Could there be a new team? (possible spoilers)

#1 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

http://teenagenomadt.tumblr.com/post/21513403257/new-young-justice-preview-featuring-new-team

Best trailer so far for Invasion imo, Batgirl and Beast Boy...who's not green...? The world doesn't trust the Justice League...WHAT!?

Just my personal theory...but...

We haven't seen Aqualad, Zatanna, Rocket, Kid Flash and Artemis in any new trailer...and I read that Young Justice Invasion occurs one year after the finale of season 1 (which is when Young Justice Legacy takes place) so maybe that means there is a new team (Robin, Blue Beetle, Lagoon Boy, Superboy, Wonder Girl, and Miss Martian)?

During the one year gap in which Young Justice Legacy takes place, there is suppose to be a death, so could the death of a team member sparked the change of the team?

#2 Edited by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, it appears that it is a new team. Though I don't like the idea of the change being motivated by someone's death. Why kill someone off who you have been developing for a year? It just hinders your ability to tell more stories. I'm fairly confident that the person who is killed, if there is one, won't be Kid Flash at least, because Greg Weisman stated that there will be an episode to address the fact that Kid Flash is so much weaker than his mentor, and we haven't seen that yet.

Other things that are interesting:

1. Wonder Girl is joining the team, likely establishing some kind of love triangle between her, Superboy and Miss Martian.
  2. Glorious Godfrey appears. If he is an agent of Apokolips like he is in the comics, no doubt we will be getting more from the New Gods next season. Perhaps they are the invaders or Darkseid is the one pulling the strings behind the invasion.
  3. They appear to be going the always standard "should we trust the popular superhero team" route. I swear this plot point comes up in pretty much every superhero series.

Edit: I don't know if season two actually takes a place a year after season one. I seem to recall Weisman stating it takes place literally right after season one. The team and costume changes will occur throughout the course of the season.

#3 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoggSaron: I do know for a fact that Young Justice Legacy does take place in between season 1 and 2 and i believe that the game is suppose to be considered canon...so the death that takes place there should apply...but it does seem weird since the game wont come out till February of 2013...

on a side note...i was thinking back and i think for sure the girl on the left is Wonder Girl and the second guy to the left is probably Blue Beetle and not Aqualad...it looks like Aqualad's sword, but it also appears it could be Blue Beetles wings..but the armor piece on the chin leads me to believe its Blue Beetle... the other four are still questionable imo...but i think...

Wonder Girl, Red Arrow, Robin, Miss Martian, Blue Beetle, Kid Flash (????) lol

#4 Edited by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

if wally isn't on the new team and they're bringing cassie in maybe it means the debut of the living legend BART ALLEN!!! god i hope so.

it does say on the strap line for young justice legacy ( the videogame) that "one will die"

i wander...

#5 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

@htb106: yeah "One will Rise, one will Fall, one will die"

if i had to guess, it's Robin who rises since it looks like he will be the team leader now...but i also have to wonder about the Robin in the trailer...because he used the bo staff (which is Tim's signature weapon) and not the eskrima sticks (which Dick used in today's episode)... could that also mean something...?

#6 Posted by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero: I don't know if the one with the bow is Red Arrow, it looks far too skinny. It could be Artemis with her quiver obstructing her pony tail. The composite bow in place of a standard bow also points towards Artemis. I guess it could be the real Roy Harper, but somehow I doubt it.

#7 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

One year gap interesting. Well we will find out on next Saturday how long the gap was although really I am expecting two teams.

#8 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero said:

Beast Boy...who's not green...?

Probably based off the New 52 Beast Boy.

Superboy #8
#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27304 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero: Beast Boy was green

#10 Posted by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero: It's not Tim. They aren't going to switch Robins out of nowhere. There's no need to remove a character you've been building up for a year to replace it with another character who's pretty much exactly the same but with no back story or development.

#11 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: a lot of people been telling me they see green, but i see black except for the eyes which are green...but maybe that's just my screen...lol

@YoggSaron: i doubt they would change, but it does seem questionable to have Dick's Robin use the bo staff instead of eskrima sticks which he used today's episode

but anyways, anyone else see the Green Lantern ship...could it maybe be Kyle Rayner? i personally would love to see a younger Green Lantern join the team...

