

#10 Posted by jack16ichigo (479 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care for the bird symbol id prefer the one he actually had in comics stripes included but they always do that...overall though its good I like the more functional look to it.

#11 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34277 posts) - - Show Bio

his costume looks like something from MGS

#12 Posted by WZA (32 posts) - - Show Bio

@Underachiever007 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Hahaa I actually kinda liked that batman show, though I never appreciated joker's dreadful design x_x

#13 Posted by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

@WZA said:

@Underachiever007 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Hahaa I actually kinda liked that batman show, though I never appreciated joker's dreadful design x_x

It was a decent show. The problem is fans are quick to write off any series that isn't Batman The Animated Series-esq. This has been true for every Batman show since BTAS ended.

#14 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I was slightly disturbed when I saw Nightwing with so much hair in Teen Titans.

I really like the YJ nightwing costume as well.

#15 Posted by KMART4455 (1290 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoggSaron said:

@WZA said:

@Underachiever007 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

It was a decent show. The problem is fans are quick to write off any series that isn't Batman The Animated Series-esq. This has been true for every Batman show since BTAS ended.

In all fairness it doesn't compare to BTAS. It was a decent show though

#16 Posted by Deranged Midget (17822 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked his look from Under the Red Hood better.

#17 Posted by cattlebattle (13156 posts) - - Show Bio

some other animated looks he has sported

#18 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9244 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree, out of all the cartoons Nightwing has been in. He looks the best in the Young Justice cartoon

#19 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks badass in all of them.

#20 Posted by X9 (767 posts) - - Show Bio

#21 Edited by SlamAdams (301 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

Yea I like this one better. I hate the bird emblem.

#22 Posted by RedHoodJT (528 posts) - - Show Bio

I like all of his looks in all the animated shows he's been in except this god awful disgrace.

#23 Posted by RedHoodJT (528 posts) - - Show Bio

And The Batman show wasn't too bad. I wasn't too fond of the way the Joker looked but I was entertained by it. I own all seasons of The Batman as well as Batman the Animated Series. And I also own all the seasons of Batman Beyond. I love all of them for different reasons. I thought the Teen Titans show was a joke and was glad that they finally made that go away.

#24 Posted by BlackArmor (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

I like his "The Batman"(2004) look best

#25 Edited by Underachiever007 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoggSaron said:

@WZA said:

@Underachiever007 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

That show was terribly written. There was very little that was actually redeeming about it. Dismissing popular negative opinion towards it as "BTAS fans bitching" is narrow-minded.

#26 Posted by Vance Astro (91352 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought ever version of Nightwing in cartoons looked pretty good.The art styles were just different.Young Justice is alot more detailed and whomever the lead artist is, is very good at costume design.

#27 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@GTG12 said:

Yeah he looks tight in YJ

Why does this sounds so wrong?

#28 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlamAdams said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Yea I like this one better. I hate the bird emblem.

Actually I like this costume better, but I prefer Young Justice's version as a whole.

#29 Posted by Deranged Midget (17822 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: I'm not questioning your reasoning but I'm curious to what you mean by as a "whole"?

#30 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Well they've had lots of alterations of Nightwing's suit over the years, they weren't just going to copy and paste the look from the New Adventures of Batman where he had the mullet.

#31 Edited by Onemoreposter (4086 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

his costume looks like something from MGS

Bum bum, bum bum bum, bum bum bum

Nightwing?!

NIGHTWING?!

NIGHTTTWIIINNNGGG!!!!!

#32 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: As in I prefer the face and hair, the art style and the whole outfit of Nightwing cos it looks less spandex-ish,

But I dont like the bird emblem and prefer the pattern on under the hood.

#33 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

#34 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9 said:

Yes, he does. He could be wearing a pink tutu and he's still be fecking badass.

#35 Posted by Lt_Smash (44 posts) - - Show Bio

I do have the preference for the YJ look though I think it would have been nice if they had done a shout out to the comics and given him the red and black design instead. but that is just my opinion.

#36 Posted by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

@Underachiever007 said:

@YoggSaron said:

@WZA said:

@Underachiever007 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

That show was terribly written. There was very little that was actually redeeming about it. Dismissing popular negative opinion towards it as "BTAS fans bitching" is narrow-minded.

