Follow

Young Justice

Team » Young Justice appears in 268 issues.

Young Justice started as another legacy team consisting of a generation of sidekicks younger than the original Teen Titans lineup. Like the Teen Titans, they would eventually increase membership beyond sidekicks and make a name for themselves beyond their mentors.

Favorite episodes from Season 2...

srk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By srk12

So, 19 down with 1 to go. Despite the fact that I have generally found season 2 quite disappointing in comparison to season 1, I feel quite sad that the show is coming to a premature end. I felt that perhaps season 2 suffered a bit due to the fact that the original plan for Invasion was as a mini-series which was eventually stretched out to 20 episodes. That would explain some of the extremely slow plot movement in season. However, while I have not liked several episodes of season 2, some of them were among the best on the show. These are my five favorite episodes on the show and there is a very visible common point about them...

1) Depths: Set up the most interesting plot point of the entire season with regards to Kaldur and Artemis' undercover op. I remember how all of us on this board were completely convinced that Artemis had actually been killed off. The plot twist at the end was beautifully executed. Great episode.

2) Bloodlines: I admit, I am a sucker for anything Flash related. It was great to see Wally back in action for the first time this season. But the real highlight of this episode was the introduction of Impulse who was one of the few new characters this season who actually had any kind of development.

3) Summit: Maybe because its really fresh in my mind but I loved this episode. Kaldur was badass as he completely outwitted both the Reach and the Light simultaneously. It was great to actually see Nightwing in action. As always, it was terrific to see Wally back again and it was clear he hasn't lost his touch. It was particularly great because the team actually accomplished something in this episode.

4) Complications: This was a good action oriented episode. I liked the Nguyen-Crock family relationship dynamics. The bond between the two sisters was particularly nice. We also get to see Deathstroke and Sportsmaster kick some ass.

5) Before the Dawn: This was the episode where we first find out who the alien invaders are. Black Beetle was introduced as a complete beast. He took out the entire team alone. Also, first good character development for Miss Martian this season. Basically the turning point of this season in terms of plot.

Honorable mentions: Darkest, The Fix, and Alienated. Hopefully the series finale will find its way on this list.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#2  Edited By TheCannon

In random order:

• Bloodlines - Loved Impulse.
    • Depths - Nice to see Artemis again.
    • Satisfaction - No clue why, but I loved it.
    • Summit - Just excellent.
    serpent222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By serpent222

My top three at this point are :

• Summit - Everything about it was just handled perfectly, and the action carried all the way through.
    • Satisfaction - Arsenal took a huge jump in badass, and was one of the most exciting episodes.
    • Complications - The Sportsmaster/Mana battle was fantastic, and I'm a sucker for Bat-family detective work.
    Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AllStarSuperman  Online

@TheCannon said:

In random order:

• Bloodlines - Loved Impulse. And barry. But especially Jay Garrick.
    • Depths - Nice to see Artemis again. A great shocking episode.
    • Satisfaction - No clue why, but I loved it. Same. Arsenal is awesome. But now that he's back they just ignore red arrow.
    • Summit - Just excellent. We finally see night wing do something.

Complications was cool with all the awesome fight scenes.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By papad1992

My top two favorites are.... Season 1 and Season 2!! :P

Mojo65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mojo65

@AllStarSuperman said:

@TheCannon said:

In random order:

• Satisfaction - No clue why, but I loved it. Same. Arsenal is awesome. But now that he's back they just ignore red arrow.

all this is very true.

Though most of the time if an episode has Artemis or Miss Martian in a prominent rule its usually likely to be one of my favorites, love those two and their character arcs.

And though S2 did have some pacing problems at times generally I thought it was still paced better than the first season which could take forever to give pay off for certain things.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AllStarSuperman  Online

@Mojo65 said:

@AllStarSuperman said:

@TheCannon said:

In random order:

all this is very true.

Though most of the time if an episode has Artemis or Miss Martian in a prominent rule its usually likely to be one of my favorites, love those two and their character arcs.

And though S2 did have some pacing problems at times generally I thought it was still paced better than the first season which could take forever to give pay off for certain things.

Weird, in the order I like the original characters:

Dick Grayson

Wally

Superboy

Artemis

Miss Martian

Then KaIdur I don't see why people like him that much.

Mojo65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mojo65

@AllStarSuperman: I Just cannot care for this show's Wally, he's uninteresting and never got development. I do not understand his popularity in the slightest outside of being Wally West.

I would like Superboy more if he hadn't basically become a satellite character to M'gann in S2.

Dick is ok but he just does not have as much going on as my top 3.

Anyway I feel that Artemis and M'Gann are the most fleshed out characters on the team, M'Gann has all of her psychological and moral issues which are interesting and Artemis has her family drama which is also great.