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27304 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero said:

@spiderbat87: a lot of people been telling me they see green, but i see black except for the eyes which are green...but maybe that's just my screen...lol

@YoggSaron: i doubt they would change, but it does seem questionable to have Dick's Robin use the bo staff instead of eskrima sticks which he used today's episode

but anyways, anyone else see the Green Lantern ship...could it maybe be Kyle Rayner? i personally would love to see a younger Green Lantern join the team...

Oh god YES

#13 Posted by krspaceT (1458 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like Robin, Miss Martian, Superboy, Beast Boy, Wonder Girl, Blue Beetle and Bumblebee based on the preview and teaser.

Batgirl shows up as well but no way to tell who she is talking to. Although I will note Superboy and Miss Martian are not on screen with the rest of the Robin Team nor do they look like they appear in the same locations necessarily.

Leaves Aqualad, Artemis, Kid Flash, Rocket and Zatanna unaccounted for might also count Red Arrow (Clone) and Speedy (Real).

Teaser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXROjTdmgEI&feature=related

#15 Posted by krspaceT (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

Just because Superman wasn't always in Justice League doesn't mean he left the team or split it up

#16 Posted by xmenboi11z (77 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, please excuse my logic that about to come out lol. SO, We have season 1's 8 members correct? 4 of them Male and 4 Female. We HAVE seen Super boy and Robin, but now KF, AND AL? However, we Have come to see 3 other males Blue Beetle, Beast Boy, and Lagoon Boy. TWO of which we kind of know are for sure additions. Then the only Original girl we've seen confirmed is Miss Martian. But, we've seen Three other female characters that Will appear. WG, BG, and BB. That leaves Artemis, Rocket, and Zatanna out. So, I'm guessing, that the creators are replacing those members for the new additions and Over powers the female members with males to mirror the JL?? IDK. . leave me alone lol.

#17 Posted by X9 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

: I thought Batgirl was talking to Zatanna or Zatara (?!) I mean, the uniform the misterious person was wearing looks like theirs. Though she/he seemed to be parted in the middle... anyway, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

About Wally, I'm really gona miss him on the show. Between him and Superboy, I would've definitely stick with Kid Flash. But, sure, Superboy'd be more interesting to the show

#18 Edited by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm which trailer are you looking at? I just see a robot next to her. I know there are 3 videos though because I remember one has Wonder Girl punching Lobo.

Still its Zatanna then Zatara is now Dr. Fate. So that would suggest two teams.

Will see Kid Flash and the rest I am sure although if we could have done less with anyone it would be Miss Martian and Superboy, they have dominated screen time. I suppose Miss Martian saves a lot of money though seeing as they don't have to animate faces when they use her.

#19 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio
Or maybe the trailer is just us the new members to tease us? Whats the point of showing older members when we know they're alr going to appear.
#20 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

They showed Robin, Superboy and Miss Martian so not just a new member tease.

#21 Posted by mfundo (1620 posts) - - Show Bio

I also saw Bumble Bee in the trailor too

#22 Posted by SmoothJammin (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Wally's going to get promoted to Flash

Dick is growing his hair out and ditching the cape en route to his Nightwing debut

#23 Posted by SmoothJammin (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

TT animated Nightwing used a bo staff as well

#24 Edited by timetostart (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is my real problem. Batgirl must definitely be Barbara Gordon due to her red hair, and she looked much older than thirteen and in the show she is the same age as Dick Grayson which is thirteen and she looks like she is about 16-22 years old, but

this toy box shows Kaldur as Aqualad wearing what seems to Commander Shephard's armor. If there is a timeskip (which I'm not very sure of either way), there is a reasonable explanation for Miss Martian and Superboy still looking the same age for Miss Martian can age a little longer and still have the form of a teenager and maybe the intervention of Cadmus resulted in Superboy to not age at all, but it wouldn't explain Kaldur as Aqualad unless Atlanteans have some kind of different aging as well.

Anyways I wold have like to see Donna instead of Cassandra, but I can see a reason for that decision, and a young Kyle Rayner...interesting

#25 Posted by TheGremlin (58 posts) - - Show Bio

If Speedy does come back what are they gonna do about his arm? Remember he was a right arm short in that cryo tank.

One will rise: Robin as team leader.

One will fall: Aqualad as team leader and possible villain.

One will die: ...Just anybody but KF.

#26 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

I figure Real Roy falls to the dark side to become Arsenal while Clone Roy dies.

#27 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

About the time skip...

The next episode is called Happy New Years... could it be the new years that happen after the season 1 finale...or is actually one year passes?

#28 Posted by cattlebattle (12274 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bestostero said:

About the time skip...

