Episode 21 thoughts (spoilers obviously)

#1 Edited by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

I really get me extra-overwhelmed, I mean this changes completely how you see Miss Martian, at start she's just looks SO cheesy, now you see how DEEP she really is; this episode really make me believe she can't be the mole, but can become one, not probably but can. Also make me feel sorry about her.

Robin issues with leadership are bad, trauma stills there sirs. and it makes he really don't like leader things.

Now we know that Garfield will be Beast Boy thanks to: Miss Martian blood + little monkey bite = BOOOM coming soon a lil' Beast Boy (/ ^3^ \)

This also confirms something to me, little kids looks extremely cute on the series.

#2 Posted by Atari_Graphics (171 posts) - - Show Bio

That shit was dark.

#3 Posted by Deranged Midget (17989 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank god they finally showed her white martian form. Definitely some deep stuff in the episode.

#4 Posted by Afro_Warrior (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedOwl_1:

I'm pretty certain that Gar wasn't bitten by the monkey, it just bit nuzzled his shirt a bit.

I thought it was a good episode, enjoyed learning more about Miss Martian.

#5 Posted by papad1992 (6793 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved this episode... really delved into Miss Martian and gave us answers to everything she does and acts! I love the lies upon lies in this episode that the sweet girl of the team spills! But my episode got cut right at the point Queen Bee was sitting next to BB when Megan walked in.... what happened!! I was like in agony when it got cut short!! Any help??

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (36229 posts) - - Show Bio

If Megan's blood transfusion gives Beast Boy his powers why will he turn green when shes a white Martian? 

#7 Posted by The Stegman (26668 posts) - - Show Bio

This was without a doubt my favorite episode probably of the whole series so far, I used to hate MM and her stupid "Hello Megan!'' thing..now, I understand and adore her.

#8 Posted by ReVamp (22885 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

If Megan's blood transfusion gives Beast Boy his powers why will he turn green when shes a white Martian?

Because she configured herself on a cellular level to be a "O Negative" and she was a Green Martian at the time. That was what her cells were at the time.

#9 Posted by cattlebattle (13593 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992 said:

I loved this episode... really delved into Miss Martian and gave us answers to everything she does and acts! I love the lies upon lies in this episode that the sweet girl of the team spills! But my episode got cut right at the point Queen Bee was sitting next to BB when Megan walked in.... what happened!! I was like in agony when it got cut short!! Any help??

She tells Meagan that she knows she is a white martian and threatens to tell everyone unless she works for her/the Light...it ends with a scared looking Miss M
#10 Posted by papad1992 (6793 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@papad1992 said:

I loved this episode... really delved into Miss Martian and gave us answers to everything she does and acts! I love the lies upon lies in this episode that the sweet girl of the team spills! But my episode got cut right at the point Queen Bee was sitting next to BB when Megan walked in.... what happened!! I was like in agony when it got cut short!! Any help??

She tells Meagan that she knows she is a white martian and threatens to tell everyone unless she works for her/the Light...it ends with a scared looking Miss M

Dang... can't believe I missed that. Oh well I'll watch it again online!! So since Psimon is out of the pic (but that's what we thought last time) I guess Queen Bee/the Light needs some telepathy back-up... and black-mailing is the only way to go.

#11 Posted by MrMazz (1129 posts) - - Show Bio

So much of her character can we trust? She is essentially immitating a fictional character from a TV show while posing as a green martian.

The whole lying about her monsterous real form thing I dont see as that big a deal but its all the fake crap she used to come up with a personality that has me interested.

#12 Posted by Bestostero (5590 posts) - - Show Bio

the episode leads me to believe she will get less annoying in season 2

since she cuts her hair, maybe she finally gets some sense of identity and be less ...fake and derpy...if they can accept lagoon boy, why not white martian monster thing? lol
#13 Posted by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty good episode.

Queen Bee is hot!

#14 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah it was pretty good episode and so was colf-hearted cause of vandal savage and how wally reminds me of spider-man.

#15 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

M'gann is further cemented as my favorite on the show.

#16 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally a great back-story episode on M'gann. This just makes me believe M'gann is the traitor now more than ever. She'd go to extreme lengths to protect the fictional persona she has created for herself. She is already in too deep. That gar is going to be BB...Idk how i feel about that.

