Follow

Young Justice

Team » Young Justice appears in 269 issues.

Young Justice started as another legacy team consisting of a generation of sidekicks younger than the original Teen Titans lineup. Like the Teen Titans, they would eventually increase membership beyond sidekicks and make a name for themselves beyond their mentors.

Episode 38 "True Colors" New Information

• 93 results
    TheMatch328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheMatch328

This episode was full of new information involving characters and what is going on in the story. Heres a list of new information.

• The Reach is working with Lex Luthor to create some kind of drink for the Reaches plan to take over Earth
    • Their is a Green Beetle from Mars who can control his Scarab who can help Jaime get the Scarab (seems very sketchy)
    • Arsenal is introduced and causes some problems on the Team, Robin was not as pissed as he should have been
    • Superboy was introduced to the Kents some time during the time skip and they get along really well
    • Aqualad is now confirmed to be in a vegetative state and Simon will be going into his brain to get his memories back together (again seems sketchy)
    • Sports Master and Cheshire want Aqualad and his father Black Manta killed for killing Artemis
    • and my favorite of all Deathstroke was introduced
    • IF THERES IS ANYTHING I MISSED PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD

Now these are my thoughts on what happened during this episode and what I predict will happen in future episodes. The Green Beetle is probably working for the Reach and is trying to destroy Mars too. The only reason i get a sketchy vibe from him is that he is an original character we have not seen any original character in this entire series. With Simon going into Aqualads mind we are all worried the Light find out about Aqualads true feelings but they probably already know and are just gonna mess with his mind to make him a real bad guy but Aqualad will probably be fighting against Simon either discovering his deception or controlling his mind and thats when Sports Master and Cheshire will go after Aqualad. This is one of my favorite shows and its so well written that I love dissecting everything that happens in it.

confirukia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By confirukia

So much new characters,i think i have lost the sense of who's who

TheMatch328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheMatch328

@confirukia: like who?

Nightwing28710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Nightwing28710

Deathstroke had long hair. Is this Deathstroke Rose Wilson?

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#5  Edited By Black_Claw

Too bad Deathstroke didn't get a single line.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By colonyofcells

I enjoyed seeing Ray Palmer in action. For the Kents in Smallville who are alive, this cartoon seems to be following the John Byrne mythology. I am also curious what the cartoon Mars looks like bec. there seems to be more martians in the cartoons like in pre-coie.

TheMatch328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheMatch328

@Nightwing28710: know what I was thinking that but I thought Deathstroke was to muscular I have to watch the episode again

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Nightwing28710 said:

Nope. Deathstroke did actually have a pony tail without his mask on in the comics, the shows designers were looking to make him stand out a little more perhaps.

I can see The Lights end game being to betray The Reach...and also Apokolips figures into it.

I am not buying that the Green Beetle is really a plant by The Reach, although we don't know too much about him yet other than his name and that he is a martian
    colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By colonyofcells

Darkseid has been working behind the scenes since season 1 sharing technology with the Light. Season 2 shows Glorious Godfrey in almost every episode so we know Darkseid is not far behind. If there is a season 3, probably Darkseid will finally be the main villain. I would assume the Light is working with Darkseid and the Reach is also working with Darkseid.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cattlebattle
    @colonyofcells said:

Darkseid has been working behind the scenes since season 1 sharing technology with the Light. Season 2 shows Glorious Godfrey in almost every episode so we know Darkseid is not far behind. If there is a season 3, probably Darkseid will finally be the main villain. I would assume the Light is working with Darkseid and the Reach is also working with Darkseid.

I assume not. The Light refers to The Reach as their "new" partner...assuming that Apokolips was their old partner. In the episode "Salvage" Black Beetle referred to Intergang, Darkseids earthly forces, as the enemy. I am also thinking that the end of this season will be something Darkseid, ya know, like a a cameo of him saying something menacing as the cliffhanger or some shit.
    SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By SupBatz

Anyone else getting sick of this typical Young Justice plot progression…?

