Does batman knows about Nightwing's BlackOps

#1 Posted by imranehsankhan (5 posts) - - Show Bio

In "Alienated" in the end when Nightwing is discussing about the bomb then Batman says "I have the feeling that it may be up to you and your team to find out". Maybe he knows about Kaldur working with Nightwing and he's telling(hinting) him to find the partner.

#2 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

@imranehsankhan: I figured that he was just referring to Young Justice, as Nightwing is the team leader. Though he is Batman, so I'm sure that he will step in at the end and clear Kaldur by saying that he knew he was a double agent the whole time. Aquaman will be more willing to trust Batman than Nightwing

#3 Posted by Teerack (4555 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman knows everything.

#4 Posted by Ms. Omega (4207 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

Batman knows everything.

this

#5 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ms. Omega said:

@Teerack said:

Batman knows everything.

this

#6 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (5040 posts) - - Show Bio
@Teerack said:

Batman knows everything.

#7 Posted by cattlebattle (12309 posts) - - Show Bio
@Teerack said:

Batman knows everything.

Except the missing 16 hours apparently....unless he was just withholding it, which he could have been.

Batman: beat the crap out of an alien planet and acted like it never happened.....like a boss
#8 Posted by Teerack (4555 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: That planet had it coming.

The Dark Knight returns
#9 Posted by _Zombie_ (10226 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering it's Nightwing.. it wouldn't surprise me if Batman was monitoring Nightwing and has known the entire time.

#10 Posted by imranehsankhan (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot said:

Considering it's Nightwing.. it wouldn't surprise me if Batman was monitoring Nightwing and has known the entire time.

Thats my point. He might be hinting him to let other shit go through for now and find the partner.

#11 Posted by JohnnyGat (1561 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Batman knows but Nightwing doesn't know that Batman knows.

#12 Posted by The Stegman (20875 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ms. Omega  said: 

@Teerack said:

Batman knows everything.

this

This
#13 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10121 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne said:

@Ms. Omega said:

@Teerack said:

Batman knows everything.

this

#14 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

By his team, i think he means just the team since he is the leader of the team.

They said in Depths that only the four of them (Dick, Wally, Kaldur, and Artemis) knew about what was going on, but then again...

@Teerack said:

Batman knows everything.

#15 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7622 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

Batman knows everything.

#16 Posted by Hunter114 (829 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyGat said:

I think Nightwing would know that Batman knows... he's just offering some tactical advice...

#17 Posted by JohnnyGat (1561 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hunter114 said:

@JohnnyGat said:

I think Nightwing would know that Batman knows... he's just offering some tactical advice...

I doubt it, at the end of Depths he mentions how he only the four of them (AL, NW, KF, and Art) know about Kaldur working undercover and what reason would Nightwing even have by not telling these individuals in on the plan that Batman knows.

#18 Posted by Hunter114 (829 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyGat said:

@Hunter114 said:

@JohnnyGat said:

I doubt it, at the end of Depths he mentions how he only the four of them (AL, NW, KF, and Art) know about Kaldur working undercover and what reason would Nightwing even have by not telling these individuals in on the plan that Batman knows.

What he means is that only the four of them have been given confirmation and are in on it... Batman doesn't "know" but he deduced it, so he may not be certain, or in on the plan... but he still "knows"

Nightwing knows Batman... he's been his partner for a long time, so there's no reason he wouldn't be surprised to find out that Batman "knows" about it... even if it's not been confirmed

#19 Posted by X9 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman knows everything, but not in YJ...

#20 Posted by JohnnyGat (1561 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hunter114 said:

@JohnnyGat said:

@Hunter114 said:

@JohnnyGat said:

What he means is that only the four of them have been given confirmation and are in on it... Batman doesn't "know" but he deduced it, so he may not be certain, or in on the plan... but he still "knows"

Nightwing knows Batman... he's been his partner for a long time, so there's no reason he wouldn't be surprised to find out that Batman "knows" about it... even if it's not been confirmed

Your first line is my point exactly, Nightwing can possibly assume that Batman knows but he does not truly know if Batman knows. We can only assume that NW assumes. Batman is a better mind than NW and it's possible that NW could have done something that would make Batman "know" and not just "assume", that is within our assumptions though. I believe of the fact that despite his years of training with Bruce and with the current situation with the 16 hours and trial one can also assume that Nightwing assumes that Batman is too pre-occupied to know or deduce his covert group. I'm not saying your theory is out of the realm of possibility but knowing that Batman is smarter and more mature than Dick I would never take it out of the realm of possibility that Dick might think he's kept a secret even from Batman.

#21 Posted by vernierhawk001 (517 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, I've never even taken Batman's comment this way. Hmmm???? Btw, great to be reading YJ discussions again

#22 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7622 posts) - - Show Bio

If Dick knew the whole time who Artemis's family were, I think he could know Dick's secrets.

#23 Posted by richardjohngrayson (393 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt Dick would hide it. Dick would either tell Bruce or assume he knows. And rest assured Bruce knows.

#24 Posted by ckenn99 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

To reference Identity Crisis: "Batman is a detective. He knows what he wants to know." It went something like that, but basically if he was at all curious about some of these events and looked into them just a little bit, he may in fact know.

#25 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7622 posts) - - Show Bio

@richardjohngrayson said:

I doubt Dick would hide it. Dick would either tell Bruce or assume he knows. And rest assured Bruce knows.

#26 Posted by josai21 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm more curious about if Tim Drake knows. I mean they have not revealed much about him in the show, but in the comics he is a master detective nearly on par with batman. I read this fanfiction about Tim deducing the truth and thought it plausible: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8204602/1/Figured_Out

Thoughts?

#27 Posted by ckenn99 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@josai21 said:

I'm more curious about if Tim Drake knows. I mean they have not revealed much about him in the show, but in the comics he is a master detective nearly on par with batman. I read this fanfiction about Tim deducing the truth and thought it plausible: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8204602/1/Figured_Out

Thoughts?

I think its definately possible considering he was even able to deduce Batman and Robin's identities in the comics.

#28 Posted by PassionFlower (946 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hoping Batman doesn't know for once, I like Nightwing running his own agenda.

#29 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7622 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

Batman knows everything.

#30 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (4947 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot said:

ya since batman monitors everything except his own villains

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.