Except it's not all popular negative opinion. The show received plenty of praise and it was adequate for what it was, a lighter take on Batman. And I dismiss nothing. I did not say it is perfect and that it is not without a multitude of flaws that should be critiqued, I was merely referring to the majority of complaints about the show that I see (though not from any credible source, mind you, just various online posters) are about how superior the 90's animated show was. It is a pattern that has repeated itself with Brave and Bold and even the upcoming Beware the Batman, even though no one has even seen the show yet.

#37 Posted by Underachiever007 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoggSaron said:

@Underachiever007 said:

@YoggSaron said:

@WZA said:

@Underachiever007 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Except it's not all popular negative opinion. The show received plenty of praise and it was adequate for what it was, a lighter take on Batman. And I dismiss nothing. I did not say it is perfect and that it is not without a multitude of flaws that should be critiqued, I was merely referring to the majority of complaints about the show that I see (though not from any credible source, mind you, just various online posters) are about how superior the 90's animated show was. It is a pattern that has repeated itself with Brave and Bold and even the upcoming Beware the Batman, even though no one has even seen the show yet.

I never implied that all opinion towards the show is negative. There is a large popular consensus that the show was terrible, though. And most of it is justified. There is always going to be that small subset of fans willing to critique a show for failing to meet some impossible benchmark set before it. I don't think that subset is substantial enough to be described as "the problem" with the show. I'll agree with you on some of the fan reaction to Brave and Bold, though. It can pretty accurately be described as "missing the point".

#38 Posted by X9 (767 posts) - - Show Bio

: Haha, no way!

#39 Posted by X9 (767 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, and about The Batman show, I had fun with it. It was nice. The story had a a few things that weren't so good/ according to the comics, but, well, animated series are all about adaptation. So...it was worth watching to me :)

#40 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9 said:

: Haha, no way!

Yezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#41 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

I thought ever version of Nightwing in cartoons looked pretty good.The art styles were just different.Young Justice is alot more detailed and whomever the lead artist is, is very good at costume design.

Agreed.

@ReVamp said:

@X9 said:

Ehehehe

#42 Posted by War Killer (20374 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
some other animated looks he has sported

I like his Young Justice look, but I like the symbol/emblem he wears on his Batman: TAS look more.
#43 Posted by Ascender (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey guys if you are a fan of scifi, fantasy,superheros then please check out me and my partners brand new comic book company called Ascendant Comics from Houston,Texas.He have a diverse range of genres also to fit anyones needs.Please check us out at www.ascendantcomics.com and friend us also on our facebook page www.facebook.com/TheAscendants.

#44 Posted by ravisher (694 posts) - - Show Bio

lets post them all

#45 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4431 posts) - - Show Bio

1. YJ Nightwing

2. AC Nightwing

i'l just stop with those as I dont really care for the other costumes or particuarly I despise mullets

#46 Posted by frostphoenix (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed. The one from young justice looks way better than all the other ones.

They actually made a good job with this design.

#47 Posted by DC_LegacyMan (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed, YJ definitely tops all other designs. More modern/edgy (imo)

They did a good job

#48 Posted by SmoothJammin (2342 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone else think Dick's YJ counterpart needs to trim his excess neck hairs off? Lookin like Joe Dirt with Just For Men on. Keep it simple like season one.. or grow out some bangs instead ala Jim Lee NW. How you going to be listening to a mission briefing from a dude and he's growing a damn cat on the back of his neck? Man cut that thing off before it gets any worse

#49 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

For me in animated series:

1. Young Justice
  2. Under The Red Hood
  3. The Batman (hell I love this series designs,even the Joker XD)

The rest doesn't look as badass as he is

@RedHoodJT said:

I like all of his looks in all the animated shows he's been in except this god awful disgrace.

For some reason remembers me Red Arrow (Clone after 5 years gap) on Young Justice, kinda hobo and depressed :P

@ReVamp said:

@X9 said:

LOL but short of truth, after all Nightwing is Nightwing he looks nice with everything

#50 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7736 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoggSaron said:

@WZA said:

@Underachiever007 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

BTAS & Beyond is good but The Batman wasn't bad

The costume in YJ is good. Matches the one in the comics

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.