. The team covertly attempts to get new information on the bad guys

. They think that they get some sort of edge (i.e. getting a sample of the Reach’s food additives)

. Their cover is blown and a big fight ensues

. The team barely makes it out of the fight alive but they still feel confident that they’ve gained some sort of edge

. But at the last second, we (the viewers) discover that this whole episode was part of the big villains’ master plan and that they played the team for suckers (i.e. Lex and the Reach planning for the team to take the food additive)

The episode was decent. I give it a 2.5/5. All of the scenes which involved Black Manta, Sportsmaster, Cheshire, and/or Aqualad were interesting. But the main plot was a flop in my eyes (though this “Green Beetle” seems like an interesting addition).

I wish the show would stop focusing so much on big conspiracy and turning the public against the league (I’m sick of seeing Godfrey more often than main characters on the show – we get it, he’s painting the league as having a hidden agenda and needing to be controlled. They don’t need to give us his same speech for three minutes every single episode).

BecauseISaidSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BecauseISaidSo

@cattlebattle: When you say Apokolips, do you mean Apocalypse from Marvel or Darkseid's planet Apokolips?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#13  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

the plot to this episode is the same as DmC

BecauseISaidSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BecauseISaidSo

Is it me or is Ray Palmer and Karen Beecher getting kinda close? I feel like that's one of the reasons why she's drifting away from Mal. Also when is Mal going to be Vox?!

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cattlebattle
    @SupBatz said:

Anyone else getting sick of this typical Young Justice plot progression…?

. The team covertly attempts to get new information on the bad guys

. They think that they get some sort of edge (i.e. getting a sample of the Reach’s food additives)

. Their cover is blown and a big fight ensues

. The team barely makes it out of the fight alive but they still feel confident that they’ve gained some sort of edge

. But at the last second, we (the viewers) discover that this whole episode was part of the big villains’ master plan and that they played the team for suckers (i.e. Lex and the Reach planning for the team to take the food additive)

The episode was decent. I give it a 2.5/5. All of the scenes which involved Black Manta, Sportsmaster, Cheshire, and/or Aqualad were interesting. But the main plot was a flop in my eyes (though this “Green Beetle” seems like an interesting addition).

I wish the show would stop focusing so much on big conspiracy and turning the public against the league (I’m sick of seeing Godfrey more often than main characters on the show – we get it, he’s painting the league as having a hidden agenda and needing to be controlled. They don’t need to give us his same speech for three minutes every single episode).

The Light admitted the Team did their job though, thats why they were planning to recruit their own team. This would be the first time The Light more or less admitted they have been dealt a blow.

@BecauseISaidSo said:

@cattlebattle: When you say Apokolips, do you mean Apocalypse from Marvel or Darkseid's planet Apokolips?

Why would Apocalypse from Marvel be on this show??
    BecauseISaidSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BecauseISaidSo

@cattlebattle: I don't know. You said Apokolips in your first post.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cattlebattle
    @BecauseISaidSo said:

@cattlebattle: I don't know. You said Apokolips in your first post.

Apokolips....as in the planet Darkseid rules over
    BecauseISaidSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BecauseISaidSo

@cattlebattle said:

@Nightwing28710 said:

Nope. Deathstroke did actually have a pony tail without his mask on in the comics, the shows designers were looking to make him stand out a little more perhaps. I can see The Lights end game being to betray The Reach...and also Apokolips figures into it. I am not buying that the Green Beetle is really a plant by The Reach, although we don't know too much about him yet other than his name and that he is a martian

You said: "I can see The Lights end game being to betray The Reach...and also Apokolips figures into it."

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Urban_Ronin

Sportsmaster is a bad bad man in Young Justice. I cant wait for a showdown between Stroke and SM

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Luthor is forming his own team also and Manta wants revenge on Miss Martian

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cattlebattle
    @BecauseISaidSo said:

You said: "I can see The Lights end game being to betray The Reach...and also Apokolips figures into it."