The next episode is called Happy New Years... could it be the new years that happen after the season 1 finale...or is actually one year passes?

Greg Weisman said "In essence its picking up where it left off" which doesn't solidify anything...but, you can kind of tell from Lagoon Boy and Beast Boy...who were younger looking in their appearances are  older looking, even Robin looks to be a bit bigger...I would say it would be about a year in between the seasons. The video game legacy will likely cover the events of the missing year
#29 Posted by krspaceT (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: We'll know in about six days

#30 Posted by TheGremlin (58 posts) - - Show Bio

The more I look at Aqualads armor the more certain I am that he joins up with Black Manta.

#31 Posted by krspaceT (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGremlin: I expected him to go mole.....that Aqualad would try to Starro one of them up or something

So what, is he undercover....

#32 Edited by TheGremlin (58 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah he was one of my top suspects to be the mole but I don't know. If a year passes between seasons there's a good chance he could start off the season as one of the main bad guys and they'll have us guessing about when and why he turned evil for most of the season. Tula picking Garth will most likely be a big part of it. A year long time skip would also put him right at about the age that they would let him join the Justice League. Maybe the League is using him as a mole against The Light. ...I'm starting to get a headache from all the possibilities...Oh well that just means they're doing a good job writing I guess.

#33 Posted by krspaceT (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGremlin: Wait, when does the game come out?

#34 Posted by TheGremlin (58 posts) - - Show Bio

@krspaceT: 2013 I heard.

#35 Posted by krspaceT (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGremlin: Great.....

#36 Posted by TheGremlin (58 posts) - - Show Bio

@krspaceT: Yeah there was no way they were gonna reveal all the answers until the season was over. The game will probably just let you go a little further in depth.

#37 Posted by krspaceT (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGremlin: As long as the game allows you to play as most the cast, and that includes some of the new guys....I'm fine with it. I mean, even if they aren't Kingdom Hearts, as long as they have a good battle style

#38 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Game Mechanics are fine I like the Kingdom Hearts System but I am also a Big Fan of the Tales of Series Battle System.

#39 Posted by cattlebattle (12274 posts) - - Show Bio
@krspaceT said:

@TheGremlin: As long as the game allows you to play as most the cast, and that includes some of the new guys....I'm fine with it. I mean, even if they aren't Kingdom Hearts, as long as they have a good battle style

@Skaddix said:

Yeah Game Mechanics are fine I like the Kingdom Hearts System but I am also a Big Fan of the Tales of Series Battle System.

I'm thinking it might be like Marvel Ultimate alliance, I read that you can choose a team of 4 characters for each mission......except I hope its more like the predecessor X-Men Legends

In MUA 1 and 2 you could basically pick anyone...beat some ass...and beat the game...In the original X-Men Legends you actually had to be a bit more technical when picking teams...different characters would effect certain enemies with certain resistances and the game was actually kind of hard until your characters levels became higher. I'm saying I'm hoping the gme is more of a challenge
#40 Posted by krspaceT (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: The game has 12 playable characters, and 12 bosses

#41 Posted by krspaceT (1458 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7622 posts) - - Show Bio

Possibility there's 2 different teams

YJ & Teen Titans

#43 Posted by Postacrat (487 posts) - - Show Bio

It's officially a new roster, I saw the episode today and it was awesome. Finally Tim get's a turn to represent as robin, I felt like they constantly used Dick or an Amalgamation of him and Tim but never just Tim. Now he shows up and D*ck becomes Nightwing and the new team handler, and he's training Tim to be the new team leader! I won't reveal anymore info but Young Justice has my vote as one of the best Super hero cartoons out there, way better than Avengers or anything Marvel is doing right now. The art is better the story is better the cameo's are better, the Justice leagues is incredible, I'm just totally satisfied with the show, oh and the Gap turned out to be 5 years later.

#44 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7622 posts) - - Show Bio

@Postacrat said:

It's officially a new roster, I saw the episode today and it was awesome. Finally Tim get's a turn to represent as robin, I felt like they constantly used Dick or an Amalgamation of him and Tim but never just Tim. Now he shows up and D*ck becomes Nightwing and the new team handler, and he's training Tim to be the new team leader! I won't reveal anymore info but Young Justice has my vote as one of the best Super hero cartoons out there, way better than Avengers or anything Marvel is doing right now. The art is better the story is better the cameo's are better, the Justice leagues is incredible, I'm just totally satisfied with the show, oh and the Gap turned out to be 5 years later.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.