DC Nation Return Date Announced

• 106 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (36394 posts) - - Show Bio

It wasn't too long ago that Cartoon Network abruptly pulled Young Justice, Green Lantern and animated shorts from its Saturday morning schedule. Fans were shocked and only told the new episodes would be back in January. Well, we now have an exact date for you, so get ready to mark your calendars (if anyone still has one).

The official return date for DC Nation is January 5, 2013. Be sure to check out their website for a new episode of New Teen Titans, too.

Which show is your favorite?

Honestly, I'm thrilled. I'm behind on Young Justice (I know, I know... shame on me) but I think Green Lantern has really stepped its game up with the second season (plus, Ch'p!). Viners, how do you feel about DC Nation's return?

Staff
#1 Posted by tim_mik (118 posts) - - Show Bio

Really excited about Young Justice. I like the fast forwarded season.

#2 Posted by MrXakaRebel (12 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thrilled that it will be back but I'm worried whether the shows will actually continue past their current seasons...

#3 Posted by Blackmoonrose13 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

It took them long enough. All I am saying is cartoon network has gone down hill for a while and these are really their own saving grace. To abruptly remove these for no legitimate reason was a real hard blow to them. In my eyes that is. I am glad it is back. A lot of fans are glad it is back I bet. Young Justice is really nicely done give me a little bit of a Justice League feel to it. Make me as a fan of that show really happy about that.

I just hope that Cartoon Network doesn't do something stupid like this again. I don't think they will be able to build up after that.

I am surprised that DC hasn't told them to never show there shows again after a stunt like this.

or am I the only one that thinks that?

#4 Posted by CitizenJP (592 posts) - - Show Bio

Omg yes. I miss Young Justice.

#5 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome!

#6 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

What's Young Justice? I've already moved on :P

#7 Posted by ALFMutant (146 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern, the few new episodes were much more better than the first season.

#8 Posted by jacksonvillewriter (44 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally, Young Justice is better than Arrow... "in the fun way."

#9 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

About time. I've been going through Young Justice withdrawals.

#10 Edited by Raw_Material (3209 posts) - - Show Bio

So stoked. Green Lantern: TAS is such a sick cartoon series on DC Nation. I've woken up every Saturday mornings watching these shows and to see it not on one saturday and being cancelled was a heartbreaker. With the last episode being "Steam Lantern", Hal having to save a different world from mass destruction with help from Steam Lantern and his assistant/lover, I think it was such a bad cancellation with the season just getting interesting and Red Lantern, Razor having turned to the "good side" and linked up with Green Lantern, Kilowog, Hal, and Aya the Interceptor. Oh yeah! and the Interceptor makes a first appearance in one of the first episodes to being one of the main "characters" in throughout the season (until cancellation). Can't wait for these series to be back on!

#11 Posted by Freddy_F_Freeman (47 posts) - - Show Bio

finally!!! now i have something to look forward to on saturdays again

#12 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12506 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Falconer (150 posts) - - Show Bio

But the real question is, for how long?

#14 Posted by Kyjeremiah (22 posts) - - Show Bio

this is good news. but i thought there was a rumor floating around that young justice was being canceled after this season was over.

#15 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2313 posts) - - Show Bio

This is just made my day! Young justice has been gone for too long. I'm in need of animated shows lol

#16 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Justice is the best of the bunch.

#17 Posted by longbowhunter (6730 posts) - - Show Bio

Now the trick is keeping em on. Looking forward to Young Justice. Best DC animated show since Batman: TAS.

#18 Posted by SuperDoahBoy (134 posts) - - Show Bio

My Saturday mornings have been empty without Young Justice

#19 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

about time omg lol

#20 Posted by joshmightbe (24599 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay we'll get another 4 episodes before an 8 month hiatus. Maybe if we're really luck we'll get season 3 before 2016

#21 Posted by Outside_85 (8105 posts) - - Show Bio

Was it ever explained why it was suddenly pulled?

#22 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

cool

#23 Posted by Aeroman (495 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm happy about this I hope cartoon network doesn't do this bullshit again

#24 Posted by NightFang (9862 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally!

#25 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Just got rid of cable so this doesn't affect me, lol

#26 Posted by Target_X (379 posts) - - Show Bio

YES! Finally.

#27 Posted by TimeLordScience (757 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Justice <3

#28 Posted by namtabmi (99 posts) - - Show Bio

@tim_mik said:

Really excited about Young Justice. I like the fast forwarded season.

me too. loving the subterfuge behind the season =]

#29 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2232 posts) - - Show Bio

YAY! Young Justice returns, as does Green Lantern. yes

#30 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

YES! So excited! Did we ever get an explanation for the abrupt hiatus?

#31 Posted by fables87 (938 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to be honest, I didn't like Young Justice at first, but now I like it better with the additional characters in the show like Zatanna.

#32 Posted by Kervan21 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Good to finally hear about this! I love Young Justice and want to see where the new season is going.

I hope this means that we'll see a complete season without any hiatus or interruption before summer. They've definitely had enough time to get enough episodes finished, and my biggest grievance with the show is that the seasons are pretty short and it goes on break A LOT, so I hope we get the rest of the season from start to finish.

#33 Posted by Cole_Mercer (214 posts) - - Show Bio

I love YJ but the GL show is horrible

#34 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19908 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Justice is my favorite by far.

Love the Original Shorts though.

#35 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg said:

Young Justice is the best of the bunch.

right on ! 
#36 Posted by Munsu (163 posts) - - Show Bio

Really glad YJ is coming back. It's been ridiculous how they have treated that show with its scheduling. I doubt there is going to be a 3rd season, so I am just going to enjoy these last handful of episodes until the series ends.

#37 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6005 posts) - - Show Bio

bout time!

#38 Posted by Black_Claw (2886 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it's good it will be back early in November. My Saturday mornings have been boring beyond belief.

#39 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

The day before my birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#40 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

Very excited for Young Justice to return!

#41 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern didn't tickle my fancy in the beginning for two reasons; the animation and action didn't look all that, and I felt as if it just spun off the movie (which SUCKED). It eventually grew on me, so I'm pretty glad to see it come back :)

As for Young Justice, ever since I saw Deathstroke and Jason Todd, my interests went even higher than they were before. I'm frickin' excited to know its coming back... and with more characters. I hope to see Red Hood and a little too much to ask for.... maybe even Azrael :D

#42 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3659 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

Yay we'll get another 4 episodes before an 8 month hiatus. Maybe if we're really luck we'll get season 3 before 2016

I know right?

#43 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Justice!!!!!!! Whoooooooooo!

#44 Posted by joshmightbe (24599 posts) - - Show Bio

@StMichalofWilson: And also we get crappy cgi Batman with nothing but C and D list villains that TAS wouldn't wipe their a$$ with.

#45 Posted by Blackmoonrose13 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85:

They never did for some reason this is what ticked off the fans the most they never gave a reason

#46 Posted by AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge (1221 posts) - - Show Bio

FINALLY!

#47 Posted by kriminal (642 posts) - - Show Bio

so is the 2nd season starting or resuming for green lantern?

#48 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

JANUARY 5th?!? I had already marked my calendar for the 12th. Oh Cartoon Network, you know just how to make me happy (after making me extremely angry 2 months ago).

#49 Posted by frankcmu (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Very exciting... love seeing the sidekicks get some spotlight... :D

#50 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

@Freddy_F_Freeman said:

finally!!! now i have something to look forward to on saturdays again

No love for Ninja Turtles?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.