Yeah, Apokolips, as in the planet, as in the forces of Darksied.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By danhimself

@cattlebattle said:

@BecauseISaidSo said:

Yeah, Apokolips, as in the planet, as in the forces of Darksied.

I have to believe you're getting trolled...it's the only way I can make sense of this

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cattlebattle
    @danhimself said:

\Yeah, Apokolips, as in the planet, as in the forces of Darksied.

I have to believe you're getting trolled...it's the only way I can make sense of this

You have to figure this is a popular cartoon were talking about, viewed by people who know little to nothing about comics. Seriously, I have been on forums discussing this show where people ask "when you think Iron Man will show up" and also think Slade from Teen Titans is a completely different character from Deathstroke....so, naturally,  I can never tell.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By danhimself

@cattlebattle said:

@danhimself said:

You have to figure this is a popular cartoon were talking about, viewed by people who know little to nothing about comics. Seriously, I have been on forums discussing this show where people ask "when you think Iron Man will show up" and also think Slade from Teen Titans is a completely different character from Deathstroke....so, naturally, I can never tell.

this is what got me

When you say Apokolips, do you mean Apocalypse from Marvel or Darkseid's planet Apokolips?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cattlebattle
    @danhimself said:

this is what got me

When you say Apokolips, do you mean Apocalypse from Marvel or Darkseid's planet Apokolips?

LOL, yeah, I can never tell.
    TheMatch328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheMatch328

@cattlebattle: @danhimself: I think this person genuinely does not know

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@cattlebattle said:

@danhimself said:

You have to figure this is a popular cartoon were talking about, viewed by people who know little to nothing about comics. Seriously, I have been on forums discussing this show where people ask "when you think Iron Man will show up" and also think Slade from Teen Titans is a completely different character from Deathstroke....so, naturally, I can never tell.

Honest truth

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JakeN7

This was my favorite episode so far! I loved having Tim in the spotlight more and his character on the show seems to really be developing. The dynamic between him and Dick was spot-on as well. Alpha team was awesome and consisted of all my favorite characters on the show and had one of my favorite comic book characters as the leader. I really like this Green Beetle guy. He's very intriguing and I hope he sticks around. Can't wait to see the team that Lex picks to combat Young Justice.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By Yung ANcient One

*Spoilers*

You have been warned watch the episode then READ.

I know people think Green Beetle is a double agent, and it is sketchy that he shows up right on time to save the day. Plus promises to "help" Blue, but What if he is sincere? What if there is a double agent, but not Green Beetle? What if its Arsenal?

I mean he did cost the stealth mission. If he really wanted to piss of Luther, why didn't he succeed his stealth mission in hopes to defeat The Light, and then get his revenge? Luther says they should make a Team... a Hive 5 perhaps? Black Bettle, Arsenal, and 3 more?

I think Psimon will discover the truth, and they will use it to their advantage. I'm not set on Kaldur becoming truly evil, or kept on a vegetable state. Psimon will tell the The Light, and Artemist will be killed{so many ways this can happen}, Wally will be pissed, and will blame Nightwing{or so I belive.}

I wanted to list a team of young villains The Light might recruit until I thought don't they have enough teams/villains already?

(+)

TheMatch328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheMatch328

@Yung ANcient One: I do not think they will be doing the double agent thing with Roy again plus what he did was in his character so I do not think he's working for them. But I do not see them killing off Artemist it do but why dont you wee Kaldur becoming truly evil that or him escaping before Psimon can find the truth seem like the only logical out comes

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Yung ANcient One

@TheMatch328:

I. Good point. I can argue that Red wasn't aware he was a traitor, and that Arse was frozen for a while so who knows what they did to him. Plus that arm was given to him by Lex, but still you have a solid point. Roy being a traitor AGAIN{even if last time it was his clone} is repetitive.