As for Kaldur, his relationship with his father was great, I like his sacrificial nature and the dude is just an all around badass upstanding guy.

srk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By srk12

People like Wally because he has personality. I think that's even more important than character development. For all her character development, I still can't stand M'Gann most of her time since she has such a drab personality. The fact that she chose to feel sorry for herself instead of immediately owning up to her mistakes after 'Before the Dawn' made me like her even less. Wally's presence always means that there will be a few good one liners which give the show some much needed levity.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AllStarSuperman  Online

@srk12 said:

People like Wally because he has personality. I think that's even more important than character development. For all her character development, I still can't stand M'Gann most of her time since she has such a drab personality. The fact that she chose to feel sorry for herself instead of immediately owning up to her mistakes after 'Before the Dawn' made me like her even less. Wally's presence always means that there will be a few good one liners which give the show some much needed levity.

exactly what he said, m,gann is too much a daisy downer for me to like

Mojo65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mojo65

@srk12: I thought M'Ganns reaction was fairly realistic, I never thought she'd be able to just immediately get over herself nor did I want her to. It was a very traumatic moment that made her question many things about herself.

And I certainly don't see how M'Ganns personality is dull at all, she's a downer sometimes yeah but there is lots going on there and she's certainly shown a wider range of emotion and what have you than most of the cast.

Nor do I really consider the occasional comic relief to be a show of much personality, or the occasional skeevy moment. To me personality and development go hand in hand really.

also Artemis's sassy moments are funnier than pretty much anything Wally does anyway.

srk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By srk12

That's a matter of opinion I guess. I think Wally is hilarious. I got a laugh out of his "Hey there Vandy! Did you miss me!" comment. I guess I just disagree with what you think of the characters. While M'Gann's situation is interesting, her character development did not involve me in the least because her personality is so drab. In season 1 she was the perky cheerleader of the group and only towards the end did she become slightly interesting. This season, at what should have been the turning point for the character, she instead started a pity party for herself. Whether realistic or not, it did not endear her to me in the least. This in contrast to Artemis who has a personality. Even when she was in a hopeless situation, she kept her wits about her and she managed save both Kaldur and M'Gann. I also can't agree with you assessment of personality. I don't think it has necessarily anything to do with character development. Wally has always had the quick witted personality since the start of the show and I think he's hilarious. It's one of the things that I've missed most this season. Season 1 had Dick and Wally both providing moments of levity but season 2 has had Wally mostly absent, and Dick has turned into a serious character. Wally just makes the scenes he's in a lot more enjoyable to watch.

srk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By srk12

So , do you still think Wally did nothing of importance this season!!!!

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#14  Edited By TheCannon

Add Endgame to my favorites. It was epic.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#15  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

Lats weeks SUMMIT was my favorite. The voice acting, writing, animation everything was top notch!!!!!!

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#16  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

@papad1992 said:

My top two favorites are.... Season 1 and Season 2!! :P

:)

OceanicSS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By OceanicSS

Satisfaction. Easily

mobilesleepy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mobilesleepy

So much good...

Bloodlines- Loved the family dynamics, Watching the Speedsters take on Neutron was awesome.

Satisfaction- Well paced story with some good showcasing of Green Arrow's guilt over giving up on Speedy. Great action scenes!

Forgot the name- the last chapter of the Kroloteans on Earth storyline, being shocked by seeing Kaldur as a traitor. Totally bought into it and

Depths- was thrown by a total loop seeing Kaldur kills Artemis. The last scene revealing the Cloak and Daggers taking place was very satisfying.

Before The Dawn- Having Miss Martian turn Kaldur's brain into pudding was another turn of events that was not anticipated. The fight Between Blue and Black Beetle was amazing. Loved the tone of desperation running throughout the episode. Black Beetle is new favorite bad-ass.

The episode with the Luthor's proteges and Arsenal rescuing the Team was sooo gud.

Summit- Of course.

Still haven't seen Endgame, feeling sad that it's the last. Such a great show. Canceled so we can see the Nth iteration of the Dark Nite and the cutesy pop crap of Tween Titans Go bleh!

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tomchu

Summit - Because Sh!t hits the fans at that point. PLUS NIGHTWING ACTUALLY FIGHTS (which Ive been waiting for since the first episode of Season 2)

Before the Dawn - My friend and I literally spent the whole break saying "She ruined everything" with reference to Martian Girl until the show was picked up again after the break.

But above all:

Satisfaction - Pure action, Pumping Adrenaline throughout the entire episode. Also, HE GETS A ROBOT ARM.

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Imagine_Man15

Bloodlines and Satisfaction.

Mojo65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mojo65

@srk12: Obviously not, that was a big moment. Honestly he about was the last person I was expecting to die. Though I am pretty sure that wasn't really a "death" so much as setup for crazy Flash stuff in a season that will not happen. I guess I have a bit more apprication for this incarnation of Wally now but still it does not remove the lack of development he has had.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.