#17 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio
@soccersss said:

Finally a great back-story episode on M'gann. This just makes me believe M'gann is the traitor now more than ever. She'd go to extreme lengths to protect the fictional persona she has created for herself. She is already in too deep. That gar is going to be BB...Idk how i feel about that.

Well, she wasn't the traitor before this episode, but she is now forced to fill the role.  I'm expecting a future episode to go into this a little more.  Will the others believe that she wasn't the mole from the start?  Maybe.
 
As for Gar, I don't think we'll see anymore of him for a while.  I doubt he'll be joining the Team anytime soon.
#18 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrMiracle77 said:

@soccersss said:

Finally a great back-story episode on M'gann. This just makes me believe M'gann is the traitor now more than ever. She'd go to extreme lengths to protect the fictional persona she has created for herself. She is already in too deep. That gar is going to be BB...Idk how i feel about that.

Well, she wasn't the traitor before this episode, but she is now forced to fill the role. I'm expecting a future episode to go into this a little more. Will the others believe that she wasn't the mole from the start? Maybe. As for Gar, I don't think we'll see anymore of him for a while. I doubt he'll be joining the Team anytime soon.

Yeah there is likely to be an episode where the whole team finds out her origins and the extreme lengths she has gone through to prevent them from ever finding out. I wonder how the team will deal with that revelation especially Superboy. They would most likely be distrustful of her if they ever find out the truth. At least we find out that her 'hello Megan' was not completely random and maybe she would stop that now.

#19 Posted by mfundo (1623 posts) - - Show Bio

This episode was really deep. She has to show her friends what she really looks like she can't be a puppet for The Light. She should embrace what she truly is.

#20 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

As I look back on earlier episodes, some interesting patterns emerge in M'gann's transformations:
 
Before the events of Fail-Safe, M'gann had a relatively easy time maintaining her green form.  In fact, she even reverted to this form on being kissed by Superboy during Terrors.  Even when Kid Flash responded shockingly to seeing her with multiple arms, she still maintained her green form with relative ease.
 
After Fail-Safe, everything changed.  While we never see M'gann in her room alone before this point, she sits on her bed as 'Megan' in Image and has to change to green before speaking to Black Canary.  She also reverts to Megan while with Black Canary during her therapy session.  This makes me wonder if Dinah makes M'gann uncomfortable, or if M'gann is picking up on a subconscious physical attraction Superboy has for Black Canary.
 
Once again, in Image, M'gann reverts back to her green form when she kisses Superboy.  This makes me think that M'gann associates green with acceptance.  She can't trick anyone on Mars into believing that she's a Green Martian, J'onn explains that this is impossible while talking to Dinah.  But she can still do it on Earth.  She doesn't turn green out of her envy for Green Martians, but being green is synonymous with acceptance for her.
 
I can't help but wonder how complicit J'onn is in her ruse, though.  Surely he knows.  In the comics, M'gann explains that she won her trip to Earth as part of a contest, but Roy claims that she stowed away on J'onn's ship.  Did she stow away?  Is he allowing her to stay on Earth as a hero to help elevate the status of White Martians?  I guess this is just another case of "we'll see". 

#21 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrMiracle77: Also in the comic White Martians look different

#22 Posted by Atari_Graphics (171 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

This was without a doubt my favorite episode probably of the whole series so far, I used to hate MM and her stupid "Hello Megan!'' thing..now, I understand and adore her.

Totally agree, this was my favorite episode of the series so far.

#23 Posted by GrimEversor (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I find this episode perplexing, because martians are said to care very little about appearances. Obviously both J'onn and M'gann are exception because they both choose a more human form. We know why J'onn choose to take the form ( because a elderly scientist died of shock due to the sight of discovering J'onn in his true form. J'onn felt guilty). But M'gann's situation is more complicated for some reason.

We also know that martians were separated into different species by Guardians of the Universe. The Green Martians being peaceful in nature and the White Martians being war-hungry. Also when the martians were separated they took form that made their physiology to reflect their philosophy. So by this it is odd how M'gann is a peaceful white martian ( maybe the cause of her "lonely childhood"?). In conculsion i think M'gann is trying to adopt a physical form that reflects her philosophy more accurately. I am interested to see what happens between her and Connor.

I also found that Robin did a very poor job in leading the group in there mission. Also where was Artemis and Zatara?

#24 Posted by ComicStooge (14787 posts) - - Show Bio

Robin leads in a different way then Aqualad. If I were to compare them to Mass Effect's moral system, Aqualad would be Paragon and Robin would be Renegade.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.