II. I can see Kaldur turned evil, but I'm just not set on it. I do see them deciding to keep him in a vegetable state as well. I can see him stop Psimon from learning everything, but it sounds difficult. It will also raise a lot of suspicion on Kaldur. I mean now thinking about it, it can happen, but boy is this show filled with deception, lies, and no trust.

III. Why don't you see Artemist be killed off?

IV. Who do you think The Young Injustice should be?

(+)

BecauseISaidSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BecauseISaidSo

@cattlebattle: I know Darkseid rules Apokolips and that his son is Kalibak. When I was reading it I got confused when you said Apokolips until I realized you meant the whole planet Apokolips. See how I got confused was when you said Apokolips I thought you were referring to Darkseid because I have people say to me that Apokolips rules over Darkseid (I really kid you not). It was all a big misunderstanding thats all.

BecauseISaidSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BecauseISaidSo

@TheMatch328: No, I do know. I have seen all of the episodes of Young Justice, I just confused myself that's all.

TheMatch328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheMatch328

@BecauseISaidSo: but you obviously don't know that any Marvel and DC would never coexist and if there was it would not happen with an XMen villain showing up on Young Justice

TheMatch328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheMatch328

@Yung ANcient One: Well I know three of them are Static Shock, Apache Chief, and El dorado

Rose Wilson I am hoping since Deathstroke Showed up

and is it possible for Match to show up again I forget what happened to him

BecauseISaidSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BecauseISaidSo

No I do know, I just threw in Marvel's Apocalypse as a joke. I didn't know it was going to take offense. I know that X-Men and Teen Titans did have a crossover in The Uncanny X-Men and The New Teen Titans in 1982, but they would never in Young Justice or any of their shows.

nmiller1939

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By nmiller1939

@Quintus_Knightfall: I'm looking forward more to the Nightwing/Deathstroke throwdown...which had BETTER happen. Dick's had almost no fighting this season...

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Yung ANcient One

@TheMatch328: Really? I thought they would be heroes, but then again they have a lot already.

When did match ever show up? Was it when Kon-El fought his crazy clone?

Plus this show hardly answers any questions. Like Arse, and Red. What happened between them? Where is RedA? When,Why did Arse join the team?

(+)

TheMatch328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TheMatch328

@Yung ANcient One: Yea that crazy clone was Match I think they said that and at the end of this episode it when Luther was talking about his own Team he showed the pictures of the kids who were found on the ship and Arse only showed up to fuck with Luther

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Urban_Ronin

@nmiller1939 said:

@Quintus_Knightfall: I'm looking forward more to the Nightwing/Deathstroke throwdown...which had BETTER happen. Dick's had almost no fighting this season...

Yeah I'm not a fan of that at all. I like the whole tactical operations vibe but they've turned him into old man Batman from Batman Beyond with that noise. Let the dude get out there and lay the smack down on some b!tches.

Mojo65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mojo65

The Idea of a Martian Beetle is just so insane, seriously just how powerful must that guy be, he's probably the most powerful hero on earth now.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By vernierhawk001

@Yung ANcient One said:

*Spoilers*

You have been warned watch the episode then READ.

I know people think Green Beetle is a double agent, and it is sketchy that he shows up right on time to save the day. Plus promises to "help" Blue, but What if he is sincere? What if there is a double agent, but not Green Beetle? What if its Arsenal?

I mean he did cost the stealth mission. If he really wanted to piss of Luther, why didn't he succeed his stealth mission in hopes to defeat The Light, and then get his revenge? Luther says they should make a Team... a Hive 5 perhaps? Black Bettle, Arsenal, and 3 more?

I think Psimon will discover the truth, and they will use it to their advantage. I'm not set on Kaldur becoming truly evil, or kept on a vegetable state. Psimon will tell the The Light, and Artemist will be killed{so many ways this can happen}, Wally will be pissed, and will blame Nightwing{or so I belive.}

I wanted to list a team of young villains The Light might recruit until I thought don't they have enough teams/villains already?

(+)

Don't think Artemis will get killed mainly because of the fallout that would occur and the limited time to address it. Wally would never forgive Dick and I think there has to be some sort of catharsis to the end of the series, right? There are only 8 episodes left in the season with no indication (from what I've heard) that season 3 is in the works. So this whole giant plot has to get cleared up in 8 episodes. Now, no doubt Artemis will be in a lot of danger and this will probably lead to Wally and Dick personally going in to extract her. I think Kaldur gets turned into a double agent.

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Yung ANcient One

@vernierhawk001: Maybe your right. I dislike it when they cancel a good show. It always ends with a new show coming out that's terrible.

Examples:

The Batman to Brave and the Bold. I never got to see The Batman versions of Two-Face or Ra's Al Ghul.

Spider-Man TAS to Spider-Man Unlimited

Spectacular Spider-man to Ultimate Spider-Man

Teen Titans to that show of the singers that sing the team song of Teen Titans

If Young Justice does end with Season 2 I hope the next "Justice League" cartoon is good.

(+)

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By colonyofcells

The next Justice League cartoon will probably just follow the live action movie line up. The Justice League in Young Justice has too many members already and had to be sent to far away Rimbor.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#45  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Quintus_Knightfall said:

@nmiller1939 said:

Yeah I'm not a fan of that at all. I like the whole tactical operations vibe but they've turned him into old man Batman from Batman Beyond with that noise. Let the dude get out there and lay the smack down on some b!tches.

They're too busy with fan service and misguided story lines to care about developing characters.This show will have lasted as long as Superman:the animated series,Batman Beyond and JL by the time it ends and it has given me none of the satisfaction as those.

jasontodd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jasontodd7

My quess is that Savage wants Aqualad memories. Remember the "old friend" face he gave sportsmaster? The same face was given to black manta before psimon arrived.

With Luthor last statement i must say that they figure it out the fact that aqualad is a double agent.

Is funny how, right after aqualad knew about the partner, the young team is there to rescue everyone.

I guess that was the plan all along, because they needed they're "team" to be freed from the reach and there was only one way to do so without causing them trouble.

Also, miss m mind rapping aqualad was just an unexpected bonus for them, as now they can find out everything aqualad knows about the league and the team ( if there is something they don't know already, lol).

Is funny how the reach and the light are double-crossing each other..

About the green beetle i think he is just too friendly -almost too good to be truth.

He seems to know about Black Beetle weaknesses, and BB wasn't looked too surprised by he's atack.

I don't say he's a double agent but is just too good to be truth.

Also, i don't think Arsenal is a double agent but surely he's trouble..

TheMatch328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TheMatch328

@jasontodd7: the only problem I have with your theory is Arsenal he. His character even in the comics has always been shady I think the vibe your getting is his lone wolf personality

Nightwing4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Nightwing4

Seems to me that there are two big plot points left unaddressed in the past 2 episodes. Miss Martian knowing AL's secret, and Artemis's cover operation. Those are plot points I'm interested in. Also, give Superboy some TTK already! He's redundant without it!

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BlackWind

Wow, Black Manta seems to genuinely care for Kaldur. If he wasn't a baby killing psycho I might, almost, maybe feel bad for him when heleans Kaldur is playing him.

Scandal is confirmed to exist. Oh yeah.

Interesting episode but honesty they've used this plot: Covert mission tries to sneak info from the Light and the Light ultimately says their actions were of no concequence.

Why in the hell did Arsenal go buzz cut?!

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Urban_Ronin

The show really doesnt need two characters playing the out for revenge father roles. Bushmaster's is cool cause of the dynamic of that relationship. I'd rather haven seen scenes in which Manta was looking down on Aqualad in disgust viewing him as a failure for having been so brutally defeated, but thats me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.